Finding the correct subbase is important for any concrete project, and many people choose to use sand. While sand may seem like a good subbase, there are a lot of factors that you should consider before going with this option.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in State College, PA
There are 3 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in State College
- Michaels ConstructionMichael replaced a 23 year old front step for us in May 2019. In July 2021 we noticed moisture and mold in the basement directly under the front step, including inside the electrical box. We learned that water had been slowing seeping in around the frame of the front door down the wall to the basement because the concrete was not level by about 1/8” and slanted toward the house. I called Michael and he came out to assess. After first insisting that the step was level, he later agreed that it was off by 1/8” where it meets the house. He offered to use a composite molding material attached to the wood with caulking, and do a skim coat with bonding adhesive onto the concrete. Having done some research beforehand and consulting our contractor I knew that this was not a long-term solution. Additionally, the wood framing at the base of the doorframe was rotted from being continually wet and needs to be replaced. When I told him that our contractor suggested that the entire step be replaced, he said “that’s not going to happen” and went on to say that he couldn’t find my contractor’s name and also that he did not have a contract with him. I tried to approach him reasonably, showing him what was indisputably caused by his workmanship. He never even said that he was sorry that it had happened! From the onset, he was defensive, rude, and ultimately walked away from me. He tried to tell me that it likely wouldn’t have been a problem if I had a covered porch “like most people” pointing to other houses on my block. He even went on to insult me, saying that it took us two years to notice. I told him that we are likely going to have to have the damage caused go through our homeowners’ insurance and suggested that he file a claim with his insurance, to which he scoffed and said “then my rates will go up!” We plan to be in our home for a long time. I paid for a job done right, not one with a band-aid applied. This man does not stand behind his work
- Haranin ConstructionCalled company and owner came out that afternoon to inspect and bid job. Was told price and approximately when job would be finished. Told him I would call later that afternoon or the next day to give him the go ahead. Called back, he said entire job should be done in two to three weeks. He had to get a crew out to break up and remove sidewalk, then schedule a cement truck when one was in the area. Entire job was done by the next week. Great work, very efficient. Invoice was as quoted!!
- J W Holderman ConcreteFantastic job!! Very efficient, hardworking and professional. I would recommend their expertise to family members and friends.
- Haranin ConstructionWe wanted a paved patio under our deck, so we got an estimate from two local contractors. One was Haranin and we wound up going with them since they were both cheaper and seemed more professional. While they admitted that they are used to larger projects, I think that they adapted well to our needs. The job was done in two days instead of one, but we were away so it was no problem for us. After the installation we noticed a problem with the fill between our pavers and they came out to look. It was replaced with a different type of fill and he gave us a large bucket for future use. After noticing that one of the pavers was cracking, they came out to look and replaced it. He also gave us 2 additional pavers to hold in reserve
- Workman Randy Masonry ContrI like his efficiency and the quality of work. He did what he said he is going to do. Everything was cleaned up before he left.
- Greater Seattle Concrete IncOverall the team from GS construction came out and did a great job. They were timely in finishing the task.
- MT UNION LUMBER & SUPPLY INCIt went very well.......work was done in a very timely manner. Took about 3 days to complete all the work. I am very pleased with the work Dwight's crew did. My outdoor space went from drab to beautiful.....
- Workman Randy Masonry ContrI made 2 calls to this provider with a brief description of the job and the provider never returned my calls.
- MT UNION LUMBER & SUPPLY INCwent well, gave an initial good review. since last year i've had salt damage to my driveway and cannot get anyone to come and look at it. I got one phone call back and that was it.........nobody ever came to see my problems I'm very disappointed !!!!
Concrete Repair Contractors in State College
- Business Description:At Greystone Construction, each concrete contractor understands the importance of providing excellent concrete services. We know that you need concrete structures that make your investment worthwhile. We strive to always: Provide honest information on every aspect of our services Make fair recommendations based on more than 20 years of experience Offer all services for affordable prices Our hard work in these respects has earned our clients' recommendations and repeated business. We're proud ..Recent Review:Very professional and all work completed was excellent.Elaine P.
- Business Description:Barkers offers a variety of services including home renovation, roof repair, flooring, landscaping, fencing, etc. We guarantee quality work in a timely fashion within your budget. At Barkers, we take pride in our work and make it our mission to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Barkers is a quickly growing, owner operated company, that employs only the most experienced and skilled workersRecent Review:The service was excellent. He was fair and timely. I am very pleased with the outcome.Jamie L.
- Business Description:Keystone Construction Services LLC. was developed by two successful building contractors with over a combined 40+ years of experience. They have utilized their past business experiences fusing commercial and residential construction to bring one of the utmost "high quality" collaborations of contracting in the area. With our expertise and knowledge in residential and commercial services in both the public and private sectors, we are able to perform jobs from simple to complex ensuring the wor..Recent Review:Very professional and courteous im very pleased with the end result.Brenda S.
