Applying driveway sealer is a big project with major impact. Find out how to seal an asphalt driveway in just a couple days, with all the tips you need to DIY.
Get matched with top driveway paving contractors in Grimes, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local driveway paving contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Driveway Pavers Reviews in Grimes
- Pearce PavingThe gentleman told us exactly what they were going to do. They took care of everthing. They were wonderful, The service was excellent.
- GRIMES ASPHALT & PAVING CORPThese guys are outstanding. There were no problems at all and they were very helpful every step of the way. I was impressed with the quality. They were on time, friendly, and very professional.
- SPECK USAvery punctual and thorough. crew was sophisticated - knew what to do and how. figured out drainage, roots from trees, all the details. did the job in two days... very prompt
- G& H ASPHALTThe project went very well. The crew of 5 men arrived shortly after 8am. After reviewing the job to be sure there were no surprises on either side, they got to work. They tore out the section of the north side of the drive, which was 6" higher than the south side. The concrete was up to 8" thick. That was quickly removed and hauled away. This area was prepared for the asphalt, as was the remaining driveway. It was obvious from watching them that they were all experienced in their jobs and they worked very well together. Once the surfaces were prepared for the asphalt, it was brought in and poured. The crew spread the hot asphalt. A machine was brought in to level the asphalt. They were working right next to the side of the house, which had been freshly painted just a few weeks before the driveway was done. They were extremely careful not to allow the hot asphalt to splash up onto the side of the house, while ensuring that the asphalt was sealed to the side of the house to prevent water runoff from flowing between the driveway and the house. They put the finishing touches the edges, cleaned the area and finished the job before 4pm that afternoon. It looks wonderful, and is very smooth. They dealt with a tricky drainage situation beside the back deck. It drains perfectly now and had never drained properly before. We had a downpour within 10 hours of the completion of the driveway. The water flowed into the street exactly as it should. We are very happy with the job they did and would hire them again if we needed a similar job done. We highly recommend G & H Asphalt
- Cal Concrete Construction IncThey did a really good job. They did thorough, quality work. They were the low bidder of the two bids that we got.
- G& H ASPHALTPrompt response and estimate Called with install date Prompt arrival of crew Did job in 6 hours Cleaned up everything Very happy with results
- G& H ASPHALTIt was kind of a long drive way and is kind of steep so it was critical that they designed it right for water run off. They did. I was very pleased. They did great.
- G& H ASPHALTI had a driveway which was half old asphalt and half gravel. They overlaid the old asphalt and placed the new asphalt over the gravel. I had a drainage issue as my garage sits downhill from the street. I wanted the driveway to direct the water away from the garage door and around the side where it could drain away. I also had a unique situation that my house is older and the driveway is right up against the house. The previous owner put a concrete wedge up against the house to direct the water away from the foundation. This concrete was broken and I was concerned about keeping the foundation dry. I talked to Mike. He understood all of these drainage issues immediately. As a single woman dealing with my driveway issues, he was very professional and didn't talk down to me. He was great to work with! I also had a piece of sidewalk near the house (not near the street) which had broken from a tree pushing it up. It was only about a 3 foot section of sidewalk and it was immediately adjacent to the driveway and Mike suggested they put some asphalt into that area to fix the sidewalk. When the job was done, they correctly addressed the drainage around the garage, they did a perfect job with the asphalt up against the house and the sidewalk looks great! This driveway has been in place for over 6 months and with this super wet spring I haven't had any water in the garage like I used to before they did the work. The grading they did with the asphalt kept the water out of the garage and protected the foundation of the house. Then on an asphalt driveway quality issue, they made a nice edge on the side of the driveway away from the house. They didn't just let the asphalt spread out and make a ragged edge. They used a rake to make a nice edge. It is quality touches like that which makes them great
- SPECK USASales person did an excellent job with bidding. Service was performed punctually. However after a few weeks it was clear that the asphalt seal coat was not sticking to the surface. Sales person suggested we wait until Spring 2012 to reassess. At that time the seal coat was chipping off, peeling, and was even nonexistent in large areas. Vegetation was growing through the cracks. The sales person was unwilling to provide me with information on how they would correct these problems although right from the start he agreed to redo it at no further cost to me. Over the summer he repeatedly refused to answer my requests for further information, and even ignored letters sent by the attorney I had to use to get the company's attention. Finally, the attorney was able to contact the CEO, who did respond by late summer. The CEO and chief engineer inspected the driveway September 2012 and determined the fault was theirs; they had not properly cleaned the driveway prior to resealing. They have kindly offered to redo the driveway at no cost, and were willing to wait until more ideal conditions next spring. I am hopeful that they will honor their offer. I give this company a "D" simply because of the hassle factor when things went bad. This should not have required an attorney to get their attention. The sales person was an excellent sales person but a horrendous problem solver and thus a horrible representative for their company
- G& H ASPHALTThey didnt do the driveway according to code. The city inspection failed and I had to pay extra 600 dollars to get it fixed (it was mandatory). When called about it G & H told me, they can do nothing about it even though its their fault.
Driveway Pavers in Grimes
- Business Description:Here to help with all your construction needs; Roofing, Siding, Driveways, Concrete and Masonry. Give us a call today!
