If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Truckee, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Truckee
- DaBella - BendKylee came and talked to us about the possibility of replacing our windows. She was very kind, knowledgeable, honest and did not push us when we explained we didn't think we really needed windows at this time. She looked at them and agreed. She left us some cards and explained some other services DaBella offers. If we ever need windows or other repairs, we will definitely call Kylee back read less
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeGreat! It looks wonderful now. Jim had refinished another tub for me about 7 or 8 years ago and it still looks good. (aside from a few chips that I created by dropping things in the tub). Jim is very professional and takes great pride in his work. He is conscientious about his work and is determined to produce a finished project of which he can be proud read less
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeJim from Miracle Method is a fricken TREASURE. We've been redoing out 1949 knotty pine cabin in Tahoe and have had both good and bad experiences with local contractors and tradespeople. Jim stands out as being among the most honest, hard working, helpful and affordable people we have worked with. He did a beautiful job on our tired 1949 cast iron tub with chrome trim, and it's 1970s heavy-duty, floor to ceiling fiberglass surround... it's BIG. It looks like a spa now. AND he's a pleasure to have around the house, hooked us up with our window people who were also great, and came in at least $200.00 below what we prepared to spend. This is an honest, fair, friendly, hardworking man who does great work.... You can't go wrong read less
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeMy house was built in 1911. I have old cast iron ceramic-coated bathtub that had chips and the glaze was entire worn away. I contacted Miracle Method in October 2014. Jim Shelton arrived on time and with a smile. He did a thorough evaluation of the tub and marble surround and explained the cleaning, repair and finishing process in detail. He explained the entire process would take about two maybe three days. The entire house was undergoing complete renovation with several phases of repair and our timeline was flexible. In addition, I was managing this renovation project from Virginia, 2500 away. At the time, the new HVAC system had just finished being installed and had not been activated yet and it was 40 degrees in the house. Jim explained that in order get the tub epoxy to set the ambient temperature would need to be at least 68 degrees. Jim stated he could start when it was convenient for my renovation schedule and when the heat was on consistently. He was able to give an estimate on site and we set a date for the following month, November 2014. Due to the flexibility of the project, Jim was able to work on the tub and marble in between his own scheduled appointments. Jim finished the job in three days. I was not able to see the finished product until April of 2015 when I made a trip to Reno to oversee the final details of the whole house renovation. Jims? work did not disappoint. The tub looked brand new. Simply amazing! And the marble was gleaming! Can?t say enough how pleased I was with the work. Jim was great to work with and very accommodating. I would hire Jim Shelton with Miracle Method again and highly recommend him for any bathtub restoration needs. He does beautiful work at a fair price read less
- USA BathOverall, I think they did a great job for me. They were able to complete all of the work within one day, which I thought was great! Their guys were very professional, nice, and thorough. For example, they checked my subflooring. Their work is guaranteed for life, and my new stall is working wonderfully read less
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeI can't say enough about how professional Jim was and what a great job he did on the old bath/shower. By having Miracle Method refinish the fixture, we saved well over a thousand dollars and ended up with what looks like a brand new bathtub/ shower combination. I could not be happier with the work or with the professional and expeditious service that was provided. I would recommend Jim and Miracle Method without reservation read less
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeIt couldn't have been more perfect. Love JIm! He did a beautiful and perfect job. I used the "other" Reno tub guy to do the initional job, but Jim was the one who came out and "wanted" to do the touch up and redo chips job. Jim returns calls promptly and is very professional. He does what he says he is going to do. Love the job. Will continue to use him when my refinished tubs and wall tiles need touch ups read less
- USA BathMy interaction was very positive. They were very prompt and professional. They were well prepared. They lady name Karen came in with an IPad and showed us all different kinds of pictures. Everything was great until she told us the cost. I told her that we would be getting some other proposals. We ended up using a competitor read less
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeBoth the bathtub and kitchen sink look wonderful! Jim works so hard and does a very fine job! He even offered to put me up in a hotel when I complained about the fumes at the end of the first day of refinishing( the fumes did become manageable later that day as promised)I would definitely recommend this company after using two other re finishers with disastrous results...I wished I would have done my research on these companies before I hired them. I used Miracle Method because of the positive reviews on this site. Update 3/29/15 Well, it's been almost a year now that Jim refinished my bathtub and stripped my kitchen sink and after following Jim's advise on care....they look as good as the first day! This is the guy to hire...couldn't be happier!! read less
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeIn the past we had used 2 other firms that do bathroom refinishing. It was always a disaster both from a professional standpoint and the inferiority of their products and workmanship. After seeing numerous ads for Angies list I thought I wouild give it a try. That's when I found Miracle Method. I struck gold with this firm. Jim from Miracle Method always responds promptly to our calls. He is professional and is prompt for all appointments. When he refinishes our tubs, they look like brand new and it saves us alot of money, as we do not have to remodel the bathrooms. He works well with the tenants and is flexible with all his arrangements so as not to inconvenience anyone. I cannot speak highly enough where this company is concerned read less
Bathtub Refinishers in Truckee
- Business Description:Bath Planet of Reno specializes in one-day bathroom transformations including - bath and shower remodels, bath to shower conversions, replacement bath systems and tub liners, as well as walk-in tubs and roll-in showers. Our consultants are extremely experienced in understanding and solving technical issues for any remodel. Our certified Bath Planet installers have completed over 10,000 installations and are on the cutting edge of installation methodology in the industry. We will install your.. read lessRecent Review:I would not use this company again. I must point out that the owner, Alan; the manager, Dan and the lead tech, Lemoine deserve ratings of "A." The workmanship, the quality of materials, and the delays I experienced were inordinate and unreasonable and those issues deserve a rating of "D-" The project demo and construction began on 3-16-20. It was finally completed on 5-28-20 with a followup issue addressed on 6-19-20. WORKMANSHIP: The first tech installed the sink P trap incorrectly, resulting in a leak. A 2nd tech fixed the leak but the P trap was still installed at an incorrect angle. The first tech decided (without consult with me) to cut the backsplash from 6" to 4". The first tech left white stains on the floor from the old toilet. One of the techs dropped one of the heavy shower panels on the shower pan, resulting in damage. The epoxy repair material had to be ordered, resulting in another weeks delay. On June 19, the lead tech had to come and replace the caulking at the bottom of the shower panels because they were loose and leaking behind the panels. QUALITY OF MATERIALS: The Kohler LUXSTONE is described as easy maintenance and cleaning. NOT TRUE. Shower panels must be cleaned with squeegee and wash cloth. One of shower panels has streaks that cannot be removed and that panel is of a different texture and finish than the other 2 panels. The CARDINAL glass surface protector (costing an additional $300) is supposed to repel water and oil It takes between 15-20 minutes to clean these glass doors. They must be cleaned with a squeegee and dry towel after EACH use. If any water drops dry on the glass, it must be rewet and then toweled off after EACH use. The vanity top (a Corian type composite) has scratches that appeared after 3 weeks of use. Isopropyl alcohol leaves a noticeable stain, which cannot be removed by any of the approved cleaners. However; the lead tech advised me to use a Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean the spots. The spots became less visible but the magic eraser left a white film over the vanity top. One of the shower doors opens at random and when the other door is cleaned. Initially, the gap created was about 12 inches wide. The tech worked on the door and the gap is now about 1 inch wide (which I live with). There was a gap under the shower door closest to the shower head, causing a large amount of water to splash onto the floor. This was addressed with a stop gap method of installing a small strip of vinyl under the shower door. One of the light globes (out of 4) was cracked and broken before construction even began. DELAYS: From the first day (3-16-20) there was a delay because the work began without the shower pan. Had to be ordered, resulting in weeks delay. The handles on the vanity drawers were the wrong type ordered. Knobs with predrilled ONE HOLE openings were installed. The drawer facades had to be reordered with correct handles (TWO HOLE predrilled). Another weeks delay. The drawer facades that the factory sent did not match the color of the vanity. Those facades had to be returned and another set of 8 drawer facades had to be ordered. Another delay of weeks. The owner, the manager, and the lead tech tried to do the best they could to address the issues but the quality, the workmanship, and the delays were just unreasonable. My rating of A on professionalism applies only to the 3 gentlemen above. I would rate the first tech with a D- on professionalism. The rating I gave on Punctuality has to do with the inordinate delays in completing the project. The workers themselves were punctual read lessJackie C.
