Have you noticed an unexpected water bill? Your meter might be to blame. This checklist can help you inspect your water meter to make sure it’s in working order.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Fairfield, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local plumbers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Fairfield
- K&J Sewer And DrainAfter the problem was diàgnosed and a few unforseen glitches all went well. My plumber's name was Jason. He was very knowledgeable and polite. I will recommend JASON to others because he was honest and fair Great job!!
- K&J Sewer And DrainWhere do I start?!? If I could give Jason 10 stars, I would. He was at my house an hour after I called in a panic when several drains were clogged and unusable. He was professional, friendly, and got right to work. His experience and problem-solving skills were clear right from the start. When my old pipes for one drain didn’t allow him to snake down far enough to clear the clog, he simply moved to another drain to do what needed to be done. Shortly after that, the clog(s) was cleared. When I despaired out loud while he was in the first drain that it didn’t sound promising, he simply replied, “Don’t worry, I’ll get it cleared!” I would absolutely recommend Jason to anyone and everyone who needs an experienced, honest, friendly and hard-working plumber, and will be sending my family and friends his contact information. I’m already making a list of other plumbing projects I’d like him to do for me. Seriously, the world needs more people like him
- Pro Handyman ServicesIn the middle of his busy day he made time to stop by and help us out when all others were going to be 2 to 3 weeks. He took care of the leaking pipe and was very affordable! I recommend!!
- Pro Handyman ServicesThis is the second time Mark and his wife have installed kitchen cabinets, crown molding on the cabinet tops, and countertops. His work is excellent and done in a timely manner. We recommend his finish carpentry.
- Moos PlumbingGreat job, showed up early after calling ahead first. Was professional and got all the work done in a timely manner.
- Hometown Plumbing & HeatingThis contractor is mediocre, at best. Paid a premium for a water heater to be moved and replaced, but couldn't get all outlets working after the install. So then they tried to sell the idea that they needed a half a day to cut my walls apart and change a mixing valve. Unacceptable, and unexperienced, apparently. I still need the shower fixed, but will find another contractor as I cannot trust Hometown Plumbing Davenport
- Premier Construction ServicesIn February 2013 we hired Premier Construction to undertake an extensive building project which included an addition to our house that doubled the existing square footage, a remodel of the existing space, and the construction of a detached garage. Also included in the project were a rear deck, a front covered deck, and a patio just off the newly constructed walk-out. Our building project with Adam and Premier Construction was definitely a collaborative effort and the design options Adam presented to us always reflected our wishes and preferences. As the project advanced, there were change orders at our request which Adam took in stride with his characteristic can-do cheerfulness. Adam never sees a problem that can't be fixed or a challenge that can't be met and he possesses a great aesthetic sense as well as an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in the construction business. The end result, which we are now enjoying, is a seamlessly executed addition which has all the features we most desired. The quality of workmanship in the addition surpasses that of the original dwelling, a credit to Adam and the first-rate team of employees and sub-contractors associated with Premier Construction. We have no plans for further improvements...but...if we ever decide to build a party shed, we'll call Adam
- Rainsoft Of NE Iowa IncExcellent Service. Technician was knowledgeable, courteous, professional, considerate and efficient. Service was prepaid so paperwork was minimal. Overall experience was great.
- Rainsoft Of NE Iowa IncOn time, done quickly, pleasant personnel. Have done business with Rainsoft for nearly 20 years with no problems.
- Neighbors Heating Cooling Plumbing & GeothermalThey come very quickly and are very thorough. They are also neat with their work and professional! I've never had any problems with them, or the work they have done for me. They have saved me on many occasions. I had a water heater go out on a weekend in the past and they came out that day to help me! The workers are very nice also. I would very highly recommend them. They are the best
Plumbers in Fairfield
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I chose Executive because the reviews were excellent. Their rates were very competitive, in fact better in most cases. From start to finish this company performed like the well oiled machine. The reviews were spot on. They found a reputable carrier within 3 days and my car was picked up 3 days later! The carrier actually arrived one day early, loaded my car with care & delivered it one day early to Santa Fe. It actually arrived before I did! I was prepared for standard the 7 to 14 day wait and I understand this timetable does not always come together but it did for me because Lori & others @ Executive made it happen. My friend accepted delivery of the car and told me the boys who delivered it were extremely cautious unloading my car and very professional. I could not have asked for a smoother transition and I’m so pleased I did not have to navigate this on my ownBonnie W.
- Business Description:Foundation Recovery Systems, founded in 1992, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Kansas City, Moberly, Springfield, and St Louis. Foundation Recovery Systems is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and s..Recent Review:I called on Monday and Tahlor came on Thursday and replaced a 20 year old pump they had installed with their waterproofing system. He also identified an additional problem, showed us the problem and explained what they could do to fix it. Tahlor was extremely nice to work with and left us a bid for the additional work which we have acceptedJoyce S.
- Business Description:Riley Plumbing has seven employees, all residential and commercial plumbing, we offer water softener rental, we do sub-contracting work, billing is submitted after work is completed and the customers are happy with the jobRecent Review:I called midmorning and they said they would be there mid afternoon. Came early afternoon which was excellent. Used a machine to auger our the drain which splattered black crud all over the wall, floor, and washer. He attempted to clean it up with a bottle of cleaner and a rag. After about 15 Min. and about 3% of the area cleaned, I volunteered to clean the mess rather than pay "Plummer wages". Riley Pluming is quick, reasonable, but in this case made a messDale C.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:We chose High Tech because it was able to piece together certain parts of its policies in order to provide coverage for our geothermal heating and air conditioning system. Furthermore, they've been very helpful in terms of providing information and answering our questions, and on one occasion they were even able to help us find a company to service the system for a lesser price than the original installerMatt Z.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:Got results back within 3 days after I mailed the sample. Got the consolidated radon level for test happened for 48hrs. I wish I receive detailed (every hour for 48hrs) would have been more helpful to me.Narendra P.
- Business Description:Home Warranty prides itself on providing the best value in the home warranty industry, making our Home Protection Plan the home warranty of choice wherever we do business.Recent Review:It went very well, the repairman came out the same day, determined it wasn't worth repairing so returned the next day with a new disposal. I only paid the service fee, they replaced the disposal ($150) plus whatever a normal service call would cost, I am very happy with this service and will continue to keep my warranty in place. Very personable and effective customer service, I would recommend this serviceScott K.
- Business Description:Serving Mapleton and the surrounding area, Mapleton Rooter Service & Drain Cleaning offers full service, complete sewer and drain cleaning. Family owned and operated, we offer reasonable costs to clean any drain, and have the experience to get the job done right the first time. Whether you are experiencing issues with your: - Kitchen - Bathroom - Laundry - Basement - Yard - Or office space We have the knowledge and experience to fix your problem! We service commercial, residential, and i..
- Business Description:Roto-Rooter Sewer Drain Service in Ames, IA, is your premium plumbing company, bringing you trusted residential and commercial services for over 17 years! All plumbers are not equal. Roto-Rooter is North America’s #1 plumbing repair and drain service company. Homeowners everywhere have relied on us for honest, professional advice on all types of services. Large jobs or small, we do it all: drain cleaning, plumbing, septic pumping, sewer cleaning and repair, and more! Let our professional plum..Recent Review:Had a water back-up in basement. That was unusual as we have been in the home for 8 years. They cleared line and then we had to call them out again in a few days. Turned out they weren't on main line the first time. Got it right the second time and sent our check backRita D.
- Business Description:Cunningham Inc is a full service mechanical contractor providing services throughout the midwest to Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional customers. Cunningham Inc. Building Integrity
- Business Description:WS Wholesale is your source for all sorts of domestic plumbing products. We are driven to provide great service and great quality. Our products are the best of the best and we are here to help you get the products you need at great prices. We work with commercial plumbing contractors to offer the best quality water, cooling, and heating products at the best prices. Our plumbing products are time-tested and have met customer expectations. Our mission is to offer the best customer service and ..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
The holidays can be hectic, so you don’t want to end up scrambling in case of an emergency. Here’s how to prepare for medical and maintenance emergencies.
