Applying driveway sealer is a big project with major impact. Find out how to seal an asphalt driveway in just a couple days, with all the tips you need to DIY.
Get matched with top driveway paving contractors in Johnston, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local driveway paving contractors.
Recent Driveway Pavers Reviews in Johnston
- Pearce PavingThe gentleman told us exactly what they were going to do. They took care of everthing. They were wonderful, The service was excellent.
- G& H ASPHALTPrompt response and estimate Called with install date Prompt arrival of crew Did job in 6 hours Cleaned up everything Very happy with results
- GRIMES ASPHALT & PAVING CORPThese guys are outstanding. There were no problems at all and they were very helpful every step of the way. I was impressed with the quality. They were on time, friendly, and very professional.
- Cal Concrete Construction IncThey did a really good job. They did thorough, quality work. They were the low bidder of the two bids that we got.
- G& H ASPHALTIt was kind of a long drive way and is kind of steep so it was critical that they designed it right for water run off. They did. I was very pleased. They did great.
- G& H ASPHALTI had a driveway which was half old asphalt and half gravel. They overlaid the old asphalt and placed the new asphalt over the gravel. I had a drainage issue as my garage sits downhill from the street. I wanted the driveway to direct the water away from the garage door and around the side where it could drain away. I also had a unique situation that my house is older and the driveway is right up against the house. The previous owner put a concrete wedge up against the house to direct the water away from the foundation. This concrete was broken and I was concerned about keeping the foundation dry. I talked to Mike. He understood all of these drainage issues immediately. As a single woman dealing with my driveway issues, he was very professional and didn't talk down to me. He was great to work with! I also had a piece of sidewalk near the house (not near the street) which had broken from a tree pushing it up. It was only about a 3 foot section of sidewalk and it was immediately adjacent to the driveway and Mike suggested they put some asphalt into that area to fix the sidewalk. When the job was done, they correctly addressed the drainage around the garage, they did a perfect job with the asphalt up against the house and the sidewalk looks great! This driveway has been in place for over 6 months and with this super wet spring I haven't had any water in the garage like I used to before they did the work. The grading they did with the asphalt kept the water out of the garage and protected the foundation of the house. Then on an asphalt driveway quality issue, they made a nice edge on the side of the driveway away from the house. They didn't just let the asphalt spread out and make a ragged edge. They used a rake to make a nice edge. It is quality touches like that which makes them great
- SPECK USAvery punctual and thorough. crew was sophisticated - knew what to do and how. figured out drainage, roots from trees, all the details. did the job in two days... very prompt
- G& H ASPHALTThe project went very well. The crew of 5 men arrived shortly after 8am. After reviewing the job to be sure there were no surprises on either side, they got to work. They tore out the section of the north side of the drive, which was 6" higher than the south side. The concrete was up to 8" thick. That was quickly removed and hauled away. This area was prepared for the asphalt, as was the remaining driveway. It was obvious from watching them that they were all experienced in their jobs and they worked very well together. Once the surfaces were prepared for the asphalt, it was brought in and poured. The crew spread the hot asphalt. A machine was brought in to level the asphalt. They were working right next to the side of the house, which had been freshly painted just a few weeks before the driveway was done. They were extremely careful not to allow the hot asphalt to splash up onto the side of the house, while ensuring that the asphalt was sealed to the side of the house to prevent water runoff from flowing between the driveway and the house. They put the finishing touches the edges, cleaned the area and finished the job before 4pm that afternoon. It looks wonderful, and is very smooth. They dealt with a tricky drainage situation beside the back deck. It drains perfectly now and had never drained properly before. We had a downpour within 10 hours of the completion of the driveway. The water flowed into the street exactly as it should. We are very happy with the job they did and would hire them again if we needed a similar job done. We highly recommend G & H Asphalt
- SPECK USASales person did an excellent job with bidding. Service was performed punctually. However after a few weeks it was clear that the asphalt seal coat was not sticking to the surface. Sales person suggested we wait until Spring 2012 to reassess. At that time the seal coat was chipping off, peeling, and was even nonexistent in large areas. Vegetation was growing through the cracks. The sales person was unwilling to provide me with information on how they would correct these problems although right from the start he agreed to redo it at no further cost to me. Over the summer he repeatedly refused to answer my requests for further information, and even ignored letters sent by the attorney I had to use to get the company's attention. Finally, the attorney was able to contact the CEO, who did respond by late summer. The CEO and chief engineer inspected the driveway September 2012 and determined the fault was theirs; they had not properly cleaned the driveway prior to resealing. They have kindly offered to redo the driveway at no cost, and were willing to wait until more ideal conditions next spring. I am hopeful that they will honor their offer. I give this company a "D" simply because of the hassle factor when things went bad. This should not have required an attorney to get their attention. The sales person was an excellent sales person but a horrendous problem solver and thus a horrible representative for their company
- G& H ASPHALTThey didnt do the driveway according to code. The city inspection failed and I had to pay extra 600 dollars to get it fixed (it was mandatory). When called about it G & H told me, they can do nothing about it even though its their fault.
