Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Villisca, IA
There are 4 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Villisca
- American WaterworksHe tired selling me a 15k drainage unit with spending less then 5 minutes in my basement. The tech named Ryan tried telling me I had above 20% moisture in my dry wall up to 2 ft and higher in my basement, tired telling me I had mold and I needed to install a 15k drainage unit right away. I had a friend come out and he used 3 different moisture meters, checking the same spot where Ryan claimed "my walls were full of water". My friends 3 moisture meters said less then 10% in a small area where water has been getting in and the rest of the basement less then 1% where Ryan claimed i had over 20%. I called and asked for an explanation and all they could tell me is that there meter was not broken and that they would still be happy to do the job
- Complete Basement SystemsThe crew was on time and finished faster than anticipated. Was very polite and did a great clean up job.
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsTim the technician was early, did the inspection. Showed us how to check & change the filter on our system and then gave us an estimate on a dehumidifier for our whole house. Great job!
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsThe workers were on time and worked so efficiently, they finished a day and a half early! They cleaned up and explained every thing that they did to my basement.
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsVery well. Foreman Justin Bailey led a capable crew that accomplished all work as scheduled. No surprises or issues.
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsWe always had water come into our basement after hard rain. We contacted Basement Systems. They are very good and solved our problem.
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsGary tried to follow GPS but GPS can't figure out how to navigate dead-ends & mud roads. Never the less, he arrived in timely fashion and re-sealed a leak. Next 2 or 3 rains will be the real test.
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsOur house was built in 1866 and had some foundation work done to it by previous owners. Some of it wasn't done very well and as a result, we needed to add support. After interviewing 4 different companies we chose Mid America. They were very responsive and knowledgeable and our crew of Greg and TJ were fantastic. They communicated well with us and seemed to have done a great job at a reasonable price. We'd definitely recommend them
- MidAmerica Basement Systems3 guys were here 7am - 5pm for a week drill out the cement floor and taking out the debris in 5 gal bucket then re-cementing. They were friendly and hard working and punctual.
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsEvery service has been on time with a call morning of for reminder. Services were all completed to our expectations every time. We appreciate their arrival inspections & clearing of systems & they have installed.
Basement Waterproofers in Villisca
- Business Description:Thrasher services Nebraska, Western Iowa, Central and Western Kansas* and Northeast Missouri, providing foundation repair for settling and wall stabilization, basement waterproofing, concrete lifting and leveling, radon testing & mitigation, crawl space encapsulation, egress window installation and electrical services. At Thrasher, we work every day to challenge the status quo and provide an unparalleled experience for each of our customers. With over 45 years of experience, you can rest easy..Recent Review:We did a lot of research prior to hiring Thrasher and we were not disappointed. Frankly I had been in denial (and fear) about the work I knew we needed done on our Midtown Omaha home because I was so concerned about the cost and impact on our brick Tudor. We had a crack in the brick near our garage and our basement had been leaking for a number of years with hard rains. From the start of the process, Thrasher was outstanding in terms of communication and education about what they do. Before we met with our Systems Design Specialist, Anthony, we had received e-mails and calls to confirm the date, along with a packet of educational materials about home foundations and waterproofing. When Anthony came to our home, he was very professional and performed a full inspection about our concerns. He prepared an estimate and we selected what was best for us following a thorough review of options he presented. The foundation work was completed first in ONE day. The basement waterproofing was completed the next week over a two-day time frame. The workers were very professional and arrived at the time they arranged with us. In regard to the basement waterproofing, we discovered one small issue. They came out immediately to correct this and all has been worked wonderfully since. We are very pleased with their work and commitment to customer service. Highly recommend Thrasher to anyone considering foundation or waterproofing workBruce H.
- Business Description:Our past projects include both new construction and repairs/restorations. We specialize in Waterproofing Basements, Painting, Concrete,Egress Windows, , Stabilize foundations, Siding etc. We offer an end-to-end client experience that includes seamless communication, on-site organization, and solid, quality handiwork every time. We have worked with homeowners and designers to produce work we think you'll love. Call us today for a Free EstimateRecent Review:The team was prompt and showed up when they said they would. Everyone was very friendly and professional. They cleaned up after themselves and when the job was complete. All of my questions got answered and they were very helpful to understand the process. I am very glad and relieved to have this work finally done, the pricing was reasonable. Thanks to all the team for their hard work and pleasant and professional demeanor.Cerah H.
- Business Description:Established in 1933, Olshan Foundation provides cost-effective foundation solutions to residential and commercial property owners. We proudly service homeowners in Wichita from our office in Nearby Missouri. About a quarter of the homes we visit do not require foundation repair. Services are backed by an available warranty, friendly customer support and convenient payment options. Free, no-obligation structural assessments are performed by Certified Structural Technicians. Since no two homes ..Recent Review:Badly. Olshan deliberately laid the outside 'drainage pipe' which I have a 'warranty' on parallel to my basement wall instead of one end to the basement wall opening-other end 20 ft away. Then they made the tub they inserted into dug out basement floor too large & cheap $100 3 HP pump too small. Olshan incompetence flooded basement not drew the water out. On the contract they claim this is called 'Waterproofing'. Make sure you DEMAND the LAST name of Olshan's Crew Supervisor. Tell the Crew Supervisor you demand to see his ID in case you have to sue them in court later. They won't tell you his name other than DAMIEN as your 1 yr. warranties are on the 'drainage pipe Olshan places next to your outside wall so that the water rushes into your basement not away from it as they say it will. The 'sump pump' too cheap & small to pump out any water. Don't allow Olshan to drill holes in your basement floor. They don't know what they are doing. Tarring your basement wall from the outside is about as skilled as they get Olshan doesn't cement in the holes they leave on your basement floor. If you complain they want you to forfeit your warranties if they give you any small refund at all. Olshan doesn't want to back their work with warranties that's why they don't give any refund without getting your approval to cancel them. This is a shady company allowed to do business in Kansas because the Kansas Secretary of State's Consumer Protection Investigators don't investigate so aren't for Consumer at all. They send out letters & will agree with the Business instead of the Consumer who has plenty of 'evidence' as proof if they every tried to get out of their offices to look at the damage done. They are pro Shady business & won't send out any investigators to your house to see what Olshan did to your houseMarty M.
- Business Description:Behncke construction has been serving the Quad Cities for over 60 years.Recent Review:This company is the best! I was impressed from the beginning with how clear they were in the quote on what exactly was to be done, so there were no surprises. Everyone on the crew was courteous and professional. The work was completed ahead of scheduleAmanda C.
- Business Description:ADDITIONAL PHONE - 800-221-4699. FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS- since 1978 Small town work ethics, highly trained, competent employees, thousands of satsified customers- our reputation speaks for itself.Recent Review:left a mess. did not do as they told me they would. made the floor crack. they should have told me that that could happen. not happy with their work. I made the mistake of paying cash. I did not get a receipt. please get a receipt or you can pay twiceBarb M.
- Business Description:We take all major credit cards.Recent Review:We had to take him to court to get the money that he kept from us. We won but he still owes us thousands. I do not recommend.Stephanie A.
- Business Description:With 30 years of experience, Kinzler Construction Services is the right contractor for the job. Call us today for a free estimate.Recent Review:The Kinzler team is amazing! They offered suggestions before completing the work to maximize the effectiveness of the insulation, connected me with a company to do this work, provided timely and well-done work, and filed my rebate information with MidAmerican! The entire team was easy to work with and answered all my questions. Highly recommendedBethany W.
- Business Description:We are a General contracting company. We perform all services involved in the completion of unfinished space. We do hire sub contractors when needed. We also stand by their work as well. Though we have only been in buisness for a short time. we have a combined 37 years construction experience
- Business Description:I am a self-taught artist, initially drawn to experiment with pastels and colored pencil, and now working with acrylic on canvas. My art speaks for itself.
- Business Description:Industrial maintenance materials, 1900 ++ products for roofing, parking lots, walls, floors, cleaners, chemicals, epoxy's, urethanes, tapes, caulks, for the do-it-yourself business or home owner.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Red Oak
- Burlington Junction
waterproofing contractors in Villisca
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Goodwin House Moving Inc2964 Coppock Rd
- Goodwin House Moving Inc
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Leading Edge Enterprises 12530 Westridge Rd
- Leading Edge Enterprises
- Olshan Foundation Repair6003 Arlington Ave
Kansas City, Missouri
- Olshan Foundation Repair
- Perk & Company1612 N 60th St
- Perk & Company
- Thrasher Omaha 11844 Valley Ridge Dr
La Vista, Nebraska
- Thrasher Omaha