Finding the correct subbase is important for any concrete project, and many people choose to use sand. While sand may seem like a good subbase, there are a lot of factors that you should consider before going with this option.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in Portville, NY
There are 1 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in Portville
- Lewis Construction and RemodelingLewis construction was very professional and worked hard to get things done in a timely manner. I feel like every time I hire Lewis construction, they go above and beyond.
- RJM concreteFantastic! Ryan and his crew were great. Work began very quickly, and was completed expertly in approximately 4-5 days. I couldn't have been more pleased. The crew arrived bright and early, and worked continuously in a professional manner throughout the entire project. Ryan advised me reliably on what the crew would be doing each day. I had been having trouble securing my "usual" contractors, and Ryan, I'm happy to say, contacted me quickly after I sought help at Angi's. Also, water getting into our house during heavy rains has been a particular problem due to the poor state of the old patio pad/slab. Ryan and his crew did a beautiful job of pitching the new slab away from the house, additionally paying attention to any other potential problems with runoff and drainage. Their work is awesome, and I do not hesitate to recommend their services. But, I hope they don't get TOO busy as I hope to hire them for other projects. They are a very talented bunch! (Also, my Siamese cat dashing across the freshly poured concrete did not seem to phase them!)
- A&F ConstructionI have used Eric (A & F Construction) for many years and covering many different projects. These have included roofing, siding, gutters, storm doors, window replacements, trim and the like outdoors, and small electrical and plumbing projects, sheetrocking, flooring, and general renovations indoors. As with this project, he is always reasonably priced, honest, very capable, fast (once he gets free to start the job!), and VERY finicky about the quality of the finished project. More importantly, he always makes certain to understand what I want out of the project, and this sometimes involves unusual or custom installations (such as sealing the gaps in the decking for this project, modifying the handrails to fit existing construction, and cutting full-length columns in half to match what was there in the past). I wish I could include pictures to show how good the porch looks! Will I hire A& F again? In a heartbeat if Eric will have me
- RPM-Razorback Property MaintenanceI highly recommend this company for any concrete work. They were fast, efficient, cleaned up after themselves and the price was perfect. They also came out to do a free estimate. I appreciate their hard work in getting our sidewalk done before the snow really comes!!
- Vansant ConstructionBrett and his crew did a wonderful job on our project. He and his staff treated our job as if they were working on their own homes. They were courteous and clean and best of all, stayed within the budget.
- Elite ConcreteRay and his team did an excellent job. Ray is honest and trustworthy. His team worked hard and were meticulous. This was a big job and they worked very hard and finished it in 3 days. Very impressive. My neighbors won’t stop talking about how nice my driveway looks !! Thank you Ray ! I would hire elite concrete again
- VA Path & PatioZach from VA Path and Pavers installed patio pavers in our rental home in Virginia Beach. He return my call promptly and came out to look at the job the same day I called. We received an estimate within three days. Zach started and finished the job within the time frame that he gave me and our yard was left in pristine condition and the pavers were absolutely beautiful. We highly recommend Zach for all path and patio needs
- Vansant ConstructionAfter searching for quite a while, I finally found someone who had the knowledge and willingness to take on my project. We have several additions that were beyond what many contractors considered to be worth fixing. I now know that they (other contractors) were thinking of their own interests as opposed to my own, and that although complicated and tedious, it was entirely possible and cost effective to save this historic structure. It was't the easiest way to go, but in this case it turned out to be the right way. After the first two weeks I felt comfortable enough to expand the scope of the project well beyond what we had originally planned. After seeing what Brett VanSant was able to accomplish it only made sense to keep going with him and build the home I always wanted. I ended up with a MUCH nicer home for less money than what other professionals quoted me for my project. Brett not only was able to act as GC and perform most tasks himself, but was also able to shield me from lots of bad advice and sub-par work from sub-contractors and other "professionals". I give Brett VanSant and the VanSant Construction crew my full endorsement and highest recommendation. Hiring Brett was a very good decision
- Js masonry construction llcSteve Walt is hard-working and professional. I was so please with his work at my industrial sites that I used him at home to help me solve a long-standing problem with water entering my basement.
