What to look for when you want to hire an exterior house painting business
Hiring an exterior house painting contractor saves you a lot of DIY time and effort. However, it’s important to note that a paint contractor does not remove every bit of work from your list. You should spend time to make certain you’re working with the right people for the work.
Start by looking at reviews. We invite you to check out reviews right on our page for painting businesses in your city. You may also read reviews on pages such as Google. Only one poor review doesn’t necessarily mean a contractor is a poor option. In cases where you see a series of poor reviews, think twice.
After considering reviews for exterior paint contractors online, reach out and schedule a meeting. Stay away from quotes that come from businesses that haven’t sent a consultant out to inspect your house. Painting contractors who get a physical look at your home can provide support with selecting the appropriate tone and paint type as well as craft quote your project with greater accuracy.
Do ensure you only hire contractors who are appropriately licensed and insured. Insurance covers you and the contractors completing work on your home if something happens. Not every state requires licenses for exterior home painting pros, so check with the state in question to find out about requirements.
Examples of exterior home paint services
House painting contractors provide a bevy of services other than just brushwork. A seasoned painting contractor can handle nearly all tasks required to add new paint to your home.
Some services you might expect from exterior house painting companies include:
- Consults. The right exterior painting business sends a knowledgeable rep to your home to discuss a painting project with you. This pro can give you advice about the paint colors that may be ideal for your house, and many companies turn to apps to produce an image of your house with various paint tones to make your decision easier.
- Preparatory work. Paint companies start by getting your house’s exterior ready for the first coat. Contractors wash away debris that might impact the paint job, work to sand down surfaces, or handle small repairs such as replacing damaged wood.
- Erecting safety equipment. Qualified exterior paint businesses work hard to keep everyone safe during the project, including you and your household. Painting teams might install scaffolding, especially if your house has multiple stories.
- Priming before painting. If it’s necessary, home painting contractors start with priming to support a foundation for a paint job that looks awesome.
- Painting work. Certainly, exterior house paint companies provide painting services. That includes applying as many coats as necessary to ensure a professional final look.
- Finishing work. Once paint coats are added to to large surfaces, painters look to complete edge work and other details needed to make the paint job look great.
Reach out to potential paint contractors in Columbia to discover what services they provide. Hire painting professionals who deliver everything required required to finish your project well.