Deciding to add hardwood floors to your home isn’t a one-and-done process. There are some things you should know to make the most informed decision on the type of wood, finish, and style.
Get matched with top hardwood flooring companies in North Monmouth, ME
There are 5 highly-rated local hardwood flooring companies.
Recent Hardwood Floors Reviews in North Monmouth
- JCabido RemodelingThey gave me a fair price and did the work as promised. There were a few hiccups along the way as would be expected, but they were very fair about those and stood behind their work as promised to correct any issues. This is about all you can ask for, in my opinion, it is inevitable that hiccups occur on any big job. The important thing is how the company handles them. In this case, they resolved all issues. We sold the house and my understanding is that a problem came up with the new owners and that J. Cabido went back and fixed the problem at their cost. I would use them again
- FloorableVery efficient and respectful crew. Kept a clean job site the entire time. I would definitely hire them again. My floors came out amazing. Highly recommended.
- FloorableDid a great job from start to finish cleaned everything up and was in and out in a day very very great job would have him back in for sure polite very friendly will recommend him highly
- FloorableEverything was fine..Was on time and work was great..No funny business with cost or anything like...If you had any questions or concerns was willing to answer and make adjustments. Has a lot of experience in flooring and does the job the right way..
- Halldale BuildersWorking with the owner Glenn Couturier of Halldale Builders and his crew was a joy .. The were methodical in their approach to blending the new addition with the existing home. Reliable and ethical !! They were here every day.! Which to me says volumes. Started June 2014 ending Oct 2014. Glenn explained everything as the construction was in progress. From my vision and wish list to choosing building materials, ie new windows, doors, tile for the new bath room. He would share with us the work for the week .. keeping us informed every step of the way. If there was any issue he would let us know and we would talk it over. Another example of how very ethical he was .. He would always give us alternatives / options to make informed decisions. Glenn is a man of his word, his craftsmanship and attention to detail, all these qualities are what sets him apart from other contractors, in my humble opinion. Our forever home, our vision and dream is now a reality .. every detail, all the finishing touches from outside to inside .. is our dream come true. He is like family to us .. and his crew !! Respectfully, Rosanne Tartaro Chuck O'Donnell Owners
- Halldale BuildersWorking with Mr Couturier was a pleasure. We value his expertise and knowledge. He guided us thru out this process, yet, listened to our concerns, and he was always considerate of our budget. (which was greatly appreciated). Glenn's work is superior and his craftsmanship speaks for itself. He has vision and wonderful ideas. We have just completed Phase 1 of our project. as of March 2013. Looking forward to Phase 2 - addition of Master Bedroom Suite - addition of family/great room - addtion of 2 car garage - new porch / front of house We feel so very fortunate to have been introduced to Mr Couturier and working with him. Looking forward to Phase 2 and the completion of our project with him
- Halldale BuildersConsidering the amount of work involved (labor costs) we made the decision to demolish the existing structure. The house was not sound nor was it secured to the foundation. The foundation itself was in good shape. Glenn and his crew were amazing to work with. Glenn kept us appraised of the building progress for each step as well as costs involved. The Halldale crew, plumber and electrician were expert in their work as well as reasonable with cost. Keniston's Tile from Bangor did a truly beautiful job on the bathroom! We are now the excited proud owners of a beautiful home in Lincolnville. We are truly impressed with Glenn,s work ethic, job knowledge and expertise! Thank you Glenn
- Don Dickel Wood FloorsWent out to 5 companies and Abbi spent more time here on the estimate than the other 4 companies combined. Shes very professional and pays a lot of attention to everything. On that basis i got them to do the work and i'm incredibly happy and impressed and they will be doing the 2nd phase in early 2014.. best company out there as far as i'm concerne
- Richard's ConstructionRichard is a really great guy. He is very personable. He worked hard and made sure everything was done to our specifications. He was fine with us adding things on to the job. Very patient with us. He was there every day until the job was complete. A friend of mine also had him remodel her entryway room into a little sun room. She also was very happy with him and his work. We would recommend him highly
- New England Wood Flooring, Inc.It was a very smooth and slick process. He was very punctual and thoughtful. He is a great communicators and very easy to get along with. His demeanor was great. He is very skilled at his craft.
Hardwood Floor Contractors in North Monmouth
- Business Description:We specializing in the expert installation and refinishing of hardwood floors. With more than ten years experience serving our customers in Maine and the surrounding areas, D & T is dedicated to exceptional craftsmanship and outstanding customer service. Whether your job is big or small, D & T has the expertise to bring your dreams to realityRecent Review:DT Hardwood did an installation for us in 11/2020. They were prompt and did an exceptional job. We have oddly shaped rooms and thats where the attention to detail and focus on quality really shined through. They finished our living room, kitchen and hallway in under a day. Very pleased. If I replace any other floors, I'm going to use them againMATTHEW B.
- Business Description:Specialize in tile,custom showers,hardwood,LVT, VCT,carpet and laminate. Also bathroom and kitchen remodels. I have 12 years of experience in this business we are quick, clean, dependable and a fully insured business. Have referencesRecent Review:Very well. Work began sooner than expected and was completely done in 3 days! Very impressed! It looks great!Susan M.
