The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in Runnells, IA
There are 13 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Runnells
- Red House RemodelingWe built our dream home in 1983 and raised our four children in it. Like nine people out of ten in America, we want to live out the rest of our years in our home. Having preemptively purchased long term care insurance to help pay for future in-home medical and support services, we also understood the need to remodel a portion of our multi-level home so that we could live on one floor, when future personal mobility issues would become a factor in our daily living routines. We visited with a number of remodeling contractors at several home shows and chose Red House Remodeling (RHR). Located in Valley Junction in West Des Moines, Iowa, they are a small company of five highly competent individuals that take pride in doing great work and experience a sense of accomplishment from making positive changes in the lives of their customers. Ben, as the contractor, is an honest and direct communicator. He is a systemic thinker, process driven, and highly organized, which mitigated hassles for us and allowed RHR to come in on budget. He was always willing to take the time necessary for us to understand the reasons for any pandemic related delays. COVID-19 has been a huge challenge, as supply chain disruptions have caused certain materials to be out of stock, creating delays in construction. Ben communicated these issues on a timely basis. Stephanie handles administration and marketing for the company. She was prompt and courteous in our requests for information. Jenna, using 3D software, helped us create and visualize the finished project months before the demolition and construction of our home actually began. She paid close attention to our wish list while providing a young professional’s perspective on what it would take to modernize our home. She provided attractive “Plan B” alternatives when COVID related delays forced us to look for different materials to install Chris and Troy are highly skilled construction professionals, that excel in doing quality work in an efficient manner. RHR was a great fit for our project. They understand what is needed to make a home viable for aging in place. We were very comfortable working with them. Finally, for anyone considering home renovation, it’s important to be flexible and willing to tolerate disruption when living in your house during the construction process. We found that the beautiful finished product was well worth the temporary inconvenience. Bill Taber & Susan Taber, Des Moines, Iow
- Des Moines Area RoofingGreat ! Owner Tim came out and did an emergency tarp -- in the rain, as my BR ceiling was leaking. Jan ( office manager ) worked with my insurance until the bid & repairs were enough to give me a great outcome. Their repair guy was professional, friendly and did a good job. I would not hesitate to use them again & to recommend them
- Des Moines Area RoofingThe crew was professional, quick and respectful of the yard. I would recommend them to anyone that is in need of a new roof.
- Element Construction CoTheir performance is absolutely stellar, much better than I’ve ever experienced with anyone else, and that’s by a very long shot. Hire this company. These guys work miracles for some of the best prices around, and this statement stands with no exaggeration whatsoever. Quality work, quality prices. I am honored and quite frankly blessed to have known Jeremy Ferranti. The man virtually saved my life
- Roof IowaRoof Iowa was in and done in one day. A very well coordinated team of hard workers stripped the old shingles, put down new and cleaned up in about 8 hours for both the house and garage. They were courteous and professional. Jon at Roof Iowa also installed new gutters and leaf guards for us as well as took down the old satelite dish. Most importantly he worked within the budget of the insurance estimates for the hail damage. We appreciated that very much
- Midwest Remodel And HandymanHe best contracted I have had in 15 years . He very detailed . There was a problem with existing pipe, he was not working . He told me about it and fix it . He does very good work and he does not try to take short cuts . I will be doing more house improvements and he will first one I will call.
