Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in El Cerrito, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in El Cerrito
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsI have done many projects with Bryan and Lillian. They are super accurate and comprehensive in their work.
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- GEOFORENSICSPRAGMATIC CONSULTATION WITH SUFFICIENTLY DETAILED TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND GREAT COLLABORATION WITH BUILDERS THROUGHOUT CONSTRUCTION PHASE. GREAT RELATIONSHIP WITH CITY REGULATORS.
- JAMES P TANNERI am too far from James normal business locations, so he was not available to actually perform the survey in my city. However, James called me in the evening and conducted a very detailed analysis of my situation over the phone. He proposed a strategy of how to work with the lender, the insurer, city engineers and FEMA to resolve the issue quickly and at minimal cost. The issue of "2009 Digital FEMA maps" is a serious one, with many homeowners affected, paying thousands $ in unnecessary flood insurance. Google "Homeowner finds way to avoid buying flood insurance" for a dire description of the situation, U.S. congress is getting involved. I am glad that through Angie's List, I've got James Tanner consultation on this confusing matter
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI have referred him to many people. They are qualified, competent, and timely. The work they have done has been excellent.
- Scan TechBoth Peter and Jose were very professional but friendly. The work was quick and unobtrusive. They scanned our property for pipes that were laid before we purchased the house. They identified and marked where the existing water, sewer, and electrical lines ran through our back yard. They even supplied the depth every ten feet, so we know where and how to dig for any projects we have in the future. They were also very knowledgeable and helpful with everything I asked about. They pointed out issues we should be aware of, including possible failures on certain exposed conduits, as well as the likely condition of the pipes in and out. I highly recommend their services. They are great to work with and very pleasant people
- LAMB SURVEYING INC.THE COMPANY CAME TO OUR PROPERTY AT THE TIME SET BY US FOR OUR APPOINTMENT. THEY TOLD US HOW LONG THE SURVEY WOULD TAKE AND BEGIN TO SET THE PROPERTY LINES WITH FLAGS AND STAKES. THEY THEN DIAGRAMED THE PROPERTY LINES FOR THE COUNTY PROPOSAL.
- JAMES P TANNERJames went way beyond the call of duty to eliminate this requirement due to additional fees that it would cost us ($800), but to no avail. Great guy and service. Highly recommended.
Last update on February 16, 2022
Land Surveyors in El Cerrito
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- El Sobrante,
- San Pablo,
- Belvedere Tiburon,
- Corte Madera,
- Pleasant Hill
land surveyors in El Cerrito
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc961 Mitchell Way
El Sobrante, California 94803
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC7886 Ney Ave
Oakland, California 94605
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC
- Vegvary Land Surveying3527 Mount Diablo Blvd # 368
Lafayette, California 94549
- Vegvary Land Surveying
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.3001 Winchester Blvd. 11
Campbell, California 95032
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.