Is your drinking water free of lead? If you have brass or copper pipes, it might not be. Find out how to check your pipes for lead.
Find Plumbers in
Plumbers in Fairfield
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Ambient Control Systems609 Pleasant Plain Rd
Fairfield, Iowa 52556
- Ambient Control Systems
- Clarinda Heating and Cooling720 S 12th St
Clarinda, Iowa 51632
- Clarinda Heating and Cooling
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Foundation Recovery Systems1401 E HIGHWAY 24
Moberly, Missouri 65270
- Foundation Recovery Systems
- Great River PlumbingPO Box 972
Burlington, Iowa 52601
- Great River Plumbing
- Irvine Water Conditioning & Plumbing840 1st Ave SE
Oelwein, Iowa 50662
- Irvine Water Conditioning & Plumbing
- Larry Elwood Construction2401 S Federal Ave
Mason City, Iowa 50401
- Larry Elwood Construction
- Mapleton Rooter Service & Drain Cleaning810 Main St
Mapleton, Iowa 51034
- Mapleton Rooter Service & Drain Cleaning
- Taft-Wiley Inc201 E Monroe St
Mount Pleasant, Iowa 52641
- Taft-Wiley Inc
How much does a plumber cost?
Answer: The cost of a plumber ranges from $175 to $480, with a national average of $330. However, the price will vary depending on job complexity, timing, location, supplies and materials, permits, and level of expertise. These costs typically include toilet repairs, faucet installations, and leaky pipes. In addition to the service call, you may also need to budget for haul-away and trip fees often required during more complicated jobs. Ask your local plumbing contractor about these fees before hiring them.
How much does a plumber charge to replace a toilet?
Answer: On average, you can expect to pay your local plumbing contractor between $125 and $230 to replace an old toilet, with most residential homeowners paying around $150 to $180 for professional installation. You’ll need to consider materials and labor when calculating a final price. Not all toilets are equal. Depending on the brand you choose and the features you want, a new toilet might run you anywhere from $100 to $1,300. Add in the price of labor and installation, and your total project can jump up to $200 and $1,500.
How much does a plumber cost to fix a toilet?
Answer: According to our service providers, it costs roughly $75 to $200 on average to have your toilet repaired. However, this price will vary depending on the complexity of the job and the materials needed for the fix. Repairs can be messy and less-than-pleasant to address, but having a functioning toilet is most definitely necessary. If you’re experiencing problems with your toilet, contact a local, reputable plumbing contractor right away, as avoiding repairs can lead to bigger—and more expensive—issues over time.
Is liquid plumber safe for septic systems?
Answer: Good news! Liquid-Plumr® is safe for septic systems. Most drain cleaners disrupt the pH in your septic tank, which prevents the good bacteria from breaking down septic waste. The chemical make-up in Liquid-Plumr® works with the bacteria to break down waste quickly without harming your septic system. Still, it’s best to confirm with your local plumbing provider if Liquid-Plumr® is the right solution for your system.
How much is it for a plumber to unclog a toilet?
Answer: Even the most well-maintained toilets experience clogs. It’ll cost you an average of $200 to $700 to unclog your toilet. Severe clogs will require a more comprehensive repair method, so check with your local plumbing contractor to determine the best approach for unclogging your toilet.
Is Liquid-Plumr®, or any other liquid drain cleaner, safe for septic systems?
Answer: Yes and no. Liquid-Plumr® and other drain cleaners are most effective when used sparingly (one to three times a year). Repeated use of liquid plumber on drains could deteriorate your pipes and cause more damage. If your pipes clog frequently, put down the liquid plumber and call your local plumbing contractor immediately.