ACTIVE HANDYMAN SERVICE & REMODELING

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2010

Active handyman service and remodeling is a family owned business that prides itself on offering first rate customer service, understanding each customers needs, and working with you to keep costs and expenses low. We have been in business since 1980, and have serviced investment properties, single family homes, and businesses/commercial. We keep our number of employees low and subcontract jobs only when needed to keep costs low. We also incorporate as many earth friendly products and techniques. George is on site each job and always works on the smaller unique handyman jobs himself....

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

Ulb-Dry Waterproofing Inc

With over 25 years experience in all facets of both residential and commercial foundation waterproofing we have developed a reputation as the waterproofer's waterproofer. All work is performed by our own trained technicians and is with unconditional warranty. We use a line of green products. Our technicians are trained to treat your home as if it is their own. Our estimators are trained to prescribe only the repair designed for your individual problem. We will never try to up-sell to a higher-dollar job.

Zoom Drain Northern Suburbs of Chicago

ZOOM DRAIN is here to service all the drain and sewer needs for the northern suburbs of Chicago. Our team of professionals focus on providing you with safe & proven solutions, fast turnaround times and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. So call ZOOM DRAIN now to schedule an appointment now!

01/29/2020

George and Slava did an amazing job remodeling my bathroom. They were prompt and friendly. They worked so efficiently and finished the job in a week. I would definitely hire them again. I’m already thinking of more work that I need done.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,plumbing,remodeling,wallpaper removal,home remodeling,interior painters

01/07/2017

Category doors

01/10/2016

George was hired to install new handrails and bathroom grab bars for a family member in Niles, IL. George was professional, honest and very reasonable in his pricing. The basement and outside handrails look and work great! The bathroom grab bars were installed through some very old ceramic tiles without any cracking or damage to the tiles. Our entire family was happy with the quality, price and se...

Description of Work
Install basement and outside handrails; Install bathroom grab bars.

Category ceramic tile,handyman service,wallpaper removal

05/14/2014

Active Handyman arrived on the job at the promised day. They were punctual, and they helped me with shopping for supplies and fixtures as needed. They completed the job in two-and-a-half weeks without a problem. I am an old client of Active Handyman, and from small repairs to this bathroom remodel job, the quality and value of the work has never disappointed me.

Description of Work
Active Handyman remodeled my bathroom by gutting and replacing floor, walls, and ceiling. All plumbing fixtures were replaced. Active Handyman made very good suggestions about products and materials. The workmen were courteous and very professional. Old School workmanship at a reasonable cost.

Category wallpaper removal

05/01/2014

I've hired George for years to do odd jobs around my home. I recently hired him to do a gut rehab of my primary bathroom. He and his helper did an awesome job. The job was finished in 2 weeks. They were very neat, punctual every day and respectful of my budget. My house was built in 1957 and the bathroom was never remodeled to the extent that we did so George ran into some issues that were not exp...

Description of Work
Gut rehab of my primary bathroom

Category wallpaper removal

Handyman jobs, remodeling and general building repairs

Asbestos testing and removal. Snow removal

Satisfaction