The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in Madera, CA
There are 7 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Madera
- SOD Home GroupI had an exceptional experience in this company. When you see these great reviews up here: they’re true! Oren, our contractor with SOD Home Group, proved that house construction projects don’t have to be a nightmare but can be a pleasure if you find the right person to take you through it. Our old house seriously needed a remodel, and I didn’t have any personal preferences for any contractor; I lucked out when Oren came to interview. I liked Oren’s friendly, straightforward manner, devoid of slickness or hard sell, and his experience in construction was obvious as he walked me through the process. Oren spent time in the planning stage to find out what I wanted and discussed ideas that would work with the space. This is important: he is not the designer, he is the builder and will tell you what is structurally possible. Once a plan is agreed upon, his designer Eden put everything in several designs and after this stage is approved… then the crew do the work but i selected the fixtures, tile, paint color, etc. Oren had many useful resources to help, but I had a great idea of what I wanted needed. On the business end, once I committed to the job, the contract was clear, covering a schedule of payments and stages. Oren kept me up to date with what he needed from my end and when the crew was going to show up, etc..; all the teams came on time and work diligently. What a great combination: an experienced contractor with talented people skills who wants me to be happy with the job and makes it pleasant and easy! He’s been there for my every question and issue and gets back to me right away. I’m impressed by Oren’s team, all very professional people who do excellent, clean work while treating the area with respect; there’s not one guy working in my house that I wouldn’t have back (we are all working from home because of the pandemic). I’m impressed by the beautiful work that is being done and how creative and collaborative this team is. So summarizing: I found an honest, personable, skilled contractor backed by a wonderful team of professionals who are doing what they promised. No games here. I feel supported if questions come up and absolutely admire how they do business. The prices are fair and I feel that I have good value and guidance. I’m thrilled with Oren and SOD Home Group (including the staffers at the home office) and wouldn’t go looking anywhere else for my future projects
- Mike the HandymanMr mike was very professional and on time with his work. I recommend him for anyone who needs a handyman he took his time on what was best for our house Renovation we are very happy customers I appreciate it mike you definitely did a amazing job and you were very affordable thanks super happy to be able to work with you in our next projec
- Irish Carpentry & ConstructionThe whole job went great, Rory, the owner provided a bid and contract on the agreed work before work was started. The job expanded as we made changes and improvements to the design. We agreed to changes and necessary increases associated with the change orders and agreement. Rory was always honest and fair. All phases passed city inspections with flying colors. Rory was punctual and we always felt he provided the best service and for our project. We highly recommend this company and if we remodel in the future we look forward to working with Rory
- Irish Carpentry & ConstructionI have worked with Rory Brown for 4 years now on a dozen projects ranging from simple to very custom and complex. He is a talented workman, has all the tools needed for most jobs and does what he says he will do. I have given him some tough challenges out on my farm where conditions are not typical and found him to be a good problem solver, willing to explore options and work with me closely to come up with creative and often fun solutions (like custom barn doors and light fixtures). He uses good judgement and will tell you if he doesn’t think something will turn out right but is also flexible and willing to do something out of the ordinary (concrete counter tops, rustic wood walls, reclaimed wood tables and cabinets). He is a joy to work with; I am willing to serve as a reference for him and discuss the work he has performed. Deborah Reit
- OLSEN CONSTRUCTION & RESTORATION COThey were very good. They can do everything. The price was pretty comparable to what everyone said told us. They were still good but sometimes in the summer it took a little longer for them to get back.
