Decker Home Repairs LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2010

4.2

204 Pleasant Dr

Greer, SC 29651

We now have Lifetime Workmanship Warranty for all Angie's list customers... Goto deckerhomerepairs.fullslate.com to schedule your appointment thanks We offer complete home repair and remodeling solutions for your needs and always complete each task in a timely, professional and clean manner. Our

10/15/2021

Belle C.

I had water damage to the floor in the laundry room and both bathrooms. I had the water lines and septic lines under the house and in the walls replaced no problem with the plumber he was great. The insurance paid for the water damage that was done . I had to come to a settlement with these clowns because of the damage they did to my home while "fixing" it. I showed them my insurance payout so they magically came up with that exact $ with wood replacement. I recorded them admitting fault in the damage done to my home then they tried to charge the insurance company for their blunder. By that point I had had so many problems with them cutting corners, not being forthcoming, being late and leaving early that I had started recording every conversation. I sent the recording of his admission to the insurance company and BBB. They will not be getting paid for the damage they did to my home. A piece to my vanity came in packaging. I caught one guy stealing. He called it "cleaning up" but the splash guard for my vanity was not garbage and he took it out of the packaging it came in, in order to take it with him. not through it out so I don't think so. I cought one guy putting up an exterior wall with no insulation. They stomped my air duct flat. And was planning on leaving it like that. If I wouldn't have pointed it out they would not have insulate the subfloor. it would still not be uninsulated. at least it's partially insulated now. had to come back and redo a lot and still failed to finish insulating the subfloor after 5 times going under my home. I thought I was hiring a quality company not a cut-rate hack service. From the beginning to the end they cut corners and screwed up. The one time Jamie Decker came to my home. He jumped out of a great big truck, came in my home and came across as a jerk with an ego. Trying to talk me out of suing him. Then climbed back up in his big truck and drove off. He thought he had accomplished something. That was the conversation I took pleasure in sending to the Better Business Bureau and the insurance company. At the end, he even had the nerve to try and ask MY insurance agent to cut me out of the final invoice. He tried to get them to send it directly to him. My insurance agent had to tell him that's not how it works.. lol. And then told him that they were not going to pay for the damage he did. My advice to anyone looking for a contractor. Hire someone else. If you hire this goon take pictures of EVERYTHING so he can't weasel his way out of paying for the damaged his company does to your home. Probably best they stick to little jobs though. Small jobs might not be as overwhelming for them.

Description of Work
Remodel two bathrooms including subfloor and six floor joist

Category appliance repair, ceramic tile, picture framing, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

08/03/2019

Charles L.

Poorly. The business is disorganized, priced very high, and the work was sloppy. They did correct their errors, but it took them two more tries, and this was really basic work. Their first work crew was inept, took long lunches, and slow. It took them 4 days to do something that a qualified crew could do in a day and a half. They left cigarette butts behind and generally treated my brand new sod like a construction site instead of a yard (I had to clean up behind them every afternoon). When they were finished, they left their unused materials behind and didn't ask me to inspect the final work before they cleared out. The posts for the steps weren't plumb, the wood work was sloppy, and the siding didn't extend to the foundation. When I complained, they sent a 2nd individual who corrected some of the problems, not all. Then I complained again, and they sent a 3rd guy who finished the corrections. I spoke to Jamie Decker afterwards and told him I was generally disappointed, especially for the high price I was paying. He said he had very low margin in the job, which isn't surprising considering it took a three man crew almost four days to do a very small job wrong. When I pointed this out to him, he said he was so frustrated with his business that he was considering shutting it down - but he never offered to reduce the invoice for my troubles, and never actually apologized for the general lack of quality and reliability. It was bizarre. At that point I wasn't even sure he cared if he got paid, he was so despondent. But when he hadn't been paid in 3 days, I started getting nastygrams from his accounting software and late fees tacked on. I paid the final invoice about a week afterward, but when I complained about the late fees and reminded him that his inept crew took far longer than they should have to complete the work, he became angry and said that I was being "unprofessional" by calling his crew inept...but he admitted that they had done subpar work in the previous conversation. Strange. I didn't pay the late fees. This is the short version of the story. In reality it was a much longer ordeal, but it's not worth the time it would take to write. Would never hire this business again, and I'd be wary of giving a deposit to someone who says he's thinking about quitting.

Description of Work
Small job - section of outdoor vinyl siding replaced and some steps built to my back door

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, siding, woodworking

I will be praying for you that you find peace and comfort on reporting a false review and you still have a past due balance per late fees that I will be sending past due invoices until paid thanks and have a bless day

06/25/2018

john P.

