A-American Electric Inc

Founded 1981 • With Angi since January 2010

25 Sheehan Rd

Fletcher, NC 28732

Whether you are a residential homeowner who needs an electrical socket replaced or an industrial property manager who needs help with your facility, you can count on A-American Electric Inc. We have over 50 years of combined experience installing, maintaining and replacing electrical systems in

07/27/2018

Kathy B.

Two fellows, (Greg & Marcus), arrived on time and worked solid from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm. Everything was fixed and installed; very pleased with their work. Cleaned up all debris and hauled away the old fixtures and boxes for me. Couldn't have ask for 2 nicer fellows and a job well done. Would definitely recommend A-American and would use them again.

Description of Work
Light fixture hung and junction box moved, old attic fan removed and new one installed, new bathroom light/heat/fan fixture installed, ceiling fan repaired, and can light replaced.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the great review. Please let us know if you have any future needs. Phil Wilson President

06/04/2018

Cindy C.

A-American Electric did an amazing job at our business site and at our home. They are a top notch company with very experienced technicians. This company will go above and beyond to meet your needs. Cindy A.

Description of Work
Commercial and Residential

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the great review. Please let us know if we can do anything in the future for you. Phil Wilson President A-American Electric, Inc.

02/23/2018

Julie M.

Phil and his team worked for nearly three weeks on our house - much of the wiring needed to be replaced, new junction boxes, and switches. The receptacles were grounded and several new ones were added. New light fixtures (and new boxes to hold them properly in the ceilings) were installed. The service panel, mast, and meter were replaced. A surge protector was also added. Phil's two workers arrived promptly every morning. They were hardworking, yet very pleasant and knowledgable. They made many suggestions about problems that we had not foreseen. One of the workers photographed a potential plumbing issue under the tight crawlspace and shared the photos with us. Phil either called or came to the house every day to oversee the work and ask if we had questions. We were extremely satisfied with the entire process.

Description of Work
Complete update on electrical service to a 1940's bungalow

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] for the great review and the future remodel work we will be doing on your next house. Phil Wilson A-American Electric, Inc.

05/10/2017

Marvin J.

Went well.

Description of Work
Electrical to install washer dryer stack.

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you in the future. Thanks again, Phil Wilson

08/29/2016

Francis W.

Description of Work
Arrived on time. Did a good job. Were polite and friendly.

Category electrician

Thank you for your good review. Please call on us for any future needs. Phil Wilson President

01/19/2015

Mark S.

I've used A-American Electric on many occasions over the last few years, and have always had good professional service. Phil and his team are very competent, and professional. The first work they did for my office was to help connect a solar system to the grid, and my office, and they did a great job. They have also rewired my entire electrical panel to bring it up to code, and to make sure I didn't have any fire hazards (my office was entirely pieced together in the past through multiple additions, and A-American has been great to correct previously poor work). I would give A-American my highest red=commendation, and can recommend them without any hesitation.

Description of Work
Rewire electrical panel, correct ground problems.

Category electrician

Thank you for the work and the great review. Phil Wilson

01/09/2015

Jennifer A.

Our garage is a big, 6 bay shop. A few light fixtures were definitely outdated, to say the least. A-American Electric gave us a quote to upgrade our fixtures, and install more for better lighting in our business. We contacted them as soon as we were ready to do the job. They gave us various dates and times they were available so we would have options, we scheduled, and they did the job in budget and on time. We have used them for small residential purposes as well. They are full of knowledge. It seems like no job is too big, or too small. All of the employees and owners are so pleasant and ready to help in anyway they can. I recommend them to everyone who has electrical issues or concerns.

Description of Work
Installed light fixtures in our business. Repaired breakers in our home.

Category electrician

Thank you for the work and the good review. Phil Wilson

08/20/2014

Mary Ann M.

Description of Work
They arrived on time, cared for the problem quickly and were very courteous. I would be happy to have them in my home again

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please let us know if you have any future electrical needs. Phil Wilson President

06/11/2014

r A.

Description of Work
Re ran wiring. Added and replaced several light fixtures

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Phil Wilson

06/06/2014

r A.