Driveway Pavers in Johnston
- Business Description:Here to help with all your construction needs; Roofing, Siding, Driveways, Concrete and Masonry. Give us a call today!Recent Review:Jason Moore and his crew at Spot on Construction exceeded my expectations! And that's hard to do! If you need a job done right, they are the crew for the job!Jim E.
- Business Description:Anything concrete Concrete driveways Patios Steps Colored decorative concrete New construction basements , garages. Additional phone number - (515) 986 - 0879Recent Review:I'm not sure how to fit how GOOD I feel about Chris and his crew into one review. If you want to hire someone who will ensure that the job is done RIGHT and to your satisfaction, hire Chris. He might be the hardest working person I've ever met, and he cares about his crew... and it shows. The attention to detail and their desire to want to finish the job so that the customer is happy, it says it all. They work together well, everyone knowing what they are supposed to be doing. Polite and courteous the entire time. My neighbors can't stop raving about how good everything looks. If you want a concrete job that is going to look good, and is going to last... look no further.Justin K.
- Business Description:Mikes General Contracting is a small company set to personally accommodate your specific needs. I Mike Signs work every job no matter how small or large from start to finish to ensure that you receive the best results for each and every job. I am happy to meet with you for a consultation and free estimate. We gladly accept credit cardRecent Review:We hired Mike because of Angie's List rating. He started this project on May 1st, 2019 and he said it would be a 2 - 3 week project. Mike's policy is he does the labor and you buy the materials. We ordered tile which was delivered a month in advance by the tile company. When Mike started laying the tile it was discovered there were 2 different finishes to the tile (glossy and matte which was the tile company's fault). Mike didn't notice this my wife did. This is where things started to unravel. The tile company couldn't get the matte finish we wanted for another month because it was back-ordered. So it was up to me to track down another supplier (which I did in Louisiana and had it shipped within 3 days. From that point forward it was like pulling teeth to get Mike over here to work on our project. He would show up for a few hours on weekends and said he had other projects that he had scheduled so he would have to do ours when he could find time. He claimed our project became bigger than we originally talked about and it compromised all his other projects ( we had one additional request to move a toilet and install a half wall which HE AGREED was fine to add). We had him install a vanity which required moving some plumbing (Mike went with me to pick up the vanity). He later complained he didn't anticipate it would require moving plumbing so that set him back (isn't it a contractors job to measure things?). When moving the plumbing he had to remove drywall. After he moved the plumbing he installed the vanity without repairing the drywall he removed so now it's impossible to fix. We wanted bullnose in our shower niches and he complained it was time-consuming. So we went to get another tile trim solution that would be easier to install (this required me to drive to Omaha to pick up product). I had the product back on Monday and he didn't come back until the next weekend to work on. We had electrical and plumbing work that could have been worked on without Mike but he wouldn't send them over to finish. To get a hold of Mike and have him respond (basic communication) was almost impossible. Mike was supposed to install a shower door and paint to finish things up. When I said we wanted to pick out our own shower door and paint he got angry. He actually got into a shouting match with my wife. We wanted Sherwin Williams paint and he actually said "I don't paint with Sherwin Williams. I never have and I never will. If you want Sherwin Williams do it yourself!" That was the last straw. I asked Mike to come pick up his things and we were done. Now I'm having to find other contractors to finish the job (drywall, plumber, electrician, tile). The contractors that have come in are appalled at the way we were treated and the shoddy work that was done. It's the middle of July and our project is still not done. We're hoping we can finish by the end of July. THIS PROJECT WAS A NIGHTMARE! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY FOR ANY KIND OF WORK! CRAFTSMANSHIP, COMMUNICATION, PROFESSIONALISM, DEPENDABILITY, RESPONSIVENESS, AND BASIC LACK OF CUSTOMER RESPECT DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO THE A RATING FOR WHICH WE HIRED THIS COMPANYTim A.
