Laminate flooring can be a little unforgiving. Repairs often turn into replacements, but the actual cost to repair laminate floors depends on the extent of the damage.
Get matched with top flooring installation in Portsmouth, OH
There are 3 highly-rated local flooring installation.
Matching on Angi
Recent Flooring Reviews in Portsmouth
- Empire General Contracting of Texas, LLCI am an out of town owner. Carlos was in contact regarding everything. He sent pictures and was always available. As with any remodeling, there were surprises and they were handeled very well and in keeping with costs in mind. When I saw the finished home, I just said "wow". A beautiful job!! Very responsive company. The few follow up issues have been handled in a timely manner. And did I mention that my condo was cleaned post construction to move in condition
- White's Repair and RemodelIt was great. We were very pleased. The work went quicker than we thought and we liked the whole crew. We've had several people ask who did the work and we gladly tell them. We've already got estimates going with them for some other work.
- BAILEY FLOOR COMPANY, LLCThe provider was punctual from the initial meeting until the project was finished. Pricing was competative with similar vendors. The provider communicated through all phases of the scheduled work. The finished product exceeded all expectations. Absolutely gorgeous floor finish when the work was completed. No camparison to laminate or vinyl products. Cannot say enough good things about the provider's attitude and quailty workmanship. Intend to hire for future projects
- BAILEY FLOOR COMPANY, LLCi took the carpet up and disposed of it before they came in to work, less expensive this way...they also put the quarter round down for me...love their work, estimates lower than others i had called as well...
- Huntington Floor SandingThey finished the whole house in about 2 days. They were very punctual and professional. A real good group of hardworking guys. The floor looked great after they had finished. I wouldn't hesitate to hire Huntington Floor Sanding again if the need arises.
- BAILEY FLOOR COMPANY, LLCThe work took 4 times longer than was originally told in the estimate. Very inconvenient when you live in a 2 story home. Some days we would take days off work to be home and they would show up and work 1 hour and leave to go to another job. Finished product was nice in places and sloppy in others. Workers wasn't very receiving to what we wanted them to do. Watch them very closely, don't let them out of your sight
- QUALITY FLOOR COVERINGThey have recently done three jobs for us. Two of the jobs were done well. One was laying vinyl tile. The tile had a 3/8" gap to the trim in some places and five tiles were dented. When inspecting the room before it was laid, they told me that if there was a gap, they would fix it. I assumed that was included in price. Not so, they wanted to charge both for material and labor. It would have only taken about 15 minutes to take the baseboard off and do the job right. One carpet started losing fiber right away and continued for a year. They said they knew about that problem but didn't bother to tell us. The last job was installing porcelain tile. The installation was done well but tile has started to look like there are cracks in it
- QUALITY FLOOR COVERINGI would not recommend them. They worked with us and all, but the job itself was very poor service. The quality of the work wasn't good. I think when we had this problem, we called and it was very difficult getting someone to call us back. It is not something I would want anyone to go through so I would not recommend them for that reason. There are a couple of places that really look badly and, even when we had the owner of the store come out and look at it, he was just, like, "sorry about that." I think it was just his suggestions that probably made it worse; it was the attitude. As far as the flooring itself that we picked out, I loved that. It was just the quality of the workmanship. It was ordered specially and we had to wait for it to come in. Even then, when we would call after they gave us a date but when we would call they would tell is it was not there yet. The flooring was holding us up from doing other things. Before we could set it up it had to be coordinated with our kitchen renovator. They were just hard to work with
- BAILEY FLOOR COMPANY, LLCHardwood floors and walls were done well - we were happy with them. The kitchen remodel was a nightmare. We paid $5000.. before job was started. Some of the custom cabinets didn't fit and they asked us to split the cost of having them redone! They kept asking for more money every few days - we had to get our own countertop even though the contract said they would supply the quartz countertop. They did allow us $2900 for it, but it cost $3300. The job was contracted in April of this year and on September 27, the owner's daughter came to our house and asked for money even though the job wasn't completed. We agreed on a price for what they did and we paid them. The worse part was that these people even damaged our newly refinished floors! They said they would repair them, but didn't. By the way they only work a couple hours a day, but not every day. They don't work on Saturday or Sunday either. We wish we had never hired these people
Flooring Contractors in Portsmouth
- Business Description:United Structural Systems is a family-owned business specializing in foundation repair, wall realignment, and waterproofing systems. We are constantly researching new and innovative ways to service our customers. Additional phone numbers - (304) 346-7777, (513) 561-0300. Additional fax - (513) 561-030. Additional DBA - Perma Jack - United Structural SystemsRecent Review:My first encounter with United Structural Systems company ( USS) was last year, when I had to face the decision which company I go for foundation repair at my house in West Virginia. It was equal bids on my project from two companies USS and Alltek. Unfortunately for me, I made the decision to go with Alltek Environmental Services company at that time. Foundation repair was finished in August 2019 by Alltek (please read my review, that I placed separately for Alltek). 48,000 dollars payment later foundation been done. I finally be able to place my house for sale this year and come to realization, after inspection is done on the house, that it is a presence of water leak in the storage area. I could not believe, how it is possible, when the foundation repair was just done 8 months ago. I guess, things were not done properly after all. After numerous attempts to contact Alltek company, I finally be able to get the response with another promise to “fix it” in the amount of $9,200 or later for free…if I take off my review of their company from homeadvisor.com. Lack of professionalism, poor craftsmanship and PR was major disappointment for me. To be honest, after I been treating inferiorly by Alltek, I did not have any desire to go back to the same company. I was looking for second opinion how to resolve these issues. I decided to reach out again United Structural (who I was hoped to remember me from last year) and explain my dilemma. Bobby K. (Sales Manager for USS) come to the rescue! He was willing to give me his unbiased opinion on the situation. Bobby K, “commander in charge”, went to the house and informed me, that “downspout lines were never installed, the part on top of the ground went nowhere and tie back patch was poor quality”. Simply put it, Alltek did a mediocre job. I immediately made the decision go ahead and proceed with United Structural Systems company for repair of the mistakes. I cannot say enough praise for the USS company and manager Bobby K. This re-du project was done in timely matter, communication was superior ( needless to say I live out of state and it was never an issue), area after the job was clean up to perfection and…the garage/storage area now look dry bone and beautiful. Awhhhh... maybe I should not sell my house after all?! I have a buyer on the house, and I am closing in 2 weeks and can say with all honesty, I could not do that without United Structural help. It was exceedingly difficult situation for me, and it was resolved by USS company with flying colors. Thank you again USS. I recommend you without any hesitation!!! Your company should be proud of to provide such an excellent service and have knowledgeable, competent and skillful experts. Lana Y, Rochester, NY “We are NY toughLana Y.
- Business Description:Construction company and consulting engineering firm for residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail clients.Recent Review:Really well. Everything was done that was agreed on. Josh and his his crew showed up on time, stayed in touch when waiting for materials, and stayed in touch after the job was completed.Jason J.
- Business Description:Roofing, small additions, home repairs, painting & plumbingRecent Review:Did a great job, sooner than expected and faster than expected, at a fair price. No complaints from meWilliam K.