Description of Work
we moved kitchen and entry way lighting. Had to remove several ceiling light fixtures, rerun all wiring as well as cap off unused wiring. the job took longer than scheduled (mostly our fault) and they stayed until work was complete. about 8:30 pm

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for taking the time to post a report. We certainly do appreciate the work and the report. Phil Wilson

03/27/2014

Melissa C.

It went really well! The workers arrived at the scheduled time and started work right away. They helped move my car out of the garage (which didn't run at the time) and helped rearrange the items in the garage to get to the areas they needed to access. They were friendly and started to work right away. I watched and they were kind enough to explain what they were doing as they worked since I was curious. They ran wires in the attic and placed all of the components where I wanted them. They also wired everything the way I wanted, so that the lights worked independently. Everything worked correctly the first time and the installation was clean and they even labeled each outlet with the circuit number/name (since each circuit had different capacities for my tools). I'm pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Installed fluorescent light fixtures with pull chains, and installed new circuit breakers, wiring, and outlets around a garage.

Category electrician

[member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to post a report. Please let me know if you need any additional work. Thanks again, Phil Wilson

10/31/2012

Sharon H.

During the most recent storm, an oak tree fell across the power lines connected to our house. During the fall, the mast was bent on our home and when the power company came out they determined it to be unsafe. Advised us to call an electrician for repair. Being totally unaware of what the next move would be, we placed a call to A-American Electric and explained our delima. They were very understanding and sympathetic to our needs. With in a couple of hours two techs were at our house, making an assessment. Very professional and helpful with explaining what the problems were and their thoughts on the best ways to repair the damage. For reasons beyond their or our control, we needed to wait until the following morning to actually begin the repair. They arrived exactly when they told us to expect them. Ready to begin their job. Within a few hours, the damage was repaired and our power was restored. We are so impressed with the work ethics of Nathan and Mark. They were both very professional and curtious! Kept us informed of each step in the process. And from their self confidence of immediately knowing how to fix the problem, it gave us reassurance that it was all under control. Not having power is a real problem! Thank you A-American Electric for coming to our rescue!

Description of Work
Replaced the electrical mast on our home

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to submit your report on our company. Phil Wilson

08/26/2012

Philip J.

Phil Wilson was great at calling me back and following up on the work done. He gave me options for price and even allowed me to save some money by assisting the electrician (mostly drilling holes). There was a small snag. The inspector concluded that some of the wires need to be more protected. Phil scheduled a time that day for someone to come back out and fix it at no additional cost. Overall, this was a great company work with.

Description of Work
I had a sewer pump installed for the plumbing in my basement and it required new circuits for the electricity. A-American ran the power lines and installed the necessary equipment.

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to post a report. Phil Wilson

02/28/2012

Lynda W.

They were very knowledgeable and polite. They were punctual and cleaned up after themselves. I have some more work that needs done and will have them back to complete it.

Description of Work
They repaired some outlets and light fixtures.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for your comments.

11/05/2011

Kathleen M.

Did not use them.

Description of Work
Their estimate for a fairly minor electrical job was extremely high!! Contacted three of their competitors and were given estimates of less than half the amount quoted by A-American. When we contacted them about the concern we had with the extreme differences in price, they made the job sound much harder than the estimator originally stated. On Angie'sList, their three competitors received better grades which made our decision easy.

