Colley's Pools & Spas

Founded 1963 • With Angi since July 2006

4.2

Family owned & operated. Colley's Pools & Spas has developed a solid reputation in the Western New York, Rochester, and Western Pennsylvania areas. Our commitment to provide each customer with quality products, personal attention, and after the sale, service has made us a leader in the swimming pool industry. Additional locations - 3066 W 26th St Erie, PA 16506; 10222 Mcallister Fredonia, NY 14063. Additional phones (814) 835-0540, (716) 672-2211....

05/01/2017

mary ann D.

Still in the early stages, so far I am very happy with everything.Staff are very professional, answer questions & respond in a timely manner.

Description of Work
new liner & filter

07/31/2015

Danielle V.

Completely disorganized! One hand does not know what the other is doing. I had at least 2 situations where the actual billed amount is much higher than the quote. Their prices are higher than other local pool shops, which should equate to a better service experience. Sadly, it does not. The manager does not know how to effectively deal with customer complaints. Just a tip: Grunting and sighing in response to a customer complaint is not too professional and only makes a customer angry. Save yourself some money and frustration, find another shop that will appreciate your business and respect you as a consumer.

Description of Work
Install fence and hot tub service

11/08/2014

Jerry G.

Colley’s had put in a Pheasant’s pool. We had actually seen the pool. We called them to meet with them. He was punctual and business-like. He could not meet my all my request in line of what I wanted in my pool. So, I guess at that stand point, he was not able to hundred percent help me, but his prices were in line with the other guys. I will probably contact him again for follow-up on the quotation.

Description of Work
Colley’s Pools & Spas gave me a free estimate because we are trying to decide if we are going to put in a ground pool in the spring.

Category swimming pools

10/16/2013

Raymon C.

Very well. Responsive staff + competitive price.

Description of Work
Product sales.

09/30/2013

Charlene B.

There repaired a leak in the liner which allows us to wait until next spring to replace the liner.

Description of Work
We were having problem with water leaking out of our pool and our regular pool service suggested a new liner. Cooley's came & gave estimate within 3 days of our call. I phoned back asking for service call to see if they could determine reason for extreme loss of water in pool. There did a leak check & found tear which they repaired on site. When we replace the liner next spring we will definetely consider this firm.

08/20/2013

brendan A.

At first I was not happy with this company. I had contacted them in April, got an estimate in early May, and was told they couldn't come out to install the liner until late June. It seemed like they were planning on installing it way too late. My wife was due to have a baby in July and her swimming would be over for the summer after just a few weeks. However, the weather was cool and swimming would not have happened anyways, and they were also able to get the liner installed a few days earlier than they had estimated. It worked out perfectly with the weather so I got over that. Colleys sent four employees out early on June 20th, a foreman and three workers. They spent all day draining the old liner, removing it, cleaning the framing of the pool, replacing fittings, and installing the new liner. They worked efficiently, were very friendly, and got the job done. That night they had be run hose water in the pool until it got to a certain level, while shop-vacs kept the liner tight to the wall. The next day they were out again very early to install the steps. Again they were quick, cleaned everything up, and were out of there. The pool looked great and still does, and all we had to do was fill it up the rest of the way. One other hitch: I was told that I would be given a small used sand filter free of charge, but when they tested it out, it leaked. So instead they sold me a new sand filter at what I'm assuming is cost considering it was $200 less than what they have it going for in their store. No problem. It works great. All in all I would use Colley s again. I would just recommend getting your job request in very early in the season and your deposit soon after to ensure prompt service because it appears that the crew that was out to my house was THE crew. UPDATE (10/13/2015) A 4-inch portion of the liner came unsecured over the course of the liner's third summer of use. Called Colley's in late August to schedule someone to come out and fix it, but could not get an appointment until 10/13. At approximately 10 AM two technicians from Colley's showed up and I directed them to the pool. Before heading to the pool they asked me to boil water so that they could heat up the liner to stretch it easier. I went inside and put the pot on and was back outside in two minutes at which point the techs were returning from the pool. They told me they didn't need the water and the job was done already. Two minutes of labor (to say three would be generous) to reaffix a pool liner I paid them 2800 dollars to install three years ago. I was told it was not covered under warranty and was charged $119.63 for the service call. Techs told me there was nothing they could do about it, that their boss John Kibler had told them to do what they have to do to get payment. COLLEY'S CHARGED ME $119.63 FOR TWO MINUTES OF LABOR.

