If your driveway has cracks or potholes, it’s time to repair or replace it. Compare the pros and cons like costs, durability, and difficulty of common driveway repair options such as patching or resurfacing with those of replacing a driveway.
Get matched with top driveway paving contractors in West Des Moines, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local driveway paving contractors.
Recent Driveway Pavers Reviews in West Des Moines
- Pearce PavingThe gentleman told us exactly what they were going to do. They took care of everthing. They were wonderful, The service was excellent.
- Central Asphalt Paving, Inc.Central's bit was very competitive and they discounted my price because my neighbor and I did it at the same time AND I used the coupon from Angies list. I had to leave a couple of voice messages before my call was returned and I would have liked a follow up after the work was done but I still highly recommend this company
- GRIMES ASPHALT & PAVING CORPThese guys are outstanding. There were no problems at all and they were very helpful every step of the way. I was impressed with the quality. They were on time, friendly, and very professional.
- SPECK USAvery punctual and thorough. crew was sophisticated - knew what to do and how. figured out drainage, roots from trees, all the details. did the job in two days... very prompt
- G& H ASPHALTIt was kind of a long drive way and is kind of steep so it was critical that they designed it right for water run off. They did. I was very pleased. They did great.
- Central Asphalt Paving, Inc.They gave us a completion date about six weeks out, but in the end finished the project a couple of weeks early. They laid about 2" of asphalt over the driveway in a morning. Their crew was very efficient and courteous and our resurfaced driveway looks great and drains properly. Central Asphalt said that if any cracks that appeared during the following year, they would come back and deal with for no charge
- Central Asphalt Paving, Inc.After many rain delays, Central Asphalt was able to come in and complete our driveway in one day. They were very professional and personable. We had a great experience with Central Asphalt and would highly recommend them.
- G& H ASPHALTThe project went very well. The crew of 5 men arrived shortly after 8am. After reviewing the job to be sure there were no surprises on either side, they got to work. They tore out the section of the north side of the drive, which was 6" higher than the south side. The concrete was up to 8" thick. That was quickly removed and hauled away. This area was prepared for the asphalt, as was the remaining driveway. It was obvious from watching them that they were all experienced in their jobs and they worked very well together. Once the surfaces were prepared for the asphalt, it was brought in and poured. The crew spread the hot asphalt. A machine was brought in to level the asphalt. They were working right next to the side of the house, which had been freshly painted just a few weeks before the driveway was done. They were extremely careful not to allow the hot asphalt to splash up onto the side of the house, while ensuring that the asphalt was sealed to the side of the house to prevent water runoff from flowing between the driveway and the house. They put the finishing touches the edges, cleaned the area and finished the job before 4pm that afternoon. It looks wonderful, and is very smooth. They dealt with a tricky drainage situation beside the back deck. It drains perfectly now and had never drained properly before. We had a downpour within 10 hours of the completion of the driveway. The water flowed into the street exactly as it should. We are very happy with the job they did and would hire them again if we needed a similar job done. We highly recommend G & H Asphalt
- Cal Concrete Construction IncThey did a really good job. They did thorough, quality work. They were the low bidder of the two bids that we got.
- G& H ASPHALTI had a driveway which was half old asphalt and half gravel. They overlaid the old asphalt and placed the new asphalt over the gravel. I had a drainage issue as my garage sits downhill from the street. I wanted the driveway to direct the water away from the garage door and around the side where it could drain away. I also had a unique situation that my house is older and the driveway is right up against the house. The previous owner put a concrete wedge up against the house to direct the water away from the foundation. This concrete was broken and I was concerned about keeping the foundation dry. I talked to Mike. He understood all of these drainage issues immediately. As a single woman dealing with my driveway issues, he was very professional and didn't talk down to me. He was great to work with! I also had a piece of sidewalk near the house (not near the street) which had broken from a tree pushing it up. It was only about a 3 foot section of sidewalk and it was immediately adjacent to the driveway and Mike suggested they put some asphalt into that area to fix the sidewalk. When the job was done, they correctly addressed the drainage around the garage, they did a perfect job with the asphalt up against the house and the sidewalk looks great! This driveway has been in place for over 6 months and with this super wet spring I haven't had any water in the garage like I used to before they did the work. The grading they did with the asphalt kept the water out of the garage and protected the foundation of the house. Then on an asphalt driveway quality issue, they made a nice edge on the side of the driveway away from the house. They didn't just let the asphalt spread out and make a ragged edge. They used a rake to make a nice edge. It is quality touches like that which makes them great
Driveway Pavers in West Des Moines
- Business Description:Here to help with all your construction needs; Roofing, Siding, Driveways, Concrete and Masonry. Give us a call today!Recent Review:Jason Moore and his crew at Spot on Construction exceeded my expectations! And that's hard to do! If you need a job done right, they are the crew for the job!Jim E.
