Crawl space encapsulation can reduce your energy consumption and prevent a wealth of costly issues, but is it necessary? Depends on what’s hiding under your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Cortland, OH
There are 13 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Cortland
- Ohio Basement SystemsBasement waterproofing. The crew they sent me was very courteous, and friendly. They did a great job and the price was right. I would highly recommend this company.
- Ohio Basement SystemsBasement waterproofing , Will be done within the next week. It will be guaranteed for life time of the house,. I am totally at ease over this project..
- Ohio Basement SystemsExtremely pleased with the entire process, the crew was on time, kept me informed, kept the mess confined, and cleaned up perfectly. Started and finished exactly when they said. Finished concrete is smooth and the results look great.
- Ohio Basement Systemsvery pleased, answered any questions,kept us updated on progress. Would recommend to anyone needing this service
- Ohio Basement SystemsINFORMATIVE, NO SCARE TACTICS USED, NO HIGH PRESSURE EVEN WITH SECOND APPOINTMENT. WOULD HAVE LIKED BEST PRICE UP FRONT THOUGH. PRODUCT LOOKS PROMISING. IS THE MIDDLE COST OF THE THREE QUOTES WE RECEIVED. LIFETIME WARRANTY DOES NOT COST EXTRA.
- Ohio Basement SystemsWe'd just recently moved into our home, and right off the bat our basement flooded several times. We contacted a few companies to see what our options were, and got varying results. Ohio Basement Systems sent out a consultant to take a look at our issues, and they recommended an interior WaterGuard solution along the crawl space and the basement. We decided to go with them. Even though the solution was expensive, avoiding a moldy basement that could have a negative impact on our 2 year old daughter's (and our entire family's) health was worth it to us. Once the install crew arrived, they began their work and the foreman noticed that the source of flooding had come from an additional location that was not picked up during the initial visit. Obviously, knowing this was a very expensive solution to install and was a very significant investment for a family who had just moved, I contacted the office to discuss it, and the folks at Ohio Basement Systems ended up sending out a crew to fix this additional issue at no charge so that we didn't need to worry about future flooding. They kept in touch with me the entire time to make sure this additional work was performed timely and done to our expectations. I've dealt with a lot of companies since moving in, and I appreciated them standing by their work and doing everything they could to make sure we had nothing to worry about. This is what differentiates a company from a great company. Our move has been a stressful one, but the effort put forth by Ohio Basement Systems to take care of our water issues has put our minds at ease where our basement is concerned. It's tough to find people these days who will do a good job and stand by their work, but if you're looking for a company that will, my experience with Ohio Basement Systems says they will. Thank you guys
- Ohio Basement Systemsvery good!! was pleased with them in general, just a few little things disappointed me. I feel that for the amount of money spent, they should have to put everything back together when they are finished. they took off the closet doors, baseboards and did not re-connect my air conditioner unit when done with the foundation therefore, i am going to have to spend more money to get a repairman out to reconnect it. disappointed in that. also I was told they would be back in the spring to repair the yard, this is only March so we will see if they honor this or not.. Overall I was pleased with the work they did
- Ohio Basement SystemsFrom start to finish, the Tomorrow Home Solutions team demonstrated professionalism, a desire to meet our needs, a high level of skill in completing all elements of the job. The sales representative came to our home two times to provide information about the services to be provided and related costs as well as to answer our many questions. The information John provided was clear, factual, and thorough. When the service team arrived, they introduced themselves and reviewed the work to be done. At all times, the team demonstrated the greatest respect for my wife and me, for our personal property, and for one another. They gladly answered the many questions we asked and took the time to insure that we understood what they were doing and why. Despite the fact that much of the work involved heavy labor, the service team members remained cheerful and stayed on task to insure the timely completion of the job. We were especially impressed with the quality of all work completed and the willingness of team members to go "above and beyond" expectations to insure that my wife and I would be pleased with the final product. The job went smoothly and was completed within the three-day window previously identified. We are very pleased with the work completed by the Tomorrow Home Solutions team
- The Basement Guys - ClevelandEverything went as explained and expected. Baxter was extremely hardworking, polite and knowledgeable. Last day he was here and working alone he did the work of 3 guys and never complained and completed the job to our satisfaction.
- Adelios Contracting CoAdelios crew cleaned up the pipe under the driveway & added a trap to give easy access to the pipe where tree roots like to grow They replaced the crushed pipe in the front yard, and added a second discharge pipe from the second sump pump. It was muddy, difficult work. They have top notch diagnostic technology & a professional, courteous crew who fixed everything. We have a great respect for the work they do
Basement Waterproofers in Cortland
- Business Description:Ohio Basement Systems, founded in 1999, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Ohio Basement Systems is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and Home Builders Association of Greater Cleveland. They devote years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect th..Recent Review:Steven, Earl and Brian did our repair today. Great service. Efficient and professional. Thanks for a job well done!Wallace L.