Called in April and Sean came out to review. The leak was by the chimney in the bonus room. Sean indicated that they would replace the roof tile about two feet from each side of the chimney. This was done in mid-April. The roofer showed up and unloaded shingles, etc. one afternoon. I believe he came back around 5pm the following day. It did not rain for about a week and I still had a leak. Advised Sean and he sent several e-mails about when the roofer would come back which constantly changed. At some point he came back and applied more roofing cement around the chimney. Went on vacation late May and came back to find water in the buckets as that was the week in rained a lot. Sean had said he leak tested but if he could not get in the house I don't know how he did it. I cut a hole in the ceiling and took a picture of where the leak was. Finally drove out to the office and talked with Jamie and showed him the picture. He assured me he would get back to me Thursday afternoon or Friday. That did not happen. A roofer from Decker called the following Wednesday and I called him back. He said he had two jobs to do and would call when he could come out. Never got a call back. It is now the end of June. I am done with Decker and have called a roofing contractor to finished the job.

Description of Work
Roof leak repair

05/29/2018

Joy L.

If I could give less than one star, I would! We called to get an estimate for our kitchen remodel and they sent someone out the next week. We received our estimate the following week on 11/9/17 and agreed to the contract. It took them 6 weeks to get started on the job and an additional 12 weeks to complete the work. 4 weeks after we signed the contract they came back to us saying the job was under quoted and they wanted more money. We should have taken this as a sign from the beginning and moved on to another company but we disregarded it because someone made a mistake. During the whole process we were very frustrated with the lack of urgency and their precarious work schedule. On the days they actually showed up to work, it was rushed and sloppy. They were careless and their work was mediocre at best! We had to inspect their work on a daily basis and request for things to be corrected and done over multiple times. No one paid attention to the details and they were always trying to cut corners. We purchased all new appliances for our new kitchen. They had to install our dishwasher 3 times, which took an additional 3 weeks to get corrected. They also damaged the refrigerator when putting it in and that took an additional 7 weeks to get corrected. They wouldn't own up to causing the damage to the brand new refrigerator, so thanks to Steve at Home Depot for taking the hit on this one! He contacted GE to get the replacement parts and he came out to our home to fix the damage. It took a total of 24 weeks for this fiasco to be completely finished! When you're paying for a job to be done, you want it to be done correctly and to look like professionals did the job! We shouldn't have needed to micromanage the work that was being done. That was the job of the project manager, which changed at least 4 times in the 12 weeks they were working. Not to mention there were several people that were fired and/or not paid for the work they did. Some of which deserved it but there were others that did the best work on our kitchen and still lost their job. We would not recommend Decker Home Repairs and we will definitely not be using them again!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

