Milk paint and chalk paint are two popular paint types that give wood an antique, distressed look. While they’re similar in appearance, there are a few key differences to consider. Learn whether milk paint vs. chalk paint is ideal for your next project.
Get matched with top furniture refinishers in Brookline, MA
There are 31 highly-rated local furniture refinishers.
Recent Furniture Refinishing Reviews in Brookline
- Restorers Without BordersRestorers Without Borders did beautiful, high quality work on our dining table and chairs. A fresh finish and new upholstery makes such a difference! I would recommend this premium service for special pieces of furniture that are worth an investment in quality craftsmanship.
- Restorers Without BordersFantastic! The team at RWB is excellent! They promptly called me back when I submitted an email inquiry initially, kept me updated on progress, and met my deadline due to moving out of state. They also helped me with delivery to my new home. The piece is beautiful and I can’t thank them enough!
- Restorers Without BordersRestorers without Borders has been my go-to shop in the Boston area for all my furniture restoration needs. For several years, they’ve been restoring my family’s antiques: including a Victorian era upholstered and mahogany chair, a 1950s wood card table and leaf, antique Japanese nesting side tables I found on the sidewalk. And the latest item was my grandmother’s dresser and mirror that was no kinder attached. They built a new frame for the mirror to attach to the dresser. The results are absolutely beautiful! The team really understands the inherent beauty of furniture. Their masterful work truly restores - brings back to life - these loved pieces so they have a second life. I am so grateful to have found Afonso, Jeff, Paul, and everyone at the workshop. I can’t recommend them enough! read less
- Restorers Without BordersI am so pleased with the work done to restore my antique French gold curio cabinet and Windsor chair. Both pieces had significant damage with injury to structure and finish as a result of time and use. To see them brought back to their original beauty and function is thrilling. I have trusted Jeff, Alphonso, and staff at Restorers Without Borders with my family treasures for years and each time they amaze me. Thank you read less
- John BarryAwesome! John contacted me one day after my request! He came to my home picked up the chair and had it returned just a few days later! I was impressed with his quick turn around and the quality of the work! Thank you John!
- Restorers Without BordersMy solid oak early-20th century dresser was in disrepair -- drawers fell out, finish was faded from being in the sun... The guys from Restorers Without Borders communicated well from the beginning about their process and I was really pleased with the results. They came to my home, gave me an estimate, picked up my dresser, and delivered it back to me a few weeks later in beautiful condition. They even carried the dresser up 3 flights of stairs. (Thank you Afonso!!! read less
- Restorers Without BordersI'm a return client because of the quality of work, value for price and level of artistry when working on my furniture. The best service ever.
- Restorers Without BordersProfessional, competent, and accommodating. The final products exceeded expectations. Highly recommend and will use again for future projects!
- Restorers Without BordersThe finished project is beautiful. The piece brings a lot of childhood memories. The price is high, however, you have skilled craftsmen working on your piece - no shortcuts.
- Restorers Without BordersI was extremely impressed with the woodworking team. They were very knowledgeable and the attention to detail was impeccable! I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to restore and repair a special piece of furniture that has personal meaning and plan to hire them again!
Furniture Repair Specialists in Brookline
- Business Description:Mike, Founder & Owner of Furniture Refinishing Services, has over 22 Years of Industry Experience • Mike has built his reputation one project at a time, with endless personal attention to detail and each client's individual desire • Furniture Refinishing Services prides itself on High Quality work, NOT Quantity and we will never be satisfied until our clients are 100% Satisfied - We GUARANTEE it! • The longstanding relationships we have with our customers are a result of our dedication to Qua.. read lessRecent Review:I contacted this business both through the email and phone several times over multiple weeks. No response was received to any inquiry.Barbara M.
- Business Description:Owner Operator. Cost determined hourly and by job for bigger jobs. . $65.00 service call.Recent Review:It went well. He made the best out of a very difficult jobJohn C.
