Restorers Without Borders

Furniture - Refinishing & Repair Project

Furniture - Refinishing & Repair Project

furniture refinishing
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

COMPLETE woodworking services. Structural repairs to all types of damaged wood furniture items. Stripping and refinishing of wood surfaces. Painting and gold-leafing. Caning and rushing on chairs. Reupholstery. FURNITURE REPAIR PRICE ESTIMATES: $0 if client brings item to our workshop Drop-offs: 10 to 4 (Mon thru Fri) by appointment $100: for on-site house visit within 30 minutes commute time from Brookline workshop). NOTE: On-site house visit fee is deducted from bill if 'RWB' staff does the work Furniture pick-up & re-delivery available (at a fee) Repair jobs done in woodworking workshop and not at client home...

4.2

furniture refinishing (669)upholstery (19)woodworking (4)general contractors (12)house painting (2)door installation (1)

12/21/2021

Candance S.

Fantastic. Great work and wonderful service. Highly recommend. Thank You.

Description of Work
Upholstering - General

Category upholstery,antiques

Work Completed On 12/25/2021

12/14/2021

Stephanie C.

Excellent work, beautifully repaired a cherished dining table! Very polite and timely!

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

Work Completed On 12/22/2021

11/15/2021

Deborah L.

This summer I had a French Curio Cabinet restored along with a gold leaf guilted frame. The workmanship on these items is amazing. I appreciated how they were preserved as antiques and brought back to life. Restorers Without Borders crew moved the glass cabinet from Wellesley to their shop and then delivered it to me in Maine. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Gold leaf repair to Glass Curio Cabinet and Antique Wood Frame

Category contractors,furniture repair,antiques

Work Completed On 11/15/2021

Review for Restorers Without Borders - 361 Boylston St, Brookline, MA - 39543588

11/10/2021

Heather A.

I am so happy I found these guys. My beautiful walnut, mid-century bureau is reborn! Gorgeous work. From the moment I contacted RWB, they were responsive, friendly, VERY professional, on time (not just for the appointments and delivery but for the entire project!) These guys really love what they do. No snobbery, no upselling, just expert craftsmen who love bringing old pieces back to life. HIGHLY recommend them. I'll never use anyone else.

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

10/21/2021

Alice B.

Restorers Without Borders did a wonderful job refinishing a dining room table and repairing, refinishing, and re-upholstering 2 dining chairs, 2 side chairs, and an ottoman. Besides being first-rate artisans, they are honest, transparent, and responsive -- a pleasure to deal with at every stage of the process.

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair, Re-upholstering

Work Completed On 10/21/2021

10/11/2021

Joe K.

We had two pieces of furniture refinished. They did a fantastic job incredible attention to detail. One of the pieces had been in my wife’s family for over a hundred years now it will be with us for 100 more!!!!

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

Work Completed On 10/14/2021

09/17/2021

Amanda H.

Restorers Without Borders did beautiful, high quality work on our dining table and chairs. A fresh finish and new upholstery makes such a difference! I would recommend this premium service for special pieces of furniture that are worth an investment in quality craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

Work Completed On 09/17/2021

09/12/2021

Elizabeth O.

Fantastic! The team at RWB is excellent! They promptly called me back when I submitted an email inquiry initially, kept me updated on progress, and met my deadline due to moving out of state. They also helped me with delivery to my new home. The piece is beautiful and I can’t thank them enough!

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

09/09/2021

Tara T.

Restorers without Borders has been my go-to shop in the Boston area for all my furniture restoration needs. For several years, they’ve been restoring my family’s antiques: including a Victorian era upholstered and mahogany chair, a 1950s wood card table and leaf, antique Japanese nesting side tables I found on the sidewalk. And the latest item was my grandmother’s dresser and mirror that was no kinder attached. They built a new frame for the mirror to attach to the dresser. The results are absolutely beautiful! The team really understands the inherent beauty of furniture. Their masterful work truly restores - brings back to life - these loved pieces so they have a second life. I am so grateful to have found Afonso, Jeff, Paul, and everyone at the workshop. I can’t recommend them enough!!

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

09/04/2021

Deborah L.

I am so pleased with the work done to restore my antique French gold curio cabinet and Windsor chair. Both pieces had significant damage with injury to structure and finish as a result of time and use. To see them brought back to their original beauty and function is thrilling. I have trusted Jeff, Alphonso, and staff at Restorers Without Borders with my family treasures for years and each time they amaze me. Thank you!

Description of Work
Furniture - Refinishing & Repair

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

Furniture & Cabinet Repairs & Restoration, Finishes & Veneers, Repair Structural Damage, Re-Finishing, Wood Carving, Gilding, Hand-Stripping & Hand-Refinishing, Fillers, Stains, Waxes, Oil, Lacquer & Shellac Finishes, Decorative Painting, Rushing & Caning, Upholstery Work