Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Norwalk, OH
There are 4 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Norwalk
- Shore's Edge CarpentryAfter failing to find a reliable carpenter we decided to try searching on craigslist. We replied to an ad that Dan had placed on that site. He was quick to reply to our initial email. He was extremely professional & answered all of our questions immediately. We scheduled an appointment for him to come and give us an estimate. We found Dan to be qualified, professional, polite & affordable. Dan is very reliable, honest & does an amazing job! We could not be happier with the work that he has done for us so far. He finished this project today & we are already talking to him about more work we are hoping to do in the near future. We highly recommend Shore's Edge Carpentry to anyone who is looking for high quality work &reasonable rates by a very qualified, polite and honest company
- Davis Prof, Home Maint, repairs, and InstalationHe came over and looked at what I wanted done said ok and said he would call me the following week. A week went by and I did't hear from him so I called him again. He said he had lost my number but he had it now and would call me the first of the following week. He never called so I found someone else
Contractors in Norwalk
- Business Description:T & R Home Repair Plus has over 25 years experience in the home repair, renovation and electrical services industry. We serve Lorain County & the surrounding areas ( Within 50 Miles of Lorain County) We offer a wide variety of services to fit the needs of every home ownerRecent Review:Great response time Very professional Great pricing Will hire againRebecca N.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Prior to founding Radiant Windows in 2001, my wife and I traveled around the country and different parts of the world designing windows, equipment, and factories for the window industry. We know windows. We are truly experts when it comes to helping people to make the right choices when deciding to purchase new windows and doors and all the little details that go with them and within their budgetRecent Review:I am very satisfied with all the works that they did, everything was done very well. They were professional and on time.michael b.
- Business Description:Our most important goal is customer satisfaction. We understand that its not just another project on another house... it's Your Project on Your HOME. We strive to provide every customer with the best service and most enjoyable project experienceRecent Review:The first rep spent two hours at the house, did a long presentation touting ethical values (with biblical quotes no less) of the company and their guarantees and concern for the customer, gave a verbal estimate with a promise of a written one next day as it was almost ready. I called him a week later, he was working for a different company already and told me to call reception to get to a different rep. That rep called me after a week, did not know what the agreement had been. Pulled something out of a hat without knowing anything about the property other than the scetchy notes he had on the computer. No apologies, no concern about misunderstanding and lack of information. Just sent me an estimate for skylight only which was higher than what I got before from the first rep. So much for integrityVladimir L.
- Business Description:Showroom Locations; AKRON, OH 2965 West Market St, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *BEDFORD HEIGHTS, OH 26150 Richmond Rd, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *CANFIELD, OH 4010 Boardman Canfield Rd, M-Sat By Appointment Sun Closed *CANTON, OH 4603 Everhard Rd Northwest, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *COLUMBUS, OH 9009 Gemini Pkwy, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 9 AM - 1 PM Sun Closed *Mentor, Oh 8020 Broadmoor Rd, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *WESTLAKE, ..Recent Review:We started the process of getting pricing from 3 different contractors for a patio door replacement back in February 2021. The first contractor never came on site, but had prepared a quote for us the prior year and just used the information from that to give us pricing. The 2nd contractor insisted that both my wife and I be present and was able to come out on a Saturday when we were both home. They were very high pressure and their price was nearly double the 1st contractor and they expected us to sign on the dotted line right then and there. The third contractor was from Pella Window and Door, dba Gunton. There was some difficulty getting an appointment at first - I had made a change and the appointment got lost somehow. I was finally able to get a rep to show up named Dave. Dave spent a significant amount of time here getting measurements and going over options - colors, hardware, and custom stain matching. After consulting with my wife, Dave came back out to finalize the contract and gave us an install date that was about 3 months out - June 4th. I'm assuming this long lead time had more to do with COVID and the supply chain disruption that is going on. The custom stain matching is pretty involved. The door is in our kitchen, so we want to have the trim match the kitchen cabinets. Initially, the plan was for me to take a cabinet door to Sherwin Williams for them to match the stain and then report to Gunton the details for them to purchase the stain. That strategy didn't end up working because Sherwin Williams required a purchase from me. I made some attempts to get a hold of Dave to get this stain matching procedure started and was not getting any response until late April. Dave came out and retrieved the cabinet door, which had to be shipped to the main office in Cleveland to perform the stain matching. About a week later, we received samples of the trim stained with our custom stain through the mail and it matched perfectly. We were given a mailer to send our approved sample back, which was sent back the next business day, but it seemed to take a very long time to reach them. In the meantime, I wanted to get our cabinet face back from Cleveland. This was sent back in a truck and given to our sales rep Dave who held on to it until the day before our installation, when he hand delivered it to us. A few days before our installation was scheduled to take place, I received a call from Jill, who is a project coordinator in their Cleveland office, to let us know the door manufacture was delayed and it would not be ready on the scheduled installation date. It was projected to be ready by June 8. On June 11, I received a call from Jill stating our door was ready and could they install it on June 12 - a Saturday. This worked out well. The install date arrived, which ended up being a beautiful sunny day (thankfully). A crew of three lead by Badirque worked hard and long and did absolutely excellent quality work on the installation. However, Badirque let me know that the top and bottom strike plates for the door that remains in place were not provided and that I should contact my sales rep. I had one e-mail and one call to my sales rep Dave about this issue and never received a response to either of those. Project coordinator Jill took my call yesterday and is investigating getting this resolved. In Dave's defense, he and his wife had a newborn in this timeframe, so that could explain (at least partially) his poor responsiveness to me over this timeRoger D.
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:we provide new construction and remodeling services to northwest ohio and northeast indiana. all information is available at www.twinriver.biz
- Business Description:We are a full service handyman service for your home or business. We also offer snow and ice removal service.
- Business Description:We are a general contracting team of three employees, that pride ourselves in quality of work and efficient timing. we are always willing to work with customers when dealing with subcontractors, whether they have a sub they like to use or would like suggestions on one. we can come up with a full bid and estimate on a job
- Business Description:We are a well respected company in Crawford county,OH. We provide free estimates and competitive pricing. All our work is guaranteed to meet or exceed customers expectations.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Berlin Heights
- North Fairfield
- Bay View
- New London
- South Amherst
general contractors in Norwalk
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Integrity Home Exteriors2852 South Ave
- Integrity Home Exteriors
- J&J Contracting330 Water St
- J&J Contracting
- KELLER CONTRACTORS LLC2005 Caldwell St
- KELLER CONTRACTORS LLC
- Lakeshore Excavating, LLCPO Box 46049
Middle Bass, Ohio
- Lakeshore Excavating, LLC
- MY ROOF115 dexter
- MY ROOF
- Pella Windows And Doors26150 Richmond Rd
- Pella Windows And Doors
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio
- Quality Decks LLC
- Radiant Windows LLC101 N Benton St
Oak HARBOR, Ohio
- Radiant Windows LLC
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Shore's Edge Carpentry6663 State Route 412
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- twinrivers construction7219 cr 424
- twinrivers construction
- Wade Construction319 N Pearl St
- Wade Construction