Aladdin Carpet & Floors

Founded 1986 • With Angi since September 2005

Established in 1986, Aladdin Carpet & Floors is a local and family owned business. Starting it's operation from a basement of town home in early 1986 by four brothers and one sister, they were able to open it's first small showroom on Quince Orchard Blvd in the same year. Since then, other family members have joined the company. Currently, Aladdin has a 40 thousands square feet distribution center in Hagerstown, Md, a showroom design center with attached warehouse in Rockville, MD and a showroom with detached warehouse in Gaithersburg, MD. Aladdin Carpet is licensed and services Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC. Aladdin Carpet also has an online store at aladdincarpetoutlet.com, launched in 2012. Aladdincapetoutlet.com offers over 2300 flooring products to clients throughout the United States and growing. Visit aladdincarpetreviews.com to read real reviews from past and current customers of Aladdin Carpet & Floors. PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR GAITHERSBURG LOCATION AS WELL AT: 7400-H Lindbergh Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Wood Floors

+55 more images

flooring (318)hardwood floors (160)carpet installation (143)tile installation (25)home remodeling (15)floor cleaning (13)cabinet makers (11)woodworking (5)plumbers (4)carpet cleaning (4)interior painting (3)countertop installation (2)

07/16/2022

Farra S.

Great experience with this company so far. Henry the project designer is very professional, friendly and knowledgeable!

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring

Category custom cabinets

Work Completed On 07/16/2022

06/14/2022

Michelle W.

Excellent job!! Henry was very prompt responding to my request for a quote. He showed up on time and was very professional and gave me a great price. Edgardo and his helper arrived on time on work day and did an amazing job and cleaned up afterwards. I never thought my floors could look this good again. Final results are amazing. I would definitely recommend Aladdin Carpet to everyone.

Description of Work
Sanding & Refinished Floors

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

Review for Aladdin Carpet & Floors - 12321 Parklawn Dr, Rockville, MD - 39766210

07/13/2021

Abbatti A.

The Gentleman Mr. Henry who came to give me a quote was very professional and knowldgable

Description of Work
Request a quote for Carpet replacement

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

05/01/2021

Ginny S.

We are very happy with the result. The flooring is just what we asked for. The hardwood matched perfectly to the hallway transition on the stairs. The installers were punctual and polite. They protected all the flooring that they needed to use to access the area. Henry came to our initial estimate and was very helpful in giving input on best way to tackle the stairs and landing areas to transition to the laminate flooring. We are very happy and would recommend Aladdin flooring to others and whenever we need other flooring projects completed.

Description of Work
Installed laminate wood in our basement family room. Installed carpeting on family room stairs. in addition, installed hardwood on the landing to our basement family room. The hardwood was matched to the upstairs hallway.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

03/08/2021

Ben F.

Henry came to the house to inspect the carpet. He responded to all our questions and walked us through our options. He was knowledgeable and honest, and we ultimately decided to restretvh the existing carpet rather than replace with a brand new one. The Aladdin team returned a couple weeks later to do the work professionally and at high quality. The only reason I gave everything “B” was due to some miscommunication between Henry in sales and the scheduling department that resulted in a one week delay.

Description of Work
Re-stretched basement carpet

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

01/29/2021

Kyle M.

Henry was thoughtful and helped us save a bunch of money on our project. He explained to us how our floor could be refinished and walked us through the process. Looking forward to completion!

Description of Work
Refinish Hardwood floors

Category custom cabinets, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

12/31/2020

Debbie R.

So far we have only experienced the sales portion of the job, but it was very positive. Mr. Henry at the Gaithersburg location was very helpful, attentive, and answered all of our questions. When he came to our home, he was on time, wore a mask, took off his shoes outside the house, and was careful and thoughtful about being in our home. He was detailed in his calculations and quote and gave us a good price and realistic expectations on the delivery and installation schedule during the pandemic. I would recommend Aladdin carpet.

Description of Work
Carpet in two bedrooms

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

12/29/2020

Marsha G.

It went extremely well. We had new flooring installed in our kitchen and foyer. At the Showroom, we worked with Nader Davari, who was very pleasant and very informative about the pros and cons of the different types of flooring that was available. He then came to the house to carefully measure all the distances, nooks and crannies that the installers would need to work on. The installer (Sergio) was extremely pleasant and hard-working, and the end result is fine: the flooring looks good and seems to be very level, and the house was left quite clean. We would certainly use Aladdin again for future renovations.

Description of Work
replace worn out flooring in kitchen and foyer

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

11/30/2020

Ashley A.

