Firstcall Construction & Restoration

Founded 1989 • With Angi since November 2009

Restoration and Remodeling Service Company (see our website at www.firstcalliowa.com for all other services and picture portfolio of completed projects as well as meet all our our employees....

DSM Kitchen Guy

With over 30 years of remodeling experience in the Des Moines Area I have seen it all or done it all. This experience helps me to know the full extent of the remodeling process. This knowledge enables me to put together a complete and detailed estimate so there won’t be any surprises. I work on the job doing much of the install and actively oversee the licensed contractors daily. I know the importance of protecting your home during the project. You can trust your new dream kitchen to Rich Larsen Remodeling, the Des Moines kitchen remodeling expert. Make sure to check out our Testimonials by visiting our website!

Outlaw Painting & light carpentry

Interior painting and light carpentry. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

ACCURATE PAINTING CO

**Exterior Painting Booked Out Until September** INTERIOR & EXTERIOR PAINTING, STAINS & FINE FINISHES, POWERWASHING & EPOXY FLOORS FOR RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL & NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS.

Offers by ACCURATE PAINTING CO on Angi

11/08/2015

saraya P.

Our insurance company recommended First Call so Greg came out and assess the basement back on July 22, 2015. Weeks later they had their "siding" guy Jesse come out and he figured out the leak was coming from the window. I told Jesse and Greg we want them to come out and fix the inside and outside of the house. We tore the deck ourselves in preparations. We waited weeks then turned into months before they sent another contractor (David) to come and basically apologize face to face for the delay. This David guy was nice and apologetic but...I still haven't heard back from him since Sept 15, 2015. I know that contractors are busy but I also want to point out that IF First call was too busy to put me in their schedule book then they should say that and we could have used another company and got the job done months ago. Another thing...they don't return phone calls.

Description of Work
They did nothing but make us wait and then wait some more.

Category remodeling

Dear Mr. & Mrs. [Member Name Removed], I do apologize for your frustration with the process of your insurance loss. After discussing this situation with our staff, at length, every one of my employees that was involved with your situation was surprised to read this review. It appeared that there was early confusion as to the source of the water loss that was not included/covered in the insurance repair scope. Later it was determined that the source was under your deck and leaking into a window below. The problem seems to be around a misunderstanding of who was going to do the exterior repairs to your home to stop the leak that was causing the damage inside of the home. Your review mentioned that you told us that you wanted Firstcall to repair the inside and exterior, however notes in our system indicate that we were waiting on you to let us know when the exterior repairs were done, so that we could start on the interior insurance repair portion. The estimator recalls communication from you that indicated that you wanted to save as much money in the process to help with your deductible etc. If we were informed to do the exterior repairs, we have no record of an estimate or agreement for doing it. I apologize for the misunderstanding in your situation. Knowing that you work with one of our suppliers and personally know the Owners, I sure wish you would have contacted one of the Owners of Firstcall to discuss your frustration, I know we would have resolved this before it became such a big inconvenience for you. We are sorry and wish you well.

03/25/2015

Garrett M.

He showed up when I expected and didn't waste any time. I appreciated both of those qualities. The bid was literally twice what others charged (received 4 bids). I asked him if it was right or if he wanted to adjust and never heard back. Because he knew that I had an insurance claim and that I was getting insurance money to make the repairs, I fear that he was being opportunistic. He wanted to see the claim details and estimates from insurance and told me he would quote for the whole job instead of the one part that I asked him to focus on... It was all very odd (and expensive!)

Description of Work
Provided a bid for ceiling repair.

Category drywall,remodeling

We are sorry that our company wasn't the right fit for your needs. Firstcall is a full service remodeling and restoration company and when we are working on insurance restoration projects, we choose to perform the entire scope of work for each job. Insurance scope cost breakdowns are confusing and some work categories are weak and some areas are strong, so we look at each project as a whole.

06/14/2014

Sheryl S.

FirstCall was very methodical from start to finish. I had a project manager (Larry) who arranged for everything from scheduling the various contractors to figuring out how to get the right bathroom vanity into place (this was, funnily enough, the hardest part of the whole thing. Took three attempts, and what finally worked was Larry coordinating with FirstCall's cabinetry and countertop contractors to build exactly what was needed...at about half the cost of a custom vanity from a local kitchen/bathroom design firm. The project itself was fairly straightforward - I wanted the majority of my unfinished basement done. (I have a home built in 2008.) I wanted a good-sized guest bedroom and a third bathroom, and the rest of the space was designed in open format for a home office, TV den, and craft space. This was done to my specifications, and the craftsmanship was superb. I have a lovely, well-proportioned finished basement. The project stretched on through the summer and fall, owing to difficulties with my work schedule (there were a few weeks that I worked nights, and could not have workers in during the day when I was sleeping) and a couple of unavoidable delays for illness or accident in the FirstCall team. Larry kept everything organized and on-track, in spite of these difficulties and delays. He had as much care and attention to detail for my project on the last day as he did on the first day. I will definitely be calling them back when I start my next remodeling project.

