Atterholt Construction & Interiors Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since October 2011

3.8

175 W. Orangethorpe Ave.

Placentia, CA 92870

Additional DBA - ACI Inc....

06/18/2021

Paula E.

We were referred to ACI by our insurance company for reconstruction after a flood since they are a preferred contractor with USAA. No one (myself included) should expect the 7 day Extreme Home Makeover in these situations. However, from the beginning with Mark who handled the overview of damage/ cost and then Jason, who ran the job, my expectations were exceeded. They completed the job start to finish in about a month. We couldn't be happier with the communication, process and the end result. The crews that this company uses are amazing!! Special shout out to Eddie the plumber and to Luis and Jorge, the best drywall/ painters ever. Just incredible people! While we're glad to see you go :) we couldn't be happier you stopped by to fix our flood damage. Thank you so much!

Description of Work
Reconstruction after flood including drywall, paint, floors, kitchen cabinet rebuild, more paint

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, plumbing, water damage restoration, interior painters

09/05/2019

kevin O.

ACI was amazing from start to finish. Our insurance assigned us to ACI, and Gio Romero was the manager in charge to take care of our possessions after fire damage to our apartment. He was responsive and helpful, quickly making room in his schedule to meet me and answer my questions. The day we set for ACI to come, Gio and his team were punctual, kind, professional, and efficient. After their job was done, more unexpected problems came up. ACI was not at fault, and they could have told us that their work was done and we were on our own. Instead, they came alongside and helped us through the long process that followed, giving of their time and resources without compensation. ACI went above and beyond for us in this stressful situation. We are forever grateful and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Smoke damage

Category water damage restoration

08/24/2017

Jennifer N.

We had a water leak and ACI was recommended through Mercury Insurance. ACI and Mercury Insurance will not be used again.

Description of Work
Bathroom/Closet repair

Category home remodeling

03/08/2016

Haley R.