- Real Help Decorative ConcreteConcrete poured exactly the way we wanted. Very clean, professional job! Would definitely recommend real help concrete to others!
Concrete Repair Contractors in Portville
- Business Description:Locally owned construction and landscaping company, we do quality work and insured. Free estimates.
- Business Description:Asphalt SealcoatingRecent Review:We have been using Livingston asphalt sealers for years, but the last few times we have not been happy with his workmanship. We decided to give him one more chance. We booked him in July to do our driveway at the end of August, as we would be away. He never showed claiming he was behind. He then gave us another date, but didn't show again. He had told us he would call if he couldn't make it. No call, so my husband called him. As he was leaving a message on the voicemail that we no longer wanted him to do the sealing, his wife picked up the phone. As my husband was talking to her and explaining that we no longer wanted him to do the sealing, she started to raise her voice and coming up with excuses Very unprofessional!! We'll use someone elseCarolyn W.
- Business Description:fully insured, 14 skilled carpenters and roofers, licensed autocad draftingRecent Review:Excellent job on replacing roof on 100+ year old home. Conscientious and dependable. Follows through on projects and makes sure customer is happy. Would gladly use them again.Bennett H.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Alternate business name: Paris R Minuto LLC. Additional website: www.standbypowersystems.biz. Fully licensed for electric & plumbing installations. Factory trained & certified for GENERAC and KOHLER. Ability to monitor both residential, commercial & industrial generators through the internet 24 hours a day 365 days a year. 100% Turnkey Installations. See website for other detailsRecent Review:I called Standby Power during an extended power outage because my generator failed and the company that installed my generator 7 years ago was not answering phone or responding to voice mail messages. Standby Power , which also has the name ASTEROID on its service contract, returned my call but I found their service to be dishonest and totally unacceptable. I strongly recommend to stay clear of this company for the following reasons: 1. I believe their prices are inflated. A part they were going to replace for over $300 was replaced for about $100 by another company 2. They were not honest with me and left me with a non-functioning generator. I told them the company that originally installed my generator had looked at it recently but the other company didn't return my phone messages so I asked Standby/Asteroid to come back and fix it. I provided Standby/Asteroid with a list of everything the original company had found wrong with the generator. The scheduling receptionist at Standby/Asteroid assured me that a senior member of their team would come to my home with a more junior technician to diagnose the problem and take it from there. On the scheduled day, the senior person did not come, the technician who came knew nothing about the list of problems the original company provided and then after looking at my generator for about 15 minutes he drove away. When I called Standby/Asteroid they said they would not pick up the problem that another company started. I had clearly indicated the generator needed a major repair and that the original company had also looked at the generator. In short Standby/Asteroid is unreliable and more interested in managing their paperwork then they are in helping customers get their generator fixedDavid B.
- Business Description:Since 1997, American Dry Basement Systems is waterproofing basements, encapsulating crawl spaces, installing sump pumps and battery backup systems and repairing foundation cracks in basements throughout Connecticut & Southeastern New York. Our mission is a simple one. We ensure that every customer that installs our basement waterproofing system will be water-free for life. Our system is backed by the best lifetime warranty in the industry. Our warranty is also transferable. You can trust us t..Recent Review:I consider it as my civic responsibility to warn public about this company. We had drainage system and sump pump installed by this company in March of 2020 and I paid close to $7,000 for it. Within a month of installation we has a day of rain and there was water in the basement. The water did not drain into the sump pump, instead came up through the floor and sump pump never kicked in. Clearly there is flaw in the design and installation of the system. The "technician" they sent failed to identify the problem or fix it. Clearly they are not standing by their system. I contacted Peter O'shea, owner of the company via e mail and to this date I have not received a response. Now I am left with an unusable basement after spending 7000 dollars. I have contacted BBB and waiting on their response. The sales person was knowledgeable and professional. I can't say the same about the workers that installed the system. I urge you to think twice before spending your hard earned money on their system. If you hire American dry to waterproof your basement you will not have a dry basement . It is just a matter of time before you see waterSajini J.
