How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in Ojai, CA
There are 6 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in Ojai
- American Home ShieldSigning up for American Home Shield was a horrible mistake. In my experience, they are unprofessional, work with shady service providers who will still charge you for doing ABSOLUTELY nothing, and will not fix/compensate their customers for American Home Shield’s mistakes. We had two service providers come to our condo to fix our plumbing and our dryer (the owner before us did not have their vents cleaned and a ton of lint was blocking any air from ventilating). The first person American Home Shield connected us to wanted to do a video chat first to see if they can diagnose/guide us on fixing the problem over zoom. All this service provider did was charge us to tell us something we already knew…the dryer would not turn on because there was no ventilation. He said something along the lines of he’s not sure how he would be able to fix it because he’s not sure how to access the vents so he told us to find another company to come fix it. HE STILL CHARGED US for doing absolutely nothing. It was a complete waste of our time and money. When we talked to American Home Shield to try to get a refund, they said the service provider would not waive the fee because he “diagnosed” the problem…the guy didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know…no new information came to light. Though this service provider was complete garbage, I chalked it up to bad luck…maybe future experiences would be better. Oh, how wrong I was! The very next service provider we called was the plumber through American Home Shield. Lo and behold, American Home Shield forgot to put our unit number on our contract and until they amended the contract to include the unit number, the plumbers told us they could not come into our house. So we called American Home Shield to let them know that the plumber can’t come in until our unit number is included in our contract. My wife asked the customer service representative if we would be charged the $100 service fee and the service provider said “no”. However, when I checked our statements, we were definitely charged for that too…this shady plumbing service supposedly marked “complete” on the work order and ended up charging us anyways. So again, we call American Home Shield to dispute this charge, and again they say they can’t refund us….I explained how this was completely AHS’s fault for not including our unit number on the contract and demanded that they reimburse us. The best they came up with is that they would return half of our service charge (50 out of 100 dollars). I told them I’m not fine with it and that I wanted my full $100 back. The customer service representative stated that they will escalate this to their managers and that we would receive a call from their managers within the next 24 hours. That was over two days ago…still have not received a call back. Any company that won’t reimburse a customer for their own error is not a company that should still be in business. American Home Shield, in my humble opinion, is a horrible company to work with. They do not fix their mistakes and work with a bunch of shady service providers. Save your money and DO NOT spend money on this home warranty. I also think it’s worth noting that the two times we called service providers that were outside of this crappy warranty, if the service providers weren’t able to fix the problem, they didn’t charge us. There are definitely decent, honest service providers out there. American Home Shield and their network (at least the two we have worked with) were completely shady and unprofessional. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY read less
- A to Z Leak DetectionExcellent. Our old water heater was leaking and it was wet under our house. A-Z found the leak, used industrial dryers to dry out the foundation under our house. The old heater was removed and a new, on demand water heater was installed. We love our new water heater and the service was amazing!
- First American Home Buyers WarrantyIt's like $250 per year. It's fine. Their people are fine and the copays are great. I haven't had any problems with them. They've been great. I will probably keep them for awhile.
