TMZ Plumbing Inc

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2011

12040 S Aero Dr Ste 22A

Plainfield, IL 60585

TMZ Plumbing Plumbers offer Affordable, Reliable and Honest pricing to Customers in the Chicagoland area offering 24 Hour Emergency Plumbing Services. Call TMZ Plumbing Company today to hire a Licensed Plumber that will provide a wide range of Plumbing services including: Drain Cleaning, Rodding and Jetting, Repair, replacement and installation of water heaters, sump pumps, faucets, fixtures and toilet plumbing, tankless water heater services and RPZ installation and back flow prevention to Residential and Business Customers as well as New Construction. We are Top Rated Local Licensed Plumbers in your area ready to give you the Trusted Plumbing Service you deserve!...

12/17/2021

Tom D.

**BELOW AVERAGE EXPERIENCE **. I had the company remove a garbage disposal. I was given a time window when scheduling my appointment but never heard anything after that. I had to call to confirm they were still coming on the day of. The receptionist said they would text me when they were enroute to my house but they never did. Two workers showed up to remove a disposal. They said they thought they had part needed but didn't so they said they needed to go a store to get the parts. After 30 minutes at the store they finished the job. The job took 1 hour and 15 min including their shopping trip which I never received copies of the receipt of the items they purchased. I got charged 2 hours plus parts ($295). I called next day to get an explanation for the cost and was promised a call back but didn't get that until finally 2 calls later. I was initially told the reason was the reason I got charged for 2 hours is because 2 workers showed up (1 hr per worker). I was surprised you needed 2 workers for such a job when only one of workers was only actually working. When I initially called to schedule appointment the receptionist said that usually takes one hour and did not mention two guys would be coming for this job.I spoke with Todd who said that he would call me back after he spoke with the workers but never happened. There was probably 35 min of actual labor done and one guy working.

Description of Work
Garbage Disposal Removal

02/24/2020

Alex Z.

*What was expected was for TMZ (whom we had used many times previously without incident; receipts are available if you would like them, just let me know) to repair whatever was causing a leak from our second-story shower. Both sides of the sales copy/itemized bill have been included with this communication. Circled on the front is the original diagnosis of the problem, while the circled area on the back shows how I did as required in the ?Completion Acceptance of Work Performed? regarding not being satisfied with the work. (EXHIBITS A & B) *A second merchant was contacted after seeing a mention of someone who could specifically address the situation we were subsequently told existed. As noted by myself at the time, I left a voice message on Rebecca?s phone on January 27, but as it was not returned, and your deadline was drawing near, I contacted Erik by phone around 11:00 January 30. Unfortunately, due to health issues, he could not come by the deadline. He is to get back to me by February 3 or 4. (EXHIBIT C) *In addition to two phone messages left November 1 (both to the TMZ business office and the owner at separate numbers and having neither one returned), texting was also instituted. Included with this communication are some shared between TMZ and both myself and my wife. (EXHIBITS D & E) As you can see, a text was sent by me on October 20 regarding an October 12 voicemail that was never returned. In addition, I had stopped at the business itself. You can also see a text from November 8 indicating a visit that was to happen. It did, but did not fix the issue. A text from my wife on November 1 shows that no one could come out on November 2 to accommodate us despite the issue being nearly a month old by then. On November 14, a text states that the leak is still happening, and that I stopped by the office November 11 (to no avail). The next day shows that the base (shower pan) needs to be changed to fix the problem. Communication stopped November 16 when no reply came from my wife?s text, and November 17 the dispute was filed. Included with this communication are pictures showing the hole in our ceiling (which has been there nearly four months) as well as a water-collection item which is required to catch the water before it lands on the hardwood floor. (EXHIBIT F) This communication is being sent both via fax and email on Monday, February 3 to meet the deadline you had set. The same information will be sent via US mail to help ensure you are clearly seeing everything that shows what an unsatisfactory experience this has been, and how it has not allowed our house to get backs to its normal, orderly state since October 9, 2019. In fact, as the holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year?s all occurred since this all began, it obviously impacted previously-made plans, much to our disappointment.

Description of Work
Diagnosed leak in ceiling as coming from shower drain above. Cut out square in drywall and removed existing shower drain. Installed new Oatey brass shower drain and re-piped PVC lines." This is taken directly form invoice number 12117.

02/13/2020

Alex Z.

