Wood, aluminum, vinyl, wrought iron, and chain-link are all common fence materials. Each material has different privacy, security, and aesthetic qualities. Consider these tips when choosing the best fence for you and your yard.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Somerset, KY
There are 2 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Somerset
- Automatic Gates PlusThe work went very well. This is the second year we have used them. From the time you call for service until the work is complete, everything is friendly and very professional.
- CITY WIDE FENCE COBob, Lee and Jeff installed our fence with the upmost professionalism. Attention to detail is their to priority. Continually asking “ Is everything looking ok for you”, let me know that my satisfaction was their goal. If you are in the need for fencing I HIGHLY recommend them. They came all the way to Eastern Kentucky to make our project perfect
- Roe Fence CoThey came at ~9:00 am and were done by ~3:00, which was amazing! I highly recommend them to anyone.
- Midway Fence CompanyThey were on time and very fast. They ensured that all utilities were located prior to digging. The fence looks great!
- Raatz Fence CoRaatz installed four board fence with wooden posts set in concrete, with dog restraint wire fence between the boards. I told the crew boss that I'd like them to follow the land contours -- I wasn't as concerned with attempting to keep the total length low as I was with the fence working in harmony with the property. Our property is a meadow on top of a ridgeline, and the crew did a beautiful job of placing the fence so that it winds gracefully along the rolling hay field, seeming to be more of a part of it than an artificial industrial barrier. People driving by have stopped and asked who built the fence. (I usually lie and tell them that I did it. To say that most seemed, um...skeptical would be in the ballpark). Because the entrance to our driveway is nearly twenty feet, Raatz installed a commercial (as opposed to residential) double gate that opens in the middle, as the span was too great for a single gate. The only issue I've had with the gate system was a lightning strike that fried the motherboard, but after a call to the incomparable Jody Schultz at Raatz, the problem was corrected quickly and completely. I have every confidence in Raatz, and unhesitatingly recommend them as the finest company of it's kind I've ever seen
- Miles Fence CoThe service was excellent! Jay was on top of any questions or concerns I had. Stayed in touch every step of the way. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to install a fence! Custom service and professionalism the way a company should be ran!
- Penrod Lumber and Fence CoIt took them about a week to do the job. They started on Left side of the property. Replace the post and replace the fencing before they started hanging the wire. The wire was very tight and straight. They continue to the front and then went to right side. All the post had to be pull and replace in the back since we moved the fencing 20 ft further back. They drove and concrete the gate posts and corner posts at our request. The corner was brace and notch. very please with this man work. Would differently request this team again.
- UNIQUE HOME MAINTENANCEI liked every experience I had with them. He is always willing to help. He is just a really good handyman. I get my money's worth for the services he gives me.
- B & K Fence CoWe have used Band k several times and will never use any one else. In September 2011, Band K replaced the internal board on our gate system. The part maker gives a one year warranty. Six months later the gate failed to respond. Band K returned found the battery to be dead and noticed a light was out on the board. He replaced the battery and spent nearly 45 minutes checking the system out until he was satisfied the repair was complete. He stated that everything checked out to be functioning even though the one of the lights was out on the board. Band K gave me the option of getting the battery myself and told me who had the best price and he would forgo the service charge since he was in the area. I told him to make the repair. He charged $70 for battery and service call. Several days later the gate once again failed to respond and Band K responded the next day. He removed moved the board and handled the return with no service charge. The board was promptly returned and installed with no service charge. Band K has always been prompt and professional returning calls and on service appointments. He is quick to offer advice on things he sees that will help keep the gate functioning properly
- Eads Fence Co Inc- They arrived on time on a Friday & we had an estimate on Monday. They were a little higher than we hoped, but were lower than another company, so we hired them. Communication was good throughout the process, as there were a few delays. First, the posts were damaged during delivery to their business, so they were re-delivered ASAP & brought out & installed the day after delivery. The glass panels were installed as soon as they were made. Unfortunately, 2 panels were too long, due to the bowing of our wood support posts. So those panels were re-cut and installed promptly. We LOVE our new railing and would hire them again if we have anymore railing or fencing needs. They were all very professional
Last update on June 3, 2018
Fence Contractors in Somerset, KY
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
The ultimate guide to finding a good fence company. Learn the questions to ask fence installers and get the info you need to hire the best fence contractor.
Privacy fences enhance security without sacrificing curb appeal or character. From vinyl to wood, explore various privacy fence costs here.
Find fence companies in
- Science Hill,
- Mount Vernon,
- Crab Orchard,
- Whitley City,
- East Bernstadt,
- Russell Springs,
- Pine Knot,
- Paint Lick
Fence Companies in Somerset, KY
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ACA Handyman Solutions2146 Porter Pike
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42103
- ACA Handyman Solutions
- C & K Pressure Washing Service127 Richmond Avenue
MOUNT STERLING, Kentucky 40353
- C & K Pressure Washing Service
- DogWatch of Kentuckiana10106 Watsonville Rd
Louisville, Kentucky 40272
- DogWatch of Kentuckiana
- Greenscape Enterprises366 Blue Lick Road
Berea, Kentucky 40403
- Greenscape Enterprises
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- James Sanders Nursery4123 Schneidman Rd
Paducah, Kentucky 42003
- James Sanders Nursery
- Kevin Keeling4233 St. Rt. 339 w
Wingo, Kentucky 42088
- Kevin Keeling
- Life Time Seamless GuttersPO Box 4
London, Kentucky 40743
- Life Time Seamless Gutters
- Moreland Homes LLC7462 Energy Rd
Ewing, Kentucky 41039
- Moreland Homes LLC
- Overhead Door of Eastern Kentucky389 Tollage Creek
Pikeville, Kentucky 41501
- Overhead Door of Eastern Kentucky
- PK Heating & Cooling and Home Improvement729 Clareridge Ln
Centerville, Ohio 45458
- PK Heating & Cooling and Home Improvement
- Roe Fence Co505 W. H. Dixon Blvd
Paintsville, Kentucky 41240
- Roe Fence Co
- United Structural Systems Ltd Inc723 Chenault Bridge Rd
Lancaster, Kentucky 40444
- United Structural Systems Ltd Inc
- Wilson's Welding1798 Red Lick Rd
Berea, Kentucky 40403
- Wilson's Welding
Fencing contractors that service Somerset
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.