- Business Description:COMPLETE woodworking services. Structural repairs to all types of damaged wood furniture items. Stripping and refinishing of wood surfaces. Painting and gold-leafing. Caning and rushing on chairs. Reupholstery. FURNITURE REPAIR PRICE ESTIMATES: $0 if client brings item to our workshop Drop-offs: 10 to 4 (Mon thru Fri) by appointment $100: for on-site house visit within 30 minutes commute time from Brookline workshop). NOTE: On-site house visit fee is deducted from bill if .. read lessRecent Review:Restorers Without Borders did beautiful, high quality work on our dining table and chairs. A fresh finish and new upholstery makes such a difference! I would recommend this premium service for special pieces of furniture that are worth an investment in quality craftsmanship. read lessAmanda H.
- Business Description:In business since 1987. Servicing area piano dealers and furniture stores.I have several piano technicians I work with. References upon request.Recent Review:Awesome! John contacted me one day after my request! He came to my home picked up the chair and had it returned just a few days later! I was impressed with his quick turn around and the quality of the work! Thank you John read lessPatty B.
- Business Description:Spark Co. established in 1974. Phone (781) 449-9633 Need a computer desk your own size? Don't like mass produced entertainment centers? In a search of a special bookshelf? Can not find a dresser or appropriate storage solution? Go custom! - Make your own design. - Choose your own wood. - Create your own dimensions. - Select the finish you like. With all choices made by you this will make your furniture being a pleasure to use. Licensed unrestricted construction supervisor skilled in .. read lessRecent Review:Boris went way beyond normal to help me with this project. His attention to detail, helpful suggestions, reasonable price and beautiful finished project made this a very successful project. I would highly recommend him read lessSusan R.
- Business Description:2016 and 2017 Editors' Choice Winner Northshore Magazine quote: In a culture where so much gets thrown away, it’s refreshing that Second Life’s main purpose and passion is breathing new life into furniture. Working with both antique and contemporary pieces, Second Life’s ethos is to restore pieces that people intend to keep forever. Customers trust Second Life’s for all their restoration needs, including upholstery, refinishing, caning and repair. See some of their work up close at Harvard’s .. read lessRecent Review:Joe was excellent. He'd refinished the leaves for the same table before, and when a house guest accidentally cracked one of the table's wings over the holidays, he was my first call. He came to the house, assessed the situation, took the table back to his shop, and returned it very quickly, within 1-2 weeks. The pickup/dropoff service was great, as I only have a sedan. His price was very reasonable - around $450, all in. Would highly recommend his work and wouldn't hesitate to hire him again read lessjennifer y.
- Business Description:For us at Seven Moving, customer care and satisfaction is the primary goal. Each move is planned and coordinated to each individual budget and needs. Our staff are highly trained and have many years experience ensuring that your belongings will be well taken care of read lessRecent Review:I was a little nervous hiring these guys because I didn't know anyone who had used them before. I'm so glad I hired them. They showed up right on time, were friendly, and worked super efficiently. The final price came in at the low end of what I was quoted upfront. They really hustled but also packed everything well, as nothing was damaged. It took about 5 hours from start to finish. I will definitely be using them for my next move read lessJohn G.
- Business Description:Home Improvement Services We give full attention to our clients’ needs and desired results. It is YOUR home and we work for YOU! The lack of respect and consideration all too common in the industry will not be found here. We are a proudly family-owned business that strives for your satisfaction. Focused on building reputation, as well as relationships, and we are available to you before, during, and after the job is done. Over 22 years experience, licensed/insured, and w.. read lessRecent Review:Handyman was a nice professional and did work well and cleaned up all the wood and debris. I called him the next day and he said he would come back and fix it but he never did!Edward N.