*What was expected was for TMZ (whom we had used many times previously without incident; receipts are available if you would like them, just let me know) to repair whatever was causing a leak from our second-story shower. Both sides of the sales copy/itemized bill have been included with this communication. Circled on the front is the original diagnosis of the problem, while the circled area on the back shows how I did as required in the “Completion Acceptance of Work Performed” regarding not being satisfied with the work. (EXHIBITS A & B) *A second merchant was contacted after seeing a mention of someone who could specifically address the situation we were subsequently told existed. As noted by myself at the time, I left a voice message on Rebecca’s phone on January 27, but as it was not returned, and your deadline was drawing near, I contacted Erik by phone around 11:00 January 30. Unfortunately, due to health issues, he could not come by the deadline. He is to get back to me by February 3 or 4. (EXHIBIT C) *In addition to two phone messages left November 1 (both to the TMZ business office and the owner at separate numbers and having neither one returned), texting was also instituted. Included with this communication are some shared between TMZ and both myself and my wife. (EXHIBITS D & E) As you can see, a text was sent by me on October 20 regarding an October 12 voicemail that was never returned. In addition, I had stopped at the business itself. You can also see a text from November 8 indicating a visit that was to happen. It did, but did not fix the issue. A text from my wife on November 1 shows that no one could come out on November 2 to accommodate us despite the issue being nearly a month old by then. On November 14, a text states that the leak is still happening, and that I stopped by the office November 11 (to no avail). The next day shows that the base (shower pan) needs to be changed to fix the problem. Communication stopped November 16 when no reply came from my wife’s text, and November 17 the dispute was filed. Included with this communication are pictures showing the hole in our ceiling (which has been there nearly four months) as well as a water-collection item which is required to catch the water before it lands on the hardwood floor. (EXHIBIT F) This communication is being sent both via fax and email on Monday, February 3 to meet the deadline you had set. The same information will be sent via US mail to help ensure you are clearly seeing everything that shows what an unsatisfactory experience this has been, and how it has not allowed our house to get backs to its normal, orderly state since October 9, 2019. In fact, as the holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s all occurred since this all began, it obviously impacted previously-made plans, much to our disappointment.

03/04/2019

Mickey M.

Requested quote multiple times. No response.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote on shutoff valves multiple times

02/25/2019

Mickey M.

Tried contacting several times for a quote, but no response

Description of Work
No response

Category drain cleaning

04/19/2018

MARIA A.

I recently had a new water heater installed by TMZ plumbing. It was a very good company to work with. The owner was upfront about pricing and there were no upcharges. They were flexible in terms of scheduling. The installer, Charlie, was careful to not make a mess in my home. Overall a good experience.

Description of Work
New water heater installed

Category water heater repair

11/05/2017

Charlene B.

This is not a 24/7 business although it is listed as such. No emergency service answer

Description of Work
this is not a 24/7 Plumbing service

11/04/2017

Donald J.

We came home from vacation to a flooded basement. Called Todd at TMZ on the recommendation of a neighbor. He installed a new sump pump because the old on had failed. All good right? Three months later during the next big rainstorm we came home from diner to....you guessed it, a flooded basement. The power cord had slipped because Todd did not take the time to secure it properly and blocked the float so the pump did not engage. More loss of property and time for a simple installation error. TMZ did send a different technician out (2 days later) who secured the power cords correctly and told me that it should have been done during the initial install. So, because Todd could not take the extra 3 minutes and two dollars worth of electrical tape to do the job right I suffered more losses. All further attempts to contact him have gone unanswered. They refuse to take any responsibility for the losses we incurred due to their shoddy workmanship. Stay away from this company. There are plenty to choose from.

Description of Work
Sump Pump replacement

08/31/2017

YING C.

It was expensive, and they were a bit late due to other jobs. He was here for about half an hour and unclogged the sink with a special machine.

Description of Work
My kitchen sink was clogged. They came out and fixed it.

08/24/2017

Pamela H.

TMZ came out and they did a great job. I called them and they came out the next day.

Description of Work
Leak in pipe.

07/27/2017

Ronald K.

The first faucet was defected so it had to be replaced. They came out about an hour after I called to replaced the faucet.

Description of Work
Out side faucet was changed.

06/19/2017

Marlon V.

The garden spigot on the side of our 16-year-old house would not shut off. It wasn't just dribbling either; it was flowing pretty freely. I called on a Friday night around 830pm, and Todd called back shortly and apologized that no one would be available until the next morning at 8am. The next morning he was not only on time but actually early. He replaced a couple feet of the piping and also installed a shutoff valve on the same line (accessible via the basement) in case the problem ever happens again. Not to mention I got a brand spanking new spigot--which is really quiet operationally btw--but works like a charm. All this for way less than expected.

Description of Work
External garden hose spigot

05/30/2017

Sean E.

Charlie did a great job. He needed to cut the main off at the wall and start piping from there as the old Y-channel placement interfered with the garbage disposal being properly installed. My only complaint, and correct me if I'm wrong, but paying by the hour for the plumber to make a run to the local hardware store to pick up common disposal piping seemed a little much. I just feel I shouldn't have been charged the time to pick up supplies that I feel should already be on the vehicle.

Description of Work
Re-route plumbing under kitchen sink and hook up a garbage disposal. This was a difficult job as the existing piping was, well...all over the place :)

04/26/2017

Josh G.

It was scheduled on a Sat (as his weekday schedule was full). He was prompt and quick. Everything works as hoped.

Description of Work
Odd plumbing jobs (drain replacement, and a couple shower cartridges).

04/24/2017

Matt A.

They no call no showed on 2 separate occasions. Have yet to hear from them still.

Description of Work
Routing and cleaning of pipes

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

04/10/2017

Chanda S.