There is little a reputable business can do to defend itself against an unsatisfied customer. At the outset we would like to point out that the [Member Name Removed] kitchen was completed and paid in full a month ago with all but one item that was beyond our control completed over two months ago. To our knowledge there has been no communication between our personnel and the [Member Name Removed] since then. It is a bit disconcerting and strange that we should "out of the blue" be receiving this review. In response, a review of the record would show that at every stage of the project Decker Home Repair was responsive to the [Member Name Removed]'s concerns and complaints. Whether the issue involved our own personnel, those whom we hired as subcontractors or vendors on the project, Decker never ignored or left incomplete any issue. We followed up and we corrected all in a timely manner. A review of the timeline of events clarifies many of the issues in the review. On 11/27/2017 Decker Home Repair received the deposit on project which per our contract is when job is "official." On 12/5//2017 Project coordinator met with customers to go over job and inform them of customer selection requirements. On 12/12/2017 customers had selected cabinets, granite and tile. On 12/13/2017 Sub-contractor and project coordinator met at job to go over job. The delay in the start of the project was in part the result of the [Member Name Removed] initial selection of cabinets being outside the allowance and budget for the cabinets. Once this was resolved there was a certain lead time required to obtain the cabinets ultimately selected. This is standard practice for this type of project and noting that the over budget cabinets were selected on 12/13/2017 all matters surrounding cabinets were resolved while other work was proceeding and the cabinets in fact were installed on 1/3/2018. Considering that both Christmas and New Years holiday occurred between the time the over budget cabinets were selected, the issue was resolved, the cabinets were ordered, and the cabinets were installed was less than 20 days seems entirely reasonable, if not amazing. As was explained to the customer, the granite top could not be manufactured until the cabinets were in place so a template could be made. This was done at the time of the cabinet install on 1/3/2018. On 1/11/2018 the granite was installed By 1/19/2019 the bulk of the work for kitchen had been completed and were ready for meeting with customer for "final" punch list. Here is the log from the project coordinator for that meeting on 1/23/2018. "Met with [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] this morning to do a final inspection/punch list. They were not happy with several things and were very critical of the workmanship by Tomas' men. I think the kitchen looks great. There are some minor things that need to be done as with any job when it it time for a punch list." Over the coming month Decker attempted to satisfy the customer even removing the crew who had been working on the job at their request and assigning other personnel. 1/27/2018 Text from [Member Name Removed]: I am not happy with the rework that was done yesterday. It looks like crap. The people was out here yesterday will not come back. When it seemed we could not satisfy the customer,Jamie Decker personally stepped in and took over management of the project in an attempt to salvage the project and complete it to the [Member Name Removed]'s satisfaction. During this time there was an issue with the [Member Name Removed]'s purchased refrigerator which Decker personnel installed. The door was damaged at delivery but damage to door was concealed by blue packing tape which had not been removed on delivery. Over the next months Jamie Decker communicated with Home Depot to get the door replaced. Due to manufacturer backorders and delays it took a totally unacceptable amount of time for the door to to be replaced. This and issues with cabinets and granite tops provided and installed by a former vendor also delayed the completion of the project but in no way prevented the use of the kitchen. It is indeed unfortunate that many of the items that the [Member Name Removed] document did occur and as a contractor we take full responsibility. Our only question at this point is: are they satisfied with the final result? Is the kitchen acceptable to them? If so why did they wait an inordinate period of time to write a negative review rather than discussing it with Decker who in the past they have admitted tried hard to solve any issues? We can document that the monies we spent to provide the kitchen they now have, exceed the amount we paid for the completed project. We made no profit and when overhead is considered, lost money on the kitchen. We did not, as is common these days, leave our customer "holding the bag." We took and take responsibility for our work. Despite our own issues which we, as a growing company continue to address, put our customers final satisfaction before our own financial gain. We realize that in the end only satisfied customers will make us successful. This obviously was not a successful outcome and for this we sincerely apologize. Jamie Decker Decker Home Repair LLC

05/09/2018

Catherine S.

I think that they should have put weather stripping on the door because there are still cracks. I think they should have broke down the price so I know what I paid for.

Description of Work
Back porch screened in and porch door rehung.

Category decks, handyman service

04/20/2018

Pam G.

We did not use their service. It took them forever to get back to us with a price, and when they did get back to us with a price, it was outrageous!

Description of Work
French Drains, Deck Staining, Boards replaced, Lighting,

Category decks, electrician, garage doors, handyman service, pressure washing

08/21/2017

Joseph W.

Work was done thoroughly and looked great. Very pleased with work

Description of Work
Repair front porch rails.

Category decks, handyman service

Thank you for your business. It was a pleasure working with you on your home improvement project.

08/14/2017

Robert J.

very professional, willing to help client with numerous questions

Description of Work
estimate on remodel

Category handyman service

Thank you for your business! As always, it is a pleasure working with you & look forward to future projects on your home.

07/28/2017

Michael K.

When deposit for the project was made, was told would be approximately 4 weeks until they could complete; they came the 4th week and completed. Project was completed exactly as planned. They cleaned entire area after job so you could never tell they were there.

Description of Work
Demo front porch columns and railing; replaced two columns and installed hand rails on stairs; also repaired decorative false window on front to match new columns; stain and paint

Category handyman service, remodeling, deck cleaning

Thank you for your positive review & look forward to assisting you with future home improvement projects.

06/08/2017

Rebecca F.

Excellent. They came one afternoon when there was a window when it was not raining, did the job and left. I was not even at home!

Description of Work
Replace threshold strip on deck.

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

Customer service is our #1 priority. Thank you for your business!

04/24/2017

Bill M.

They did a great job. They fixed the part of my porch that was damaged, and even gave me a lifetime warranty. They had a little bit of a communication problem, but it ended up going alright.

Description of Work
They came out to fix my front porch; a woodpecker had damaged it.

Category decks

Thank you for the great review it was our honor working for you on your beautiful home, Jamie Decker

03/30/2017

David A.

Decker was very responsive in the beginning. The initial estimate was reasonable but was not exactly what we had discussed at first meeting. We met again to go over the estimate and I was promised an updated estimate. After a week I called to check on the status of the estimate and was told I would have it soon. I never heard anything back. As a cash customer ready for this job to be done I don't expect to have to constantly follow up. If it's like this in the beginning I don't have confidence that it won't be like this through the entire project so I have moved on.