- Business Description:Basement Care has over 40 years of experience in the waterproofing business. We are locally owned and operated, fully insured, licensed, and bonded. Our reputation is among the best in the basement waterproofing industry. Our employees are fully covered under Ohio Worker’s Compensation for your protection. We supply every prospective customer with as many references as needed to ensure the best possible decision about our company and workmanship. FREE Inspections and FREE estimatesRecent Review:These are facts: The problem: Hired to move water from walls and floor to a sub pump to be pushed out side per their recommendation because of a leaky Basement. The fact:, upon completion, one plastic pipe, connected with a ferncoe was leaking after their work was complete and they left the job They came back to fix it and did,but said everything was fine..this from their "managing - inspector". We questioned many things to all questions the answer was it is correct. So we hired an inspector because it was leaking from the wall where they attached the sub pump pipe; and the pump is working regardless if its even wet outside. Now from an inspector: INTERFERENCE- Upon inspection and removing the lid, the pump float was restricted. Once the pump was moved it activated and the primary pump continued running even after the water was gone. This was due to the small amount of room in the well causing the pump float to hit the sidewall and not drop down according with the lowered water level. The Inspector moved the pump unit over, however the orientation of the float needs to be corrected (turned) so it is away from the lipped sidewall to prevent reoccurrence, 2. PUMP AND WIRES INTERFERENCE- The secondary pump is piped with same diameter piping but the movement between the pumps/piping can also restrict the float fall zone if pump is not orientated with float away from pit sidewall. The pump wires should be zip tied to the pipe as they also fell into the area of the float and could also prevent float on/ off operation. This pit is small for the size pumps used so orientation and interference of wiring needs to be correct to prevent failure of activation or deactivation. 3. Both pumps should have a check valve be installed in line to prevent pump cycling that could prematurely burn out pump motor. Install two 1.5” check valves in the piping. 4. PIPING LEAK - The piping was leaking out of the cinder block wall at the point of drain penetration. The piping was moving at the interior, but fixed (non movable) at the exterior. This means that the pipe is either cracked or was not glued somewhere within the wall cavity. Break out the cement around the pipe and re-pipe and reglue as required. 5. COVER/LID INTERFERENCE- When trying to install this chopped/cut up cover it causes the pumps (due to piping interference) to move around which recreates the issue in #1 by moving the pump float against the wall. A new lid and proper orientation (away from the sidewalls) needs to be completed. A better piping configuration for this pit due to its size would be to use a inverted wye as shown here, thereby eliminating pumps being pushed together when installing the lid. 6. HOLE MISSING- A 1/8” hole needs to be drilled in the secondary pump line to reduce pressure and prevent pump from becoming air bound and eventually seizing. They canceled last week because of a team sickness and also agian this week. So the weeks pass by, no one comes and they have asked now to reschedule a third time.I asked to be copied on the E-mail asking for a manger to call me to talk about this issue. I was told the owner is on vacation and that the only person I can speak to is sick. So I guess as the water keeps leaking, and the pump keeps running, they consider it not urgent enough t0 handle this situation. In my experience, any owner worth anything woudl want to knw about such a travesty in service, but according to the company. the owner is on vacation and not to be disturbed and anyone that could help will get back to us within 48 hoursTim T.
- Business Description:Super Service Award-winning company on Angie! The Basement Guys® of Cleveland is Northeast Ohio's exclusive installer of patented, trusted, and proven basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, basement finishing, foundation, and concrete repair. Our trained and experienced servicemen have the answers to your home's exact problems. We've helped hundreds of Ohio homeowners remodel their basement or repair sinking foundations. We know our waterproofing, encapsulation, basement finishing, and..Recent Review:Kyle and two other gentlemen from Basement Guys of Cleveland did a very professional and satisfactory job in late August 2021. They installed Bright Wall, dug trenches in my basement floor, installed a Sedona dehumidifier along with a sump pump, and otherwise waterproofed my entire basement. I also greatly appreciated that they left my dryer vent better than it was originally and cleaned up after themselves inside and outside. I am very pleased overall with a livable and usable basement in my older home. Thanks much for all your hard work, Kyle and other gentlemenTHERESA M.
- Business Description:We service NE Ohio and NW Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh Pa, Cleveland Oh, Canton Oh, East Liverpool Oh, Erie Pa, Titusville Pa, Butler Pa, and all cities in between. Basement waterproofing with inside and or outside systems. Foundation repair, bowed, cracked walls, reinforcement and replacement (if needed). Basement Mold and air quality. Guardian’s normal Basement Waterproofing crew would consist of 3 to 6 men. We do drug testing and a back ground search and verify 1 million dollars property ins..Recent Review:Excellent. Great work crew - the crew were all very knowledgeable and skilled in their field, and they all worked hard and did great work. The guys were all very nice and did whatever was possible to keep the dust to a minimum. The work completed changed our entire space in the basement - no more damp odors and everything is working great. Steve explained everything well and we couldn't be happier with Guardian. I would highly recommend Guardian. Thanks guys!HEATHER S.
