The differences between light-filtering and room-darkening window treatments are subtle but important. We’re sharing their pros and cons, how they complement your home and help you save on energy costs.
Get matched with top window treatment in Cicero, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Cicero
- Purcells Wallpaper & Paint CoWe had heard that they were very good over there, so we went over and told them what we wanted. They came and measured the windows and then installed them. The worker that installed them came out first and measured to make sure about what sizes he needed, and then he came out and installed them. They were very good. You tell them what you wanted and they show you things relevant to what you want. The price was fair but we didn't really check out any others. We were quite satisfied
- Budget BlindsI would highly recommend them. They were very understanding and cooperative to work with. The warranty is excellent and they will replace no questions asked. They were very understanding. They were very prompt and were on time when they said they'd be here.
- A SHADE DIFFERENTVery well. Diana is very punctual, right on the appointed time. She comes in with many books and has many more in her vehicle, in case we change our mind as to what we want. She ordered what we wanted and installed them as soon as they came in.
- JCPenneyThe installation was just completed. The installer called ahead of time to tell me what time he would be arriving. He arrived on time, and went to work. . He showed me how to raise and lower the shade as it was a little different from the other ones in the house. He put on shoe coverings as soon as he came into the house so the floor would be protected (lots of snow outside today). He worked quickly and efficiently, I am very pleased with both the product and the installation, and plan on using j C Penney again for window treatments
- FRANKIE SPENCERTheir work was so clean and complete and beautiful, I could not say enough about them. I was referred to them by a good friend of mine, and they were just absolutely unbelievable. Every time I look around and see the work they ve done, I have been amazed! I wasn t expecting that kind of excellence.
- Perfect Fit Custom ShuttersExcellent product and service! perfect fit was prompt reliable fairly priced and the shutter are beautiful and fit perfectly. I would highly recommend this company.
- Jay's ConstructionHe gave us a quote and the price we paid was what he quoted. The price is reasonable. It went out really well. They were on time and cleaned up afterwards. They provided more service at the best price. We were very happy with the price and the quality of work.
- The FABRIC MILLThey have tons of fabrics. They are very good. They have people help you out with coloring and anything else and what looks best. From start to finish they will help you out on what looks good. They are pricey.
- G & J Home Remodeling Co IncThey came in strong and then amount of workers dwindled.. Wok was left undone and very messy.Never came back for finishing touches, trim on windows and doors.
- FABRIC FAIR UPHOLSTERYHad chairs evaluated in July. Paid $500 down at that time. Picked up chairs a few days later. Never heard from them. Called owner, Lisa, in late August/early September. She agreed to deliver the chairs the following week. We paid the final balance upon delivery. Over the next couple of days we looked at the details of the work done. Upholstery was generally good, with one blemish (fabric end peeking out in back of chair). Many chair arms had gaps between wooden arms and fabric/back. None of the "wobbliness" had been addressed. We were disappointed. Sent a letter, with photos, to Lisa. She called. Arranged to pick up chairs on 10/1/14 to 'fix'. They picked up the chairs as scheduled, then we heard nothing. I started calling Fabric Fair in November and finally arranged return of the chairs the second week. They said that the wobbliness could not be fixed unless the bases were changed out (per Auburn Furniture) at $116.00 per chair. We said no. They also said some of the arms were seated better but not all - because the manufacturer used the wrong type of screws so the arms could not be screwed back in well, and the backs could not be built up to use alternate screws. The second week in November they delivered 5 chairs. Not six. Said they forgot one and would deliver asap. Called Lisa a few times - leaving messages - no response. Finally got her answering the phone - she promised the chair would be delivered by 11/21 or 11/22. No chair. Next week I called, left messages for Lisa. No response. The following week I actually got no answers to my calls during business hours. I realized she had caller ID and was avoiding me. My sister offered to try to get through to her. Her first call went unanswered during business hours. Here message was not returned. Five days later, her second call - "Lisa was not there, please call back". Third call - No answer. Fourth call - Frank answered. My sister asked for Lisa, he tried to muffle the sound but she heard him say her last name, which she had not given, and Lisa would not get on the phone. Frank said Lisa would have the last chair delivered the following week (it was Wednesday). My sister asked to speak to Lisa and was told she had just stepped out. We advised Fabric Fair that if the last chair was not delivered in great condition by Monday, December 15th, we would be taking legal action (which we have never done before.) It was delivered on Tuesday morning, December 16th. One arm was not even 1/2 screwed in, the ragged ends of the fabric were showing. Just moving it to the other end ot the room, the entire arm popped out. and the other arm loosened. We had multiple projects done by Fabric Fair years ago and were happy with the results. But now -- They are a disaster. Do NOT use these people
Window Treatment Services in Cicero
- Business Description:Comfort Windows is Upstate NY's Premier Home Improvement Company. Local experts for windows, doors, bathrooms, basements, insulation, sunrooms, siding and more.Recent Review:It was a great experience. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and professional. The work was done just as it was proposed.Melinda G.
- Business Description:New York Sash consistently provides homeowners with products that not only improve the appearance and value of their home, but saves them energy usage (and energy dollars) as well! Not only do we provide and install these products, we also stand behind them with a full service department to honor all warranty and guarantee promises made. This gives our customers complete peace of mind. Additionally, all of our installers are certified by the Occupational Safety and health Administration (OSHA..Recent Review:Jason L. And his team performed the work in a very professional manner - did an excellent job with quality workmanship They did an exceptional job.James K.
- Business Description:Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry. At Emerald City Window Cleaning we are focused on providing quality services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction – we will do everything we can to meet..Recent Review:Great! Received a quote the day I called and was able to schedule for a week later, weather dependent due to it being December. We are not sure our Mom's windows had ever been professionally cleaned. Our Dad would wash the outside but he has been gone for almost 13 years. There was a heavy film on the outside which made them look like the seals were broken, they were not. They now sparkle, cleanest they have ever been! They also discovered the front gutter was loaded with years of pine needles despite hiring someone to clean them out just this last October. Guess they missed this one and would not come back since it had been over 30 days. Emerald cleaned them and flushed out the downspouts also. Even those that were done in October. Really nice people and they did an awesome jobMary Beth Y.
- Business Description:If you watch our entertainingly unpredictable commercials below you will have a good understanding of who we are and how we do business. We have been in business Since 1968 over forty five years now. Here at G&J Home Remodeling we would like to offer you an experience like no other in this industry. Easy going & no pressure salesmanship great work done by respectful and professional people who care about their work and have been with G & J for manu many years. We stand behind our workmanship..Recent Review:G&J put a new roof on for me a few years ago. Strong winds did some damage to one side of the roof and eaves. I left a message for Paul the owner to see what i needed to do. The next day I came home and it was fixed! One call and boom it was doneMarjorie O.
- Business Description:.Recent Review:Brian McDeid is a true professional. His work is impeccable and thorough. He was able to repair the deck in no time at all. I would recommend him for anyone needing assistance for home repairs inside and outside their house. Give Husband for a Day a call todayHeather J.