Description of Work
8x12 covered porch

Category decks

I do apologize. We emailed the estimate on February 9, 2017 at 3:24pm. Sometimes the estimates go into the junk mail folder. We encourage our customers to contact us if they have not received an estimate within a few days so we can resend it immediately. Thanks, Decker Management

03/29/2017

Sharon S.

Definitely will NOT be using. I imagine this was just our experience with one individual since a friend highly recommended them, but we were definitely NOT impressed.

Description of Work
We had hail damage to our roof, siding, and gutters - we also had hail damage a year ago and learned a lot through the process. One thing we learned was to get multiple estimates and that the estimator does NOT need to see your insurance adjustor paperwork (no matter what they claim). We like who we used last year but wanted a second estimate and Decker was referred by a friend. (1) Via phone the lady in the office tried to tell me it would be cheaper for us to wait until we had our insurance paperwork (how?) I told her we were collecting estimated first and she agreed. (2) They were 15 min early so my sister wasn't home from work yet and my elderly parents had to work with him. (3) He was rude to my Mom (4) Told her they only do estimates after the insurance adjustor has been out (4) Looked at the roof and nothing else (we have holes in our siding and I'd told them this when I made the appointment (5) Told my blind father we didn't have roof damage (6) Left before my sister could get home.

Yes we advise all of our customers that we work off of the insurance papers provided by the adjuster. This process allows us to recuperate the depreciated value of the damaged items for you. If we don't have the papers and aren't able to recuperate that money for you, it could cost you more than just your deductible out of your pocket. We also try to save our customers money anyway we can. We do many insurance jobs for many homeowners and they never have a problem sending us the insurance papers. Our customers are also very pleased that we will work hand-in-hand with their insurance companies to have any unseen damaged covered and paid with no problems to the homeowner. Have a Blessed Day! Decker Management

03/06/2017

Brett G.

I had no idea it would cost that much. I will do the work myself.

Description of Work
Install hand rails on front porch stairs.

Category handyman service

I am so sorry we could not meet your financial expectations. We would also ask you to keep in mind that we are a small family owned business that is fully licensed, bonded and insured. Please keep us in mind for your future home improvement projects. Thanks, Decker Management

02/03/2017

William E.

The guys from Decker Home repair responded promptly, made adjustments to our estimate as we asked, scheduled and completed the work quickly. We are very pleased with how the work was done and men were polite, neat, and good to work with while at my home.

Description of Work
Refinishing our front door and repairing rotten wood around another doorway

Category handyman service, woodworking

Thank you for your business and please keep us in mind for your future home improvement needs. Have a blessed day! Decker Management

11/28/2016

SHILONDA D.

It went very well. Fast, friendly service.

Description of Work
Had a bathroom cabinet re adhered to the wall.

11/28/2016

LINDA D.

It went very well. They were very good, very professional. We had 3 different people come and give us an estimate on a new deck, and we're still trying to make a decision. The people who came and gave the estimate were very good.

Description of Work
They came out to give us an estimate for a new deck.

11/22/2016

Ronald T.

They weren't very friendly and professional. I didn't do the job. I would never use them in the future.

Description of Work
I had them do an estimate for a kitchen remodel.

Category home remodeling

I am sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience working with our Sales team. I will forward this information along so your complaints can be addresses with our staff. Have a blessed day! Decker Management

11/08/2016

Sharon and Thomas D.

Mindy, at his office, asked us to text a picture of the vinyl piece before they would be able to do any work. They said they would be able to come out on Friday for $300, even though the other estimates we've gotten were around $75.

Description of Work
The corner vinyl piece of siding has a hole in it and needs to be replaced.

Category handyman service

I am sorry to hear that our pricing did not meet your expectations. I would ask you to please remember that we are a small family owned business and not just a man in a pick-up truck. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured. I would ask that you please reconsider your "F" review since your only complaint was price. Please keep us in mind for your future home improvement needs. Thanks, Decker Management

09/04/2016

Bob Q.

Old non-leaking shingles replaced with new shingles, i.e., complete new roof. New roof had a leak that damaged living room ceiling and leaked onto floor and furnishings. Decker was unable to fix leak.

Description of Work
roof replaced

Category handyman service, roofing

Please remove this review since Decker Home Repairs LLC did not do work for this customer thank you

08/15/2016

Billy W.

The provider was fine. The reason for the B is that I thought they were a little high priced. They were right on time.

Description of Work
They came out and gave us an estimate for basic house repairs.