- Business Description:Total Foundation Solutions is an expert foundation contracting company, servicing Edinboro, Erie, Warren, and the surrounding areas. We specialize in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, foundation replacement, wall repair, concrete leveling, and more. Founded in 2018, Total Foundation Solutions opened with the mission to assist local homeowners with seamless wall repair and provide superior foundation services. We also install trench breakers, push and slab piers, deck piers, and helic..Recent Review:Our home was built in 2014, and within 3 years, the stone-clad chimney was pulling away from the main wall of the house. The concrete slab under the chimney chase was too small to support the weight of the chimney. The thought of removing the stone, rebuilding the chimney chase and repouring the slab foundation was a bit overwhelming. We did some research on helical piers, and thankfully came across Total Foundation Solutions. Brian was extremely knowledgeable, professional and easy to communicate with. The work they did was amazing. I would give this company the highest rating, and would hire them again, if necessary.Tina F.
- Business Description:Construction company and consulting engineering firm for residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail clients.Recent Review:Really well. Everything was done that was agreed on. Josh and his his crew showed up on time, stayed in touch when waiting for materials, and stayed in touch after the job was completed.Jason J.
- Business Description:Proposal's always have detailed written services included.If materials cost dictate ,an advance my be deemed: naturally being stated on the proposal.Any services that my take multi -week completions may require payment installments as that customer has exclusive attention also to be reviewed upon proposal agreements.Business Owner aboard on ALL JOBS 100
- Business Description:Barkers offers a variety of services including home renovation, roof repair, flooring, landscaping, fencing, etc. We guarantee quality work in a timely fashion within your budget. At Barkers, we take pride in our work and make it our mission to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Barkers is a quickly growing, owner operated company, that employs only the most experienced and skilled workersRecent Review:The service was excellent. He was fair and timely. I am very pleased with the outcome.Jamie L.
- Business Description:We have been in business for over a decade and offer a lifetime guarantee on labor. We accept all major forms of payment but not until the job is completed and customer is satisfied!Recent Review:Best price by over 10,000!!! Basement is dry now. They delivered what they promised and more. Money well spent!Steve B.
- Business Description:At R.E.S. Construction, our goal is to not only help you design and build your dream home, but to make the process easy and enjoyable for you. We can budget your new home or remodel project to meet your exact financial needs. We can help with your selection of the perfect building lot. You'll find us competitively priced, well-organized, and quick to completion on your new commercial building or remodel or build-out. We are a full-service design/build company with a wide range of experience...Recent Review:They pay attention to details, All around excellent construction company and excellent cleanup.Joe C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Whether you live in a flood-prone area or are someone who likes to have a plan, this checklist can help you get your home and community ready for a water-related emergency.
If you notice water pooling in your basement, even though your sump pump seems fine, use our guide to help you find the source of your flooding.
Find waterproofing contractors in
waterproofing contractors in Cortland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 4Halos Plumbing Company Ltd7061 New Rd
- 4Halos Plumbing Company Ltd
- A.M.I. CONTRACTINGP.O. Box 156 Columnbiana rd
New Springfield, Ohio
- AB Drain and Construction LLC3943 Hopkins Road
- Affordable Waterproofing SolutionsPO 938
- AKR Design & Restoration40 Iroquois St.
- America's Basement Contractor461 Second St
- AUTUMN AIR HEATING & COOLING1740 E Midlothian Blvd
- A.M.I. CONTRACTING
- BARNETTS BEST FOR LESS PAINTP.O. Box 80074
- Basement Care1700 E Waterloo Road
- Basement Solutions of Ohio3189 Union Ave SE PO box 209
- Best Waterproofing104 N Bon Air Ave
- Betts Structural Engineering LLC304 Long St
- Bowie enterprises
- BARNETTS BEST FOR LESS PAINT
- Callow Basement Waterproofing1115 Olive St.
- Callow Basement Waterproofing
- DANTAM HOME IMPROVEMENT70 SPRING ST.
- Design Within Reach755 West North Ave
- Dmk Construction3996 Aleesa Dr
- Doneright.inc6511 Sunderland Dr 1325 25th St NW
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- DP concrete & construction43840 Bell Rd
- DANTAM HOME IMPROVEMENT
- Lou Carbone Plumbing Heating & Cooling1414 Niles Cortland Rd
- Lou Carbone Plumbing Heating & Cooling
- Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services7250 Big Beaver Blvd .
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
- MJM masonry LLC3965 McCarty dr
- Mold Men of Pittsburgh938 Constitution Blvd
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
- Monarch Construction Inc.2705 Morning Star Ct
Willoughby Hills, Ohio
- MRD Inc5035 east calla rd
New Middletown, Ohio
- Muir Masonry189 Hadley Rd
- Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services
- NEO-Waterproofing1713 East 51st Street Unit B
- Ohio Basement Systems7950 Bavaria Rd
- Ohio Basement Systems
- Palumbo Concrete & Waterproofing7398 S Chestnut Commons Dr
- Palumbo Concrete & Waterproofing
- Usawaterproofing1632 Enterprise Pkwy
- Youngstown Roofing & Waterproofing227 N State st
- Youngstown Roofing & Waterproofing