Installing a new fence can improve the appearance of your yard in addition to offering privacy. Homeowners, though, may be surprised by the hidden costs.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Cortland, OH
There are 7 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Cortland
- Tab Property Enhancement LLCWe recently decided to have a new gazebo and deck added to the back of our house. We also wanted to replace our old unsightly wood fence with new vinyl fencing. We started our search for contractors through Angie?s List and had 2 estimates provided. TAB Property Enhancement was not the lowest cost. However, Trace?s proposal was the most comprehensive with the highest quality materials. We were also impressed with the design and the 3D graphics that Trace provided to help us visualize the project. From the initial consultation through completion of the job, Trace answered all of our questions and personally kept us fully informed throughout every step of the project. Trace estimated the job would take 7-8 days. His motto is that he is not leaving until the customer is 100% satisfied. On the 8th day, we were 100% satisfied and the job was complete. The crew was courteous, hard-working, and very professional. They were meticulous in constructing our beautiful gazebo, deck, and fence. We are so happy with the design and the workmanship!! We cannot praise Trace and his crew enough. We highly recommend them and will call on Trace again in the future, if we decide to have any additional work done. Thanks to Trace and his crew for a job well done. It is so nice to sit in our screened gazebo and enjoy the outdoors without any bugs. We also love having a completely maintenance free deck that will never cause a splinter. We look forward to enjoying our outdoor living space for many years to come
- Pet Fence UnleashedKyle was amazing from the start. First I had him remove a pet fence that I had installed a few years prior that proved to be more of a pain than a help to me. We discuss multiple options and In the end, we had him install a whole new setup and it’s WAY better than the “more popular” brand and not to mention at a fraction of the cost of the original setup. Only bad thing is I wish I had found Kyle sooner!! Awesome people, awesome interaction, and even better pricing!! Look no further you’ll love every aspect and your pup(s) will thank you for the freedom too! Our dogs have never been happier...THANKS KYLE!
- Makis Home Improvement LLCIt went very well. At the end of the job, I noticed that the hinges were on the outside of the fence. When I told him I wanted the hinges on the inside of the fence, he was very professional, he didn't get angry, and he changed it the way I wanted it. I would have no problem hiring this company again! Thank you. John
- Gabriels FenceJoe came out to the house and gave us an estimate of the fencing. He also gave us valuable suggestions regarding which fence would work the best for our needs. We called him back and told him we wanted him to install our fence. Joe gave us an approximate date and then called us with the exact date, which was very close to his estimate date. His workers came to the house and dug the holes, installed the fence posts and were back the next day (allowing 24 hrs. for the concrete to dry completely) and finished the fence. His workers were very professional and worked very hard so they could finish our fence on the same day. Joe came to our house several times during the installation to check on the work that was done. I can't tell you how many compliments we get on our new fence. It is beautiful and we absolutely love it. No one can believe how reasonable our fence was. We have already given his name to some friends who may be interested in fencing
- Customized Viny Fence & Deck Salesthey did a great job with installation. Minimum mess, and they cleaned up everything. Very helpful in the design of the fence, and my needs for various size gates. The workers even trimmed a bush that was in the way of the fence location. Both owners showed up on site to check on the work. I'm very pleased with the results
- Gabriels FenceHis company was in and out with the final product being eyed by many of the neighbors. One of the these neighbors had Gabriel's Fence come out and put up a new fence to contain his dogs around his entire backyard.
- Gabriels FenceThe owner came out promptly gave me an estimate, it was very reasonable. He was very respectful and nice. The crew that came out were professional, fence looks great. I would recommend him to other people and have.
- Gabriels FenceThey did an outstanding job. They had the whole fence installed in just 3 days and they did a great job with cleaning up too. I would recommend them to anybody.
- Gabriels FenceExcellent service. Definitely recommend Joe Gabriel and his staff. Professional,prompt, affordable service.
- Gabriels FenceJoe, and his crew, were prompt, professional, efficient and great to work with. His estimate came in hundreds to thousands lower than other neighboring fence companies and the job was completed much quicker. Overall I was very satisfied and would recommend him for any type of fence installation.
Last update on October 8, 2020
Fence Contractors in Cortland, OH
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
Are you a classic picket fence family or looking for a bit more privacy? From style to material, this guide helps you choose the best type of wood fencing for your home.
Between wood, composite, metal, and vinyl, learn about the different types of fences. Weigh the pros and cons of each to find the best fence type for your yard.
Find fence companies in
- North Bloomfield,
- West Farmington,
- Mineral Ridge,
- Newton Falls
Fence Companies in Cortland, OH
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Alvaro Contracting LLC26 Kroeck Ave
Youngstown, Ohio 44515
- Alvaro Contracting LLC
- BI-RITE HOME IMPROVEMENT CO214-D Churchill Hubbard Road
Youngstown, Ohio 44505
- BI-RITE HOME IMPROVEMENT CO
- ESTHERLEE FENCE CO INC11329 SOUTH AVE
North Lima, Ohio 44452
- ESTHERLEE FENCE CO INC
- KB Contracting1248 ST RT 551
Enon Valley, Pennsylvania 16120
- KB Contracting
- M&H Construction Services LLC3521 Main St
Mineral Ridge, Ohio 44440
- Makis Home Improvement LLC2260 E Arms Dr
Hubbard, Ohio 44425
- Maz Contracting128 S Shadylane Dr
East Liverpool, Ohio 43920
- Mr. Level Concrete Leveling35954 Sugar Ridge Rd
North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039
- MRD Inc5035 east calla rd
New Middletown, Ohio 44442
- M&H Construction Services LLC
- The Home Depot - Niles1900 Niles Cortland Rd NE
WARREN, Ohio 44484
- The Home Depot - Niles
- Wayside Lawn Structures1112 State Route 14
Columbiana, Ohio 44408
- Wayside Lawn Structures
- Youngstown Fence Inc235 E Indianola Ave
Youngstown, Ohio 44507
- Youngstown Fence Inc
Fencing contractors that service Cortland
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.