- Business Description:Since 1987 The Basement Doctor has been providing expert wet basement waterproofing, foundation repair, crawl space vapor barrier, basement finishing, and mold and spray foam insulation services. We give free inspections and detailed written estimates to homeowners in the Columbus and central Ohio area. Our solutions have expanded to include back-up standby electrical generators. Selecting the right contractor to let into your home is a very important decision. The Basement Doctor respects ..Recent Review:NOBODY ever came to assess our area to give us a quote. I called Basement Doctor Thursday, July 30. This was my first contact with them. Around 5p Jesse, called. He inquired about location of egress, our address, & our availability to meet with him. He also said that he needs to check with the auditors office. That threw a red flag. Nobody requested that. We’re homeowners. At 5:05 I texted Jesse a few pictures of the interior & exterior of the interested egress location. 9:27 that evening, Jesse texted: You have plenty enough room for egress window sorry I just got out of the appointment about 30 minutes ago we will get you on the schedule and I can come take a look at it :) I texted back, “ no problem, thanks” (Jesse didn’t read my text until Mon, Aug 3...4 days later). Mon, Aug 3 @ 11:00a Jesse texted: I have not forgotten about you lol Well, it’s now Sun, Aug 30. One day shy of four weeks! POOR business representative. Maybe something happened but someone else should’ve followed up. We WILL NOT be using Basement Doctor. Really disappointedBecky S.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:Miller Remodeling and Painting is a painting contractor / painter serving the Stanford, KY area since 1999. Services include Painting, Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, House Painting, Commercial Painting, Cabinet Refinishing, Ceiling Painting, Drywall Repair, Deck Staining, Epoxy Coatings, Garage Floor Painting, Roof Painting, Floor Refinishing, Tile Flooring and Siding. Serving towns of Lexington, Richmond, Somerset, Nicholasville, Georgetown, Da..
- Business Description:Owner Operator. 3 employees. Uses subcontractors. Cost determined by job. No travel charges within service area.Recent Review:I sent a quote request through Angie's List one day and received a call and visit from Larry and Tim the very next day. Communication was excellent. They kept me informed on what I needed to do and when and and what they would be doing. I've never had a contractor keep in touch like this. They were very professional and honest about everything. All told, between old tile removal, installing new underlayment, and tile installation, the job took about 6 days. I had no problem leaving them here alone while some of the work was being completed. They were very accommodating about working around our schedule and very courteous at all times. Our floor looks absolutely fantastic! I plan on using Breakaway Installations to put in our tile backsplash and would not hesitate to recommend them to others. In fact, I already have! <br /Martha W.
- Business Description:we provide new construction and remodeling services to northwest ohio and northeast indiana. all information is available at www.twinriver.biz
- Business Description:Since 1993, Crabtree's Carpet has been a premier retailer of carpet, luxury vinyl, hardwood, tile, and remnants in Southern Ohio. Specializing in personalized design consultations, prompt installations, and repair work
- Business Description:We are handyman service anywhere from drywall, painting,hanging lights,exercise equipment assembly, plumbing, staining, building decks, hanging Christmas decor, and much more we work hard with costumer to give them the best pricing on the market....
Explore our Solution Center for helpful flooring contractor articles
This article explores the benefits of hiring a tile contractor to install tile for a bathroom remodel. Here’s what you need to know to find the right pro for your project.
When your laminate floor suffers water damage, you don’t need to install new flooring. You can’t repair damaged planks, but you can individually replace them.
Find flooring installation in
flooring installation in Portsmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- GREAT AMERICAN HOME & FLOOR2040 GREENUP AVE
- GREAT AMERICAN HOME & FLOOR
- Miller Remodeling & Painting703 Lancaster St
- Miller Remodeling & Painting
- Powerhouse Plumbing & Contracting575 Swift Creek Rd
- Powerhouse Plumbing & Contracting
- Re-deck of northwest ohio3660 County Road 10
- Re-deck of northwest ohio
- The Basement Doctor7369 E Livingston Ave
- The Basement Guys1633 Thornwood Dr
- The House Doctor136 5th St NE
- Tri State Enterprise1305 Argillite Rd
- Tri-State Floor Sanding LLC6019 Hubbards Branch Rd
Huntington, West Virginia
- twinrivers construction7219 cr 424
- The Basement Doctor
- United Structural Systems Ltd Inc723 Chenault Bridge Rd
- United Structural Systems Ltd Inc