- Business Description:In 2005, Brian J. Owens founded a small excavating company. First contracting with local Clearfield builders, the company has grown over the years and expanded. We are currently serving central Pennsylvania in Centre, Clearfield, Jefferson, Blair, and Huntington Counties. We offer a wide range of excavating services including, demolitions, snow control, septic services, and much moreRecent Review:Wonderfully done work from very stand up guys. The crew is personable and works quickly. Everything that was needed was done and comes at a good cost. We are very happy with the results and would recommend anyone needing any excavation work to go with Brian. All piping looks great, and they did a lot of work in the time that they were hereFlorence W.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:For many years I was a sub-contractor for a siding installation company. Over the years I began acquiring small jobs from relationships built during that time. I recently decided to venture out on my own and launched Haldeman’s Construction. Free estimates, licensed, insured, Over 17 years experience. Member of these reputable organizations are Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce, Chambersburg Downtown Buy Local, Franklin County Landlord Association. Certifications & Licensing: Pennsylvania Atto..Recent Review:NOTHING happened, no one contacted us.gary b.
- Business Description:Full Service General Contractor. Epic provides general construction services to both commerical and residential customers. We offer in house Design/Build services utilzing Soft Plan Architectural Software/BIM. Additional address - PO Box 191, Elysburg, PA 17824Recent Review:It’s been over a year since Epic construction and Rick Steele abandoned my project and I had to complete it on my own by paying extra to have it done. They came recommended by an architect I hired to do the design for finishing a basement. Even though he was referred by the architect, right before the project was to begin he suggested we let go of the architect because he would get in the way. The architect did repeat himself a lot and meetings were long because of him and rick Steele promised to “personally” oversee the project so I don’t need the architect to do it. So we let the architect go. He also told us we didn’t need permits as we were not doing any structural changes. I believe 100% we needed permits but this was another way for him to do things subpar and get away with it. The project was supposed to take 3 month. It was 6 months into project when they left uncompleted. They were doing the bathroom tile and the tiles were not flush and it looked like the work of a 2 yr old. They agreed to reorder tiles and finish but they never did. I had to purchase the tile again, pay someone to take down old tile and redo work. They did not put hand rail in going down the stairs, no foot rails at the bar. I used 2 different wallpapers for the basement and they flip flopped them on wrong area and they had to be stripped off and ordered agin. The one wallpaper was on back order so when they left the project, I had to order the paper myself and pay someone to put it up. The bathroom door handles were installed with the lock on outside. The mural was put up in gym wrinkled. I ordered pendent lighting from a company in California and they blew them out while installing and frayed the wires so bad, not repairable and I had to pay to ship them back to be told they are not fixable and get new pendants and I hired an electrician when the left to install them. They also got rid of an outlet and covered it with wall paper. They ordered the wrong ceiling tiles and tried to convince me it was the exact one that I was holding a sample for.I showed them that this looks nothing like the sample, they said it was because the sample is smaller scale. I turned over a ceiling tile and showed them the numbers don’t match with the sample. I had to go to a local store that had the ceiling tile displayed in their showroom, borrow it from them and show epic construction that we had the wrong tiles. They said those tiles are too deep and we don’t have enough space but they spent weeks arguing with me that the ones they placed were the ones I ordered. They are crooked. They hire very young workers and I’m not sure if they are part of a votech program. we were out of town for 10 days towards end of project when our HVAC guy informed us that the architect we let go 6 months previous came over and checked out the basement while we were gone. When we asked Rick about it, he said he told him he could go. I gave rick access to my home to finish the work while were gone and not to have people come by to check it out.This project was an absolute disappointment with absolutely no deadlines met and the job was not even finished. I paid for an architect, the HVAC portion of project, the granite and still paid him over $100k for a basement project. Complete scammer. This will catch up to him even though his wife is an attorneySarah L.
- Recent Review:Fantastic job!! Very efficient, hardworking and professional. I would recommend their expertise to family members and friends. <br /> <br /> <br />Bernadette H.
- Business Description:Here at Appalachian Preservation we specialize in all things masonry! (New construction, restoration, tuck pointing) Brick, block, or concrete; cosmetic or leakage problems, Appalachian Preservation has you covered!
- Business Description:N/A
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
Find concrete contractors in
- Pine Grove Mills
- University Park
- Pennsylvania Furnace
- Port Matilda
- Centre Hall
- Warriors Mark
- Spring Mills
- Snow Shoe
- Osceola Mills
concrete contractors in State College
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Epic Construction Services LLC654 Roadarmel Lane
- Epic Construction Services LLC
- Furrow Construction1099 Troy Hawk Run Hwy
- Furrow Construction
- Keystone Construction Services, LLC525 Allegheny St
- Keystone Construction Services, LLC
- Workman Randy Masonry Contr87 Spring Run Rd
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
- Workman Randy Masonry Contr