We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Richard A Jones Electric Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2008

204 N Old Dixie Hwy

Jupiter, FL 33458

"2014, 2015 & 2017 ANGIE'S LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER" ~R.A.J Electric, Inc. of Jupiter, FL is a female owned and operated minority company. We are a state-licensed, bonded, and insured electrical contractor serving northern Palm Beach County for more than 35 years, and we provide a wide range of residential electrical services, including- electrical repair, emergency response, and installations of home lighting, electric panels, electric fans, backup generators, electric car charging outlets, etc. Our prices are set by the job, not the hour, so you know your costs before work begins. R.A.J. Electric Inc. of Jupiter, FL is an electrical contractor that matches it's top-notch electrical know-how with careful workmanship and true customer service. Our company is licensed, bonded, and insured; and has served northern Palm Beach County for more than 35 years. We value our relationship with our customers and work hard to maintain your trust....

Projects

07/23/2021

Joan H.

PERFECT! Jonathan and Victor were prompt, efficient and personable. They diagnosed the problem and correctly fixed it and I now have hot water again. The cost for the repair was very fair too.

Description of Work
replace breaker for hot water heater

04/27/2021

Kim S.

The service was great! Johnathan and his helper were here on time. The scheduling/dispatch office kept me informed of changes to schedules, while giving me an opportunity to work any changes into my schedule. The work was completed in great time and for a fair price. I'm going to use RAJ again for my next electrical project.

Description of Work
N/A

01/26/2021

ALEXIS L.

My experience with RAJ Electric was Excellent! Their Customer Service is really outstanding. Tammy did a wonderful job with taking my visit request, and Jonathan the Tech who came out to do the work, was so professional, courteous, and Knowledgeable. I totally Recommend this company!

Description of Work
install GFI outlets & quote additional electrical work

01/23/2021

Tom T.

Showed up on time, completed the work, excellent results, charged a fair price.

Description of Work
Fix a floor outlet

07/06/2020

Donna M.

Lance installed original fixture and was available to install this one. Very customer oriented and prompt for appointment. His explanation of product features was easily understood. A delightful experience.

Description of Work
Replace motion light fixture over front entrance

Category electrician

Thank you so much for the raving review! We make it a point of reading the reviews at our staff meetings. You have no idea how much our technicians appreciate getting positive recognition from the customers they have serviced. Thank you for taking the time to post a review!!

07/06/2020

JoAnn T.

They sent a representative to give us an estimate. He came, took a site plan and said he would get back to us with a proposal. That was in May. Not only did we not get a reply, but the office called to ask what we wanted done. I informed the person that we were waiting for a proposal.She said they were working on it. To date, July 6th, we have not heard from anyone. Needless to say, we will not do business with this company.

Description of Work
Install a whole house Generac generator

Category ceiling fans,generator service

02/27/2020

bernard F.

Technitian Jonathan, was complete checking all, when he checked the outside main breakers, He noticed an old outside receptacle , when he checked it out , he found it to be corroded, I don't believe anyone else would have found it. All my electric now works, thanks to Jonathan.

Description of Work
problem with one circuit not working.

Category electrician

Thank you for your "A" rating review! We really appreciate you taking time to fill out the review form online. Reviews not only helps other members when selecting an electrician, they also encourages our technicians to see that their work is appreciated!

04/04/2019

Patricia C.

Excellent. Jeremy is always professional and goes above and beyond. We have worked with RAJ for several years now and love the work ethic. We have them on speed dial! Tammy is always so sweet and warm on the phone. She sends appointment reminders which I very much appreciate. Excellent company and we highly reccomend them.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan repair. Several new up to code electrical outlets replaced in kitchen and bathrooms.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

01/24/2019

Nick F.

All work was completed timely and without any mess

Description of Work
Miscellaneous switch and fixture issues

09/24/2018

Kimberley D.

I called a number of folks on Angie's list for my job, and these are the guys that not only promptly answered their phones, but gave me a call back. Scheduled a consult, and they even sent me a reminder which I appreciated. The consult was very quick and easy and our guy came out on time. It dosen't hurt that I understand some electrical, but they didn't talk over my head and gave me some food for thought on things I didn't necessarily think of. And as always they were open to any questions I may have had. I was given a couple of differnt options which came in email a few days later which also made me feel they weren't just pushing for the most expensive thing. I took my time and thought things through since they give you 30 days, I took a big chunk of that. Once I decided, I gave them a call and I belive I talked to Richard at the time. So I went with a little less expensive option which for now is probably for the best. Later down the road I certainly can upgrade the system which I just might we'll see how it goes. Once the order was in the wait was on (it's Florida after all!) and they had a que so, thats just the way it goes. A little confusion on delivery dates, but we got that taken care of. I'll take the blame for that because they called me and I looked at my phone and didn't recognize the number (oops). Anyway come install day, it was seamless. The 2 gentlemen that came to do the job were absolute professionals. They rolled my generator back, and the electrician go to work putting in the port. We had some discussion on placement beforehand, and the install took a couple of hours. Before I contacted these guys it always amazed me that people would advertise on angies list and then not bother to call you back. Or you get told your job is "too small". Seriously who does that?? Sad!! Thankful that they weren't like that and even though my job was tiny, they were happy to get it done. Would I use them again? Heck yeah! They're definitely my electrician of choice now!

Description of Work
Generator and Generator Port

Category electrician,generator service

06/09/2018

Michael S.

Very professional company. Tech showed up in the scheduled 2 hour window. My only issue was with the book rate pricing - $390 for a 20-30 service call where the material cost might have been $60 for 6 light tubes. Seemed pretty steep.

Description of Work
Converted 3 florescent light fixtures to LED

Category lighting

06/05/2018

Richard H. S.