- First American Home Buyers WarrantyWhen we first moved in 5 years ago, it was a hot day and we couldn't get the air to work. We called them and they came out right away. The owner of the house had different properties that he rented out and he had a warranty on the house which he had just paid in August. We used it throughout the year and we have continued using it. It's pretty good. The cost depends on what you get. The more you want they charge you more. They charged me $60 and it's went up to $65 a call. You pay like $500 a year and then if your heating or air, refrigerator and a lot of other stuff it is a service call. They come out when they say they will come out and they do quality work. They are professional. They have a list of like different plumbers and all. one plumber come out and fixed the showers and I had to complain because he was supposed to come back and he didn't. I had to miss work so they didn't charge me. It's a different contractor when ever I call them. I told my neighbor to check in with them read less
- Old Republic Home WarrantyWe are not using them any more, it was part of a deal when we bought the house. We used them a number of years and then found out they were not using the best companies. The ones they were sending were duds, so we decided the money we were paying for the warranty we would just set aside. Even though they did not use the best companies they were very good to work with, reliable, and we could call them anytime. They were pricey to use. We like to have more of a say of the companies we have over here read less
- Square Trade IncI called them, they sent me a a shipping label for my old GPS and a check. (It was most definitely not working- wouldn't even turn on)
- AutopomI purchased a policy for mechanical breakdown for my Cadillac last year from auto-POM. I had a problem and had to take it to the shop. The next day, the claim was already approved and work being done! NO HASSLE!. I came very close to going with another company, however come to find out with Lisa's help, they had many complaints and did not have the financial stability nor the reputation of Mercury Select who the coverage is through,. She was great with explaining everything and patient with answering all of my questions. Also, I appreciated that she was no pressure!. Many companies just want your credit card and want you to buy that day. Lisa did not bug me... In closing, I'm very pleased with the service from auto-POM and the efficiency in which my claim was handled with Mercury read less
- FIDELITY NATIONAL TITLE COWHEN I CALL FIDELITY, THEY WERE VERY QUICK WITH THEIR RESPONSE. THEY WENT AND SET UP THE APPOINTMENT FOR NEXT DAY. I WILL RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO PEOPLE I KNOW. THEY ARE VERY QUICK TO RESPOND.
- FIRST AMERICANIt’s worth the money we pay annually for the repair. We started using them from the time we brought this house. I would rate them high on everything. I usually call them back if I don’t get what I want.
- FIDELITY NATIONAL TITLE COEVERY TIME I HAD A PROBLEM I JUST CALLED THE 800 NUMBER AND THEY TOOK CARE OF THE SCHEDULING AND THE PROBLEM. IT WAS REALLY HASSLE FREE AND I APPRECIATE THAT.
Home Warranty Companies in Ojai
- Business Description:Home Flood Prevention sells and installs WaterCop home flood prevention systems in mostly existing homes in southern California.
- Business Description:Home Warranty Protection on all of your systems and appliances in your homeRecent Review:Prompt service, excellent communication all around - thank you :)James L.
- Business Description:A to Z Leak detection is a full service plumbing company specializing in finding and fixing water pipe leaks. Over 50 years of leak detection services gives us the understanding and skills to get every job completed on time. A to Z can also clean up any water damage or mold, the leak may have caused. We fix slab leaks by direct repair, reroute or epoxy pipe lining read lessRecent Review:I am very happy with the professionalism of the crew. A whole house repipe is a very messy and difficult job. The split level design of my house turned out to be a more difficult undertaking than Brandon, the owner, expected. Nevertheless, Brandon honored the original quote and the crew stayed on the job continuously until it was completed. Special thanks to Kenny, the project manager and a real pro of a plumber for making it all happen. BTW, I have used their services in the past and had great experience using James. Thanks to everyone for a successful job read lessGary R.
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Thank you so much for all your support with our properties. You are good to your word and provide excellent customer service. You always manage to have someone professional and courteous answer our calls live. We are very satisfied with you and 100% recommended read lessWalter L.
- Business Description:Option One Plumbing is family owned and operated with over 30 years of experience. If you have a plumbing problem, we will handle it, there is no job too big or small! Our price can't be beat! Our main office is located Rancho Cucamonga, but we service the entire southern california area from Los Angeles to San Diego read lessRecent Review:Thanks Option One Plumbing, job well done!, From the below the slab leak detection, correction of the problem, and work completion, everything went well. The Plumbers were professional, friendly, and most important HONEST! This job required profession experienced plumbers, and Option One came through big time. I can sleep well again! read lessJohn C.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur.. read lessRecent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:Sunrun is leading the charge to create a planet run by the sun. We are building a more sustainable world, by making solar simple for over 200,000 customer's in 23 different states!Recent Review:The salesman was not truthful. Customer Service is not good. My “non-existant” electric bills are annually in the thousands. We are told a different story every time we call Problems do not get resolved or sent higher up to someone that is capable of solving them. Service is slo read lessLinda C.