Courtesy – A Grade I called TMZ Plumbing, a company I had never used before, for a price quote on a back-up sump pump installation. Todd was very pleasant and helpful and took time to listen to what I needed and to explain what he would be able to do for me. I decided to use his company for the installation as well as a couple smaller things (a part for the toilet, quiet check valve for the ejector pump, and sealing the lid on the ejector pump). We set a time and date for 10:00 AM on January 23, 2017. Professionalism – C Grade Although Todd called me to let me know he would arrive between 10 and 11 AM, he and another gentleman did not show up until 1:30 PM – and he had to leave shortly after arriving because he forgot something! After he finished installing the back-up sump pump, he was ready to leave and completely forgot about the other couple of things he was supposed to fix. I had to remind him about those items. Also, he did not leave the space where the sump pump and back-up sump pump were located as he found it. I had to ask him to pick up some dirty work cloths that he was leaving behind. Workmanship – D Grade Apparently, Todd installed two check valves but instead of taking out the third one, he left it in, leaving three check valves. The Plumbing Inspector for my town stated that I should definitely remove the third one, as it is just an opportunity for another valve to fail. Another plumber also recommended I remove the third one and added that there is absolutely no reason for a third check valve. Price – D Grade Implicit in the cost is that the work will be done right and, unfortunately, it wasn’t. Additionally, I believe TMZ’s prices are excessive. The price to install the back-up sump pump did not include the installation of a primary sump pump and was still higher than the price of the other plumber would have charged me to install both! I spoke to Todd on April 10, 2017 and asked him why he did not remove the third check valve. He said he did not know. I told him I wanted him to reimburse me for the cost to have the third check valve removed but he said he would not reimburse me. He offered to have one of his employees come and do the work however, for the reasons stated above, I obviously did not want TMZ Plumbing to do any more work for me. Also, they had an opportunity to do it correctly the first time but did not. I used the other plumber to remove the unneeded check valve.

Description of Work
He installed a backup sump pump as well as some minor things, listed below.

03/27/2017

Tammy C.

very professional. The repair was completed within 30 min.

Description of Work
Shower faucet leaking.

03/27/2017

Browne G.

Seemed to be all right. Cost seemed high for amount of work performed.

Description of Work
Clean out pipes and replace faucet in remote bathroom.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

03/07/2017

Ed J.

Charley the plumber first quoted one hour of work but when I showed him the new faucet he pointed out the fitting was the wrong size for the new water leads so the two frozen shutoff valves would have to be cut out and replaced, so that upped the price. He went to the local hardware store for the new valves and proceeded to remove the old ones and installed the new valves, and then installed the new faucet. Charley was very professional and informative. I was lucky that TMZ could come the same day as I had turned off the main water supply since the shutoff valve was frozen and had partly removed the old faucet (I "painted" myself in a corner, so to speak).

Description of Work
Tried to replace a kitchen faucet myself but too many frozen components to do on my own. I called around to local plumbing companies and TMZ was able to come within abut an hour.

02/21/2017

Richard H.

Very good. Exceeded my expectations. Installed a shut-off on inside of house for freeze free exterior faucet. Excellent fail safe precaution. Cleaned up and reinstalled insulation.

Description of Work
Under sink valve and exterior faucet replacements

01/26/2017

Jamie S.

I called around 11:45 on a Saturday morning and Todd answered immediately. I told him what was going on and he said he was on his way to another job but he would stop by afterward. He was at my door at 1:00, looked at the water heater, jiggled a few things (not sure what he did) and he got it to work. He made sure that the water was hot in all the faucets and then he was done. He didn't charge me anything. Great guy and great service. Thank you Todd and TMZ Plumbing for great service.

Description of Work
My water heater was not heating

Category water heater repair

01/16/2017

Emily M.

The guys who came to do the work were friendly, punctual, and cleaned up after themselves well. However, they led me to believe that there was a further problem out in the sewer line that would cost well over $1K to fix, and they proposed to do the work for me. They should have referred me to a sewer specialist who would have been able to correctly diagnose the problem. It ended up being a rather simple issue to resolve. The company who came after them also noted that we paid way too much for the work done to replace the pipe.

Description of Work
There was a hole in the sewer line leading out of the house. They dug it out and replaced a section of the pipe.

12/01/2016

Patricia P.

I called them on Tuesday afternoon. Dan came the next morning. ......we had no hot water so he fixed that and the faucets. He was very professional. I would hire again!

Description of Work
faucets changed on dishwasher and water heater. professional.

Category plumbing,water heater repair,drain cleaning

09/21/2016

Ronald K.

The installation went very well. They took our existing toilet so it was not a problem for us to get rid of it. They cleaned up after themselves, they are very neat. I will call them back for any new plumbing needs.

Description of Work
TMZ ordered and installed a Kohler comfort height toilet that replaced our standard toilet.

08/17/2016

DEBBIE W.

I needed a new hot water tank/expansion tank and got pricing on a couple of other items. One item I fixed and one decided to wait on. Pricing was fair and they were not a hard sale to try to get me to buy now or more than I needed. Work was done in a timely fashion and area was cleaner than when they started. Would highly recommend them. Don and Charlie did the work and I have them coming back out later this week to put in a sump pump.

Description of Work
New hot water tank.