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned retail home decorating fabric store. We have decorators on staff that will come to your home and measure for all the custom products that we sell, including Draperies, custom valances, bedding, cushions, slipcovers, upholstery and Hunter Douglas custom blinds and shadesRecent Review:Della, at the Fabric Mill, was very knowledgeable and helpful in my selection of the fabrics that would be best for the pieces of furniture I needed reupholstered. She gave me a window of time it would take to compWe lete my pieces. When it past the time frame she gave me, I called to find out the status of my furniture. Della got right on it, calling their work shop, and I had my completed pieces within a week. Their upholsterer did a wonderful job, and I am very pleased with the finished piecesSusan R.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Blindsgalore is the DIY-ers choice for the best selection and value in custom window coverings. Blindsgalore's goal is to make home improvement and decorating more affordable by providing easy access to the most comprehensive collection of custom made to order window treatments/window coverings and knowledgeable, friendly customer service professionals. We offer the most comprehensive collection of custom window treatments from Bali, Graber, Comfortex, Good Housekeepi..Recent Review:If I could give zero stars, I would. First, it was taking forever to get my order. When I looked at my order, they somehow had the wrong address (my former address from five years ago), so I contacted them to change the address. They assured me that the address was changed. A couple of weeks later, I was notified via email that my order was delivered but when I checked my front door it wasn't there, so I went to my old address, 30 minutes away and got lucky that the owner was there and had received my order. When I got it home the 3 roller shades that I ordered for side-by-side windows were all 4 inches too big. I followed the online measurement directions which suggested that you add 2 inches per side to your measurements for an outside mount. I should have stayed with my original measurements. When I called, they suggested that I keep an inch on each side. They re-made them, and AGAIN sent them to the wrong address - even after I re-confirmed that they had the right one. Again, I had to go to my old address to look for my delivery. This time, no one was home, so I took a chance and waited in front of their house for a while until someone may come home. Luckily, someone showed up within 90 minutes. This time they had showed up with 2 boxes! They re-made it twice (6 roller shades), all still too big! Due to the global pandemic and for personal reasons, I waited to address the issue. When I finally was able to contact them, I was sent a message that the CSR's supervisor determined that the blinds were made correctly. Therefore, they cannot offer a remake for this order. Their policy states that they will make up to 4 shades if the customer is not completely happy. However, they offered to remake the shades at a discounted price! I will not give them one more penny! Worst service ever! A $500.00 lesson learned - They stole my money and left me with 9 useless roller shades to get rid of. I do not recommend themCarla D.
- Business Description:SelectBlinds.com is the most reviewed, highest rated online window blinds and shades store and we have the 200,000+ reviews to prove it. We offer custom-made window treatments that are competitively priced along with free shipping and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Visit our website or contact us for more informationRecent Review:None of the people that were recommended responded.Nancy P.
- Business Description:For more than 10 years, Logan Balla has been working hard at making things work! Whether you need something fixed, replaced, installed, maintained, updated, or fully renovated, Owryen Interiors strives to exceed your expectations. Owryen Interiors is a husband and wife team that has been doing business in this area since 2004. I choose to work in this industry because I love to see a finished product that I can be proud ofRecent Review:At first, Logan appeared to be very dependable and timely. It took him a while to get back to us with a start date, but that part was okay as he was very busy. It was soon after he got started in which he began showing up later and later each day, leaving early each day, or not showing certain days with only a text message later in the afternoon stating he wasn't feeling well. He then text us and asked for more money as the project was "taking longer" than anticipated and was also "harder" than originally anticipated. Texting for more money is only slightly unprofessional, right? As he was nearing the end of his time in our home, I was looking through the work and began to notice paint all over the edges of my tile floors, on my wooden floors upstairs, and on my bathroom floor which wasn't even a room being painted by him. There is also paint in the carpet going up my stairs and under my railings. There was paint that was left in my bathtub from him rinsing his materials (which is fine, just clean up after yourself is all I ask). The paint has been chipping off of my molding and my stairs, the wall has cracked where he "repaired" and the work has to be re-done. Now, 3-4 months later, we have since hired another contractor and are paying additional money to correct Logan Balla's errors in our home. Professional and quality work is truly lacking in the area in which we paid Logan to repair within our home. This work is truly disappointing and I would highly suggest looking into another contractor if you have work to be done like mineTyler Y.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Foggy windows indicate a failed seal and moisture in between the panes of glass. Find out if you can fix your foggy windows or if you need to call a pro.
If your double-pane windows fog up or you notice a draft, your window seals may be failing. Here’s what you need to know to repair or replace your windows.
Find window treatment in
- North Syracuse
- East Syracuse
- Bernhards Bay
- West Monroe
- Central Square
window treatment in Cicero
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- JCPenney3649 Erie Blvd E Shoppingtown Mall
Syracuse, New York
- New York Sash349 Oriskany Blvd
Whitesboro, New York
- New York Sash
- Purcells Wallpaper & Paint Co7932 Oswego Rd Rte 57
Liverpool, New York
- Purcells Wallpaper & Paint Co
- SelectBlinds.com7420 S Kyrene Rd #119
- YOUR ART & DECOR5710 Ogeechee Rd 200-276
- YOUR ART & DECOR