- Business Description:Pearce Paving is Des Moines' leading family-owned and -operated asphalt paving company. We put to use our years of experience to bring you a professional and cost-effective solution to all of your paving needs. Whether you are resurfacing and patching existing asphalt in your parking lot or increasing the value of your home with a new driveway, we're here to make sure that the end result is a long-lasting and good-looking one. At Pearce Paving, we handle everything from paving and maintenance..Recent Review:The gentleman told us exactly what they were going to do. They took care of everthing. They were wonderful, The service was excellent.mike m.
- Business Description:general construction, concrete finishing and stamping, installing, demo, large or small we get dirty doing them all. we do it all in one call making your dream home and improvements to give you the memoiys that make you completely love your hom
- Business Description:Des Moines' leader in asphalt paving services for over 45 years!
- Business Description:Here at Speck USA, we know concrete. We’ve been working with it since 1968, when we were first founded as a commercial parking lot maintenance company, serving Des Moines and the surrounding area. Although we still serve the same area, we have grown immensely and have expanded to be a full-service decorative concrete, commercial concrete, pavement and parking lot maintenance company with over 40 years of experience. We serve a broad range of clients annually, from commercial clients at small ..Recent Review:We had Speck poor our 24x30 garage slab and part of our driveway. The crew on the job was excellent. Always asking if we were happy with the progress so far. We added a few things on them last minute and they never seemed irritated or annoyed in the least. (Even though it was 100 degrees out) My husband was always in contact with Jeremy, and he was always quick to return phone calls if he didn't answer. My husband said he is a stand up guy! The crew was always on time and professional and cleaned up the area everyday before they left. I would highly recommend this company to anybody! You might pay a little bit more but its completely worth it because you know you are getting people that know what they are doing and care about the finished product. I will definitely be using Speck in the future. <br /Matt R.
- Business Description:The staff at AICS are well seasoned and have been with the company for several years. We have craftsman ranging from building designers to concrete to roofing to welding. We service Residential Commercial, Agricultural, and Industrial projects
- Business Description:We operate as many crews as permitted at one time depending on the demand received and the specialities of our employees. We offer general contracting, which includes any subcontracting needed to complete from start to finish. We will see each project through ensuring it is done correctly, efficiently and in a professional manner. Our bills are sent out as each phase is completed, ensuring payments for work that has been completed, accepting cash, credit, and check
- Business Description:East Village Handyman is a full service handyman business providing prompt and professional service.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful driveway contractor articles
You crave the sleek, modern look of a paver driveway, but who do you hire to install one? This guide will help you determine the right kind of professional for the job.
The cost of resealing an asphalt driveway varies based on the size of the driveway, the type of sealant you use, and your location. This guide helps you estimate the cost to seal an asphalt driveway and gives you a cost breakdown.
Find driveway paving contractors in
driveway paving contractors in Johnston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC2027 64th St
Windsor Heights, Iowa
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC
- Cal Concrete Construction IncPO Box 21027
Des Moines, Iowa
- Cal Concrete Construction Inc
- Des Moines Asphalt and Paving2401 SE Tones Dr #13
- Des Moines Asphalt and Paving
- East Village Handyman3120 SW 39TH ST
Des Moines, Iowa
- East Village Handyman
- FishDog Services101 N Cherry Ave A
- FishDog Services
- Hodson Construction and Remodeling252 ne 57th pl
Des Moines, Iowa
- Hodson Construction and Remodeling
- Keck Parking401 Grand Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
- Keck Parking
- Mikes General Contracting3224 SW 12th St
Des Moines, Iowa
- Mikes General Contracting
- Warmzone12637 S 265 W Suite 100