- Ceasar Briones ConstructionWhen I discovered that I had a major problem with my house and that it was in jeopardy of collapsing, I had to act quickly to get temporary shoring in place and also get a structural engineer and architect on board to get the designs moving. I met Ceaser Briones, of Briones Construction, and walked him through the requirement to shore up the ceiling to prevent the house from collapsing. Briones Construction jumped in and went to work immediately and helped me save my house. They didn't take advantage of my situation by trying to overcharge me. I know because I build facilities and maintain them for a living, and know how much it should cost to do the work. Once all of the shoring was in place, we focused on the structural and architectural designs to make the necessary structural repairs and to remodel the house. Briones Construction was instrumental in helping the architect and structural engineer with field measurements and confirming as-built conditions. Once the designs were finished and permits pulled, Briones Construction didn't hesitate a moment to get started with the work. They coordinated every aspect of the job, including moving my furniture, fencing the site, bringing in a roll off trash bin, etc. They knew what they were doing and were very professional. Briones Construction's work was meticulous and every detail was addressed. Their quality was outstanding in every respect
- Pro-FixI have had execellent experiences. They are punctual, personable, and the work was just excellent!! They have great work ethic. Very, very precise and clean. I have been very happy. I have recommended them to several people as well and they have all been pleased with this company.
- Home ImprovementsAll the work went very well. It took five days to complete and the guys were on time every day. I liked that both men, Mario and Glen, were very knowledgeable about what they were to do and how to do it. The owner/contractor Michael Huxley also visited several times to make sure I was happy with the work and to check on what was done and if the men needed anything. The only concern I had was in the pricing. I was provided a written invoice with estimates for labor and materials. What I would have liked to receive at the end of the work is a detailed accounting of the materials costs. I had provided the paint and that was not included in the materials, but I was curious about what the actual costs were of the other materials used. I did ask just what the linoleum cost but was given an explanation that it actually ran over the estimate and everything equaled out.....I guess. Being a widow on my own, I was too timid to push it. I would recommend that others ask for the actual final cost of materials. I think that is only fair. As for the hours/labor, they earned every penny. Glen and Mario were great at what they did, very polite, and very conscientious about cleaning up after themselves. I would use them again
- Mike the HandymanBack in June Mike took my door and said he would be back in a week. That was over two months ago. We’ve called and texted several times. At the beginning he said he had a personal issue. So we understood. But in the last month we can’t get a call or text returned. He was very nice when he came out and we understand it If he has personal issues. But he said our door was finished. All we want is our door back
- Randy Walukones, Licensed General ContractorThe installation of the doorbell and the cleaning of the gutters went well. Correcting the electrical connection to an outdoor fan went well. The new door jamb around the door leading into the garage was replaced with a professional finish and painted well. The workman did not clean up after himself, however, in this job or in the others. Paint shards, discarded wood, and nails were left lying around in each work site. The workman designed and installed a more substantial wooden facing to the patio roof supports. The work was done to a very low standard with badly fitting joins gapping a half inch or more in places. Although a rougher finish to the boards was acceptable, this work was left with inch long splinters coming off of the wood. After the workman was finished, I need to use three tubes of wood filler to close the gaps between the boards, I removed or sanded some of the worse splintery areas, and I repainted. Without advising me that he was going to do this, the workman took the boards he had removed from the original facing of the porch supports and left the long boards on the unused side of our house with four inch nails projecting out of the boards. I did not realize that he had discarded the boards on the side of my house for a week, and during that time my small grandchildren might have been severely injured by this irresponsible action on the part of the workman. It became my job to cut the long boards down to 4 foot lengths that my disposal company would accept, and of course I needed to deal with the projecting nails. I will also add that although I did state that I did not have a firm timeline for completion of these simple projects, the actual time taken for completion was over two months, which seems overly long to me. AND now even the doorbell this man installed is now broken - after two months
Contractors in Madera
- Business Description:Irish Carpentry & Construction holds a General B Contracting License. We are bonded, licensed and insured. We have a high quality of craftsmanship, we are honest, reliable and have highly competitive pricing. We are geared to the customer and all of our work is guaranteedRecent Review:The whole job went great, Rory, the owner provided a bid and contract on the agreed work before work was started. The job expanded as we made changes and improvements to the design. We agreed to changes and necessary increases associated with the change orders and agreement. Rory was always honest and fair. All phases passed city inspections with flying colors. Rory was punctual and we always felt he provided the best service and for our project. We highly recommend this company and if we remodel in the future we look forward to working with RoryMark S.
