Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Rockford, IL
There are 5 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Rockford
- United Sanitation Services IncWe couldn’t be happier with this Company Work done professional,friendly, done when promised and priced fairly Highly recommend
- Jaenecke Sanitary ServiceOverall I would rate the workmanship, promptness, price as excellent. I feel like there is hope after all nothing worse than having a plumbing problem. I was not afraid to tip him because I was amazed at the price and so thankful he came out on Saturday. I always felt as a women, you can get taken advantage of but he restored my faith. Thank you Ti
- SPAIN CONSTRUCTION INCThe job went well from start to finish. I had a leaking faucet in my laundry sink for years,Bob one day after work gave me the broken faucet and said he replaced it. That was so nice! He went the extra mile that says alot!
- Quante Orville Septic PumpingThey perform excellent work. I was absolutely satisfied with them. Their pricing is very reasonable. I would recommend them to others and use them again in the future without a doubt in my mind.
- Jaenecke Sanitary ServiceI called for an appointment on Monday 6/13, and because we were having some plumbing work done that was urgent that required the septic tank to be empty, I was given an appointment for the next day, today. I was given an 11:00 appointment, and they were here right at 11. The job was completed promptly and no problems. I was very satisfied with their responsiveness, promptness, and professionalism. Very friendly people! I would use their services again
- Watson Septic Inc.We were having a problem with the septic backing up. Greg (owner) was very responsive in calling me back on a Saturday (from his son's baseball game) and fitting us into their schedule for Monday. Dan (service provider) pumped out the septic and evaluated the problem. Turns out a section of the original cast piping was failing. They were quite busy that day yet Dan took the time to explain in detail what needed to be done to fix the problem, offering helpful suggestions and making sure I understood the fix exactly. He essentially gave us the option to save a considerable amount of money by doing the job ourselves even though he really didn't have to. Very polite and profeesional. Offers discounts for seniors and veterans. We would definately use their services again
- Quante Orville Septic PumpingVery friendly and professional. Opened back access hole and showed me inside of box. completely clean and explained the baffle was in excellent shape. I've used Quante Orville Septic Pumping before and will use again.
- RNA DRAIN & SEWER CLEANINGIt went exceptionally well. The problem was that our kitchen sink was not draining. Jake and Gary came out, quickly analyzed the problem, and went right to work to fix it. They were fast, courteous and professional, and they made sure that everything was clean and neat before they left. The sink is draining beautifully. Even better, Gary saw the two bags of salt pellets that I had placed near the water softener, asked if I would like him to fill it for me, which he did, and then he reset the water softener for me. My wife and I were very pleased with the service and we would definitely call them again.
- Rochelle Vault CoThe tech was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and fast. He explained everything to us we needed to know about owning a new septic system. Everything went amazing and I will be using them again in the future.
- Quante Orville Septic PumpingEverything went well. Provider arrived on time. Serviceman was courteous and informative. I will use no one else for our septic service from here on out.
Last update on December 13, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in Rockford, IL
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- Cherry Valley,
- Machesney Park,
- Loves Park,
- Monroe Center,
- Davis Junction,
- Stillman Valley,
- Candlewick Lake,
- Poplar Grove,
- South Beloit,
- German Valley,
Septic Tank Contractors in Rockford, IL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland 3021 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60618
- Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland
- Bloyer Well & Pump Inc.14312 Fulmar Dr
South Beloit, Illinois 61080
- Bloyer Well & Pump Inc.
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Jaenecke Sanitary Service1314 Watts Ave
Rockton, Illinois 61072
- Jaenecke Sanitary Service
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry County4149 Orleans St
Mchenry, Illinois 60050
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry County
- Prairie State Water Systems Inc48W 557 IL-64
MAPLE PARK, Illinois 60151
- Prairie State Water Systems Inc
- Quante Orville Septic Pumping4153 Wheeler Rd
Cherry Valley, Illinois 61016
- Quante Orville Septic Pumping
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup400 E Randolph St Ste 106
Chicago, Illinois 60601
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup
- United Sanitation Services Inc6862 Belford Industrial Dr
Belvidere, Illinois 61008
- United Sanitation Services Inc
- Watson Septic Inc.4354 N. White Rock Rd.
Davis Junction, Illinois 61020
- Watson Septic Inc.
Septic tank companies that service Rockford
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.