Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Harlan, IA
There are 0 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Harlan
- Pruitt Outdoor PowerThe service manager George went above and beyond on my behalf. Even though my mower was out of warranty a few months. Let me say he got Troy built to to agree to replace my mower. But he told me because of a manufacturer defect the new mower would eventually experience the same problem. George then offered to fix the mower and correct the issue with a part the they would add and weld, so the problem wouldn't reoccur. Troy built took their time sending the parts, but as soon as they got in. I got my mower back with no charge to me. George really went above and beyond on my behalf. So as far as I am concern they have a customer for life. Don't hesitate to select this business for your lawn care needs. This is the Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth
- J & J Small Engine ServiceThey picked, repaired and returned our snow thrower all in one business week. The other places I called couldn't get to it for weeks. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and the job was done quickly and well.
- Discount Lawn & ServiceJim told me a time that was much faster than a competitor, and he fixed everything that he said he would. Runs great now!
- J & J Small Engine ServiceI had a 5 year old lawn tractor that had never been serviced. It needed a some expert attention and I found that with J & J Small Engine. They had my tractor running like new again and even sharpened and balanced the blades. I truly felt like I was dealing with old friends that I could trust. Everything from conversations with the office staff to Tim exceeded my expectations. I will definitely not wait 5 years to use them again
- J & J Customs and Small Engines, LLCRebuilt the carburetor on my snow blower and replaced gaskets in it. It's running better now than it ever has
- Pruitt Outdoor PowerEverything went great. Matt helped me unload my lawnmower from my SUV wrote up what I needed to have done on it and I was on my way. I was surprised on quickly they completed the work. It looks brand new. Matt helped me load the lawnmower back into my SUV. These guys are great I would certainly go back to them again
- AMP-American Multi-ProductsI decided to make the purchase though I did not need all of the equipment. The TRITON 9000 RS Generator/Compressor/Welder machine was what I really had my eye on. I had never seen a machine with so many functions before. The 10,000 gas generator is the machine I needed the most, but the other stuff I already had in my shop, but at that price it did't hurt to buy it. The unit when delivered to me had oil in the engine. I knew this because the rep fired it up and ran it for me. After the purchase it took me a few weeks to actually need to use it. I cranked it up and ran the air compressor. The compressor ran for about 20 seconds and then it locked up. I couldn't figure out what had happened to it. I called in to AMP and a live rep very concerned transferred me to a service technician. He asked me a few questions and all the breakers and everything where in the correct positions. He then asked the type of fluid in air compressor pump. I informed him the unit delivered with oil in it. We quickly realized at the show the rep has added oil to the engine, but not the air compressor pump. The pump seized due to running with no oil. At this time I noticed there was stickers on the unit that warned about putting oil in the compressor pump. I also noticed in the manual it warned of this as well. I know from dealing with equipment over the years that this was very negligent on my part to not add oil before I ran the unit. I failed to read the manual that warned of this as well. This new air compressor pump that AMP installed at their facility for no charge should not have been covered under warranty. AMP still performed all of the warranty work at no charge!!! This company stands behind their product and goes the extra mile to assist their customers. I will never buy power equipment from another company after how professional they handled this situation. I never write reviews, but felt very compelled to share my story with the world. Thanks again AMP
- J & J Small Engine ServiceWe were in the middle of a horrible blizzard and our snow blower broke down. We snow blow for everybody on our street as a favor, and all the old people could not get out to do their driveways, so my husband took it to them, and they called us the next morning at 10:00 and said it was ready to be picked up. My husband is the one who dealt with them, but he was just tickled pink because it was a cheap fix and they called us as soon as it was ready. We did not have to sit around wondering if it was done. I think they understood that it was a bad spot to be in with a terrible blizzard with no way to clear the walks or the drives. The guy actually did us a favor by actually applying a little shield to the snow blower to prevent the problem from happening again. Their price was very cheap and they did a good job. We have used that snow blower a lot since then, and it has not had anymore problems. I would definitely use them again in the future if I need to
- ED'S LAWN EQUIPMENTThey fix my minor problem with no charge out of the back of my car and they're very helpful. I would recommend them.
- A&E Appliance Repair SpecialistsThey do a very good job. I would recommend them because they are good people. They keep their appointments. They follow through and they keep their word. They do a good job and you usually do not have to call them back for the same job. I have a contract with them for the repairs. The one-time cost is $50. I would use them again in the future
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Harlan
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:We are family-owned and operated and conveniently located in Bellevue, NE. J & J Small Engine Service can provide you with the latest and best in outdoor power products to make your outdoor living more enjoyable. Combine this wide array of selections with our friendly and knowledgeable staff, and we're convinced that you will make us your only stop for all of your outdoor power needsRecent Review:Wrote a honest review and after the mower failed shortly after, they mentioned my review an kicked my out if the store. Who does this! Stay away from these crooks. They basically performed horrible work without my approval and I was unhappy. Apparently I'm the bad guy, ahh ok. If you don't like bad reviews, don't do bad work. Next step, better business bureau. Go elsewhere folksJeff G.
- Business Description:Forty-seven years has brought about many changes in the lawn and garden industry. When Ted’s opened its doors in 1963, there were only a handful of lawn equipment companies: Toro, International Harvester, Sensation, John Deere and McCullough. Since then the market has expanded from a slim selection of lawn mowers to a variety of lawn tools- mowers, trimmers, chainsaws, blowers, snow-blowers- catering to the homeowner, large landscaping companies and everyone in between. Ted’s offers a wide s..Recent Review:They run several weeks to complete work during "the season". Schlepped my mower down for a "tune up". Well, their "tune up" is incomplete. Basically I think it was a once over, but oil change was additional, and parts were additional (as well as labor). They said they would check it all over and let me know what additional work it might need. All told, I spent approximately $300 on a tune up and oil change. Seemed like a lot for a $400 mower, but it had been a couple of years. <br /> Take it home and one week later, it's impossible to push. Husband thinks it's the self-propel belt. I call them and ask and they say "oh, that's not in the tune-up and it must have been fine when we checked it. You probably ran over something that shredded it or knocked it loose. You'll have to bring it back." Seriously? The mower worked FINE for 3 years, I take it in to make it work better, and then--what a coincidence--the belt breaks or comes loose and the people who worked on it know nothing about it? I'm picking the mower up from ANOTHER shop later today because I did not enjoy my experience <br /Felicia K.
- Business Description:4 employees same day service available early bird specialsRecent Review:The mower was very hard to start the following spring, requiring many pulls of the starter cord to get it running. Prior to the service it would start with one or two pulls. I took the mower back to Discount Lawn and Service, only to discover the storefront was empty and there was a sign on the door indicating the owner had been evicted. I had to take the mower to another small engine repair place, which diagnosed my problem as a carburetor that needed to be rebuiltRon V.
- Business Description:We have 3 to 5 employees depending on the season. All work is done in house andwe pride ourselves on customer service.Recent Review:my electric cart voltage meter did not work and i could not make a complete round of golf without losing power. the cart had new batteries this season. my regular repair shop could not pick up the cart for a week. because i could not wait that long, i called terry's. i got the name from the yellow pages. the golf cart was at their business for more than 2 weeks before it was touched. i was constantly told that they would get to it. i informed them that i lived on the golf course and it was costing me $15 per round in cart rental. the estimated cost was less than final bill by more than $100.00. when the cart was returned i told them that i would not use them again nor recommend them to anyone. the cart never worked right. it did not have enough power to carry a passenger for one round of golf and since there was a little more than a month left of the season, i did not call to have them pick up the cart. the cart would carry me for 18 holes, no more, and i did not want to get stuck with more cart rental expense. i called after the season was done to tell them to pick up the cart and fix it right. i was told that they would get to me the following monday to arrange a time for them to get the cart --pich up was an additional charge. i did not hear back until i called 2 weeks later. after talking with 3 different people i was told that they would not look at the cart and i would have to take it elsewhere. the reason given was i made the complaint when the cart was returned and that it was past their 30 day warranty. i admit that it was passed 30 days. however i told them it did not work from day one. further, there was no mention of any 30 day warranty by them or on the repair invoice. i will have to take the cart to another place to be fixed. this is the worst i have ever been treated in service repairshannon O.
- Business Description:We have been in business since 1997.starting out on a parttime bases,slowly growing to the full time business we are today.We are Located between Martinsburg & Bladensburg on a paved county Road.
- Business Description:Best Lawns employs a highly trained staff to exceed your outdoor living and landscape design needs. We prioritize professional development and industry training. We pay attention to the little things and know what it takes to make your property beautiful. We transform properties into works of art and are ready to make your site our next masterpiece. Let our years of experience go to work to keep your yard or garden looking fabulous and immaculate
- Business Description:No employees or subs. Charges on an hourly rate.Recent Review:We had heard of Rod through word-of-mouth. When our lawnmower stopped working we decided to get a hold of him and see if he could do anything about it. While we were thinking about it, we had been given a messed up chainsaw. We thought we would see if he could look at that too..We dropped it off to him about noon <br /> <br /> Rod got back to use the same day with what the issues were (carburetor buildup and fuel line on the mower, bad carburetor and seals on the chainsaw) and how much it would cost before he did the repairs. We authorized them and it was done in less than 48 hours and that was waiting on a part mostly. Not only that, our stuff came back cleaner and nicer then it was when we dropped it off. <br /> <br /> <br /Jennifer P.
- Business Description:Check SP web for specials (07/23/13). Check about other payment options. Social media: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Small-Engine-Recycling-and-Repair-LLC.Recent Review:I called him, described the problem. He understood immediately what the cause might be. Suggested I bring in the mower and he would verify the problem. If it was what he thought it would be, he would order the part and would have the mower fixed in 2 or 3 days (depending on how long it took to get the part. <br /> I had used Small Engine Recycling and Repair this spring to "Tune Up" my electric start Toro. My five year old Toro has worked fine till now. <br /> Seems to be an honest hardworking small business owner - he gets my vote. <br /> P.S. I called the Home Depot Toro repair shop on "L Street" and they indicated there was a 6 or 7 day wait for service. I'm glad I chose Small Engne repair on Industrial. <br /Sally C.
- Business Description:Affordable Contracting & Handyman
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Elk Horn
- Missouri Valley
lawn mower repair shops in Harlan
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Best Lawns420 Obrien Ct NW
- Best Lawns
- CFS Insurance & Notary Services, Inc.3872 State Highway 64 W
- CFS Insurance & Notary Services, Inc.
- Discount Lawn & Service15105 Industrial Rd
- Discount Lawn & Service
- J & J Small Engine Service6912 S 36th
- J & J Small Engine Service
- Panora Auto Parts518 W Main Street
- Panora Auto Parts
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Small Engine Recycling & Repair14717 Industrial Road
- Small Engine Recycling & Repair
- Veteran Landscaping and Home Services1310 S. 166th St
- Veteran Landscaping and Home Services
- Walmart Supercenter - Papillion8525 S 71St Plz
- Walmart Supercenter - Papillion