Description of Work
Drained a couple feet of water and much from inground pool that hadn't been used for a few years; removed old liner; scrubbed down walls and replaced fittings; installed new liner; installed new sand filter; installed existing pump. Pool is 14x28 and ranges from 3-5 feet in depth. Updated: 10/13/15 - 4 inch portion of the liner that had come unsecured was resecured

05/03/2013

Michael E.

Colley's installed pool 13 years ago. After 13 years end of pool needed work. Colley's used Creative Concrete to put concrete in, they came back to finish next day, did very good job, very efficient.

Description of Work
Renovated end of pool.

11/01/2012

Elizabeth S.

We had purchased a house in Lancaster with a spa that had been winterized by a professional company in December 2011. We have had a pool and spas before but that was in Florida and Alabama. We were unable to open the spa until September 2012 due to be out of town most of the summer. When we did open the spa, we had a major leak when operating the spa (more like a flow then a leak.) We called Colley's Pool and Spa Services in mid-September about the spa and unable to get an appointment until October 4th due to everyone closing their spas at this time (per the company.) She said that we should get the spa fixed and then winterize it because the spa pipes would most likely crack if we kept it opened throughout the winter. She quoted me $90 the first half hour and then $75/hour per man on the job until the job was fixed. Bob Rigley called and let me know that he would be there within the hour and he was along with a younger gentleman (barely 18), who acted more as an assistant than another knowledgeable person. Bob went under the spa (it is an above ground spa) and manuevered around for awhile and eventually told me that the manifold was cracked due to incorrect winterizing. He said he did not have the part to fix it today, in fact, they would have to order the part and it might take 1-2 weeks to get it in. He also said that we could run the spa all winter with no problems and that most people do in the north. He also said that he hardly ever winterizes anyone's spa here but mainly performs installs, spa maintenance, and repairs. I told him we would think about either winterizing the spa or fixing it but would not be able to afford both. He gave me the part # and price. He quoted me $350 to fix the problem and $200 to winterize it. Though Bob did a great job, the website states that they do free estimates and I had to pay $159.05 for them to tell me what the problem is and to give me an estimate on how much to fix the problem. Yes, they told me how much it is for them to come out and look but I believed that the cost for them to tell me how it would be to fix it would be rolled into the cost to fix it like any other company does - Every service company I have worked with says $75 to look at it and diagnose the problem but if you get it fixed using us that price gets rolled over even if you cannot get it fixed that day because you have to order a part or do not have the money at that time. Not this company I found out later. I talked it over with my husband and we decided to take the chance. I called the company on the Monday after the service call. The phone clerk could not find my paperwork for awhile. Then she found it. I told her we had decided to fix the spa and that we would like get it fixed as soon as possible as we were afraid of a freeze. She said that we had to have 3-4 days of freezing temperatures before the pipes would crack so we had time. (Really?? - we have one day of freezing temperatures in Florida or Alabama and the pipes will burst if not careful.) Anyways, she stated that Bob had to call us in order for the order to be completed and since he was off that day, I would have to wait until the next day for him to call me back. She could not even order the part until he spoke with me - I even had the part order number that Bob suggested and that did not help. So I waited. No call on Tuesday and no call on Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon, I called and was told that the phone clerk was sick and that was why I never got a call. I believe that If I had not called again then I would have never gotten a call back. This lady had to hunt up the paperwork - could not find it at first and then there was no documentation that I had called on Monday. We went through the whole process again with this woman repeatedly saying that there was a note that we "may" winterize the spa and will fix the spa in the spring. I kept telling her yes, we said that and decided to fix the spa instead because Bob said there is nothing wrong with running the spa through the winter. Finally, she said they have the part needed and that the next available appointment was the following Thursday. Bob came out with his handy assistant again and fixed the problem. He was also very congenial and explained everything about running the spa through the winter. Fixed the problem and cleaned up any trash. Explained in detail what happened and why the manifold cracked. So far the spa is running great My complaint is with the company not with the service that Bob performed. The low marks reflect the office staff and pricing, not the actual service performed. The actual service performed would be an "A" across the board. I don't believe that I should be charged $75 an hour for an assistant who is learning the trade (remember, they charged $75 per man per hour on the job) and I shouldn't have been charged $159.05 to diagnose the problem unless I did not use them to fix the problem. If I had known this then I would have gone to another company that was more highly recommended and cheaper. This website states they give free estimates but they do not. Also, the phone clerk appears to be not very knowledgeable about spas (or pipes in the winter in general) so she should not be giving out information. The office appears to not be organized. I am not sure that I will use this company again. It is hard to deal with an unorganized office but Bob was very helpful and it is hard to find someone who knows what they are doing and does it professionally.