- Business Description:Anything concrete Concrete driveways Patios Steps Colored decorative concrete New construction basements , garages. Additional phone number - (515) 986 - 0879Recent Review:After getting estimates from 5 different companies, we decided to go with Chris and the team at Professional Contracting Iowa. While they didn't come in as the lowest cost bid, they were VERY competitive. Also, our neighbor used them 6 years ago for his driveway replacement and their previous work (next door) and the recommendation spoke for itself. We are so happy we chose them. The crew lead, Bob, and his team were professional and had excellent communication with us the entire day they worked to remove old driveway and pour the new driveway. Bob pointed out several different things that concerned him as they worked...our original driveway was only 2" deep so he let us know that he'd need to take several inches of dirt out of the drive before they could pour. And after they removed the old cement, he noticed that there were issues with the foundation of our house near the garage that were original to the home. He suggested a solution and helped us remedy this before they moved forward. It meant a lot to use that they obviously wanted the work to be done the RIGHT WAY even if that meant a few extra steps. They were very detailed about their work yet efficient. They completed the removal of the driveway and pouring the new cement in one day. They came back the second day to cut and power wash the cement. It's the 4th day now and it looks great. I had a couple of follow up questions (nothing too concerning) and Chris texted me back promptly to answer them (even after I had already paid the bill:)) I would highly recommend them to anyone! They are a family-owned business and I had a great experience working with themAnn K.
- Business Description:Mikes General Contracting is a small company set to personally accommodate your specific needs. I Mike Signs work every job no matter how small or large from start to finish to ensure that you receive the best results for each and every job. I am happy to meet with you for a consultation and free estimate. We gladly accept credit cardRecent Review:We hired Mike because of Angie's List rating. He started this project on May 1st, 2019 and he said it would be a 2 - 3 week project. Mike's policy is he does the labor and you buy the materials. We ordered tile which was delivered a month in advance by the tile company. When Mike started laying the tile it was discovered there were 2 different finishes to the tile (glossy and matte which was the tile company's fault). Mike didn't notice this my wife did. This is where things started to unravel. The tile company couldn't get the matte finish we wanted for another month because it was back-ordered. So it was up to me to track down another supplier (which I did in Louisiana and had it shipped within 3 days. From that point forward it was like pulling teeth to get Mike over here to work on our project. He would show up for a few hours on weekends and said he had other projects that he had scheduled so he would have to do ours when he could find time. He claimed our project became bigger than we originally talked about and it compromised all his other projects ( we had one additional request to move a toilet and install a half wall which HE AGREED was fine to add). We had him install a vanity which required moving some plumbing (Mike went with me to pick up the vanity). He later complained he didn't anticipate it would require moving plumbing so that set him back (isn't it a contractors job to measure things?). When moving the plumbing he had to remove drywall. After he moved the plumbing he installed the vanity without repairing the drywall he removed so now it's impossible to fix. We wanted bullnose in our shower niches and he complained it was time-consuming. So we went to get another tile trim solution that would be easier to install (this required me to drive to Omaha to pick up product). I had the product back on Monday and he didn't come back until the next weekend to work on. We had electrical and plumbing work that could have been worked on without Mike but he wouldn't send them over to finish. To get a hold of Mike and have him respond (basic communication) was almost impossible. Mike was supposed to install a shower door and paint to finish things up. When I said we wanted to pick out our own shower door and paint he got angry. He actually got into a shouting match with my wife. We wanted Sherwin Williams paint and he actually said "I don't paint with Sherwin Williams. I never have and I never will. If you want Sherwin Williams do it yourself!" That was the last straw. I asked Mike to come pick up his things and we were done. Now I'm having to find other contractors to finish the job (drywall, plumber, electrician, tile). The contractors that have come in are appalled at the way we were treated and the shoddy work that was done. It's the middle of July and our project is still not done. We're hoping we can finish by the end of July. THIS PROJECT WAS A NIGHTMARE! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY FOR ANY KIND OF WORK! CRAFTSMANSHIP, COMMUNICATION, PROFESSIONALISM, DEPENDABILITY, RESPONSIVENESS, AND BASIC LACK OF CUSTOMER RESPECT DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO THE A RATING FOR WHICH WE HIRED THIS COMPANYTim A.