08/06/2016

Harry P.

I didn't use them. They showed up when they said they would. I'd give them a D on price.

Description of Work
They just gave me a quote on doing some brick work.

Category masonry

I sorry our pricing seamed high did you get other estimates I wish you would reconsider a D that means we was 4 times higher [Member Information Removed] a blessed day,Jamie Decker

10/29/2015

Deborah S.

It took several weeks for someone from Decker's to come to my house and get the 1 day job done. The windows look good, so I hope all of the work is done correctly. It is critical in order to prevent leaking around the windows. The porch rails, the simplest of the jobs, were not done very well. One of the top rails bowed and came loose from the pickets. They cemented one of the posts without it being leveled. The rail leaned outward and there was cement left on top of a couple of bricks on my steps. I didn't think that it was very professional looking. I called Decker's office and reached their project manager. He came to my house to see the rails for himself. He told me it was a messy job. He assured me that this would be taken care of. After many calls and being told that the job would be done in two weeks, or week after next, or when one of the workers got back from vacation, etc. (and four months), I finally got in touch with Jamie Decker. He told me that I wasn't on "the board" for warranty work. I asked him why I was not on the board. No reason was given. Jamie also told me that my job was under quoted and that he lost money on it. I told him that was not my fault. I paid the amount that I was quoted and this was not an estimate, it was a quote. He was rude and basically badgered me for 5+ minutes. I have never been talked to in such an unprofessional manner by anyone that I have done business with. He assured me that he would have them fixed in 2 weeks. Not! From this point on, I wasn't able to reach him via telephone again. After leaving a message I wasn't called back, I was texted! It was several weeks before the work was finally completed. This warranty work was a small job that probably took a very short time to complete. It could have been completed in a professional, timely manner and this confrontation could have been avoided. I will not be hiring Decker Home Repair for any other jobs and nor will I recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
This company repaired some of the wood (I hope) and wrapped the wood around my dormer windows in aluminum. They also replaced the rails on each side of the steps leading from my front porch.

Category masonry, replacement windows, woodworking

This is totally wrong he job is completed and she was happy i don't understand, Jamie Decker

09/08/2015

Iris B.

Was done with great quality. They can complete any action you need around the house.

Description of Work
Completed a honey-do list of repairs including clean up of deck rails, caulked around tub, replaced hinges on kitchen cabinets and other actions.

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, decks, handyman service, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you, for using our services, it was our pleasure working for you and thanks for your kind words. Jamie Decker

07/22/2015

Linda B.

They were to remodel my shower and do a kitchen backsplash. Jamie Decker came out to our home and gave us the estimate. He told us it would take a max of 3 weeks. It actually took 8 weeks. This was after his guys had messed up the tile in our shower. They ended up firing 2 people and called in a man I told them I wanted to finish this, that he had done tile work for us in the past. All he could do was try and touch up places because if he had tried to remove the tiles to fix them, it would have ruptured the membrane and caused possible leaking. So, we had to except the shower as it was. They messed up the kitchen tile and had to take it back and reorder it which took another two weeks. Jamie came out one time and was upset with what he saw. From then on he sent Ric Goodyear , his product manager, to try and clean up the mess. Never once has Jamie apologized to us all the mistakes and the amount of time his people were taking. The only thing he was concerned about getting more money. This was to be our dream shower, but there are so many bad places, crooked tiles. I would never recommend Jamie Decker Repairs. I hope this is taken into consideration before he's given Best in The Upstate award again.

Description of Work
New shows in master bedroom and backsplash kitchen.

Category ceramic tile

I have learned a valuable lesson in working with friends and family of me and my employees this was one can you believe that. First of all, the allowance on the tile i gave the lady was fair but she went very overboard with it by making me purchase $2200 worth of tile then i tried to get her to reimburse me the difference and she got mad it all started downhill from there yes my guys did a bad job on the tile, and i had to let them go wouldn't you, but i went there like 3 times she was not home or don't remember me coming also i apologize per email, facebook and text if anybody would like to see proof i have that, also the delay was because of the special order tile that took 3 weeks to get so i don't understand that comment, i also offered to have the other guy redo but she denied said it look good but now it dont also the backsplash in the kitchen was bad because she ordered the wrong tile and i was helping her out at doing that at cost. I called her after receiving this review after i reminded her i was calling her to see what i could do to resolve the issues but she handed the phone to her husband and hung up on me. IF WE WAS A BAD COMPANY WE WOULD NOT HAVE GOT BEST OF THE UPSTATE AWARDS 5 YEARS IN A ROW.