Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Tahoe Vista, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Tahoe Vista
- DaBella - BendKylee came and talked to us about the possibility of replacing our windows. She was very kind, knowledgeable, honest and did not push us when we explained we didn't think we really needed windows at this time. She looked at them and agreed. She left us some cards and explained some other services DaBella offers. If we ever need windows or other repairs, we will definitely call Kylee back
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeGreat! It looks wonderful now. Jim had refinished another tub for me about 7 or 8 years ago and it still looks good. (aside from a few chips that I created by dropping things in the tub). Jim is very professional and takes great pride in his work. He is conscientious about his work and is determined to produce a finished project of which he can be proud
- USA BathIt went well and pretty smooth. I did take about 2 days but they made sure everything was perfect before they left.
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeBoth the bathtub and kitchen sink look wonderful! Jim works so hard and does a very fine job! He even offered to put me up in a hotel when I complained about the fumes at the end of the first day of refinishing( the fumes did become manageable later that day as promised)I would definitely recommend this company after using two other re finishers with disastrous results...I wished I would have done my research on these companies before I hired them. I used Miracle Method because of the positive reviews on this site. Update 3/29/15 Well, it's been almost a year now that Jim refinished my bathtub and stripped my kitchen sink and after following Jim's advise on care....they look as good as the first day! This is the guy to hire...couldn't be happier!!
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeThey were hard to get ahold of and schedule but once that was done, he showed up on time and did a good job. Price was reasonable and gave me a lower price then the estimate. All in all, did a great job.
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeJim from Miracle Method is a fricken TREASURE. We've been redoing out 1949 knotty pine cabin in Tahoe and have had both good and bad experiences with local contractors and tradespeople. Jim stands out as being among the most honest, hard working, helpful and affordable people we have worked with. He did a beautiful job on our tired 1949 cast iron tub with chrome trim, and it's 1970s heavy-duty, floor to ceiling fiberglass surround... it's BIG. It looks like a spa now. AND he's a pleasure to have around the house, hooked us up with our window people who were also great, and came in at least $200.00 below what we prepared to spend. This is an honest, fair, friendly, hardworking man who does great work.... You can't go wrong
- Miracle Method - Reno/TahoeJim arrived as scheduled and carefully prepped the whole area to protect everything in the bathroom. He then proceeded with the preparation and spraying of the tub. The smell is not the greatest but is well worth the time and effort to do it. As the glaze dries the smell disapates. Plus they ventilate the room well with a fan system they bring. Unfortunately, this bathrooom has no window so the tubing had to be taken across the hall and placed in the window there. The next day, Jim arrived as scheduled and finished the job. He leaves the area totally clean. I accidentally knicked the tub in a couple of places with a ladder while painting and Jim came back and fixed the spots for free and you cannot even see they were there. I am extremely pleased with my experience and the results
- USA BathMy worker was professional and worked 9 hours straight with a break of 15 minutes. Took me through every step. Cleaned up expertly. You'd never know any work was done.
- USA BathMy interaction was very positive. They were very prompt and professional. They were well prepared. They lady name Karen came in with an IPad and showed us all different kinds of pictures. Everything was great until she told us the cost. I told her that we would be getting some other proposals. We ended up using a competitor
- USA BathI called Bath Planet - Reno up and I told them that I'm a person that deals in truth. I told them that I'm trying to find out as much about the jet tub to see if I can afford it or not or if I even want one and that was acceptable with them. They came out here to the house that late evening and I was very impressed. They seem to be very, very honorable. They are far, far in advance of the other company that I have looked into
Bathtub Refinishers in Tahoe Vista
- Business Description:Bath Planet of Reno specializes in one-day bathroom transformations including - bath and shower remodels, bath to shower conversions, replacement bath systems and tub liners, as well as walk-in tubs and roll-in showers. Our consultants are extremely experienced in understanding and solving technical issues for any remodel. Our certified Bath Planet installers have completed over 10,000 installations and are on the cutting edge of installation methodology in the industry. We will install your..Recent Review:I would not use this company again. I must point out that the owner, Alan; the manager, Dan and the lead tech, Lemoine deserve ratings of "A." The workmanship, the quality of materials, and the delays I experienced were inordinate and unreasonable and those issues deserve a rating of "D-" The project demo and construction began on 3-16-20. It was finally completed on 5-28-20 with a followup issue addressed on 6-19-20. WORKMANSHIP: The first tech installed the sink P trap incorrectly, resulting in a leak. A 2nd tech fixed the leak but the P trap was still installed at an incorrect angle. The first tech decided (without consult with me) to cut the backsplash from 6" to 4". The first tech left white stains on the floor from the old toilet. One of the techs dropped one of the heavy shower panels on the shower pan, resulting in damage. The epoxy repair material had to be ordered, resulting in another weeks delay. On June 19, the lead tech had to come and replace the caulking at the bottom of the shower panels because they were loose and leaking behind the panels. QUALITY OF MATERIALS: The Kohler LUXSTONE is described as easy maintenance and cleaning. NOT