We recently had our floors redone in our home. Frank walked us through the whole process from picking out the tile to working with us to pick out finishes for the room. Frank's guidance was priceless and made the whole process stress free. All employees wore masks and we never felt unsafe. We are extremely happy with our new floors!

Description of Work
New Floors

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

11/03/2020

Reba C.

I had an excellent carpet shopping experience with Aladdin Carpet and Floors in Rockville, Maryland (Montgomery County-Maryland). Mr. Nadar Davari was an excellent salesman!!! He took a considerable amount of time to listen to me, and to understand my carpet needs in terms of quality and price. After considerable time examining many wool carpet rolls, I was able, with the professional advice of Mr. Davari - to select two large 100% wool carpets. The carpets were measured to ensure the highest level of installation and padding - which in turn provide elegance and noise reduction benefits for my large living/ dining room and master bedroom. Finally, the customer service, carpet delivery and installation were professional and reliable. I highly recommend Aladdin Carpet and Floors in Rockville, Maryland. But more important, I highly recommend Nadar Davari, who is an excellent and highly knowledgeable expert on carpet selection and purchasing! I will definitely buy more wool area carpets from Aladdin Carpet and Floors in the future!

Description of Work
I had to purchase and install large wool area carpets for my apartment.

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

10/05/2020

Darin H.

The salesman was personable and knowledgeable. The workman who came was a strong craftsman and did a great job.

Description of Work
i needed a small office tiled.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

09/12/2020

Johanna D.

Henry was very professional, kind, and accommodating. He came to the initial estimate appointment to get measurements on time and was courteous of our home and time. When we came to the showroom to select our floors he worked with us to find the most cost effective options for our lifestyle. He showed us a wide range of options and was transparent about his recommendations and pricing. He made the process very easy and enjoyable! Would recommend working with Henry for any project and will be coming back to him for our future home flooring projects.

Description of Work
Flooring installation

Work Completed On 09/12/2020

08/10/2020

Mari S.

UPDATED AS OF 08/21/2020: \ To begin, I have to change my rating for the price in my last review posted on August 10. I completely forgot the fact of Costo’s 10% automatic rebate and 2% additional rebate since we are the Gold Star Executive Member. If you are a Costco/Citibank VISA card holder, you will get 2% more. So, I should say the rating for the price is “A”! The carpet installation was done on July 29. On August 11, we had an unfortunate incident in the unit – water leak, and portion of the newly installed carpet and the pads got soaked. I called John Tangonan again. He immediately consulted with his supervisor, came to the condo for inspection, performed FaceTime with his supervisor while being on site, and gave us advice. His supervisor could give us the price for repair right away. We had to fix this issue quickly. Understanding our needs, John worked till late evening to communicate with his supervisor to bring commercial fans next day. Sergio delivered the fans next evening, after his long day of hard work. He set them up and lift the carpet so that the floor underneath gets dry. John again made an effort to schedule re-installment of the new pads and fix the carpet. Only three days after Sergio brought the fans, our condo was returned to a beautiful place to live. Their dedication and willingness to help customers are highly appreciated and deserve to be well praised! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The order was made through Costco, so selection was sort of limited. John Tangonan, Territory Manager of Aladdin Carpet & Floors came for the estimate one day. Learning more about our needs, he was willing to come back for the second day to bring more samples, which was a big plus. Not only he was kind, he also had depth of knowledge on carpet, and gave us estimates for other types of flooring (e.g. re-finishing of our existing flooring). Although the installation date was not first set up as we requested, the scheduler (Angela) called us right away when she found a cancellation. The installers were professional, gave us some advice, etc. John was very responsive; he always responded to our question, at least in a day. Over all, we are satisfied.

Description of Work
Carpet replacement/installation

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

Review for Aladdin Carpet & Floors - 12321 Parklawn Dr, Rockville, MD - 38810211

08/01/2020

Ruth K.

Henry came to our house, he was very polite, professional, and knowledgeable. He gave us an all inclusive price for the work before he left. We are still collecting bids at this time, but we were very impressed with Henry and his knowledge.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring install, refinish & repair other hardwood floors.

Category custom cabinets, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

07/16/2020

FRANCES S.

Henry was extremely helpful! He was punctual, polite and professional. I was given many options. He did measurements in my home, he wore a mask, used hand sanitizer, didn’t wear shoes in my home. He did a beautiful drawing for measurements. I met him at the showroom and we picked out what I needed. Great quality and grate price.

Description of Work
Carpet in bedrooms

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

06/10/2020

James K.

We had water damage in our basement from a recent storm. We've been bouncing from contractor to contractor looking for someone who can fix all of the damage to our floors and walls from the storm. Henry came by and gave us good advice and good suggestions. The best part of his visit was that he could provide services to solve all of our repair needs and we do not need to hire individual contractors for various tasks. Hopefully we'll hear back from Aladdin soon with an estimate and they will be able to do this work quickly.

Description of Work
Met with Henry Z for an estimate

Category carpet cleaners, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

06/05/2020

JP C.

We received an estimate from Aladdin. While we did not end up choosing this company, I wanted to write a review of the estimate experience. David arrived on time, was very professonal and courteous. He provided a detailed, complete quote very quickly. He was friendly and helpful throughout the experience, and I'd highly recommend this company based on the estimate process alone. I wish every company were this good.

Description of Work
Replacement of carpet

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

05/12/2020

Alesis T.

While their estimate was good and they were very nice, it was on the higher side.

Description of Work
Would like to replace carpet in two bedroom condo. Carpet space ~550 square feet. Includes two small stairs in the living room.

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

02/29/2020

Mary H.

Very pleased with result. I like to use local businesses so returned to Aladdin in Gaithersburg for a second time. Henry came to our home and measured and was polite and respectful, even removing his shoes at the front door.I shopped at other places as well as the big box stores. We were hoping to find a company to do the carpeting but also replace the old baseboards as well as the trim around all the upstairs doors and stairs. Aladdin was the only one who delivered all. I believe the TileCenter is their sister company, and Carlos removed all the old trim, installed the new and also painted all of it. Next day Sergio came with his assistant, removed all the old carpet and padding, then cleaned up before installing the beautiful textured carpet, including runners for the stairs. They were cleaning up as they went along, and moved a couple of pieces of furniture out the way. The transition from each room and hallway is seamless. The carpet has a contemporary flair with some texture in a light, neutral taupe. We would highly recommend Aladdin Carpet & Floors

Description of Work
Replacing carpet as well as all bedroom, hallway and stairways baseboard and trim

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

Review for Aladdin Carpet & Floors - 12321 Parklawn Dr, Rockville, MD - 38417608

02/05/2020

Andrew F.

We would highly recommend Aladdin Carpet and Floors for their excellent work installing wall-to-wall carpeting in three rooms of our home, and an Oriental-patterned runner on two sets of stairs and the landings that connected the stairs. Specifically, we would also like to single out their carpet installer, Sergio, for his hard work and exacting and artistic standards. Sergio, was very precise in all of his work and did a beautiful job on all of the above mentioned projects. We were particularly impressed with the work he did in laying the patterned runners. The runners could not simply be put down in a straight line, but had to be geometrically measured, precisely cut and pieced together to have the finished product be continuous. With the two sets of stairs and the right-angle turns, it would have been very noticeable if the pattern had not been matched properly. Sergio’s very exacting work gave us a beautiful stairway!

Description of Work
wall-to-wall carpeting and an Oriental-patterned runner on stairs

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

08/27/2019

Becky B.

The whole process could not have gone better. After gathering four estimates there was no question that the best value for my money was going to be with Aladdin/Costco. Mr. Majid Zamani was sent to estimate my project. And he rates excellent with his concern for me as a customer, wanting to satisfy my carpeting needs within the price point I had in mind. He arrived punctually, listened and then provided samples as well as advice, thereby assuring that what I needed to have happen, could. He took the vital and accurate measurements as well as coordinate the payment process and install--all within my specified time frame. There was a minor 'hiccup' by a different staff contact, but a quick call to Mr. Samani and all was correct. He represents the company well with his professionalism, accuracy and apparent knowledge. He adds the reassurance of giving his phone contact and answers any calls promptly and with resolve. Sergio Portillo and assistant arrived very prompt on the assigned day of install and were completely courteous, efficient and together they handled removal of old and install of the new carpet. The few times I glimpsed the project as they worked, Mr. Portillo was glad to explain and answer any questions I had. He and his assistant cleaned (vacuumed) up the unavoidable bits of carpet tufts and overall provided an outstanding service. Efficient, quick and beautiful when completed.

Description of Work
replace entire second floor hallway carpet and stairs

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

08/14/2019

Henri S.

We had nothing but the best experience with this company. Henry, the salesperson, came to our home and was super professional. He even told us, if we joined Costco, we could get an additional 10% discount off the already low price for a Shaw luxury vinyl floor for our Bowie home. The carpet store down the street wanted an additional $1,200 over the before-Costco price. No brainer. The installation crew under Edgardo was top notch. Estimated time was 2.5 days, they did it in 1.5. Super pros fitted everything perfectly. No complaints. We would recommend Aladdin Carpet and Floors / Costco to anyone.

Description of Work
Luxury Vinyl Flooring

Work Completed On 07/22/2019