Description of Work
Finished 1100 feet of a 1600 square foot basement with a bedroom, family room, and bathroom. Mechanical room left unfinished at my request.

Category remodeling,basement remodeling

02/17/2014

J & C W.

The cement board siding is cracked. Apparently there was a class action lawsuit regarding the product that they recommended. Now we are left to deal with filling out the papers even though they bought and supplied the siding. We paid FirstCall not the subcontractors. The job site was littered with subcontractors' lunch and garbage. Paint job was so-so. The front windows and door trim were not even painted. Really sad considering we have had great service from them in the past.

Description of Work
Replaced siding on house including some repair work and painting exterior However, the provider did not do the work. It was subcontracted out..

09/02/2013

Kathryn W.

The project manager made the initial inspection, scheduled the crew and let us know what to expect at every step. The crew was fast clean and very careful to protect all the areas of foot traffic. They were always on time, kept us completely informed, and did no work until they were sure we knew all our options. They also worked closely with our insurance adjuster during the claim process. I was so grateful to the team. A sewer backup is a nasty experience but this company treated us so well, took care of all the dirty work, were always pleasant and professional and left us with a clean and fresh basement. If we ever have a need for cleaning and restoration work, we will call First Call again.

Description of Work
Cleaned our basement after a sewage flood. They removed the carpet in the family room, put all furniture on risers,removed baseboards, cleaned all floors and disinfected the entire basement. Then they set up drying equipment and inspected all walls for damage and moisture.

06/09/2013

Renee S.

Scott Cierzan gave us quote & was able to do the job the next morning. Charge was time & half because it happened on a weekend. Seemed expensive at the time but after seeing their work, thought it was totally worth it to get the basement dried out immediately. Very professional; everything explained in detail; excellent follow through to make sure everything was completely dry and that there was no mold.

Description of Work
Sump pump failed during rainstorm. They removed carpeting, dried basement,and ran industrial size dehumidifier and air mover for 2 days.

Category carpet installation

07/25/2012

Susan S.

The worker was on time. He has a timeline when things should be done. He really did a good job!

Description of Work
Firstcall Construction remodeled our kitchen in the middle of March and then our bathroom by the fifth of April. The worker particularly put down the kitchen flooring, put in a window, painted the kitchen and set-up a glass tile for back splash. For our bathroom, the worker painted the walls and put in a ceramic tile shower with a terrazzo floor and a bench.

Category flooring contractor,home remodeling,interior painters

02/09/2012

judi C.

My insurance company contacted them and the representative arrived within an hour to estimate the clean up costs. They were very thorough in recognizing all areas that needed attention. The cleanup and painting started the very next day. The supervisor checked with me repeatedly to see that I was satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
First Call company cleaned my house after a basement fire. The cleaning included repainting of several rooms on my first floor as well as many others things. The painters were very accomodating of my schedule, worked hard when here, and were very professional. I would definitely use them again.

Category remodeling,water damage restoration,interior painters

01/10/2012

CJ M.

Excellent experience. Called and scheduled appt for following week. Came on agreed upon day. Ripped out old chain link and hauled it away. Filled in spots with dirt. Gave me two estimates depending upon how the fence was installed in the ground. Ended up being the cheaper of the two. Would highly recommend and use again in future.

Description of Work
Worked with Landon who ripped an old chain link fence out of my yard.

Category handyman service,remodeling

10/15/2011

Alan K.

The experience was excellent. The project was finished on time (would have been ahead of schedule if a supplier hadn't been delayed), the final price was the same as the estimate, and Larry (project manager) and Joe (his assistant) were prompt, professional, and did great work. I'd definitely use First Call again.

Description of Work
First Call gutted our old kitchen, down to the studs and floor joists, and constructed a completely new kitchen.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Restoration Services Include: Fire damage repair, Water damage repair, Storm damage repair, Mold Remediation, Water dryout/mitigation work, Content cleaning, and all other services related to meeting the needs in the disaster restoration industry. Remodeling Services include: Room Additions, Basement Finishes, Kitchens & Baths, Whole House Remodeling, Commercial Remodeling and much more.

Check, Visa, MasterCard