- Business Description:Independently owned & operated. Award winning. Additional DBA - Miracle Method of Reno Tahoe Inc.Recent Review:Great! It looks wonderful now. Jim had refinished another tub for me about 7 or 8 years ago and it still looks good. (aside from a few chips that I created by dropping things in the tub). Jim is very professional and takes great pride in his work. He is conscientious about his work and is determined to produce a finished project of which he can be proud read lessJeanette J.
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditions read lessRecent Review:This company is nowhere near where we live. Hundreds of miles away. BAD algorithm. Almost as bad the one that put us in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. If your algorithm can identify districts in a city it ought to recognize an address that was located +30 miles away from it as NOT being part of it read lessL. B.
- Recent Review:Other companies wanted $450-$800. They told me they couldn't match the color. I spoke with 5 companies. He gave me a quote over the phone and described what he would have to do. He charged me less and matched the color perfectly. It only took him 2.5 hours. He worked very hard. I can't say enough about this company. <br /> <br /> I would give him an A+ if I could read lessSteven S.
- Business Description:We repair & refinish bathtubs, showers, sinks, countertops and do fiberglass repairs. We also do chip repairs and color changes.
- Business Description:I am my only employee with access to other hands should the job require more than myself. All billing is by check or cash. I am reasonably priced and will beat competitors.
- Business Description:Blue Lake Seal Coat and Striping is a family ran seal coat and striping company. We operate a heavy duty 520 gallon seal coat tank. We handle all jobs no matter how big or small. From your private drive way to your large business parking lot, installing signs, bumpers, striping parking spaces, handicap spaces, and no parking fire lanes. All at competitive rates. Why Seal Coat? Weatherproofs: Prevents damaging water penetration Like-New Appearance: Provides a new, fresh appearance with a j.. read less
- Business Description:South Lake Tahoe Cleaning Co specializes in residential rentals, VRBO, for-sale cleaning, one time or as-needed cleaning, commercial and construction cleaning.
- Business Description:This is a 2 man crew, 2 big trucks, we do invoices, per job pricing, or hourly.
- Business Description:DeBell * Home Improvement center is your premier Home Improvement Company in Northern Nevada and Northern California since 1990, with over thousands of jobs installed. Offering the Highest Quality of products such as; Bristol Replacement Windows and Doors; Forever Coat - a permanent maintenance solution to never paint again; Bath One - one day bath remodel; Cedar Ridge Composite Siding, and our newest product Green Energy Barrier - Attic insulation. All of our products are customized for exis.. read lessRecent Review:No complaints. Excellent window <br />Diana V.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- Tahoe Vista
- Carnelian Bay
- Kings Beach
- Tahoe City
- Olympic Valley
- Incline Village
- Washoe Valley
- Vc Highlands
- Zephyr Cove
- South Lake Tahoe
- Mound House
- Carson City
- Sun Valley
- Virginia City
- Spanish Springs
bathtub refinishers in Truckee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Blue Lake Sealcoat and Striping488 McFaul Way
Zephyr Cove, Nevada
- Blue Lake Sealcoat and Striping
- Cul-Mar Products2245 Dickerson Road
- Cul-Mar Products
- Debell Home Improvement Center 2600 S Virginia St
- Debell Home Improvement Center
- Nornev home repair and maintenance services690 katherine st
- Nornev home repair and maintenance services
- South Lake Tahoe Cleaning Co.PO BOX 3502
- South Lake Tahoe Cleaning Co.
- USA Bath5580 Mill St Ste 900
- USA Bath