- Business Description:Anything concrete Concrete driveways Patios Steps Colored decorative concrete New construction basements , garages. Additional phone number - (515) 986 - 0879Recent Review:The crew worked all day and into the evening and did a nice job with the backfill. I expected to do that myself so that was a nice perk. And they came sooner than planned and that was great. Great communication too. Would certainly hire again. Thankstony e.
- Business Description:Pearce Paving is Des Moines' leading family-owned and -operated asphalt paving company. We put to use our years of experience to bring you a professional and cost-effective solution to all of your paving needs. Whether you are resurfacing and patching existing asphalt in your parking lot or increasing the value of your home with a new driveway, we're here to make sure that the end result is a long-lasting and good-looking one. At Pearce Paving, we handle everything from paving and maintenance..
- Business Description:Mikes General Contracting is a small company set to personally accommodate your specific needs. I Mike Signs work every job no matter how small or large from start to finish to ensure that you receive the best results for each and every job. I am happy to meet with you for a consultation and free estimate. We gladly accept credit cardRecent Review:Mike and his crew came as promised. Their work was beyond my expectations. They were professional, friendly, and responsive to my questions and concerns. The only reason I gave a B for price is it cost more than the estimate primarily due to the price of the cedar went up. Also, once the old floor boards were removed we discovered the foundation boards were rotting. Mike immediately got the supplies and replaced the foundation. Did a great job building new steps. Nice job cleaning up. I have contracted Mike and his crew to replace broken tiles on my house and to paint the house, window frames and trimTerri H.
- Business Description:WARMZONE is a national company designs and sells radiant snow removal systems for heated driveways and walkways, radiant floor heating and roof deicing. We have a trained staff of professionals that will learn about your project requirements and perscribe the best solution possible to heat your driveway or home. We have a network of subcontractors across the United States. Our consultations and designs are free and we have one of the largest selection of proven products to choose from. Call o..Recent Review:Warmzone has been very responsive. However, the installers made mistakes installing the system and when they went to correct it, somehow caused damage that made the system inoperable. They had to come back a year later and redo it. Now it works pretty good. Every time I've had questions Warmzone has been very responsive. i would use them again--but use their recommended installers and not my contractors who did it last time. <br /> One caveat: The system doesn't always work perfectly in very cold weather with fast accumulating snow. We have old-fashioned clay brick pavers. Next time I'll send Warmzone a sample of the pavers so that they can test for the power needed to operate the system effectively. <br /> But--they sell a great product and they're very helpful to deal with. They'll get right on the phone with you and troubleshoot, even long after the sale. <br /Carol B.
- Business Description:Here at Speck USA, we know concrete. We’ve been working with it since 1968, when we were first founded as a commercial parking lot maintenance company, serving Des Moines and the surrounding area. Although we still serve the same area, we have grown immensely and have expanded to be a full-service decorative concrete, commercial concrete, pavement and parking lot maintenance company with over 40 years of experience. We serve a broad range of clients annually, from commercial clients at small ..Recent Review:Great experience with a very professional company! We are very pleased with the concrete work Speck USA completed at our home. All of the work was done in one day and other than new concrete, you would never know they were there!! They did an excellent clean up job! The crew was very professional and explained everything they were doing in detail to make sure everything turned out as we expected. We were very impressed with how prompt, courteous and professional they were. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and we would recommend this companyLaura V.
- Business Description:Des Moines' leader in asphalt paving services for over 45 years!
- Business Description:Keck Parking provides monthly, valet, and airport parking in and around the Des Moines, IA metro. We also provide parking lot maintenance, snow removal, sweeping, and striping.
- Business Description:2 employees. Licensed, bonded and insured. Licensed plumber with history of construction.
- Business Description:As an InterNACHI certified inspector I am able to provide you with an Inspection or Construction Management Services for a very affordable cost. Because this is a passion and not a job, I will go over and above anyone else who provides these services. Flat rate inspection fees, self service online scheduling and 7 day per week availability are just a few reasons to select FishDog Services
Explore our Solution Center for helpful driveway contractor articles
You crave the sleek, modern look of a paver driveway, but who do you hire to install one? This guide will help you determine the right kind of professional for the job.
The cost of resealing an asphalt driveway varies based on the size of the driveway, the type of sealant you use, and your location. This guide helps you estimate the cost to seal an asphalt driveway and gives you a cost breakdown.
Find driveway paving contractors in
driveway paving contractors in Grimes
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC2027 64th St
Windsor Heights, Iowa 50324
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC
- Cal Concrete Construction IncPO Box 21027
Des Moines, Iowa 50321
- Cal Concrete Construction Inc
- GRIMES ASPHALT & PAVING CORPPO Box 3374
Des Moines, Iowa 50316
- GRIMES ASPHALT & PAVING CORP
- Mikes General Contracting3224 SW 12th St
Des Moines, Iowa 50315
- Mikes General Contracting
- Professional Contracting Iowa 767 NE Broadway Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
- Professional Contracting Iowa
- SPECK USAPO BOX 21009
Des Moines, Iowa 50321
- SPECK USA
- Warmzone12637 S 265 W Suite 100
Draper, Utah 84020