Category electrician

Dear member, Thank you for your comments. I’m sorry I was busy when you called the other day and did not have a lot of free time to talk. I will try to recall from memory a few things from our conversation. When we were talking about your under cabinet light fixture I said that we could not tap power from your receptacle below because it was on the kit. small appliance circuit and would be against code to do so. That would require attic work and finding a power source in the attic may be easy and again it may be time consuming. Also two men would be required to fish wire and for safety’s sake. Let me bring up a few more things. A cab. contractor will install a counter that will cover up an existing wall receptacle. The electrician usually cuts the cab. wall out or removes the rec. and installs a blank cover if it has a single wire in it. Next, the light fixture has to be purchased and the time for your job starts when the electrician arrives at the shop and starts pulling the material for your job. Then he has to drive to your house which is about 15 miles from our shop. All this takes gas, tires, oil, and time. We are not the cheapest electrical contractor in your area and we don’t want to be. The cheapest electrician on a regular basis sometimes has problems paying his bills at the end of the month and sometimes goes out of business trying to be competitive with others. On the other hand we know if we are the highest bid we will not get the job, but sometimes we are. Every contractor has been high and every contractor has been low at some time. Some things that affect pricing are: overhead, distance to job and work availability. We have been in business for 30 years and have over 30 employees. We have worked for thousands of customers over the years and those customers keep us busy with repeat work. We also do residential, commercial, and industrial work. Our customers call us because they know they can depend on us to come out when they need us. I would like to offer you that service. Sometimes it is difficult to get an electrician out in the middle of the night or on the week end. We have a man on call 24/7 365 days a year. If you ever have a need your call would be welcome. I would also kindly ask you to let your contractors know that you are a member of Angies List so they would know that they may be critiqued and/or criticized. I think it would be good for you and good for them. I hope I’ve answered some of your questions. I always try to start each day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude so I would like to wish you and your family a happy new year. Sincerely, Phil Wilson

09/13/2011

Wayne S.

The problem occurred at 3 p.m. on a Monday. Company responded to message in 5 minutes. Service man arrived in 30 minutes. He had to go get the part. Job was completed by 5:40 p.m. Although job ran over into overtime, regular labor rates were charged. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Total electric failure. No power to the house. Identified problem as faulty main breaker switch. Replaced switch power restored.

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to post a report.

12/05/2010

Leslie T.

Hard to schedule. Also wanted a can or recessed light installed above front door as building design leaves that area dark. The ONLY solution offered was to pull up carpet in the closet above and have to rewire in order to install. He made it sound very hard so that I wouldn't ask them to do it. There was a junior/apprentice electrician asked to do most of the work and he didn't have enough experience to consider all aspects from the customer's point-of-view.

Description of Work
Asked to have a few electrical outlets added (basement (2), kitchen island) and install a dining room chandelier. I worked with the owners' brother and he had done work for a co-worker as well, even though they acknowledged that he was expensive. We also asked for a surge protector to be installed on the main fuse box. The chandelier was hung too low and to try and get them back (they were busy) to adjust was too much trouble. The outlets were installed as requested. The surge protector is hidden behind the main fuse box panel. How are we supposed to see it there? They also pulled a permit for the city of Asheville which resulted in more lost time at work to get a sign-off on that. We were never told that a permit was necessary and that it would require waiting around for the city to show up.

Category electrician, lighting

Member, Thank you for your comments. We don't know how we are diong if we don't hear back from you. I don't remember coming out to your house but I do remember talking to you on the telephone. Also,my brother said to tell you hello. Let me address your surge protector first. We usally install one that can be mounted outside or inside the electric panel. The unit can be installed outside if the elec.panel is not installed in sheet rock, wood, ect.. If it is then it has to be installed inside the elec. panel. If the cir. breaker it is attached to trips off and fails to reset, then it has done its job and must be replaced.Please call me and I will come out personally and check it. I can also take a look at those other items you mentioned. Regarding your electrical inspection. Sometimes the men can't tell if an electrical inspection is required untill they get into the job. It is a state law that we have to pull a permit and we can be fined if we do not pull a permit if one is required. A permit is designed to protect the home owner and the contractor.Unfortuneately there can be some wait time for the inspector to come out. Thank you once again for your comments and I await your call. Sincerely, Phil Wilson

01/04/2010

Barbara N.

I called A-American because exterior outlets were not working and I needed to use a heater to thaw my well pump. Scott found an outlet I didn't know I had just above the pump and advised about preventing freezing in the future. Then Scott and Andrew repaired to GFI outlets. They were amazing prompt on this cold snowy morning, pleasant and very efficient.

Description of Work
Fixed non-functioning GFI outlets. Found an outlet under the house I didn't know was there!

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to post a report.