- Business Description:Pearce Paving is Des Moines' leading family-owned and -operated asphalt paving company. We put to use our years of experience to bring you a professional and cost-effective solution to all of your paving needs. Whether you are resurfacing and patching existing asphalt in your parking lot or increasing the value of your home with a new driveway, we're here to make sure that the end result is a long-lasting and good-looking one. At Pearce Paving, we handle everything from paving and maintenance..Recent Review:The gentleman told us exactly what they were going to do. They took care of everthing. They were wonderful, The service was excellent.mike m.
- Business Description:general construction, concrete finishing and stamping, installing, demo, large or small we get dirty doing them all. we do it all in one call making your dream home and improvements to give you the memoiys that make you completely love your hom
- Business Description:Central Asphalt Paving Inc., serves Des Moines, Iowa and surrounding areas with both commercial and residential work. We have been doing quality work since 1965. We are insured and provide free estimates.Recent Review:Prompt bidding, friendly office personnel and professional work.Betty N.
- Business Description:2 employees. Licensed, bonded and insured. Licensed plumber with history of construction.
- Business Description:The staff at AICS are well seasoned and have been with the company for several years. We have craftsman ranging from building designers to concrete to roofing to welding. We service Residential Commercial, Agricultural, and Industrial projects
- Business Description:Owner Present on Every Job Site, All Work Guaranteed, Over 15 Years Experience, State Of The Art Equipment, References Available, Prompt With Returning Your Call, Competitive Prices, and Free Estimates.Recent Review:John and his crew were super efficient and fast. Showed up to do the job the day after I contacted them. They broke up and removed the old paving materials in just a few hours, the next day they laid the gravel and put down the asphalt. Everything was cleaned up and done neatly. Perfectly blended seams at the garage and the road below, great jobMilda C.
- Business Description:We have been in business for four years now and going strong. We have over a combined 50 years of experience in the business. We do anything and have done anything from new construction to remodeling. No project is to small. We always get back to our customers right away if missed while being on a job site. Customer service is the most important thing to us. We give free estimates, call today
Explore our Solution Center for helpful driveway contractor articles
Adding a new asphalt driveway to your home can boost its overall appearance and give homeowners a nice ROI down the line. But how long do asphalt driveways last, and what can you do to maximize their lifespans? Read this guide to find out.
If your garage door has been opening or closing all by itself, you may be confused as to what is happening. But before you call in a pro, troubleshoot a few common garage door opener problems by following this handy guide.
Find driveway paving contractors in
- Windsor Heights
- Des Moines
- Van Meter
- Pleasant Hill
- Dallas Center
- Saint Charles
- De Soto
- Polk City
driveway paving contractors in West Des Moines
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC2027 64th St
Windsor Heights, Iowa
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC
- Des Moines Asphalt and Paving2401 SE Tones Dr #13
- Des Moines Asphalt and Paving
- East Village Handyman3120 SW 39TH ST
Des Moines, Iowa
- East Village Handyman
- FishDog Services101 N Cherry Ave A
- FishDog Services
- GRIMES ASPHALT & PAVING CORPPO Box 3374
Des Moines, Iowa
- GRIMES ASPHALT & PAVING CORP
- Hodson Construction and Remodeling252 ne 57th pl
Des Moines, Iowa
- Hodson Construction and Remodeling
- Keck Parking401 Grand Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
- Keck Parking
- Mikes General Contracting3224 SW 12th St
Des Moines, Iowa
- Mikes General Contracting
- Warmzone12637 S 265 W Suite 100