- Business Description:Pooltechs is a Licensed & Insured California Contractor with over 25 Years Experience. We specialize in Swimming Pool and Spa Service, Repairs, Remodels and Construction. Such as, New Pool & Spa Construction or Remodels, Structural/ Crack Repairs, Inspections, Replaster, Tile, Equipment Sales & Plumbing. We also Repair and Service Portable Spas! We service most of Los Angles & Ventura Counties and give Free Estimates read lessRecent Review:We were scheduled for a service repair and they made an appointment and never showed even they promised they were still coming . Now they will not answer or respond to messages. Glad I didn’t pay the $75.00 service fee up front read lessDenise M.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, jbrauser@arwplan.. read lessRecent Review:was great experience. on time and saved me lot of money. Company they used was great.Josh B.
- Business Description:At BPG, we believe home inspections shouldn't end at the driveway. Our inspectors and engineers undergo thorough background checks and must meet ongoing training and performance standards -- they are a selective group of professionals.With so many inspection companies to choose from, how do you select one that fits your needs? We've earned a solid reputation for standing behind our work and providing distinct value advantages that help protect our clients read lessRecent Review:I will start by saying we don't have any rating which is less than one star as they are not even eligible for one start rating. Attn : Who ever wants to get the inspection done from BPG don't fall for the 90 day warranty. They never stand by there words, i have done my inspection recently the report says its tested for dryer hookup when i moved in and did my first laundry boom there was a issue with dryer chord or panel and did not work. When contacted them they say all story but never address the issue or don't stand by their work. All you get hear is : I'm sorry, but we will not be able to offer assistance with the cost of this repair. what's the fun of 90 days warranty,,,,,,,,,,Request everyone to do the research before selecting BPG inspection. This incident happened in Minnesota read lessVinayak M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
A lifetime warranty on home appliances, fixtures or the house itself can last far less than a lifetime. In fact, it may only last for a few years. Here’s how to figure out what “lifetime” really means and how to protect yourself.
Find home warranty companies in
- Oak View
- Santa Paula
- Port Hueneme Cbc Base
- Port Hueneme
- Newbury Park
- Thousand Oaks
- Frazier Park
- Westlake Village
- Simi Valley
- Santa Barbara
- Oak Park
- Agoura Hills
home warranty companies in Ojai
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A to Z Leak Detection1001 Calle Recodo
San Clemente, California
- ALL NATIONS REALTY-INVESTMENTS12505 N MAINSTREET 240
Rancho Cucamonga, California
- American National Escrow, Inc.601 East Glenoaks Blvd. Suite 202
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida
- Arambula Business & Accounting Services IncPO Box 180447
Los Angeles, California
- Autopom23046 Avenida De La Carlota Ste 600
Laguna Hills, California
- A to Z Leak Detection
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)4300 Alexander Drive Ste 200
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)
- EZ Plumbing11478 Burbank Blvd
North Hollywood, California
- EZ Plumbing
- IGM Auto Repair6205 Kester Ave 5
Van Nuys, California
- IGM Auto Repair
- Jimmy's Custom Upholstery1753 S CLAUDINA WAY
- Jimmy's Custom Upholstery
- KLEER WATER PLUMBING INC946 Sapphire Circle
- KLEER WATER PLUMBING INC
- Legalshield667 w Bowen rd
- Nancy Galarza - Keller Williams Realty Whittier16310 E. Whittier Blvd, Ste F
- Nancy Galarza - Keller Williams Realty Whittier
- Option One Plumbing10722 Arrow Route Unit 602
Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Option One Plumbing
- P & G Remodeling9000 Orion Ave 7
- Patricia Grauke - BHHS Troth Realtors1801 W. Ave K Ste. 201
- Paul Dix Adjusters14 Diamond E Drive
Palm Desert, California
- Pooltechs - The Pool & Spa Specialists25852 McBean Parkway #540
- PROOF OF INCOME SERVICE'S10800 Foothill Blvd Suite 100
Rancho Cucamonga, California
- P & G Remodeling
- Rafi Cohen Inc DBA Rooter Runner Plumbing.14823 Oxnard St
Van Nuys, California
- RDL Mechanical311 East Ave L
- Rescue Link8880 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, Missouri
- Robinson Electric1009 Whistle Stop Dr.
- Roger Rooter Plumbing3429 W Faircrest Dr
- Rosemary Allison - Century 21 America11521 Sumac Lane
- Rafi Cohen Inc DBA Rooter Runner Plumbing.