- Business Description:A premier home improvement company dedicated to customer service, cleanliness, and fine craftsmanship. For services that we do not offer but are part of the scope, we use our subcontractors who have the same values as DWC. We offer specialty services such as furniture restoration and refinishing, CNC services for curved and intricate work and resource several reputable lumber, hardware and millwork companies read lessRecent Review:This is the second project for which we've hired DesignWorks, and once again, we were very happy with the experience. We did a major kitchen remodel, which included removing a structural wall, and finishing our dining room as well. Paul and his crew did excellent, quality work, and we got exactly what we paid for, with no surprises. The end result is beautiful, with zero regrets. Punctuality only gets a B because we had some delays on the tail-end largely due to a subcontractor. Excellent job read lessBrian M.
- Business Description:We are Boston/metro-West’s superior Refacing company, committed to excellence, with experience and Angie’s List Reviews to back it up. Most jobs completed in 2-3 days by our employees (not sub-contractors). We developed a company-wide initiative to change the way our customers experience Home Improvement: “Trustpoints”. If you are ready to change your kitchen from ordinary to extraordinary contact us today. Cost is determined by the job. See our website www.kitchentuneup.com/newton-ma for a.. read lessRecent Review:My refaced cabinets are beautiful; I can't tell the difference between them and new cabinets. Everyone who worked on this project was a pleasure to deal with. Allen helped with design of other elements of the kitchen, as well as cabinets. He is a great source of information and ideas. Mike took care of the ordering and installation, which went beautifully. Darren, Cam, and Joe, who did the installation, were friendly and pleasant, and they cleaned up completely at the end of each day. They were kind and patient when I agonized over hardware size and placement. I only wish they did other kinds of projects, because I would hire them for everything. I give them my highest recommendation read lessMarie K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful furniture repair specialist articles
There are many types of paint that can stand up to the elements, but whether they will work well for your outdoor furniture depends on your furniture’s material. This guide will help you decide which paint is best for your project.
Many people confuse the words rattan and wicker and use them interchangeably. Although similar, there are differences. Before shopping for new rattan furniture, you’ll want to read this guide to learn about rattan and how it may differ from wicker.
Find furniture refinishers in
- Brookline Village
- Chestnut Hill
- Jamaica Plain
- Newton Center
- Newton Highlands
- West Roxbury
- West Newton
- Newton Upper Falls
- South Boston
furniture refinishers in Brookline
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1776 RESTORATIONS61 GERTRUDE ST
- 1776 RESTORATIONS
- Abe's Furniture Repair62 Bencliffe Cir
- Ac-Cue-Rate Billiards87 Bridge St
Pelham, New Hampshire
- ACE Handyman Services of Greater Boston401 Lowell St Ste 2
- Adamo Stone Design296 Freeport St
- Ads On Wheels, Inc.10 Cotton Rd
Nashua, New Hampshire
- AFM Carpentry corp.668 Robbins ave #13
- Ageless Artistry44 Prichard St # 5
- Al the Painter, LLC9 Bonazzoli Ave Suite 22
- Alaa 76 Broadway
- All Pro Quality Painting103 B Taralli Ter
- allproqualitypainting103 Taralli Ter apt b
- Alp Wood Refinishing and Cabinetry185 W Main St 01568
- Anderson Painting Co.182 Summit Ave Apt 2
- Andrade Brothers LLCPO Box 689 6 Main Street
Newfields, New Hampshire
- Anthony George Paints36 FAIRWAY LN
- ANTHONY'S FURNITURE REPAIR & RESTORATION180 ELM ST
- Anthony's Hardwood Floors85 Marshall St
- ANTIQUE ROADHOUSE700 Washington St. opposite Bank of America
- Archive Edition Inc12575 Crenshw Blvd
- ASPECTS OF WOOD INC49 ASHCROFT RD
- ATLANTIC BRIDGE FURNITURE CO574 BOSTON AVE
- Atlantic Office Furniture Liquidators29 Bennett St
- Attleboro Kitchen and Bath1 Park Street
- ATTWILL FURNITURE CO131 ESSEX ST.
