Kirt Johnson Construction

Founded 2011 • With Angi since June 2011

4.3

With over 40 years of combined experience, you can be confident you will receive quality craftsmanship at a competitive price. No matter the size or scope of your project, we'll take the time to discuss your home remodeling priorities. We will provide you with options and ensure a budget and timeline are established so that there are no surprises along the way. We utilize highly qualified sub contractors as needed. Kirt Johnson Construction will provide practical solutions to your construction needs, as we are committed to bringing your home improvement experience to a higher level....

Swanwater Painting

Owner-operated. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fee. May contact through e-mail. Free estimates. EPA renovation, repair and painting certified (now required by state law for painting contractors).

Esquivel Landscaping & Construction

Esquivel Landscaping is serving and assisting our clients with sincerity, efficiency and authenticity with their home projects and commercial needs. We offer a plethora of services in Landscaping, Hardscaping & Construction.

Ayala the Paintman Services

With 15 years of experience, Ayala The Paintman Services works hard to bring each customer the best possible service and quality available. We look forward to working with you on your next project. We welcome your questions and thank you for your interest.

Offers by Ayala the Paintman Services  on Angi

10/18/2021

DO NOT HIRE. In March 2021 Kirt agreed to, and provided a contract for, building a utility shed on my property. He requested 50% of the cost of the contract as a deposit for materials. Over the course of the next several months he repeatedly told me that the materials had been ordered and we were waiting or delivery. Finally when pressed for more details, the materials had never been ordered. Afte...

Description of Work
Build a utility shed

Category garage builders

12/01/2020

We hired Kirt Johnson for remodel of our basement on 9/18/2020 and gave him a 50% deposit totaling $6685 for him to purchase materials that included framing, drywall, electrical, drop ceiling tiles, and lifeproof vinyl flooring. We were told by Kirt that the basement remodel would be starting the next week, as he had guys ready to work. We also gave Kirt a deposit totaling $10340 on 10/25/2020 for...

Description of Work
Basement remodel, siding replacement

Category drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,remodeling,siding,home builders,basement remodeling

10/09/2020

I signed a contract in April for building a pergola and paid $1400 for materials. There were delays in supply chain due to Covid, at the beginning, but by end of summer, materials were available and supposedly had been ordered on April 20, 2020. After 3 promised dates to build the pergola and a letter to either build the pergola or send me a refund by the end of September, I have neither.

Description of Work
Pergola built

Category decks,home builders,woodworking

04/15/2017

Mr. Johnson and his crew worked quickly and efficiently. Despite very cold weather, they completed the job in more than an appropriate time window.

Description of Work
We have a wooden deck on the back of our home. This deck had substantial warping of wood due to cupping

Category contractors,remodeling,deck cleaning

03/20/2016

The project went very well. Kirt said they could start in 2 days and would be done in 3-4 day. Kirt and his partner started early in the morning and finished the deck project in 3 days. They had to work around some rainy moments, but came back to the project as soon as the rain stopped. Kirt asked us what we wanted in a deck and followed through with all of our requests. We even made a change earl...

Description of Work
Removed old deck and built new larger deck.

Category decks,remodeling,deck cleaning

10/18/2015

After 4 weeks of waiting I called Feldco GREAT SERVICE had doors installed with in 2 weeks

Description of Work
Kirt came over around 6 weeks ago seemed very nice measured 3 exterior doors I wanted replaced told me he would get back with in 2 weeks tops with a price. That's the last I ever heard from him If he was too busy or did not want to bother with it a phone call or E-mail would be nice

Category room remodeling","door installer

10/05/2015

It started out great! We signed the contract Aug 30, 2014. Mr. Johnson said it would be no problem to have everything done by Thanksgiving. He installed the French doors first. Beautiful work! His sub-contractors (plumber, drywall installer, and electrician) all completed their work by around mid-October. By that time, a couple things had happened that bothered me. One was that Mr. Johnson texted my husband at work one night, asking if we could have placement of the new sink and toilet finalized and marked, because he wanted the plumber to come out in the morning. In order for that to happen, my husband had to first tear out the old toilet. Then he had to bring in (from the detached garage) the new toilet and the very heavy and bulky granite-topped vanity, by himself. He is in his upper sixties. He started at 11:00pm, fifteen minutes after he got home, and finished at 1:30am. The second thing was that, sometime between the initial proposal and the final contract, installation of the (owner provided) flooring quietly went away, without mention and without any reduction in cost. Yes, we should have noticed that, and Mr. Johnson shouldn't have done that. After mid-October, we just could not get Mr. Johnson to come out and finish his part of the job. All that was left was some trim work, and the space above the shower. After Thanksgiving came and went, we let it go til after New Years, then would call him every few weeks. He would say he could come out the next week, but repeatedly blow it off. He finally finished the job 8 1/2 months after he started. Mr. Johnson had already been paid in full months before, because he asked. Yes, we both know better, but Mr. Johnson knew which one to approach for that favor. I wasn't sure how to grade his professionalism. He was always pleasant in person. Just couldn't get him to show up. In the end, we do have a lovely bathroom, but I can tell you that getting there became an aggravation that I would not want to repeat.

Description of Work
Modest-sized bathroom remodel, which included changing the placement of a new vanity and toilet (both, owner provided); sheathing plaster walls with drywall and wainscot; installing new lighting (owner provided); Tearing out and replacing the tile above existing shower (2 1/2' to ceiling); installing new bathroom door; installing bi-fold French doors (owner provided) in adjoining office.

Category ceramic tile installer","drywall contractor","electrician","flooring contractor","Lighting","plaster contractor","plumber","room remodeling","home remodeling contractor","door installer

11/01/2014

Went well, as expected. Set up time, was there and gave a quote with in an appropriate time. I was happy with the quote

Description of Work
Quotes

Category house painter","interior painter

09/05/2014

I called Kirt and he said he was busy but he still scheduled me for a few weeks out. He showed up gave me an estimate and even though I had to change some if my needs due to a structural problem, Kirt was willing to work with me. He was very professional and showed up when he said he would, got the job done and I was very happy. He worked in my hot attic and did not complain not once. I would recommend him to anyone. His price was right in line with other contractors and I know if I ever need anything else done he would be there to do it.

Description of Work
Structural and Drywall work.

Category drywall contractor","room remodeling

02/21/2014

He never called back.

Category room remodeling

General Remodeling, New Construction, Additions, Decks & Outdoor Projects, Window & Door Replacement, Ceramic Tile & Stone Tile Installation, Hardwood Flooring Installation, Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation, Home Repairs- Insurance

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa