KOCH CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2008

215 E MAIN ST

Cedar Falls, IA 50613

Koch Construction has been locally owned and operated for more than 30 years. With 16 employees, we provide a wide range of contractor services.

06/15/2017

Marty H.

Quality work a little slow on completion time line.

Description of Work
Porch addition, roofing and concrete

Category decks, roofing

09/09/2015

Jerry S.

I contacted them twice. I was told someone would get back with me. First time 3 weeks ago. I expected a call at least telling me that they were too busy.

Description of Work
Nothing That is the problem.

06/26/2015

Yvonne D.

I called another local company on Monday after losing the shingles, and was told there were a couple of calls ahead of mine. I checked back with them on Tuesday and was told they might be able to make it out yet that day. I heard nothing more and called again on Friday. At that point they told me they were very busy and might make it out the next Monday. I called Koch, and within four hours they were working on the roof (between rain showers), and were very professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Replaced missing shingles.

06/10/2015

Jerome P.

Well

Description of Work
Roof

01/20/2015

Ron B.

cost was outrages we put the door in ourselves

Description of Work
nothing

10/22/2014

David D.

We hired Koch to remodel our kitchen. The work took several months. At the beginning of the project, we worked with Carri, who helped us design the kitchen, and she also coordinated the entire project. (painters, flooring, plumbers, electrical). She was easy to work with, and answered all of our questions. She also kept the project moving along. During the project, the employees of Koch who worked in our home were always courteous. At the end of each workday everything was put away, and the workspace was swept. The end result was gorgeous!! Since the construction, we have had Koch come back to make a few minor repairs or adjustments. They always came back immediately. I will hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Remodeled our kitchen

08/29/2014

Tim S.

Description of Work
Replaced a hail damaged roof. Did great job. Always neat and clean job site. They have done 8 roofing jobs for me both home and rental buildings. The only roofing contractor I'll use. They are not the cheapest but the value is there.

07/14/2014

Marlene H.

ementThe person was very nice and told me he would get back to me within 2 weeks.To this day I'm still waiting for the est

Description of Work
He came and took a look around and I told him what I wanted done.

Our sincerest apologies for not reaching back out to you.

07/14/2014

Donald U.

Description of Work
Called them to replace a very nice front entry door. This was because the old door latch and lock were broken.I was unable to find a replacement or get the old one repaired. Ken said he could help and he contacted a very good locksmith that repaired the lock. Mr. Langston did this at no charge. Integrity is a word I would use for KOCH construction.

07/06/2014

H Dale K.

We had benn getting bids for a couple of years, but the other contractors kept telling us that we really didn't want what we were asking for or that it was impossible. Jeff listened to us and gave us exactly what we wanted. He was willing to let us do the electrical, flooring, finish carpentry and painting to save money. James, our project manager was always on time and kept us apprised of what was going on and patiently answered our questions and concerns. When the building inspector threw us a curveball, Jeff and James worked with us to find a solution that would satisfy code and not break the budget. The guys are pros!!!

Description of Work
They removed an existing screen porch and replaced it with a four seasons room addition.

Category decks, remodeling, sunrooms

02/08/2014

Edward E.

This company was able to build requested work first of the companies I contacted. My husband was injured and we needed a ramp to safely enter our home. Jeff quickly gave us an estimate and worked well with the county to meet their regulations. The men who built the deck, ramp, etc. were very professional, cleaned up after themselves, explained what they were doing. All contacts to company were promptly returned. The deck, door, and ramp are beautifully done. We look forward to using the deck this coming year. We would highly recommend Koch.

Description of Work
Built a deck and ramp, and put in a 10' wide door.

Category decks, woodworking, doors

07/25/2013

Anne H.

Koch Construction did an excellent job. They have done all our construction and have been with our family including working for my parents before working for me. They've always been very efficient. Although they've been a little more costly I think their professionalism and how well they work you don't have to worry about anything. You get what you pay for. They do the job, they do it on time, and the clean up is great. I really don't have any complaints. Sometimes Koch Construction are a little slow to start but they are so busy.

Description of Work
Koch Construction did the entire roof by tearing off the three previous layer of shingles, replace plywood, put down an icing barrier, replaced gutters, put in copper flashing, and fixed the chimney.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

06/10/2013

Claudia M.

They are very high quality, professional, and very clean. I think they did an excellent job. I would highly recommend them. I liked that they had several different styles of egress windows to pick from.

Description of Work
They put in an egress window in our basement.

Category egress windows, replacement windows

04/22/2013

Jeremy M.

They responded quickly. There was a little bit of concern whether the work gets done or not the reason I think there is still visible changes to the roof but he did came back and kind of walk us through the process of what he did do and it was only visible from the inside which is why we didn't see anything on the outside.

Description of Work
We used Koch Construction for roof repair in November of last year.

08/13/2012

Priscilla B.

They were professional so far beyond professional than the other one, they brought samples. They were amazing.

Description of Work
Koch Construction came over about a year ago to give us quotation for a work.

Category remodeling

07/26/2012

Laura J.

Their work was excellence.

Description of Work
We hired this company to repair portions of my roof.

08/04/2011

Lynn K.

Bid was within the norm, time frame to complete the job was quick. Experienced an initial delay due to materials not being delivered when they had been told, not company's fault-manufacturer's fault. They completed the job quickly and cleaned up precisely. We have had no problems with the roof since they did the job.

Description of Work
Koch construction placed a membrane roof on our flat roof part of our house.

07/31/2011

Ronald L.

Came in under budget and was a quality project.

Description of Work
Remodeled a bathroom. Painting , tiled new tub and sink.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

07/19/2011

Rita L.

Koch schedules work precisely, says how long the job will take, provides an exact estimate, arrives when scheduled, and completes the job as promised. They clean up completely after their work each day, and they remedy any concerns immediately without hassle.

Description of Work
Koch has completed major remodeling, roof replacement, bathroom remodeling, and several small projects in my home since approximately 1986. Because of my past experiences, I no longer seek estimates from other companies when I have construction work to be done. Their level of expertise, quality of work, punctuality, and attention to detail by far make up for the higher price of their services. Furthermore, when I have had maintenance concerns about my home, Koch has come to assess each problem, suggest ways I can remedy the problem myself, or worked with me until the problem was solved. For example, I was having problems with a leak from the crawl space through the ceiling, the source of which was not easily identified. Koch staff returned several times and finally located a cracked furnace vent pipe that was hidden by joists and insulation. They replaced the pipe and completely repaired the ceiling. It looks great, and I have had no further leakage. With the several visits made and the quality of workmanship, the amount billed seemed very reasonable.

07/13/2011

john D.

see above

Description of Work
Got 5 quotes on a new roof. This was the highest bid by $3500 over the next highest. No additional service/materials then other bidders. WAY out of line! I think they thought since they dealt with me and not my husband, they could jack-up the $$

07/07/2011

Jay W.

They were quick with the estimate, spot on with cost. Prompt with the service and replacement. The entire crew was very friendly when working on the roof. They offer excellent after care and are prompt with any issues. Though I hope to not have to do it for awhile I would hands down hire them to replace this roof again. I would also say yes you should call them and have them do yours as well. Excellent work guys!

Description of Work
Had Koch Construction replace the flat roof on my commercial building.

10/28/2010

Mary Jo W.

James arrived when agreed upon to do estimate and returned a bid promptly. After giving Koch a deposit, they performed the work as bid. The only problem was that a week of rain delayed their start.

Description of Work
Koch removed the gravel and asphalt from out low-pitched roof, installed 4 inch high density rigid foam insulation and covered it with a heat welded vinyl roof and fitted all the chimneys and vents with vinyl boots. The result is a one-piece roof and a roof insulation value of R-12 where we had no insulation before.

07/08/2010

Rita L.

Koch workers always arrive as scheduled and stay on the job until it is finished. They have consistently been clean and friendly. They leave the work area immaculate. Any problem is explained and rectified. In this job, one corner of the medicine cabinet mirror was damaged. The worker took the damaged section and had it replaced at the retailer before re-installing it. The medicine cabinet doors were adjusted to align perfectly. Because he was matching texture on the drywall sections not replaced, he showed me a sample of textures and used the one that most closely matched. I LOVE the new look!

Description of Work
Half-bath remodeling included removing an enclosure that had held a can light, framing for a new inset medicine cabinet, replacing drywall and texture around both the light fixture and medicine cabinet, and installing the new light fixture and medicine cabinet. They also installed a drop-down shelf in the original vanity cabinet. NOTE: I did not rate "price" because I did not get other estimates. Because of their dependability and quality, I feel that their price, which may be higher than other contractors, is justified.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling

06/24/2010

Lynn K.

They were excellent. We didn't even know they were here. We thought they were very timely, efficient and did a wonderful job. We have had no problems since.

Description of Work
Koch Construction put a rubber flat roof on for us.

04/08/2009

Rita L.

Koch provided excellent service. They arrived when they said they would and finished on time. When I arrived home after the first day of work, I couldn't even tell that they had been there - the entire back side of the roof had been replaced, but the only evidence that they had been there (other than the roof work was being done) were two or three stacks of shingles left out of sight on the back side of the roof. Throughout the job, there was no debris left anywhere. When I noticed that two of the roof vents weren't exactly straight, they apologized and rectified the problem as soon as they were available.

Description of Work
Koch removed the old roofing material using their own dump vehicle (no dumpster), replaced damaged areas of the underlayment, replaced roof vents, applied new shingles.

Dedicated Electric

Residential, Agricultural, and Commercial Electrician Master Electrician Owner/Operator 7 years of Experience Fully Licensed and Insured

Modern Edge Construction, LLC.

Modern Edge Construction, LLC is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty and responsibility in all of our jobs. We are a locally owned and operated business with more than 10 years of experience serving Strawberry Point and surrounding areas. There is no job too big, or too small for our team. Call today and let us put our experience to work for you!

Bath Planet of Central Iowa

Bath Planet has been offering customers an affordable, attractive, and custom-designed alternative to costly bathroom remodels since 1999. For over two decades, Bath Planet has been putting its expertise to work creating spa-like retreats with durable, custom-fabricated products backed by Good Housekeeping. Bath Planet’s expertly trained local team of consultants, designers, and installers work with you from concept and design through installation to guarantee you get the bathroom of your dreams at an affordable price. Contact Bath Planet to schedule an appointment today!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Koch Construction offers commercial and residential construction services, including: kitchen design and remodeling, bathroom design and remodeling, roofing, Duro-Last roofing, home additions, sunrooms, custom cabinets, shingle roofing, steel roofing, concrete work, window replacement, and more.