- Business Description:I am a master carpenter who takes pride in his trade, with 30 years experience. Can fix everything in and around the home. I give reasonable estimates and build in a timely manor that fits with the client scheduleRecent Review:Michael Gardner and Gardner Construction rocked my project! I had a hideous and inconvenient concrete slab, and I wanted a deck. Michael recommended a way to build a deck over it and meet and exceed my goals, was there when he said he would be, and was under budget! I was very excited, and likely over communicated with him, and he always was responsive, kind and brought great ideas. He and his whole crew were a pleasure to work with and having them at the house was a pleasure. I love the end resultShannon K.
- Business Description:Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plansRecent Review:David’s team performed high-quality work on time and on budget. I highly recommend them!Nathan D.
- Business Description:With over 19 years of experience, Pro-Flooring takes pride in providing quality work that lasts for decades to come. We use a 5 step process that will refresh your carpets. Our company specializes in commercial and residential steam cleaning of tile & grout, carpet, upholstery and concrete slabs, as well as installing a wide variety of flooring (tile, hardwood, laminate, luxury vinyl tile, and vinyl). Call today for preferred schedulingRecent Review:They worked around my hours and very easy to work withKeith M.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:Elite Exteriors Roofing & Siding is a small, family-owned company. They pride themselves on their quality workmanship, attention to detail, installation warranties and, above all else, their customer service. They have been in the roofing, siding and, flooring industry themselves for almost 15 years. Although they are relatively new to Maine and, the Waterville area, they are not new to the trades. Their family makes the third generation of roofing and siding installation experts and their so..Recent Review:Better than expected! They matched up my siding color. Text me before and after pictures. And they communicated with me when there were product delays out of their control due to covid-19. I am very satisfied with them and their workShaun b.
- Business Description:Home Remodeling, BBB, Certified, Insured, Deposit required before start of all projects, bonuses for business referrals accepted.Recent Review:Electrical and plumbing were subcontracted and I have no complaint on their work. However for the work this contractor performed.....It started out okay, complimented his work... But by the time the last of the porch repair and the bathroom reno was completed I realised I had made a huge error of judgement. He insisted in starting the porch work in the fall and then over the winter. When the ground thawed in the spring and the supports no longer met the concrete footing blocks, he used rigid foam boards to shim the concrete blocks up to meet the posts. The floorboards had been removed and proper footings could have been sunk below the frost line, instead it had to be jury rigged and as the ground heave sin the winter and thaws back down, I expect it to be only a matter of time before the folly of this becomes apparent and I will have to get a competent contractor in to fix it. The bathroom was to have a radiant heat floor put in, but the system installed is not meant to be used in a wet room. There is baseboard heat with a pipe running through the floor and that was "sealed" with a piece of moulding and if there is any problem with the heater or the pipe breaks it is harder to get to, nevermind just being able to clean it. I was concerned over the floor system and he promised me that a letter would be coming from the manufacturer saying the system was safe as installed. I spoke to a company rep and they cannot sign off on an installation that they did not witness. So I am unable to recommend this contractor based on any sense I have of his integrity. I am back to using a space heater and When I am able to I will have to have the floor taken up and the correct system put in. There are numerous other minor things, such as the laminate floor being laid with no regard to the pattern on the boards so the same pattern piece was used 3 times next to each other. I did look up how to install this type of floor and found plenty of instructive videos saying how the boards are usually separated by pattern and then laid down in such a way to be random and give the illusion of real wood. The result on my floor does not demonstrate to me an attention to detail. The light over the shower, an upgraded ceiling fan, an additional outlet or two were all part of the plan but were never installed. There were assertions like a new outlet would have cost $400. I checked with the electrician myself and was told that was not the price they would charge and did not understand why that would have been quoted. When issues were raised it was mentioned that he had a lien on someone's house who didn't want to pay for their finished projects. So, there is a lot of work to redo and since the money isn't there I will have to live with things as they are for a while. Not the result I was expecting after 6 months (way beyond the estimated time) of work having been done and at no small expense. I will try to post photos to illustrate what I have mentioned aboveChrystine H.
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project)
Explore our Solution Center for helpful hardwood floor specialist articles
Do you have one damaged wood plank that throws off the whole floor? There's no need to call for a full floor replacement. Replacing single hardwood planks is both easier and more cost-effective than starting from scratch.
Refinishing your hardwood floors can be an overwhelming undertaking. Follow these steps to make sure you’ve fully prepared your flooring to be refinished before getting started on your floor renovations in order to avoid any mishaps down the line.
Find hardwood flooring companies in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
hardwood flooring companies in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Estabrook Builders23 fifth ave
- Estabrook Builders
- J & J Home Improvements18 Philbrick Rd
- J & J Home Improvements
- New Leaf Construction30 Commercial St P.O. Box 1083
- New Leaf Construction
- PARENTEAU'S FLOOR COVERINGS218 E MAIN ST
- Paul Jeffrey LLC160 brook street
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Pearl Contractors118 Moosehead Trail Suite #2
- Prestige Inc.109 Church Rd
- Pro-Flooring Installation & Cleaning Services LLC25 Parkview Ave
Livermore Falls, Maine
- PARENTEAU'S FLOOR COVERINGS
- Quarter Acre Construction494 Death Valley Rd
- Quarter Acre Construction
- Upright Building Services2061 Hallowell Rd .
- Upright Building Services
- Warmzone12637 S 265 W Suite 100