Central Air Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2008

8849 SE Jannsen Rd

Clackamas, OR 97015

Full Service Heating and Cooling company. We offer Lennox brand heating and cooling products, Heat-N-Glo gas fireplaces, and Rinaii tankless water heater. We are a NW Natural Preferred Contratcor. We are also a Clean Energy Works of Oregon approved contractor.

01/17/2020

Alice A.

They were prompt, tidy and explained everything. They were AWESOME!

Description of Work
Installed new furnace.

03/17/2018

Andy H.

We had a series of issues with our furnace this season, all of which seemed to result in no heat and some panicked calls to Central Air. Even though I didn’t have an appointment weeks ahead, they worked hard to find a window to come help. The tech came after hours from his last appointment and was able to quickly diagnose a malfunctioning part, which was replaced immediately. We did require a follow up call which turned out to be a loose wire, and they took care of it for no charge. Really happy with the responsiveness of their team in multiple stressful situations.

Description of Work
Replace pressure switch

06/23/2017

DAVID F.

Description of Work
Furnace an air cond.

03/13/2017

James M.

Very well!

Description of Work
We purchased a new heat pump system with zoning controls and a new water heater. They installed both systems.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

02/20/2017

sandeep B.

execellent job!! as scheduled! on time. all paper work, permit dine on time.

Description of Work
Replace old furnace with new high efficient gas furnace and wifi thermostat

02/15/2017

Drew W.

Central Air came through with flying colors and now all our vents are well mounted with great airflow, our air filter is properly installed and easy to maintain, our A/C blows nice and chilly in the summertime, and they even spotted and fixed issues we didn't even know about like poorly sealed ductwork and missing insulation. Every step of the way, our point of contact Art Mays was patient, responsive, and always listened to exactly what we wanted (even willing to come out and make tweaks without complaint). Whether you have a straightforward HVAC installation need, or a complex repair, we strongly suggest you talk to Central Air when comparing bids. You won't regret it.

Description of Work
We can't recommend Central Air strongly enough. Last year we finished building our dream home and just as we were closing it became apparent that among a crew of otherwise wonderful subcontractors, our HVAC provider had really let us down on some finishing work. We ended up with a wonderful house that was hard to enjoy because the A/C was missing (in the middle of one of those record breaking heat waves) and our air filter and several vents didn't fully work. Since the drywall was all closed up and we were in a rush to move in with a baby on the way, we needed a new HVAC company that not only knew their stuff, but would be willing to crawl around the attic and utility spaces of a home already built by someone else, correcting lots of little issues here and there that involved lots of labor.

01/09/2017

Jeff G.

The installation work was well done, the heat pump works perfectly, the price was very competitive, except they might (I only suspect) have not closed the opening (crawl space) where the heat pump lines go in. A few months after, a small animal got into the crawl space and caused some significant damage to the insulation of the newly installed flexible duct system. I am still not able to figure it out to repair these damaged ducts.

Description of Work
a new heat pump installation in 2015, biannual routine check up.

12/21/2016

Barbara R.

It went fine.

Description of Work
They worked on the furnace.

11/04/2016

Jeff L.

I am very happy with the AC system Central Air Inc. Installed in my home. The two technicians that installed the AC system were very professional and knowledgeable in their trade. What I liked most is they spoke in a language I could understand and not speak to technical. They were up front on what and how they were going to install the AC system. And I haven't had one problem with the AC system since Central Air Inc. install it

Description of Work
Install AC in my home.

10/31/2016

They were very timely. They were very polite. They told me everything that was going on. They let me know if they needed to come back or something. They let me know every single step and I really appreciated that. There was a small incident that happened after they had completed it. I called them and they came right out at no charge and fixed the air. They were extremely reasonable. It wasn't like the most expensive thing I had done. They didn't gouge me or anything. They did very good work. The unit they installed is incredible. They were very punctual.

Description of Work
They installed the ductless unit into my home.

10/28/2016

They're fabulous. They're an A+. They're wonderful. I've used them for about 10 years. Their knowledge, professionalism, and courtesy are excellent.

Description of Work
They come twice a year to service my air conditioner and furnace.

10/28/2016

The best is it happened when they said it was going to happen. I don't have a worst part.

Description of Work
They did a furnace tune-up. They cleaned all the stuff and changed the filter. I had them install a furnace a year ago.

TIM W.

10/05/2016

Gloria M.

Went well they hit a little problem and wanted to come back another day to finish but when I told them I have to work they stood late to finish the job.

Description of Work
They put central air in my house

09/27/2016

Dick B.

Service tech was very professional and explained everything to us. I have always been impressed with all of the services (AC and heating) that are provided by Central Air. Top notch business!

Description of Work
Checked A/C - annual inspection

09/22/2016

Susan J.

Central Air was always on time, great service! Their representative were very knowledgable and their workers were professional and thorough. I wouldn't use anyone else!

Description of Work
We asked Central Air to advise us as to which air conditioner to use. They also found issues with the heating system in the house we had just purchased. They installed the air conditioning system and repaired the heating issues so that the house is much more comfortable and we will save substantially on our heating bills.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, your opinion matters! Thanks Again!

09/20/2016

Amanda V.

These guys are great! Very professional. Free estimate and competitive pricing. Would use again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Installed AC compressor

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Your business is appreciated and your opinion matters! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review!

07/28/2016

Blaine W.