- Scott's Home RenewalWow. These guys are good. Fair estimates that beat most of the competition from a price standpoint. They come to work on time (amazing). They are very trustworthy - I was home with my infant a lot during their work and had no concerns. They're family men and are very concerned with managing expectations. They always went the extra mile for us and we will have them paint our exterior next. They also did some GC for us, subbing electrical, plumbing and flooring work. Very fair on their mark-ups. They've hit 4 rooms of our house so far and will always be on the top of our list. Andy works with his dad, Roger, and his friend, Alex. They subbed two guys who belonged to their church or otherwise well known. When the flooring folks came and we were out of town, they came to "baby sit" since we didn't know the flooring guys. That's how much we trust them
- Scott's Home RenewalI met with Andy for him to give me ideas on how to replace my existing precast steps. Andy provided several options for me and gave me additional feedback on what else might be necessary such as moving the faucet to prevent it from interfering with the steps and adding another step to prevent such a large step into the house. They were able to complete the job in one day. I suspected that I had a hole behind the precast steps due to some unexpected guests in my house. Scott's took pictures of what they found to show me the "hole". He discovered a rather large area was open between the steps and the crawl space. Andy's team enclosed the space to prevent any further guests and it was all included within the original estimate. I appreciated the photos of the before and after since the steps cover that area and I wouldn't have known what the situation was without them. My very happy with my new steps
- Scott's Home RenewalFirst of all, Andy and his father are super friendly, and I chose them primarily because I sensed they would be great to work with. Right from the start he was willing to negotiate his quote with me and refine his scope a bit so we both were satisfied. He was not the cheapest guy, but his price was competitive. My biggest concern with any contractor is obviously quality of work---no problem here. My next biggest concern is a contractor's propensity to find ways to add cost to a project. Andy did not do that. We agreed to a price and he stuck with it. He did not nickel-and-dime me to death. I did ask him once to increase his price for some additional services, which he was willing to do for a very reasonable $350 (I think he might have had some regrets with this amount after realizing how much effort it took, but he did not ask me for any more money!). Andy and his father do high-quality work. I remember telling him that I want both him and me to be proud of what they accomplished, and that is exactly what he delivered. One thing I must emphasize is Andy's willingness to work within my schedule (not only because I, too, work for a living, but because I did some work myself and hired an electrician myself to do an extensive amount of electrical work.) All this hassle with scheduling, waiting, whatever, can be point of contention with some contractors, but not Andy! He understands the homeowner's circumstances and we just worked things out over the phone or email. Also, you can trust Andy in your home. I gave him full access, since I was rarely present when they did their work. He always left the place nice, locked up, and secure. Another key point: Andy hired an excellent cabinet installer---beautiful work---precise, neat, and sound. The plumber he hired is the nicest plumber I have ever met, and he did such a fine professional job. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for hiring professional subcontractors that also care about their customers and the quality of their work. Thank you to Scott's Home Renewal for performing so well and providing such fine results! I highly recommend Andy and will most likely ask him to help me out on my next major renovation project that comes along
- Scott's Home RenewalAndy did the initial bid for all the work at my mother's house. He also gave the bid for work at our house.Everything went very well! Andy and his subs have worked together a long time. They are trustworthy and professional.My husband and I felt the work was well done and the price was reasonable.
Contractors in Runnells
- Business Description:We do rough framing of houses, garages, and sheds. We also do siding installation, deck building, trim carpentry cabinet installation and custom built in cabinets and bookcases. We also build fire place mantles. I have been in the skilled trades for 15 years and love to build things with my handsRecent Review:I ordered a few handmade pieces of furniture ( coffee table and end tables ) as well as engraved and carved signs, the craftsmanship of everything was AMAZING! Everything was done with such skill. Everything was reasonably priced. I will definitely be ordering more stuffCrystal C.
- Business Description:Small outfit completing projects on time and budget with meticulous craftsmanship and time-tested materials, done right the first time to save you money and me the embarrassment of a call-back.Recent Review:Where do I even begin telling you about Tony and the wonderful work he does, the attention to detail, the cleanliness, the "going beyond the call" mentality? We had a water mark showing up on our family room ceiling that was gradually getting bigger and darker. With two bathrooms on the second floor right above the damage we were pretty sure what the problem was. We really didn't know of any contractors that would do this "small" of a job so I went searching. Stumbled across Midwest Remodel and Handyman in my search, saw some good reviews and that's when we were fortunate enough to have met Tony! He came right out and assessed the damage and within a day gave me a fair quote and an estimate of when he would be able to do the work. Hired!!! Then, before he even started this job for us, my mailbox post decided to crap out on us and was almost leaning in to the street. I called Tony just to see if by chance he could fix it for me. Again...he came right out and took care of the problem for me! Unbelievable! When the time came to actually do the work I initially hired him for, he was prompt, diligent, efficient, he cleans up after himself literally every day before he leaves, and I have to say that watching Tony and his helper Brandon work together is entertaining, to say the least! What a couple of great guys with a great sense of humor! And when all was said and done, he stuck to his quote, no overcharging and the work was impeccable. But here is a testimony to the true character of these guys...in the midst of all the repair work going on, my wife had a medical emergency. I had to go pick her up from work and leave her car in the parking lot where she left it as she was unable to drive. On day two of her hospitalization, these guys offered to take me to go get my wife's car so it didn't have to sit in the parking lot any longer. They did not have to do that but that's the kind of guys they are and I was incredibly grateful! Class act all the way! Best of all, we now have someone that we can trust and rely on to do things around the house for us that we just don't have the talent or skills to do ourselves! What a relief!!! We already have more things for him to do! This guy is so good, it didn't take long for our neighbors to catch on...he's doing work for them now tooRod S.
