When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in West Hartford, CT
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in West Hartford
- Gove Restoration LLCMatt Gove of Gove Restoration LLC transformed my very unruly bank to an incredible dreamlike zen garden utilizing stone stairs and boulders as the main focal point. Together with another exemplary Wethersfield talent "Artie" ("A.H. Hutchinson Landscaping"), Matt Gove's total vision came alive especially w/ the Japanese zelkova tree, assorted plants, & decorated stones. I totally love Matt's passion & energy towards any project inside/outside of my house. Highly communicative & open to anything -- Matt Gove is numero uno always for me
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLCMark came out to our home and plotted out our property line for us. He explained what he was going to do before hand. When the job was finished he walked me around the property line and answered all of my questions.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid did an excellent job with the survey. The survey contained the placement of all of the trees which was very helpful as it cleared-up ownership. David was very prompt and professional. I would definitely recommend his services. His prices were in line with what I expected (talked to others who had surveys performed by different contractors)
- Total Control Surveys, LLCTotal Control Surveys was an absolute pleasure to do business with. David Sherman is a total professional who has a passion for his craft. He will not try to sell you something that you do not need, so there is absolutely no pressure in dealing with this man. He was amazingly thorough and I was surprised at the amount of work and time he spent on this job for the money we paid. He was extremely flexible and worked around our schedule. He met us in the evenings or weekends to go over his work product, answer any questions, etc. He was extremely patient with us and made sure we understood every aspect of our survey and our rights with regard to our property boundaries. He even gave us a bit of a history lesson about our property and our area as he researched the historic records associated with the property and area to insure we were getting the most accurate records possible. All property boundaries were well marked by David and we also spent the few extra dollars on having him draw up a map. I was not going to spend the extra money for this, but was truly glad I decided to do it. It was an amazing work product that now becomes a permanent record of the town. David was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring a professional survey
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid Sherman was a pleasure to work with. Of the several surveyors I contacted, he was the only one who replied promptly and took the time to explain the entirety of his process to me before I hired him. Over the course of a several days he researched my property at the town hall, located several location monuments throughout the neighborhood, identified the corners of my lot, and placed stakes at the corners and along the borders where the fence will go. He was very good about keeping in touch via phone or email so I would know where he is in the process and when he would be working back on my property again. When finished, he took the time to walk me around the property to show me where he marked the boundaries and explain a bit of what he did. As a new homeowner I've hired several contractors to do various work, and each time I felt unsure over whether the contractor was doing quality work at a reasonable price - but David was the exception. He clearly is experienced at what he does and takes the time to make sure it's done right. He stuck to his originally quoted price even though I saw him working on my property for several more hours than he listed on the invoice. I was so pleased at feeling like I got my money's worth for the first time that I almost gave him a tip - but I hope this review will be worth more to him, as he certainly earned it
- Total Control Surveys, LLCI had contacted Dave to perform a survey on my property that I have owned now for a year and a half, as this has never been done on this property since its construction in 1950. I am a corner lot, and abut two neighbors. The property lines seemed to be so obscure between neighbors, that I was even unsure as to where I should be mowing my lawn! Dave and I had email contact where I advised what I would like done, as I was looking to eventually erect a fence. He explained the job in detail and provided a cost break down of each service performed. He was much fairer than a previous quote I had received, with much more attention to detail of services to be performed. We decided to move forward with the survey, and although he was very busy, he was able to fit time in to complete the project sooner than expected. Dave was very professional, even having to deal with my nosy, and somewhat rowdy - rough around the edges - neighbors. They are very confrontational and always in everyone's business, and you can't predict what kind of mood they will be in for the next time you see them. I wasn't even there to be able to serve as a buffer, but you can bet I heard all about it! Giving this, Dave's promptness and professionalism was even more appreciated! The sooner I can get a fence up, the better! I had not purchased a map of the survey that would be filed with the town at the time of the service, but Dave let me know that it can be available for purchase should I choose to do so at a later date. It is my intent to do so. All in all, I thank Dave for his exceptional service, and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave; the owner, provided exceptional service. I received more than what I had expected. He provided the stamped drawing in more than one format. He was timely in getting me the drawings and consistently followed up with me to make sure he was providing me with what i needed. He visited the Town and met with the planning department to discuss what they wanted, so he fully understood the assignment. Dave was very professional and provided his findings to me in a language I understood. Dave went out of his way to get his calculations, even visiting my property in the severe snow. Dave is a high quality professional that you can rely on to deliver a quality end result. I would strongly recommend Dave to anyone looking to have a survey performed
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave did a great job. He was very responsive to what I needed and answered all my questions. He also gave me great advice. He was also practical and ended up saving me money. I would recommend him to anyone who wants the job done right.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCI would highly recommend using Total Control Surveys. David Sherman got back to me quickly, quoted me a good price, and completed the job promptly. He was extremely knowledgeable and professional.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCThis Total Control Surveys, LLC survey went very smoothly and was actually fun in which to participate. Dave is an easy going, friendly person, who took our many "can you also include" requests in stride. I was amazed at the technology he brought to the project, and its speed and accuracy. Dave is quite thorough and meticulous in a profession that requires those qualities
Land Surveyors in West Hartford
- Business Description:License #: 600132. Additional DBA - Gove Restoration LLC. Family owned & operated. Award winning.Recent Review:We have heard many great things about Gove Restoration and then had an opportunity to use them. They did not disappoint. They are reliable and professional. After coming to our home to look at the job they provided us with a very detailed and clear estimate of what needed to be done with a few options. They were respectful of keeping the area they were working on neat and clean during and after days end. Their workmanship cannot be beat. They provide high quality work and great customer service. I would never hesitate to use them again and recommend them to anyone who is doing a home renovation projectDeb B.