I've learned that HVAC equipment is complicated and especially difficult in my 100 year old three level house. So, there were some issues and difficulties. The good news is that Central Air has an excellent owner, who is calm and cool and will go the extra mile to make sure the problems get fixed. Andrew, the owner, never gave up on me and my house. He went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my system was operating correctly. In life and business, there are always problems, but it is how a business responds to problems that means the most to me. Andrew will never give up, and I think that kind of dedication to his customers is what sets Central apart from most other businesses, period. I highly recommend Central because you know you can count on them over the long haul.

Description of Work
Installed a lennox heat pump and furnace.

11/27/2015

thomas R.

Description of Work
INSTALLED CENTRAL AIR LENNOX, GREAT JOB.

11/10/2015

Patricia M.

In 02/2013: 1. They bid on the job required and advised me of any issues they thought I might face. They advised me that my existing air ducts were fine to keep and did not require any work (I had had those sealed before requesting proposals). 2. Although Central was not the lowest bid, they definitely were the most complete one. I accepted them. 3. On Installation Day, they brought in a crane to lift off the AC unit from the roof and removed the interior furnace unit. 4. The new American Standard Gold units then were installed (on the roof and inside) and all entry points were sealed. 5. The system was thoroughly tested and I was advised as to best means for running it efficiently. 6. Central Air worked to provide me with the paper work needed for as many Energy refunds as possible for the work done. NOTE: BTW, my electricity bill immediately went from $300/month to less than $100. 2015 Since the installation, I have had no reason to change my mind as to the technical team's professionalism. I purchased a support plan and their technician comes out in Spring to check the AC and in Fall to check the Heat system, which they did today. Not a problem in sight. Thank you Central Air.

Description of Work
In 2013, Central Air Replaced my ancient HVAC unit with a current heat pump and air conditioning system. It has worked great ever since. Today they made their semi annual system check, a service I subscribed to, and I was reminded again how much I appreciate their professionalism and thoroughness.

02/14/2011

Brian P.

We needed yearly service done on our furnace. The tech called before coming out to let us know he was on his way, he was very nice and professional, went over everything with my wife and I on what we could do what needed to be done and what would be good ideas for the furture and energy saving. There was no pressure to buy this that or the other. We did buy a service agreement where they come out 3 times for $255.00 they tune up our whole system change the filters too. We found it to be a great value. While the tech was there he did our first tune up and installed a carbon monoxide detector and a new thermostat and programmed it for us and showed us how to adjust the setting which we have been battling with our old one snice we moved in. We would recommend them to them everyone we know.

Description of Work
The tech did a 23 point inspection and cleaning: checked & inspected our heat exchanger, cleaned & adjusted the burner assembly, checked ignition assembly, checked the blower wheel, monitor flue draft, monitor refrigerant pressure, tested starting capabilities, tested saftey controls, replaced our filters, cleaned & adjusted blower components, measured air flow, checked all of the electrical connectionsm measured volts/amps, lubericated all moving parts, adjusted and set our thermostat, cleaned evaporator coil, cleaned condenser coil, cleaned condensate coil, cleaned condensate drain, measured temperature differences in our room, adjusted gas pressure, adjust the pilot, monitor ac and heating cycles, checked carbon monoxied levels.

11/30/2010

Chris M.

I am a Realtor that recommended this company to my selling clients based on a flyer advertisement that came through my office. The technician showed up nearly an hour and half later than the time given to us by his office. He serviced the furnace and then started on the a/c unit. He suspected that the compressor was bad, but said he did not have enough time to confirm it and that another technician would have to come out. Did I mention that he was already over an hour late getting to us? A different technician came out a couple of days later and confirmed the compressor needed to be replaced and gave us a high bid, AND charged my client an additional $89 service charge for the second visit! My client should not have had to pay for two service calls because the first guy was running late and did not have time to complete the job he was paid to do. I have called their office three times and talked to two different people to discuss this matter and to get them to do the right thing by reimbursing my client for the second service charge. No one from the office is getting back to me after several weeks of waiting. It appears this is just their way of doing business.

Description of Work
Inspect and service gas funace and a/c unit.

01/21/2008

ANGIE R.

I am so tired of calling. I have called 6 times in the 2.5 weeks. The lady who answers the phone is very nice and always apologizes for him, but they never return calls.

Description of Work
We are trying to sell our home and needed some duct work installed and an A/C unit replaced. They gave us a quote on 11/25 and we've called back I don't know how many times to get the work done, and they always tell me he is in a meeting. The estimated cost was $3620.

Willamette Valley Plumbing

Residential Plumbing Services including new construction and remodels, repipes, water heater replacement, faucet replacement, and more. We are a small owner operated company out of Oregon City with over 17 years of combined experience.

D & F Plumbing Co

D & F Plumbing has an entire staff of dedicated journeyman plumbers for all your plumbing needs. Serving homeowners and business owners in Portland, OR, Vancouver, WA and all surrounding cities since 1927. We're here for you 24/7! Licensed, bonded, insured and safety-oriented. On-site diagnosis and estimates. Top quality equipment and durable brand-name parts. Call today for local plumbing advice or to schedule your service! License #CCB#465 & WA #CCDAE DFPLU 339N8 and WBE#7402

Offers by D & F Plumbing Co on Angi
    Henco Plumbing Services LLC

Henco Plumbing Services, LLC, proudly serves its customers with pride, integrity and attention to the details that matter most to you. This is one of the many things that set us apart from the rest. We are locally owned and operated. Offering financing on qualifying projects! Give us a call today! 360) 207-3755

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Custom Heating & Air Conditioning Installation, Maintenance Service & Repair, Air Cleaners & Filters, Electric & Gas Heat, Ventilation Systems, Weatherization, Energy Audits