- Business Description:12 Years experience take cash good check card I do subcontract off of other companiesRecent Review:Based on our budget we were only going to put siding on 3 sections of the house and leave 2 for the following year. Joe convinced me that it would be better to do it all at once. The siding I wanted was discontinued and he could supposedly get what was left for a discounted price. When he was finishing the work I noticed some extra boxes of siding. His crew finished up and left. He stayed to be paid. I asked if I could have the extra boxes of siding (I paid for them afterall). He said yes, but they were in the truck that the crew took. He would bring them back and drop them off. I texted him about every other week for 3 months asking when he was going to drop it off. He always had some excuse until he finally stopped responding. Only after the fact did it occur to me that I never actually found out how much the siding was and how many boxes he purchased on my dime - probably for his own project. I'm still making payments. We were capable of doing it ourselves, but didn't have time so we decided to pay to have it done and were taken advantage of. Very disappointing. If he ever brings me my leftover siding, then I will adjust my reviewPatricia R.
- Business Description:We are a contract service over 30 years experience specializing in remodel, window & door replacements, flooring, sheet rock and taping, customer work, painting, decks, and even something as simple as replacing your kitchen sink. Free estimates given and billing is determined on type and length of job. We offer houly, daily or by the job. We do offer special promotions every month when you call make sure you ask what the monthly special is
- Business Description:General building renovations, remodeling and new construction. Have three employees & we do not use sub-contractors. All work is done by C & G Construction. We do not leave your job until work is fully completed and acceptable to you. All our workmanship is "fully "guaranteed". Once you use C & G you will always use C & G "guaranteed". We have been in business continuously for 39 years, and that is our best referenceRecent Review:Seemed professional and said he would call us the following Wed. but to call him if he had not called to remind. Called 5 times, left messages and never responded back. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!Linda C.
- Business Description:I am fully insured. I do not have any employees, I have 2 sub contractors that I have access to that I hire to work along side of me if I need more manpower for the job. My billing procedures are as follows; for small jobs I require 2/3 of the total contract down to have the job scheduled and then the final 1/3 due upon completion of the job. For long jobs a payment schedule would be set up and followed for billing. I will also work at a time and material basis for really small jobs. Prom..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
Find concrete contractors in
- Port Allegany
- Great Valley
- Lewis Run
concrete contractors in Portville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 2 THUMBS UP CONSTRUCTION100 lincoln ave
Dunkirk, New York
- 2 THUMBS UP CONSTRUCTION
- HIBIT MASONRY11 S EDGEWOOD DR
Springville, New York
- HIBIT MASONRY
- Impressions Concrete7477 Kenyon Ave
Alabama, New York
- Impressions Concrete
- LIVINGSTON ASPHALT SEALERS5 SUNSET DR
Livonia, New York
- LIVINGSTON ASPHALT SEALERS
- Northeast Construction11662 Sparks Rd
Freedom, New York
- Northeast Construction
- Piedmont Equipment Inc695 Atlantic Ave
Rochester, New York
- Piedmont Equipment Inc
- Quality Builders General Construction LLC19 Burd Ave
Canisteo, New York
- Quality Builders General Construction LLC
- S TABONE CONSTRUCTION CO3712 STRAIGHT RD
Fredonia, New York
- Sarna Construction165 Black Forest Road
Glen Spey, New York
- Severance Construction38 Forest Rd
Massena, New York
- Signet Construction Inc.705 N West St
- Standby Power Systems1606 Tanner Ave
Burlington, New Jersey
- STEPS INC573 S Main St
Bolivar, New York
- S TABONE CONSTRUCTION CO
- Upstate Increte2705 Lyons Road
Geneva, New York
- Upstate Increte
- Valley Contracting & Renovations5482 Obes Glen Rd
Canisteo, New York
- Valley Contracting & Renovations
- Zimmerman Contracting LLC693 Beam Rd
Dundee, New York
- Zimmerman Contracting LLC