Wild Thingz Wildlife Removal

Founded 2010 • With Angi since February 2010

1519 Cleveland St

Columbia, SC 29203

Voted Columbia's Best Wildlife Control Company three years running by Angie’s List members, Wild Thingz has proven itself as the industry leader in wildlife removal and exclusion. We have learned to think like the animals we deal with so that our work is completed correctly the first time....

10/19/2017

Olga W.

They took care of them haven't had a problem since.

Description of Work
Had cottonmouth snakes that had nested inside a tree on our property.

06/04/2017

lloyd W.

Went well and have not had problems since then.

Description of Work
We had squirrels in our attic and they trapped them, then installed gap guard around the roofline and eaves.

05/17/2016

Steve O.

We have a log home and have had a bat show up inside maybe 6 time overt the last 15 years. It was always flying at night and never showed any signs. We realized we had a bat infestation inside my daughter's room on Friday, June 29th. I called Wild Thingz and they offered to come out on Saturday but warned about expense so I sealed the room and they promised to be there first thing Monday morning. They showed up as promised and assessed the situation. Over the next few days, they used 200 tubes of caulk, they sealed all areas of possible penetration, and set up filters in 2 areas that would allow bats out but not back in. In one location they would not go out so they extracted manually. It was not cheap, but we have seen no signs in the last week and hopeful that will be continue to be the case. If we never have a bat inside again it will be worth it. They were always very professional and punctual.

Description of Work
Seal and extract bats and a snake

Category home inspection,animal removal

04/03/2016

Steven N.

We really didn't do business

Description of Work
we didn't do business. Please stop asking me about this vendor

01/10/2016

Joe K.

well

Description of Work
Estimeate

06/29/2015

Alexander G.

Excellent -- much of the work had to be done while I was away and slightly unreachable. I had arranged for another family member to be at the house in my absence, but she wasn't able to be there for the entire time, so we ended up leaving them a spare key - which based on their level of professionalism, I was entirely comfortable doing (of course no issues). The quality of work was A+, everything that was done was exactly what was written in the contract. They were also a great help in dealing with the insurance, which tried to cheap out on a couple of various charges (all beyond the call of duty, as the few issues we had with the insurance were not related to services Wild Thingz was being hired to perform). Would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
Wildlife (racoon) removal, mitigation and restoration work. Wild Thingz handled the majority of dealings with the insurance company, and assisted with scheduling various other service providers I selected for services they did not perform. They also handled all sheetrock & insulation removal, replacement & debris cleanup.

06/25/2015

Mike E.

Heard scratching noises from the roof/attic and saw insulation that was disturbed in the attic. Called Nate and they came out the next day and confirmed we had Raccoons in the attic. He pointed out the entry point and explained what needed to be done to remove the animals and prevent their reentry. They started the process the following day and over the next week sealed up all possible entry points and repaired where they got in in the first place. Nate and crew worked very hard in very hot weather to solve our raccoon problem. Very happy with the quality or the work, would use them again if necessary. I do not think we will after all the work they did to seal all the possible entry points. Very happy with Wild Thingz

Description of Work
Remove racoon family from attic and seal all possible entry points

Category insulation,animal removal

05/15/2015

John R.

Nathan and his partner Kevin set traps for the raccoons after squirting a pheromone deterrent into the eave. The raccoons had apparently already departed. The traps were never disturbed. The eaves were sealed with galvanized steel which wrapped from the inside of the gutter around the edge of the roof deck to the top surface. This was done to all gutter lines and all flashing was reinforced. The gable vents were screened. Nathan, Kevin, and Jeremy worked carefully and neatly. They are vey knowledgable thorough and professional. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
I saw wood chips under an eave. I suspected squiirrels were trying to get into the eave. I called Wild Thingz LLC. The owner Nathan Ginter came out the next day. He showed me large holes in the edge of the roof decking that were done by raccoons. The same area had been invaded by squirrels about 8 years ago and flashing had been added to that area to close the air gap between the roof deck and the fascia. Nathan showed us scratch marks on the gutter downspout left by the climbing raccoon. He explained how raccoons can pull the thin metal squirrel barrier away and get at the wood and chew their way in. He thoroughly inspected the foundation and all the roof joints and we contracted to get everything sealed up including screening the gablevents to preclude bats.

05/11/2015

Christine D.