TRUE. Shower panels must be cleaned with squeegee and wash cloth. One of shower panels has streaks that cannot be removed and that panel is of a different texture and finish than the other 2 panels. The CARDINAL glass surface protector (costing an additional $300) is supposed to repel water and oil It takes between 15-20 minutes to clean these glass doors. They must be cleaned with a squeegee and dry towel after EACH use. If any water drops dry on the glass, it must be rewet and then toweled off after EACH use. The vanity top (a Corian type composite) has scratches that appeared after 3 weeks of use. Isopropyl alcohol leaves a noticeable stain, which cannot be removed by any of the approved cleaners. However; the lead tech advised me to use a Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean the spots. The spots became less visible but the magic eraser left a white film over the vanity top. One of the shower doors opens at random and when the other door is cleaned. Initially, the gap created was about 12 inches wide. The tech worked on the door and the gap is now about 1 inch wide (which I live with). There was a gap under the shower door closest to the shower head, causing a large amount of water to splash onto the floor. This was addressed with a stop gap method of installing a small strip of vinyl under the shower door. One of the light globes (out of 4) was cracked and broken before construction even began. DELAYS: From the first day (3-16-20) there was a delay because the work began without the shower pan. Had to be ordered, resulting in weeks delay. The handles on the vanity drawers were the wrong type ordered. Knobs with predrilled ONE HOLE openings were installed. The drawer facades had to be reordered with correct handles (TWO HOLE predrilled). Another weeks delay. The drawer facades that the factory sent did not match the color of the vanity. Those facades had to be returned and another set of 8 drawer facades had to be ordered. Another delay of weeks. The owner, the manager, and the lead tech tried to do the best they could to address the issues but the quality, the workmanship, and the delays were just unreasonable. My rating of A on professionalism applies only to the 3 gentlemen above. I would rate the first tech with a D- on professionalism. The rating I gave on Punctuality has to do with the inordinate delays in completing the project. The workers themselves were punctualJackie C.
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditionsRecent Review:This company is nowhere near where we live. Hundreds of miles away. BAD algorithm. Almost as bad the one that put us in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. If your algorithm can identify districts in a city it ought to recognize an address that was located +30 miles away from it as NOT being part of itL. B.
- Business Description:Blue Lake Seal Coat and Striping is a family ran seal coat and striping company. We operate a heavy duty 520 gallon seal coat tank. We handle all jobs no matter how big or small. From your private drive way to your large business parking lot, installing signs, bumpers, striping parking spaces, handicap spaces, and no parking fire lanes. All at competitive rates. Why Seal Coat? Weatherproofs: Prevents damaging water penetration Like-New Appearance: Provides a new, fresh appearance with a j..
- Business Description:South Lake Tahoe Cleaning Co specializes in residential rentals, VRBO, for-sale cleaning, one time or as-needed cleaning, commercial and construction cleaning.
- Business Description:Cul-Mar Products a family owned Cultured Marble and Solid Surface manufacturing company. We sell our products installed or not installed. Cul-Mar Products manufactures products such as Bathroom Vanity tops, Tubs, standard or custom sized Shower pans, Shower and Tub walls, Soap/Shampoo dishes and shelves, window sills, Kitchen counter tops and the sinks, ect. Our customers include the big builders, small builders, re-modeling contractors, plumbing contractors, and of course the general public
- Business Description:I am my only employee with access to other hands should the job require more than myself. All billing is by check or cash. I am reasonably priced and will beat competitors.
- Business Description:DeBell * Home Improvement center is your premier Home Improvement Company in Northern Nevada and Northern California since 1990, with over thousands of jobs installed. Offering the Highest Quality of products such as; Bristol Replacement Windows and Doors; Forever Coat - a permanent maintenance solution to never paint again; Bath One - one day bath remodel; Cedar Ridge Composite Siding, and our newest product Green Energy Barrier - Attic insulation. All of our products are customized for exis..Recent Review:No complaints. Excellent window <br />Diana V.
- Business Description:Customer stratification is my main goal right along with excellent workmanship. Combine both of those and i will also guarantee a very reasonable rate. If you are not fully satisfied with my work i will fully reimburse you. I take great pride in my work. That is why i can proudly say i have repeat customers. I have one employee. If there is a job i cant do, i will be sure to find you someone who can. I grew up in the Reno sparks area
- Business Description:This is a 2 man crew, 2 big trucks, we do invoices, per job pricing, or hourly.
- Business Description:We repair & refinish bathtubs, showers, sinks, countertops and do fiberglass repairs. We also do chip repairs and color changes.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- Carnelian Bay
- Kings Beach
- Incline Village
- Tahoe City
- Olympic Valley
- Washoe Valley
- Zephyr Cove
- Mound House
- Vc Highlands
- Carson City
- South Lake Tahoe
- Virginia City
- Spanish Springs
- Sun Valley
bathtub refinishers in Tahoe Vista
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Blue Lake Sealcoat and Striping488 McFaul Way
Zephyr Cove, Nevada
- Blue Lake Sealcoat and Striping
- Cul-Mar Products2245 Dickerson Road
- Cul-Mar Products
- Debell Home Improvement Center 2600 S Virginia St
- Debell Home Improvement Center
- MortonsP.O.Box 1334
Kings Beach, California
- Nornev home repair and maintenance services690 katherine st
- Nornev home repair and maintenance services
- South Lake Tahoe Cleaning Co.PO BOX 3502
- South Lake Tahoe Cleaning Co.
- USA Bath5580 Mill St Ste 900
- USA Bath