A garage door opener offers the convenience of entry with the click of a button. This guide explores the six best types of garage door openers.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Waterloo, IA
There are 0 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Waterloo
- Hucks Garage Door Co.Everything was excellent. He was very nice, very polite, and very professional. He cleaned up after himself. He is a wonderful guy. He addresses it immediately and explains it over the phone if not he will come to the house.
- Garage Door Solutions of IowaJeff was VERY timely. He showed up the same day and fixed the existing door and then we scheduled the installation of a new door. He was done with that the following week. I called three other places and was told there would be days before they could get there to inspect it and even longer to fix. I will never use anyone els
- Hucks Garage Door Co.It would very well. He answered all the questions I asked. He was on time , professional, & the work was of high quality. I would definitely call him again
- Hucks Garage Door Co.Extremely friendly and great at explaining what he was going to do. We had inadvertantly damaged into our garage door and had no idea what to expect in repair or replacement costs. He could have taken us for a lot of unneeded repairs, but instead recommended we simply have him try to repair the door (instead of replacing) and ended up saving us a lot of money. Also inspected the system and replaced a worn out part, ensured everything was in tip-top shape. Highly recommended
- Hucks Garage Door Co.Prior to working with Huck's other providers wanted to just wanted to sell us a new garage door, but we wanted to fix what we had at this time. Huck's came repaired to service it as we requested, and they did a professional job. Excellent service provided and affordable.
- Christie Door CoFrom start to finish ... selecting and ordering the new garage door to completing the installation ... the Christie Door staff was easy to work with, very professional and well informed. We are extremely pleased with the quality of service and the reasonable cost. Highly recommend them.
- Overhead Door Company of Waterloo, Inc.They came and assessed the situation and had to return the next day to complete the work. It works just fine now.
- Overhead Door Company of Waterloo, Inc.I needed a new weather seal on my garage door and was having a few problems with my door not always closing so contacted this company for help. Since I live in a smaller town outside of Waterloo, they planned their visit at a time when they had other jobs in this area, which makes sense. The service man came and found that the photo eyes were aligned, but not as accurately as they should be. This was a 2 minute job to fix that required no tools. He also looked at my seal and told me that he didn't have that particular one with him so would need to bring it on his next trip. Because I work out of town, I asked him to please give me an idea of when he was going to come. He asked if a day's notice was sufficient and I agreed. He left, and after several days I hadn't heard from them so called the company. I was told that he was in the area on THAT day and would be at my house sometime that day. I told her that he had promised me a day's notice so that I could arrange my schedule. She got in touch with him and he called me, giving me only an hour's notice. When he got there, he realized that he had brought the wrong color weatherseal, but he used it anyway. It took about 15 minutes to put it on, something that I could have also done by myself if I had the weather seal. I asked him what the bill would be, and he simply didn't know. All he'd say was that the weatherseal would be $1, $2, or $3 per foot and he didn't know otherwise. He laughed and said it would be less than $1000.00. I didn't feel tha was a very knowledgeable or professional response. When I got the bill, I was astounded. The original bill was for $185.11. The weatherseal was $3 per foot and was $48.00. There was a $20 truck and equipment fee (which I assumed covered the expense of driving out of town; please note that on both occasions, he had other jobs to do in this area and neither trip was made just to do my work). And there was a 1.5 hour labor fee at $70.00 per hour. I understand the cost of the weatherseal, although it is high priced. I also understand the truck and equipment fee. But I was floored at the $105.00 labor charge for a 15 minute job. I called the manager and asked about the labor charge, assuming that the service man had probably written 15, meaning 15 minutes, but it was misinterpreted as 1.5, meaning 1.5 hours. That was not the case. The manager agreed to drop the labor charge down to 1 hour, which lowered my bill by about $35.00 plus tax. However, I still had to pay almost $150.00 for a very easy, 15 minute job that I could have done myself had I had the weatherseal. I'm very disappointed in the expense. The manager did explain that they had to charge at least a 1 hour labor charge for all jobs. My thoughts are that the labor should be more reflective of the labor that they did, where more difficult jobs should have higher labor charges and easier jobs like this one should not automatically be charged at least an hour of labor
- ACS Door ServicesMy garage door would not shut. The came out and got it shut. However, I was charged $127 for that. I was not told on the phone that there is a $79 per hour labor charge. They also told me they could fix my door but it would involve replacing the tracks and would cost similar to just buying a new door. I told them I would call back to order the door after I talked to my husband. Several days later my uncle came to double check I needed a new door and he told me the door was in fine condition and he fixed it for me in less than an hour. I would not recommend them to anyone and will most likely be calling theme to complain
Last update on October 11, 2017
Garage Door Companies in Waterloo
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
There are four types of garage door opener systems. This pro con list explains the differences to help you pick the right opener for your new garage door.
Create more usable space by installing a garage door screen, which allows for entertaining or working with plenty of fresh air and zero bugs. Here’s how much installing a garage door screen will cost you.
Find garage door companies in
- Elk Run Heights,
- Cedar Falls,
- La Porte City,
- Shell Rock,
- Grundy Center,
garage door companies in Waterloo
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ACS Door Services815 N Compton Dr
Hiawatha, Iowa 52233
- ACS Door Services
- Christie Door Co1905 State St
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
- Christie Door Co
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- KOCH CONSTRUCTION215 E MAIN ST
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
- KOCH CONSTRUCTION
- Ohlendorf Construction303 Wentling St
Nashua, Iowa 50658
- Ohlendorf Construction
- RENEW Residential Services LLCPO Box 10392
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52410
- RENEW Residential Services LLC