The electricity went out in our home this past Saturday while we were out of town. The generator started up immediately and sent a message to my phone that it was running. Although FPL later advised that the problem was fixed, my generator continued to run. Although their answering service was not working Sunday, I was able to track down the owner and phoned him Sunday afternoon to tell him I did not know if there was still a FPL problem or the generator failed to turn off. Without specifically requesting immediate service (because FPL was going to come back out) RAJ Electric had someone come to the house Sunday early evening and check out the problem. The service tech, Jordan phoned me after arriving and advised that there indeed was still a power outage and everything was OK with my generator. Thirty-six hours after the power went out FPL finally restored power to my home and the generator shut off. The attentiveness to MY problem by RAJ Electric is not often found in Florida contractors. Although I purchased the generator from another company about five years ago, I switched to RAJ last summer and have been extremely pleased with their service. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Generator Repair

Category electrician

Thank you for your raving review! We try very hard to deliver service that leaves the customer saying exactly what you posted in your review. I am glad we could be there when you needed us and that you are now using our generator services.

03/29/2018

Catherine F.

Jeremy repaired a wall switch that should operate the ceiling fixture, then installed a new ceiling light fixture in the loft. He also repaired 2 floor plugs that had no power.

Description of Work
Repair Switch and Hang Light Fixture

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to servicing your electrical needs in the future.

03/27/2018

A. D.

I really liked the electrician who came out to my home. I felt very comfortable having him work at my home. Ultimately, all went well, but the wet space box installed is what I'd consider very cheap, feels very fragile. No options for that offered. Overall very pleased with the work, but for the 2 things done it was very expensive.

Description of Work
Receptacle Check and Replacement, Wet space box installed.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us. It was our pleasure working with you. It is customers like you that make our job easy!

11/21/2017

Christine J.

Great. Work was done on time and very professionally. Thanks!

Description of Work
Repaired our lighted mailbox.

Category electrician,outdoor lighting

09/18/2017

Richard S.

Very well. Excellent work and very nice people.

Description of Work
Various electrical work

Category electrician

Thank you for the "A" rating and taking the time to post this wonderful review. We look forward to your future business. R.A.J. Electric 561-746-6984

08/28/2017

Jim D.

it was great, professional and on time

Description of Work
as part of renovating our bathroom, we needed lights and outlets relocated and added

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to post this awesome review. We strive to do the best we can do & to be on time. We are honored to be your electrican.

08/16/2017

Bob B.

Very well but i felt like I was paying for training a new employee.

Description of Work
Move light power feeds to attic and replace 4 receptacles

07/18/2017

David K.

Problems with ceiling fan wiring in loft and switch and outlet wiring in office were quickly resolved.

Description of Work
Wiring problems in older home.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to servicing your future electrical needs.

05/18/2017

W S.

Great. Showed up on time and completed job as promised.

Description of Work
Replaced a water heater. Needed a direct wire to house instead of plug.

05/15/2017

Jo Ann S.

They were very thorough and did a good job. We will definitely use them again for future servicing. Very knowledgeable and went over everything with my husband.

Description of Work
Generator serviced

Thanks [Member Name Removed], We will be in touch soon. Sincerely, Gayle

04/06/2017

Marilyn/David R.

They are very good. I put them in my phone. I would absolutely use them again. One person came out immediately. They repaired it right away.

Description of Work
They repaired an electrical switch for our pool. Our spa would not shut off.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for the great review !!!

04/04/2017

Gary G.

Nothing either good or bad stood out. They just did their work. To do better, maybe, (they could provide) a little more personalized service from the company itself. It cost more than $4,000, but I can't remember.

Description of Work
He did some electrical work for me.

02/27/2017

Steven W.

Perfect from start to finish, very satisfied

Description of Work
Wire panel for generator Install additional outlets

Category electrician,generator service

Thank you so much for your "A" rating, we do look forward to your business in the future. I will share your awesome review with the rest of our team.

01/24/2017

scott B.

Outstanding job, prompt and professional

Description of Work
Landscape lighting

Category electrician,outdoor lighting

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the business & awesome review

Insurance Repair Specialist

Insurance Repair is a family owned company who has been working in the tri county area since 1999. We are a trustworthy company that specializes with homeowners filing insurance claims. We specialize in the restoration of homes and businesses that have been damaged by fire, smoke, wind, water, mold, vandalism, and bio- hazardous losses. We provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We are here to help you get your home back together as quickly as possible. www.irs-repair.com

Certified Mold Free Corp

*All work supervised by Gary Rosen PhD Biochemistry/Molecular Biology (UCLA). *We do not use any hazardous chemicals that leave a chemical residue. We are a green, chemical free company. *State licensed building contractor with a specialty in mold and water damage. Florida state licensed mold contractor. Building contractor's insurance PLUS mold/environmental professional liability insurance. *Mold Assessment for Mold Sensitive People (combination of testing and inspection to find what air testing alone cannot find). * Non-emergency sewage and bio-cleanup. *Most mold/water damage jobs involving a few areas can be completed in 1-2 days including remediation and drywall build back. **Free Estimates for Homeowners Only.

Offers by Certified Mold Free Corp on Angi

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    EC0002688
    Florida
    Florida: General
    08/31/2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Residential & Commercial Repairs & Service, Lighting Fixture Upgrades, Installing Ceiling Fans, Security & Motion Lights, Dimmers, LED Upgrades, Dock Lighting, Electric Vehicle Charging Outlet, Landscape Lights, Panel Change, Fluorescent Light Repair, Switches, Outlets, Smoke Detectors, TV Mounting, Under Cabinet Lighting, Recessed Lights, Panel Surge Protection, Timers, Wiring Water Heaters, Holiday Lighting, Generator Sales & Service

Large Commercial Work & New Home Wiring