- Business Description:Full Service Site Design, Land Surveying, and Structural Engineering Office.Recent Review:It went great. The report was on point.Steven A.
- Business Description:At Executive we use common sense, hard work and the latest techniques to provide comprehensive landscaping. Whether it is an occupied cityscape or a peaceful suburb, we understand your property is unique. As a result we design, create and maintain exclusive environments, which reflect your image, vision and budget. We truly believe landscaping construction is far more that just installing plants and lawns. We closely analyze factors, which build the framework for a healthy landscape; draina..
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business located in hebron, connecticut, serving connecticut since 1990. There is no job too large or too small for our staff with over 100 years of combined experience in all aspects of surveying and planning. We pride ourselves on working closely with our clients to achieve their goals with honesty and integrity. Additional address - PO Box 497 Columbia, CT 06237Recent Review:HE WAS VERY HELPFUL OVER THE PHONE..GAVE ME SOME GOOD POINTERS AND EVEN TOLD ME HOW TO DO SOME RESEARCH MYSELF. INSTRUCTED ME TO GO TO THE TOWN AND SEARCH FOR EASEMENTS. I WAS TRYING TO DETERMINE SOME LEGAL DRIVEWAY BOUNDARIES. THE MAN WAS TERRIFIC AND TOOK HIS TIME WTIH ME and SAVED ME SOME MONEY.I highly recommend him to any of my friendsmarilyn m.
- Business Description:Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCRecent Review:My dealings were specifically with John Cyr. I hired him to do a survey on my property, he said he would be there in two weeks to start the work. He never showed. I called him, he had no idea who I was, only said he look at his notes and call me back, he never did. At some point I was able to get him back on the phone and was treated only to mealy mouth platitudes. At this point I fired him. Find someone else to do your survey work, Cyr's word is no goodjohn y.
- Business Description:Commercial and Residential Surveys - Family Owned Business - Serving Northwest Connecticut for Over 80 Years - We Provide Engineering Services Too - Open Saturday and Sunday by Appointment Only
- Business Description:Team with over 20+ years experience.Specialties include but not limited to making a not so clean house/apartment look new again.
- Business Description:SM Welch Remodeling is a full service remodeling company located in Marlborough, CT. We assist our clients from their initial concept and design to completion and occupancy. If your needs are a simple re-decorating of an existing space, re-purposing of an unused basement or a complete addition, SM Welch Remodeling is the right choice. Please consider this an invitation to contact us for a no-obligation consultation and free estimate on your next renovation projectRecent Review:<p> This was the worst experience I ever had with a contractor since purchasing my house as a single parent 35 yrs ago.</p> <p>We still have other renovations to make, but I do not recommend Scott Welch and would never hire him again.</p> <br /Felice C.
- Business Description:Founded in 1992, Tata & Howard, Inc. is a specialized water, wastewater, stormwater, and environmental services consulting engineering firm that strives to improve the environment in which we live through our work. We provide a full range of engineering services, from concept to completion, including reports, design, construction administration, resident observation, and start-up. By bringing our strong technical knowledge and dedicated service to all sized markets, both public and private, w..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- New Britain
- Rocky Hill
- South Glastonbury
- East Hartford
land surveyors in West Hartford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- EXECUTIVE LANDSCAPING INC37 Nettleton Ave
North Haven, Connecticut
- EXECUTIVE LANDSCAPING INC
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC1204 Farmington Ave
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC
- Little David J Land Surveyor25 Country Club Rd
- Little David J Land Surveyor
- PARIZO PETER SURVEYING & ENGINEERING536 S MAIN ST
West Hartford, Connecticut
- PARIZO PETER SURVEYING & ENGINEERING
- SM Welch Remodeling16 Ogden Lord Road
- SM Welch Remodeling
- Tata & Howard, Inc.321 Research Parkway
- Tata & Howard, Inc.