We hired Nathan and his crew about a year ago to trap rats that were getting into our crawlspace at our rental house. They were very punctual, professional and solved the problem. They trapped the rates and sealed off any access points in the crawlspace and attic. Today we noticed that a wire mesh they put in had been chewed through. I called Nathan and he was at the house in 10 minutes. We determined the mesh had been cut not chewed. Not sure how this happened, but possibly could have been done by a competitor. Anyway, Nathan put new mesh on the vent at no charge.

Description of Work
Repair wire mesh on crawlspace vent

04/19/2015

Brenda B.

Nathan set traps and removed the trapped squirrels for several weeks, repaired the ridge vents and repaired the hole that the squirrels managed to make even larger since his initial visit. Nathan kept in contact with me via email each time he came out to the house and kept me abreast of the progress. He answered all my questions and gave me an education on squirrels. Before Nathan got rid of the squirrels, I could hear them almost nightly up in the attic, running around. I even had to have a floater switch replaced in the attic because the squirrels had chewed through it. This was very upsetting because I recently had my HVAC system replaced less than a year before this happened. Fortunately the replacement was covered under warranty and it did not cost me anything. Had I known that Wild Thingz Wildlife Removal could have done all the work the first time around, I would have had Nathan complete the work rather than calling in a roofer. Nathan explained to me that he thought the roofer would have made the necessary repairs and fixed the entry point. Fortunately again, the roofer did not charge me either time he came out because of a misunderstanding and scheduling error on his part. My attic is now squirrel free, I have peace and quiet at night and according to Nathan, I have a very good warranty of the work.

Description of Work
Nathan came out and inspected my house in January 2014 because I had been seeing mouse droppings in the kitchen area. He inspected the attic and the surrounding outside areas of the house. He showed me the area of the roof in the attic where squirrels and mice had entry and also showed me from the outside where there was damage to the ridge vent. He recommended that I contact a roofer for repairs.The cost of this initial service was $39.00. I did purchase glue traps as he recommended and that took care of the mouse. I had a roofer come out and repairs were made but the repairs were either not done correctly or did not hold because the ridge vent came open twice and squirrels were able to gain re-entry to the roof. I continued to see and hear squirrels in my attic. I finally contacted Nathan again in February 2015 and he came out and found that the squirrels had done additional damage to the roof and several squirrels had made a home in my attic. He gave me an estimate for the repairs and trappings ($880.00) and started work the next day. Traps were set and checked for several weeks and my attic was finally free of squirrels. Nathan made the necessary repairs to the ridge vents and closed up the hole.

Category pest control,home inspection,animal removal

Dedicated Dependable Home Inspections, LLC

{You Can Afford The Best} { Inferred Thermal Imaging Now Used } Welcome to Dedicated Dependable Home Inspections. We have been proudly servicing the local area over 19 years and we are excited to work with you! Call today to schedule an appointment for fast, quality, and reliable service, please check out our ratings and reviews. I enjoy providing traditional values with modern technology and you will not regret your decision to work with our company! You are genuinely better off getting your own CERTIFIED HOME INSPECTOR rather than relying on your real estate agent's home inspector. *** (MY INSPECTIONS INCLUDE AN EVALUATION OF YOUR HEATING & AIR SYSTEMS AND A STRUCTURAL OPINION, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF YOU GET A LOW QUOTE FIND OUT EVERYTHING THAT IS INCLUDED). ***AN INITAL QUOTE FROM OTHERS COSTING $300.00 CAN EASILY COST YOU $550.00***

C4 Energy Insulation LLC

We're an owner-operated insulation business that can provide extraordinary thermal qualities by installing a highly energy efficient thermal envelope. Which in turn will help with lowering your energy costs. We can insulate your Residential or Commercial building. We have 10 years of experience in the insulation business, from spray foam to fiberglass and blown in insulation.

RetroFoam of the Carolinas

RetroFoam of the Carolinas is an insulation contractor that provides injection and open and closed cell spray foam insulating solutions for existing homes, new homes, and pole barns across the Carolinas and Virginia. Our mission is to help homeowners minimize their energy waste and create more energy-efficient, healthy, quieter homes. RetroFoam of the Carolinas is operated by a fun-loving team of construction professionals with over 25 years of experience in the industry. The team comprises service-minded, problem-solving people that are excited to talk to you at your level of expertise. Happy clients and energizing relationships are what get us up in the morning. We are always quick with a smile, and always excited to talk with anyone about how to make their homes more comfortable.

Animal Rescues/Shelters
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, American Express

Mitigation restoration, Animal proofing, Home repair, Animal removal, Steralization, Fecal matter removal