- Abe's Furniture Repair
- Barra Building99 Bigelow St
- Beatrice Kahn Interiors17 Madison St
- Beautiful Finish LLCPO Box 1112 172 Willow Street
- BellCastro Furniture Restoration77 WESTECH DRIVE
- Biocare Home Improvement75 Middlesex Ave
- Blackstone Furniture Restorers26 Henshaw St
- Bloom Window Fashions694 Mt Auburn St
- Braveheart Moving & Delivery59 stafford st #2
- BRAYTONS CUSTOM UPHOLSTERY4281 WASHINGTON ST
- Braz Remodeling USA6r Salem st AP 02
- BuildIT120 Robbs Hill Road
- BURMA DESIGN ANTIQUE RESTORATION & CONSERVATION65 Sprague Street EAST Bldg. 2nd Floor, Hyde Park Artists area
- Barra Building
- Calico Corners11 Enon Street
- CamCo Home and Garden Services, LLC13 Florida Road A
- Carl W Evans Woodworker27 Thurston St
- Carl W Stinson Inc293 Haverhill St
- Carpentry Consultants394 Ocean Avenue
- Chandler Wood Furnishings92 Line St
- CHARLES RIVER MOVERS71 Felton St
- Classic Upholstery434 Main St
- CODEpliance, Inc.P.O. Box 850129
- COLONIAL FINISH300 OAK ST
- ColorWorks Home ImprovementPO Box 395
- Comstock Woodworking7 Bay Rd
NORTH EASTON, Massachusetts
- Connolly Ironworks 9 Coral Ave
- Convenient Contracting345 Border St
East Boston, Massachusetts
- Create Marine188 Massapoag Ave
- Crimson Upholstering175 North St
- Custom Upholstery Services584 R waverly st
- Calico Corners
- Dave Legge Construction12 Church St
- Dave's Furniture Repair89 Lowell Rd
- David S Edgerly44 Blake St Unit-1
- DEDHAM FURNITURE RESTORERS10 AMES ST
- DesignWorks Company98 Marlborough Rd
- Deveau Painting171 Old Cambridge Rd
- Dias and Costa40 Cochituate Rd
- Diningroom Showcase Inc1220 Boylston St Rte 9
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- Duraclean Master Cleaners91 Maple St #4
- Dave Legge Construction
- FALVEY FINISHING CO111 BOSTON ST
- Fashions by Tamara1062 Main St
- Fibrenew of Northeast Boston14 Malden Street Pk
- Fine Furniture Repair and Restoration942 Main St
- Fix it Manny215 California St
- Form & Function Designs, LLC640 Oxford St. South
- Foster Custom Furniture78 Pleasant St
- Furbinos Painting10 Canton Ave
- FURNITURE CONCEPTS7 Cross St
- FURNITURE DOCTOR RESTORATION54 RUGGLES ST
- Furniture Finishing Associates395 Donohue Rd. #19
- Furniture Medic by Bella Furniture and Restoration286 Park Street
North Reading, Massachusetts
- FURNITURE R & R70 Split Rock Way
- Furniture Refinishing6 Dunham Rd
- Furniture Services By Rick Wells15 Plymouth Rd
- FALVEY FINISHING CO
- HDF Painting Inc10 Orchard Rd
- High Definition Painting Inc19 high st
- High End Master Craftmanship Group60 Greenwood Ave
- Horizon Interiors LLC150-J NEW BOSTON ST
- HUB LEATHER REPAIR35 Tripp Street
- HDF Painting Inc
- J, J, & K Carpentry220 Wood Ave
Hyde Park, Massachusetts
- Jack The Liquidator291 Shasta St.
Manchester, New Hampshire
- JAZ Building and Remodeling LLC4 Minute Man Drive
- JBL PaintingPO Box 664
- Jesse Norton Finish Carpentry & Painting102 Washington St.
- jmb furnitureworks powered by Furniture Medic13 East st
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
- J, J, & K Carpentry