My husband and I had a flood in our house on August 17th 2015. From our insurance adjuster?s recommendation, we decided to go with ACI (a preferred vendor) and what a mistake that was. At the beginning of the claim, there were two guys that came out to mitigate the water. One of them was extremely ?eerie? and made me feel extremely uncomfortable by getting way to personal regarding his ?love? life. Mind you, I did not ask him his life story and I?m dealing with my house being saturated. I should?ve known at that point, this company does not have professional standards. Once the water was dried, we had to deal with asbestos. It took 3 weeks from the time of the flood for the asbestos to be taken care of. Then, finally the repairs had begun. We were sent to a store across the street from ACI in Placentia to pick out our new flooring. I was told there that the upcharge for the laminate I picked out was 20cents/sqft and the carpet was within the budget my insurance gave me. Chris Diaz, who sent us there was our superintendent. When we received the change order from him for the laminate difference, we were shocked. He typed it up as 60cents/sqft extra for laminate and 20cents/sqft extra for carpet. Does he think I?m stupid?! We discussed the day I went down there it was a total of 20cents extra a sqft, NOT 80! He tried swinging one by me at 4x?s the cost, and when talking to him on the phone about it (when I was actually able to get a hold of him) he tried talking around it saying that was the correct price and I had mistaken the guy at the store. I was not mistaken so I refused to sign the change order. A few weeks later he finally revised it because I didn?t cave and he made it seem like he was doing me a favor when really he changed it to what it should have been to begin with. We did not feel as though our ?project? was of high priority to him. He acted as though he didn?t know the specs of the claim of what was covered by our insurance. For example, there was one bedroom that Chris said wasn?t covered in our claim to be painted, so I asked him how much it?d be for them to paint it since they had all their supplies there already. He said $495! To paint one bedroom, I said no thanks because at that time I did not have the bid. Come to find out that bedroom was covered and they were getting paid to paint it to begin with! And they were getting paid around $230 to paint it? so not only did he try to double the cost to me for them to paint it, but it was already covered. Shady, shady business. A few other notes that are definitely worth mentioning: our door was left unlocked once, and open to whoever wanted to enter our house, with our belongings still inside because they did not provide a ?pack out.? All our items were left inside (keep in mind the whole entire house was flooded) and got dusty, paint on them, and some damaged to the point where they had to be replaced. Another instance, the cabinet guy was at my house staining, saw us leaving with luggage, and I told him we were leaving for the weekend and asked to make sure he locked up. He did lock up, but that does no good when our windows were left WIDE OPEN. For three days, just thin screens were separating a potential burglar, all they had to do was cut the screen or pull it off and they could?ve taken all of our belongings, luckily that did not happen but it very well could of, and the mindlessness should not go unrecognized. In regards to the kitchen, that was damaged the most because that?s where the flood started. They decided to cover up the water damage in our kitchen on the base of the cabinets by putting baseboards, and they ?skinned? the lining of the inside, instead of removing them and repairing them the correct way as bid to our insurance company. Chris said to us he had ?numbers? to meet. I?m sorry but that should not be the homeowners problem. But, unfortunately it became my problem since everything was half-assed. There is still a shelf that was poorly replaced, there is stain on our new tile in the kitchen by the baseboards, they never put our appliances back in (we had to hire someone to put them in), and last but not least, they screwed up the opening of where the fridge goes into. The top of the opening of the fridge was 7 inches wider than the bottom of the opening. Who does that? We had the same fridge the whole time, so there should?ve been no reason that it shouldn?t have fit. They did not measure it, and applied the baseboard at the bottom, so we could not pry the bottom of the cabinet to make the opening wider to meet the top. Once again, we had to hire outside work to fix their sloppiness. They also got paint on our curtain rods, tv mounts, curtains, a couple paintings, all the vents that they neglected to remove, etc. Fed up of trying to get answers, I went to my insurance adjuster and received from them the scope of work/bid that was to be done on our house. At this point, we were about 3 months in to our claim and ACI said they were almost done? well not according to the specs!! I spent a few hours going through the whole list, taking pictures of what they didn?t do that they were supposed to do (because they were getting paid to do it). When I say they cut corners, I mean 50% they didn?t do!! If you have mistakenly chosen to go with ACI, CHECK YOUR BID. I?m sure they get away with so much, collecting a paycheck from insurance companies on work they never did, and should of done. If they don?t do it, then the homeowner is entitled to it. Finally, about 5 months later (the initial estimate was 2 months) David, the estimator/PM came and gave us the credit list for what they didn?t do that I spent hours figuring out. It?s what was fair and what should?ve been done. Although, hearing back from my insurance adjustor, there was a $4,000 discrepancy because ACI changed their minds on what they had done, even though I had the backup to prove otherwise. So pushed over the edge, I ignored it because I just wanted to put my house back together and was so sick of dealing with this nightmare. Now ACI has had the nerve to bill me for 2 months and they haven?t even finished the one thing I asked them to, and I never even signed a letter of completion and their lock box is still at my house. DO NOT use ACI, they do all they can to get away with doing as little as possible and getting paid for more, if I can save one person from the nightmare I?ve been living, then reliving this awful experience by writing this has been worth it.

Description of Work
Flood Claim "repair"

10/30/2011

Fred D.

ACI was the General Contractor selected by State Farm Insurance to repair the damage after two severe water leaks. They did a great job, promptly, and for a reasonable price. They even sent a crew of two workers to make sure all of the large mirrors, pictures, and other items were hung back on the wall when the job was complete. We are very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Replace baseboards & Drywall, texture coat & paint

Category remodeling

Lucky Sully Chimney and Duct Cleaning

TheOur family owned company stresses customer satisfaction. Michel Sullivan is a certified chimney sweep through the National Chimney Sweep Guild,(www.ncsg.org/) and Dan Sjostrom is certified thhrough the National Fireplace Institute (http://nficertified.org/pages_consumers/consumers-1.html) These keep us up to date on industry standards for all woodburning and gas fireplaces. We also carry above industry standards of insurance, bonds, and workmans's compensation. This means if we fall off your roof, we are liable and not you.

A-1 Building Management

Our mission is to be the complete affordable source for all your maintenance & janitorial needs. We offer services 24 hours a day. We can customize our service programs to fit your needs! If you work to make other people successful then you will be successful as well.

Rick Jamison Painting

We are a family run company and have been in business since 1978. We do high quality work add a moderate price. What we guarantee is the quality of our work. We are not happy unless you're happy. We generate 80% of our business from referrals either from past clients or other trade professionals. A business that generates repeat business and referrals is a sign that they provide quality service. We service all Orange and Los Angeles county areas. Additional email - info@rickjamisonpainting.com.

Offers by Rick Jamison Painting on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Carpet and debris removal, roof cover-up, plumbing, electrical, odor control, painting & wallpapering, drywall and plaster, floor covering, carpeting, hardwood, vinyl and ceramic, lighting, masonry, stucco, window treatments & art work.