Description of Work
First visit - diagnosed a crack manifold in a 7person above ground spa Second visit - fixed the cracked manifold by replacing the manifold

06/22/2012

Patrick B.

Bought a house that had an above-ground pool that hadn't been opened in a number of years. We had never owned a pool before so we called Colley's to come out and open the pool for us. There was all kinds of debris and a lot of water on the cover. The service tech did not pump off any water - just dumped it all in the pool. The water level was low, so he put the garden hose in and scooped out some of the nasty dirt and leaves and then left us with the chemicals. He claimed he only had about an hour to spend on each call, so I was on my own. After more than a week of running the filter and still with muddy water, we called back and asked them to clean it since they were responsible for dumping some of the debris into the pool. The customer service rep was very helpful and offered to send the crew back to finish the job. We were not home, but they showed up the next day. Again they claimed that the water level was too low, so they turned on the hose again AND LEFT with the hose in the pool and the WATER STILL RUNNING. Luckily my wife came home on her lunch break and discovered this before the pool overflowed. When we called the office to find out what happened, the customer service rep apologized and said the techs would come back that afternoon to clean up. Instead the service tech called my wife and began berating her - telling her she didn't know what she was talking about, that she was stupid and a liar. I was furious and called him back myself. He did not apologize, but instead hung up on me. Later that day, I reached the customer service rep who again was very helpful. He tried his best to mediate the dispute and ultimately agreed to give us a full refund. His attitude was the only redeeming part of the process. The tech was completely unprofessional and his behavior was inexcusable. We would never call this company again or recommend it to anyone.

Description of Work
Pool opening

Category pool cleaners

As per Member's request, I did issue a full refund for the pool opening that did not meet the customer's expectations. We at Colley's strive to satisfy every customer and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. Unfortunately, we did not meet the Broadwater's expectations and therefore I issued them a complete refund. On 6/5/12 Colley's went to open the Broadwater's pool that had not been open in two years. Our service technician scooped a lot of leaves and water off of the cover, but was not able to get all of the leaves off without taking the cover off. He informed the homeowner, who was at home, of this and let him know that some of the leaves would probably go into the pool. The homeowner, Member, was okay with this and the technicians continued to open the pool. Since the pool had not been operated in two years, this was not a standard pool opening. The water was very dark and it was too low to operate the equipment. Our technician did as much as he could do given the situation. Two weeks later, on 6/18/12, Member came into the store and expressed her dissatisfaction with the pool opening and stated that her pool was not clearing up. I sent the service techs back, at no charge, to add some liquid chlorine and see what the situation was. The pool was still not at operating level and therefore we could not vacuum. They added the chlorine and put in a hose to fill the pool up. Member called expressing her dissatisfaction again and demanded a refund. I apologized and agreed to refund her the money for the pool opening. I did, however, inform her what she needed to do to operate the pool. They had never had a pool before and did not realize the length of time and work required to clear up a pool that had not been used in years. Service Manager

12/06/2011

Carla O.

They had all the parts I needed. That was great. Otherwise, it’s hard to find. My overall experience with them was very good. Their price was reasonable. In terms of quality, the parts still works so it’s good. In terms of responsiveness, they were quick, I mean it was at the back, they found it and I was out of there in no time. They were very good in terms of professionalism. I would use their services again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
I used the services of Colley's Pools & Spas. I bought parts from them and they were the only one who had them.

Colley's Pools & Spas

Founded 1963 • With Angi since July 2006

4.2

4953 Camp Rd

Hamburg, NY 14075

Inground swimming pools, gunite, vinyl liner, fiberglass. Above ground swimming pools, hot tubs, patio furniture, gazebos, chemicals, filters, heaters.

NA