Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Find top septic tank companies in Dearborn, MI
There are 12 top-rated septic tank companies in your area and 3 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Dearborn
- TRI COUNTY POWER RODDINGPositive: Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness, Value I'm not the type that usually leaves reviews, but in this case, I felt it was warranted. Nick & Darien came out to pump our septic tank. They were true professionals, very kind, respectful, helpful, and honest. The previous company (won't name) we used misled us and told us that we had a 1,500 gallon tank, when in fact it's actually a 1,000 gallon tank. Thanks to Nick & Darien for being so honest and informing us. It's truly appreciated having a company with hard working people and we will definitely be using Tri-County Power Rodding from here on. I highly recommend this company and will be referring them to everyone that would need their services. Keep up the excellent work! AAA++
- Cregger Plumbing, Heating & CoolingRepairman came exactly as scheduled and did the job in a fast and professional manner. I have used Cregger in the past and will use them again when I need plumbing service. The pricing seems fair for the work done and they have provided excellent service. I used the Angie's List coupon so out of pocket expenses were $300
- Cregger Plumbing, Heating & CoolingMy water heater quit working on Sunday and by Monday evening I had the old one removed and a new one installed, thanks to Cregger Plumbing. I originally put in a request with Home Depot for same day service, but after they quoted me 1300 dollars to install a 600 dollar water heater I had to decline. So I purchased a big deal via Angie's List and received a phone call from Cregger not more than an hour later to schedule my water heater installation. Thankfully, they were able to add me on that day around 5pm. The technician, Kevin Jacobs, arrived on time and had the old one out and the new one installed in a little over one hour. He took care not to make a mess or damage the walls when transporting the tanks up and down the basement stairs. No leaks, no issues a week and a half later, very satisfied with the on site service, and office staff of Cregger Plumbing. Thank you for a job well done
- HARTLAND SEPTIC SVCI personally do not leave many reviews but their speed of service as well as friendly nature across all employees I was in contact with was truly superb. Cost was also extremely reasonably. I highly recommended
- Cumming's Plumbing Inc.I called Cummings in the morning and they were able to fit me in. We could not use our toilets and one had backed up. Anthony and Brandon called first before arriving. They were very professional and thorough. They went above and beyond to solve our problem and were able to fix it. Thank you.
- BOB'S SANITATIONWe have used this company the last 3 times. We called today in a panic needed it pumped and they came right out ..I will continue to use this company. Highly recommend.
- D & J Septic Services IncExcellent. Received a call back very promptly and appointment was set up quickly due to my concern re: shower drainage slowing. Danielle (the technician) was excellent -- dug 3' deep (twice)bholes to localize the openings, explained what she was doing and how the system worked. Great attitude and work ethic. Sounds like a great small company. I highly recommend them. Spent $455 - well worth it
- Bowen's Septic & Environmental ServicesInformative during the quoting phase, efficient work, friendly and knowledgeable technicians, communicated very well including a text reminder of the appointment and the technician called as he was on his way.
- Cumming's Plumbing Inc.Dan, the service person, was very efficient, professional and courteous, and did very good work. Thank you to Dan and Cumming Plumbing whom I highly recommend
- Cumming's Plumbing Inc.Our water heater was 20 years old and it was time for a new one. Cumming Plumbing scheduled me quickly. The day of installation they were running about 30 minutes late because of the customer before me but they had the courtesy to call me and let me know. Then they called on their way over, which I always appreciate. They removed our old 40 gallon tank and replaced it with a 50 gallon tank and a new CO vent in less than 2 hours. Brad is a very focused professional, knowledgable, and did a great job. He got right to work and didn't waste time. He was courteous and kept our wood floors covered so as not to damage them during transport of the water heater. There was no mess for me to clean up in the basement...just a new shiny water heater
Last update on August 25, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Dearborn, MI
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Dearborn Heights,
- Allen Park,
- Lincoln Park,
- Garden City,
- River Rouge,
- Highland Park,
- Oak Park,
- Pleasant Ridge,
- Huntington Woods
Septic Tank Contractors in Dearborn, MI
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- All Around 24/7 Plumbing & Heating2220 Queen St.
Dearborn, Michigan 48124
- All Around 24/7 Plumbing & Heating
- D & J Septic Services Inc11445 Chamberlain Dr
South Lyon, Michigan 48178
- DBC Company, Inc.46574 ERB DR
Macomb, Michigan 48042
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Diggit Contracting Inc8762 Harris Rd
Dexter, Michigan 48130
- Diversified Excavating LLC7810 Whittaker Rd
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
- Doran Excavating IncPO Box 141
Clarkston, Michigan 48347
- Drain Inspectors LLC22480 Milner St
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan 48081
- D & J Septic Services Inc
- FLETCHER INSPECTIONS LLC8991 AUSTIN RD
Saline, Michigan 48176
- FLETCHER INSPECTIONS LLC
- Inspectormike.com45090 Thornhill Ct
Canton, Michigan 48188
- M & M SEPTIC20515 HUGH ST
Livonia, Michigan 48152
- M & M SEPTIC
- Optimus Home Inspection LLC537 N Main
Chelsea, Michigan 48118
- Optimus Home Inspection LLC
- Reese & Reese Plumbing & Heating24890 Lois Ln
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan 48075
- Rooter MD Plumbing and Heating31675 W 8 Mile Road
Livonia, Michigan 48152
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup12898 Westmore Rd
Livonia, Michigan 48150
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup422 W Congress st Ste 330
Detroit, Michigan 48226
- Reese & Reese Plumbing & Heating
- Universal Septic Services2158 Pine Bluffs Ct
Highland, Michigan 48357
- Universal Septic Services
Septic tank companies that service Dearborn
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.