- Business Description:Des Moines Area Roofing Raisin’ the Roof One Shingle at a Time Des Moines Area Roofing is your solution for all your roofing problems. We specialize in full roof replacements, roof installation, roof repairs, and gutter installation for your central Iowa property. We pride ourselves on fast turnaround times and high quality service. Most of our jobs are completed in just one day, with a lifetime warranty backed by outstanding customer service. With Des Moines Area Roofing by your side, you’..Recent Review:Great ! Owner Tim came out and did an emergency tarp -- in the rain, as my BR ceiling was leaking. Jan ( office manager ) worked with my insurance until the bid & repairs were enough to give me a great outcome. Their repair guy was professional, friendly and did a good job. I would not hesitate to use them again & to recommend themNancy H.
- Business Description:We have been in business since 2001, serving central Iowa. We started as a roofing only contractor. However, at the request of our clients, we have expanded to become a full service exterior remodeling company. This includes; siding, soffit, fascia, and gutters! We frequently work with our clients on insurance claims. We offer maintenance deals. We also offer financing options with third party vendors. We are a Certified Owens Corning contractor and Certified GAF contractor. Our team is train..Recent Review:The team sent did a great job! Supplies were delivered when they said they would be and the team was here to start the job when they said they would be here. With a threat of rain, they made sure when they stopped for the night that nothing would get wet that shouldn't and they worked late to ensure any potential rain did not cause any damage. When they removed the old chimney they found the wood was rotted, and replaced it without question. It took them 3 days to complete the job, but they cleaned up as they worked each day and made sure they cleaned up before they left daily. We have found no nails or trash from the job and the house and garage look great. They also took special care of two Clematis plants I have by the garage - and as they were gifts from my sons - it is greatly appreciated. We were impressed with the professionalism, and the work ethic the team showed as well as the quality of completionSharon L.
- Business Description:Providing quality, affordable work from a licensed professional contractor. A large percentage of our business is generated from repeat customers and referrals. We are a trustworthy family business you can count onRecent Review:1. Decided not to go through with this work. As products I was advised to order by contractor were out of stock and decided to do the work with a friend. 2. Looks good! 3. Floors look great; subcontracted out. Should've had couple items clearly written out before work began but happy with the work completed. Dispose of all trash/scrapes myself. I wouldn't hire again due to a couple issues but work completed was an Aadam b.
- Business Description:FOR QUICKEST RESPONSE TIME, EMAIL OR MESSAGE US! -- 4x Super Service Award Winner, specializing in construction services such as Remodeling, Painting, Carpentry, Roofing, Decks/Porches, and Stucco. Our work ethic is simple, we concentrate on quality. We cannot offer cheap prices and quality, and I do not wish to do poor work. We also believe in taking care of everything you need. For example: I don't hire out my gutter work, we do it the right way, we handle everything including the rotted ..Recent Review:We were very pleased with the work Judd and his crew did for us!! During our estimate Judd informed us that our shingles had melted to the roof due to no venting. He is an expert in venting since taking classes and being certified. He offered us a very good deal which included the new venting we needed. We also purchased the extended warranty which provides materials and labor at 100% Judd is very trustworthy. He has amazing integrity and will take great pride in the work he will do for you!! Call him!! 515-705-961Linda B.
- Business Description:Better Builders, LLC is owned and operated in the Des Moines Area. We work with multiple other incorporated and limited liability companies and ensure the owner will be part of the building process throughout your projectRecent Review:I needed to replace a rotted deck on my home. I elected to go with composite materials for longer life. I received bids from two other deck companies, but Better Builders was the most competitive. They answered my questions on materials, gave me a couple options, offered a bid I could afford, and got to the work quickly. The work was very good quality. I was altogether pleased with their serviceRichard B.
