A-American Electric Inc

Founded 1981 • With Angi since January 2010

Whether you are a residential homeowner who needs an electrical socket replaced or an industrial property manager who needs help with your facility, you can count on A-American Electric Inc. We have over 50 years of combined experience installing, maintaining and replacing electrical systems in residential, commercial and industrial settings. A-American Electric, Inc. was initially founded by Phil Wilson in 1981 with humble beginnings. Through hard work and together with his son, Kris, they have grown to employ over 70 employees. Phil and Kris have always believed that through effort and treating people fair you can have a successful business and that simple philosophy has paid off as A-American is now licensed in five states while taking care of both small and large scale projects. Phil and Kris are both heavily involved with their churches and try to give back to the community whenever possible....

Gnarling Tree

Gnarling Tree is a creative horticulture company offering landscape design, installation, and maintenance. We enjoy working with our clients to offer personalized landscape and gardening solutions that enhance their outdoor living space while catering to their individual needs.

Offers by Gnarling Tree on Angi
BlueRidge Landscaping

Veteran owned and operated. We have the experience and the dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Wilkinson's Energized Electrical

Wilkinson's Energized Electrical is a part time business. I'm licensed and Insured. I have over 30 years of experience in the field. Right now I am the only employee. I like to do the small jobs the other contractors can't or don't have time to do.

07/27/2018

Two fellows, (Greg & Marcus), arrived on time and worked solid from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm. Everything was fixed and installed; very pleased with their work. Cleaned up all debris and hauled away the old fixtures and boxes for me. Couldn't have ask for 2 nicer fellows and a job well done. Would definitely recommend A-American and would use them again.

Description of Work
Light fixture hung and junction box moved, old attic fan removed and new one installed, new bathroom light/heat/fan fixture installed, ceiling fan repaired, and can light replaced.

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for the great review. Please let us know if you have any future needs. Phil Wilson President

06/04/2018

A-American Electric did an amazing job at our business site and at our home. They are a top notch company with very experienced technicians. This company will go above and beyond to meet your needs. Cindy A.

Description of Work
Commercial and Residential

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for the great review. Please let us know if we can do anything in the future for you. Phil Wilson President A-American Electric, Inc.

02/23/2018

Phil and his team worked for nearly three weeks on our house - much of the wiring needed to be replaced, new junction boxes, and switches. The receptacles were grounded and several new ones were added. New light fixtures (and new boxes to hold them properly in the ceilings) were installed. The service panel, mast, and meter were replaced. A surge protector was also added. Phil's two workers arrived promptly every morning. They were hardworking, yet very pleasant and knowledgable. They made many suggestions about problems that we had not foreseen. One of the workers photographed a potential plumbing issue under the tight crawlspace and shared the photos with us. Phil either called or came to the house every day to oversee the work and ask if we had questions. We were extremely satisfied with the entire process.

Description of Work
Complete update on electrical service to a 1940's bungalow

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] for the great review and the future remodel work we will be doing on your next house. Phil Wilson A-American Electric, Inc.

01/19/2015

I've used A-American Electric on many occasions over the last few years, and have always had good professional service. Phil and his team are very competent, and professional. The first work they did for my office was to help connect a solar system to the grid, and my office, and they did a great job. They have also rewired my entire electrical panel to bring it up to code, and to make sure I didn't have any fire hazards (my office was entirely pieced together in the past through multiple additions, and A-American has been great to correct previously poor work). I would give A-American my highest red=commendation, and can recommend them without any hesitation.

Description of Work
Rewire electrical panel, correct ground problems.

Category electrician

Thank you for the work and the great review. Phil Wilson

01/09/2015

Our garage is a big, 6 bay shop. A few light fixtures were definitely outdated, to say the least. A-American Electric gave us a quote to upgrade our fixtures, and install more for better lighting in our business. We contacted them as soon as we were ready to do the job. They gave us various dates and times they were available so we would have options, we scheduled, and they did the job in budget and on time. We have used them for small residential purposes as well. They are full of knowledge. It seems like no job is too big, or too small. All of the employees and owners are so pleasant and ready to help in anyway they can. I recommend them to everyone who has electrical issues or concerns.

Description of Work
Installed light fixtures in our business. Repaired breakers in our home.

Category electrician

Thank you for the work and the good review. Phil Wilson

03/27/2014

It went really well! The workers arrived at the scheduled time and started work right away. They helped move my car out of the garage (which didn't run at the time) and helped rearrange the items in the garage to get to the areas they needed to access. They were friendly and started to work right away. I watched and they were kind enough to explain what they were doing as they worked since I was curious. They ran wires in the attic and placed all of the components where I wanted them. They also wired everything the way I wanted, so that the lights worked independently. Everything worked correctly the first time and the installation was clean and they even labeled each outlet with the circuit number/name (since each circuit had different capacities for my tools). I'm pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Installed fluorescent light fixtures with pull chains, and installed new circuit breakers, wiring, and outlets around a garage.

Category electrician

[member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to post a report. Please let me know if you need any additional work. Thanks again, Phil Wilson

10/31/2012

During the most recent storm, an oak tree fell across the power lines connected to our house. During the fall, the mast was bent on our home and when the power company came out they determined it to be unsafe. Advised us to call an electrician for repair. Being totally unaware of what the next move would be, we placed a call to A-American Electric and explained our delima. They were very understanding and sympathetic to our needs. With in a couple of hours two techs were at our house, making an assessment. Very professional and helpful with explaining what the problems were and their thoughts on the best ways to repair the damage. For reasons beyond their or our control, we needed to wait until the following morning to actually begin the repair. They arrived exactly when they told us to expect them. Ready to begin their job. Within a few hours, the damage was repaired and our power was restored. We are so impressed with the work ethics of Nathan and Mark. They were both very professional and curtious! Kept us informed of each step in the process. And from their self confidence of immediately knowing how to fix the problem, it gave us reassurance that it was all under control. Not having power is a real problem! Thank you A-American Electric for coming to our rescue!

Description of Work
Replaced the electrical mast on our home

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to submit your report on our company. Phil Wilson

08/26/2012

Phil Wilson was great at calling me back and following up on the work done. He gave me options for price and even allowed me to save some money by assisting the electrician (mostly drilling holes). There was a small snag. The inspector concluded that some of the wires need to be more protected. Phil scheduled a time that day for someone to come back out and fix it at no additional cost. Overall, this was a great company work with.

Description of Work
I had a sewer pump installed for the plumbing in my basement and it required new circuits for the electricity. A-American ran the power lines and installed the necessary equipment.

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to post a report. Phil Wilson

02/28/2012

They were very knowledgeable and polite. They were punctual and cleaned up after themselves. I have some more work that needs done and will have them back to complete it.

Description of Work
They repaired some outlets and light fixtures.

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for your comments.

09/13/2011

The problem occurred at 3 p.m. on a Monday. Company responded to message in 5 minutes. Service man arrived in 30 minutes. He had to go get the part. Job was completed by 5:40 p.m. Although job ran over into overtime, regular labor rates were charged. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Total electric failure. No power to the house. Identified problem as faulty main breaker switch. Replaced switch power restored.

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to post a report.

Residential, commercial & industrial electrical, whole house lighting design, generators, fountains, electric gates, pools & hot tubs, surge protection, landscape lighting, new construction, structured wiring.

Security and fire alarm systems. Audio systems

MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover