If you’re looking to repair an old piece of furniture, it’s important to know the difference between restoration and refinishing. Find out what you can expect from the differing processes.
Get matched with top furniture refinishers in North Monmouth, ME
There are 1 highly-rated local furniture refinishers.
Recent Furniture Refinishing Reviews in North Monmouth
- Customer Furniture RefinisherChris Erickson is a miracle worker! I thought my antique table was beyond repair but Chris restored it to its original beauty. He was wonderful to work with and came the same day that I called him. He is pleasant, professional and obviously an excellent craftsman. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an outstanding furniture repair/restore person
- Abe's Furniture RepairExcellent. Abe picked up the tables right a way; finished them wonderfully; and had them back to us within a few days.
- Viking Upholstery and RefinishingTo replace my chairs it would have cost $1500 per chair, so I thought I would have them recovered. I emailed pictures of my chairs to Steen Boldsen and we talked about the job. He made some excellent suggestions regarding fabrics. He rebuilt the chairs before recovering them and added nail heads. Now I have two new chairs! I am very happy with his work and I would highly recommend Steen to anyone looking to recover their furniture
- Bouchard Cleaning & Restoration, Inc.they told me they would be over at 8:30 am on Thursday and the were right on time. They did an outstanding job and I think the orice was very reasonable.
Furniture Repair Specialists in North Monmouth
- Business Description:Backshore Home Improvement, owned and operated by David Clough, is a full-line interior/exterior home remodeling contractor. We pride ourselves on quality and detailed craftmanship to improve your living environments. No project is too big or too small, please contact us to discuss your remodeling plansRecent Review:David’s team performed high-quality work on time and on budget. I highly recommend them!Nathan D.
- Business Description:Started by Paul Freeman, a lifetime collector of Arts and Crafts period textiles, Archive Edition offers reproductions of a hand selected collection of the finest Arts and Crafts textiles discovered throughout his lifetime. Archive Edition Textiles are copywrited reproductions of authentic Arts and Crafts patterns using modern materials. In 2014, Freeman partnered with Karl Eulberg, an executive in the furniture industry and lifetime fan and collector of Arts & Crafts. Eulberg brings a backg..Recent Review:It hasn't gone. Have you not read several previous reviews???Gene P M.
- Business Description:Home Remodeling, BBB, Certified, Insured, Deposit required before start of all projects, bonuses for business referrals accepted.Recent Review:Electrical and plumbing were subcontracted and I have no complaint on their work. However for the work this contractor performed.....It started out okay, complimented his work... But by the time the last of the porch repair and the bathroom reno was completed I realised I had made a huge error of judgement. He insisted in starting the porch work in the fall and then over the winter. When the ground thawed in the spring and the supports no longer met the concrete footing blocks, he used rigid foam boards to shim the concrete blocks up to meet the posts. The floorboards had been removed and proper footings could have been sunk below the frost line, instead it had to be jury rigged and as the ground heave sin the winter and thaws back down, I expect it to be only a matter of time before the folly of this becomes apparent and I will have to get a competent contractor in to fix it. The bathroom was to have a radiant heat floor put in, but the system installed is not meant to be used in a wet room. There is baseboard heat with a pipe running through the floor and that was "sealed" with a piece of moulding and if there is any problem with the heater or the pipe breaks it is harder to get to, nevermind just being able to clean it. I was concerned over the floor system and he promised me that a letter would be coming from the manufacturer saying the system was safe as installed. I spoke to a company rep and they cannot sign off on an installation that they did not witness. So I am unable to recommend this contractor based on any sense I have of his integrity. I am back to using a space heater and When I am able to I will have to have the floor taken up and the correct system put in. There are numerous other minor things, such as the laminate floor being laid with no regard to the pattern on the boards so the same pattern piece was used 3 times next to each other. I did look up how to install this type of floor and found plenty of instructive videos saying how the boards are usually separated by pattern and then laid down in such a way to be random and give the illusion of real wood. The result on my floor does not demonstrate to me an attention to detail. The light over the shower, an upgraded ceiling fan, an additional outlet or two were all part of the plan but were never installed. There were assertions like a new outlet would have cost $400. I checked with the electrician myself and was told that was not the price they would charge and did not understand why that would have been quoted. When issues were raised it was mentioned that he had a lien on someone's house who didn't want to pay for their finished projects. So, there is a lot of work to redo and since the money isn't there I will have to live with things as they are for a while. Not the result I was expecting after 6 months (way beyond the estimated time) of work having been done and at no small expense. I will try to post photos to illustrate what I have mentioned aboveChrystine H.
- Business Description:Liberty Bell Moving & Storage Is a Coast To Coast Full Service Moving Company Affiliated With American Red Ball World Wide Movers. We Have Professional, Local Maine Movers Who Are Friendly, Courteous And Efficient. Looking For Storage? We Can Provide You Long Or Short Term Storage In Our 20,000 Square Foot Heated Facility. Packing Materials Are Available For Your Move And If You Need Assistance We Can Pack Your Belongings And Store Whatever You Don’t Have Space For. So Give Us a RingRecent Review:Where do I start! We hired Liberty Bell moving for a house move about 10 miles away. They showed up and the 4 men were very nice. But we walked through the house and we told them everything that was going. Like in our dining room and living room, it was everything except a table. Well, they left 2 of the biggest items behind, a very heavy entertainment center and a very heavy sitting area/coat rack. Then they tried to take apart a brand new treadmill, but said they forgot their tools. So we had to borrow tools from the neighbors. But then they stripped down the bolt so it couldn’t be taken apart, couldn’t be moved and now is in the house and the $1200 treadmill we cant move because they didn’t have tools. We had just spent over $5000 to paint the house and they destroyed 3 walls, huge gouges and skuff marks. We will have to hire the painter to come back as the house is sold and the walls look terrible. They spent 3 hours at the house loading stuff, 1 full hour they worked on the treadmill which should have been a 5 minute job, but they didn’t have the tools. They closed the truck and said they would meet us after lunch break at the new house. I had been outside with the animals and walked in to find all the stuff they left, I ran out, but they were gone. They should have walked through with me to make sure they got everything. They showed up at the new house about an hour and a half later. They unpacked and left about 2 hours later. We undid a TV and it was smashed, looked like a perfect partial handprint on the top of the screen. It was a 2 month old TV and its destroyed. I wish I had looked at the reviews ahead of time. We have reached out to the company asking about the destroyed walls, even the crew said they would share the pictures with the office as they damaged the walls and admitted it. We had to hire someone else to move the larger items they “forgot”. We cant move our new treadmill because they stripped the bolt down because they came unprepared for the move and tried to use things other then the right tools. And now our new TV is destroyed. Do not recommend at all, they have refused to write back or call. They charged me over $400 for time they took during their 1 3/4 hour lunch break. Very disappointing. The owner continually harasses and attacks clients, check out all the FB reviews. He threatens you if you leave a truthful review. They have the Angies List icon on top, thought we could trust that. So disappointing. Check the messages and texts from the owner demeaning clientsJason C.
- Business Description:Chairs and canoe seats caned or re-caned at reasonable prices.
- Business Description:We are Maine’s relocation specialists offering moving, delivery, and item removal services. We understand that each move is unique. Our promise is to help you every step of the way. Our services are designed with you in mind, tailor-made to fit your budget, time, and your specific needs. By offering a personalized experience, you can rest assured that your belongings will be in good hands.
- Business Description:Western Maine Pressure Washing is a full service pressure washing and wood restoration company. We service all of Maine, White Mountain Region Of New Hampshire. We wash wood, vinyl, concrete, stucco, stainless, commercial, residential. We take all major credit cards
- Business Description:Located just 35 Miles from Bangor in Dover Foxcroft in Central Maine, TABMAT WOODWORKING is focused on providing high-quality solid wood furniture and kitchen cabinets usually well below retail prices. All items are handmade with attention to detail and functionality as well as style. We can make almost any wood item you request to meet your exact specifications and needs, and encourage your inquiries. If you are looking for furniture or cabinets to add eye appeal and utility to any room i..
- Business Description:Specializing in old home/building restoration at a reasonable rate. General carpentry services as well.Recent Review:Dan Mitchell/River Road Restoration has done exceptional work for us for several years. He has extensive knowledge of antique houses/historic properties, and we trust his judgment always. His advice for current and future maintenance of our historic property is invaluable. <br /Janet D.
- Business Description:We are a family owned business serving Maine communities for over 30 years. We are a member of DKI, the largest contracting network in North America. As a member of DKI, we can call on other DKI companies to assist us with large losses when necessary. All DKI members have to adhere to strict guidelines ensuring the same great service abilitiesRecent Review:they told me they would be over at 8:30 am on Thursday and the were right on time. They did an outstanding job and I think the orice was very reasonable. <br />terry g.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful furniture repair specialist articles
Wear and tear can damage even high-end leather furniture. Leather sofas can often be greatly improved with a little conditioner and some TLC. This guide breaks down what you need to know in order to bring your leather couch back to its former glory.
Just like humankind, furniture styles have grown and adapted in limitless ways throughout history. From ancient times to the modern era, find out how your ancestors furnished their spaces to make them feel at home.
Find furniture refinishers in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
furniture refinishers in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Archive Edition Inc12575 Crenshw Blvd
- Archive Edition Inc
- Faucher's Home Improvement494 Quaker Road
- Faucher's Home Improvement
- Paul Jeffrey LLC160 brook street
Manchester, New Hampshire
- Paul Jeffrey LLC
- Vacationland Moving17 Osprey Ter
- Vacationland Moving
- Western Maine Pressure Washing80 stanley hill road
- Western Maine Pressure Washing