- Business Description:Red House Remodeling is a design-build, residential remodeling company that prides itself on offering innovative solutions and unmatched customer service to your major remodeling project. Our employees demonstrate superior knowledge and craftsmanship that is second to none. You can trust Red House Remodeling with your kitchen and bath remodeling, basement finish, room addition and whole home remodeling projects. Red House Remodeling is registered and fully insured in accordance to all Iowa re..Recent Review:Red House did a remodel on our kitchen, we were very happy with the process. Ben and his team provide great communication through all phases of the remodel. They were upfront with pricing and were able to deal with any challenges that came up during constructionJames H.
- Business Description:Local Family Owned Business operating on integrity and honesty for all your Roofing needs. We are striving to "Build Iowa's Trust with every roof". After years of experience in the residential and commercial roofing industry, our family decided to do what we know best - honoring relationships and customers, performing quality work, and respecting your hard earned income. Our projects also include limited LIFE TIME warranty on workmanship. Roof Iowa is continually voted as Ankeny's Best RooferRecent Review:They were great! Jon worked with me and my insurance to get us a new roof and new gutters after the August derecho. He was quick to respond anytime I had questions and gave me great advice on working with my insurance to make sure we got full coverage. I’d happily call them again for any and all roofing needsSamuel S.
- Business Description:Drywall licensed contractor serving L.A for more than 20 years and now serving Palmdale area with Additional number: 8183359147. I am fully insured. NO JOB IS TOO SMALL !!! Give me the opportunity to show you why people prefer the King of Drywall. I never request money in advance (in jobs that are not more than 6 days ). If you're happy with my work, I'm happy to receive payment! If you are not satisfied, I will work hard until you are 100% satisfiedRecent Review:We had worked with Menaci Drywall 6 years ago. At that time, we chose them solely based on Angies List reviews. To our delight, Ciro's work was precise and fastidious. Combined with his level of overall professionalism, he left a lasting impression on us. When faced with a similar project recently, we did not hesitate to reach out to him again for help. Six years later, and our positive impression was only reinforced. The work was perfect, promises were kept, and work was finished on time. Once again, we are already planning our next project, a closet redesign, with Menaci in mind. Thank you to Ciro for your excellent work and professionalismBobbi T.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in Runnells
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- B-Squared Construction27 Pivot Rock Rd
Eureka Springs, Arkansas 72632
- Better Builders, LLC3807 122nd Street
Urbandale, Iowa 50323
- Bob Lasnek construction4501 aurora ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50310
- Bob Peterson Painting4505 Forest Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50311
- Bridgewater Handyman Service LLC2027 64th St
Windsor Heights, Iowa 50324
- B-Squared Construction
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
Pensacola, Florida 32506
- Elevate Construction Inc
- MAWDSLEY HOME IMPROVEMENT505 NE 12th St
Grimes, Iowa 50111
- MDH Design & Construction1986 NW 80th Ct
Clive, Iowa 50325
- MENACI DESIGN DRYWALL The King Of Drywall6713 Quakertown Ave. 1348 windermere ct ,palmdale,ca 93551
Winnetka, California 91306
- METHUM PAINTING411 N Central Ave.
Huxley, Iowa 50124
- Mid States Carpenters Group Corporation2009 Nature Trail
Winterset, Iowa 50273
- Midwest Remodel And HandymanPO BOX 42492
Urbandale, Iowa 50323
- MIKE WEIGEL CONSTRUCTION LLC8517 WINSTON AVE
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
- Mikes General Contracting3224 SW 12th St
Des Moines, Iowa 50315
- Moore Quality Construction215 SE Wildflower Ct
Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327
- MAWDSLEY HOME IMPROVEMENT
- OAKWOOD BUILDERS GROUP316 SW 5TH ST
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
- OAKWOOD BUILDERS GROUP
- Scott's Home Renewal676 44th St
Des Moines, Iowa 50312
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Smart Roofing LLC2614 61St St
Des Moines, Iowa 50322
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Swieter Home Lawn and Snow LLC2900 Capitol Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50317
- Scott's Home Renewal
- Tasler Carpentry LLC4975 170th Ave
Carlisle, Iowa 50047
- Tasler Carpentry LLC
- Umthun Construction11651 NW 121st St
Granger, Iowa 50109
- Umthun Construction
- Woodmaster Remodeling885 NW Aurora Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
- Woodmaster Remodeling