- Business Description:A father son operation with years of experiance in residential and commercial repairs and remodels. Sierra Construction Services is now looking for individuals that need a long time contractor to maintain there property someone they can call for emergencies someone they can trust for all construction needs. We can perform and maintain all residential needs from complete remodels to sprinklers and solar panel cleaning to building from the ground up. We are curently seeking a few more exclusive..Recent Review:Both employees were very professional and friendly. They knew what they were doing and performed the install without any problems. They also took care to clean up the work area before leaving.Laurie A.
- Business Description:For over 40 years, we have provided pest control services throughout California and Nevada. We are an active member of Pest Control Operators of California Association, which strives to educate and inform companies throughout the state of California of the ever-changing legislation that is vital to our business. It is our commitment to provide the best-trained, professional staff available. Additional DBA: Roseville Termite Pest ControRecent Review:It was perfect. He is professional, on time and he has good communication skills. He also provided good documentations. He is very thorough. I haven't had any issues with them yet.Kimber B.
- Business Description:Mike the Handyman is locally owned and operated. We are committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customer’s interests, and make their concerns the basis of our businessRecent Review:Mike does excellent work, and he is a very cool dudePaul V.
- Business Description:**Due to a medical emergency, i will not be taking on new projects at this time**With 25 years of experience, we offer a full range of construction and renovation services for both the interior and exterior of your home. Mr. Toth's goal is to maintain the highest level of professionalism, honesty, and fairness in his relationships with all his clients. Please give us a call or send us a message to discuss how we can turn your dreams into reality. FREE ESTIMATES! CheerRecent Review:Peter was very fast and always prompt. After measuring on a Sunday, he had the custom door made on Monday. I absolutely love my door. It was custom made and it’s pretty large door! The price was reasonable!Kasey p.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a design and build residential remodeling and window company. Licensed, bonded, and insured. We provide full project kitchen and bathroom remodeling for every budget, timeline, and style. We are also certified dealers of Anlin Windows Windows & Doors, Simonton Windows & Doors, Milgard Windows & Doors, and MI Windows & Doors. We have over 35 years of experience in the remodeling business and our only goal is to provide you with a pleasant experience and a beautiful product you can brag ..Recent Review:They didn’t want to work with me since my request was a insurance claim. They shouldn’t concerned where the money coming from as long as they get paid for the job they do.James S.
- Business Description:General contractor with over 30 years of experience. Remodeling, rough and finish carpentry and siding. We also hang doors, crown molding and baseboards.Recent Review:Given me a hard time because I was considering using a unlicensed handyman. That's non of his business. In addition, he will only do a new fence, and not a repair. He wanted to argue, and I am not into that. I didn't care for his personality. I didn't care for him talking down to me. If I wanted that kind of service, I would have used craigslistbert d.
- Business Description:We currently have 10 employees. Our billing procedures are 10% down and pay draws based upon completion of work. We A+ rated with the BBB and are also Disabled Vet Owned.
- Business Description:We are a home and commercial building remodeling and maintenance company.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in Madera
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A.D.E. Cabinets3164 N. Marks Ave. Suite 113
- ACE Construction2573 E. Vermont Ave.
- Advanced Integrated Pest Management205 Kenroy Ln
- Advanced Preservation Services4637 S East Ave
- AGAPE FIREPLACES & GRILLS2491 Alluvial Ave Suite 88
- All Valley Const., Maintenance and Handyman Srvc2118 W. Fir
- Ayala ConstructionPO BOX 5766
- A.D.E. Cabinets
- Bier Construction18824 Sugar Pine Dr.
Twain Harte, California
- Bier Construction
- California Closets - Fresno128 W Nees Ave Ste 101
- CAM Construction & Maintenance Services
- Carter Construction Inc.5359 E. Solar
- Cary's Quality Repair Service3232 E Brown Ave
- Ceasar Briones Construction279 North Douglas
- Champion Construction and Maintenance Services6824 E Dakota Ave
- California Closets - Fresno
- Featherstone Construction2265 S Rachel Ave
- Featherstone Construction
- GM BAKER pro services1783 Norwich ave
- GM BAKER pro services
- J and A Construction Co.3126 Dennis Ave
- j Santos custom cabinets3644 e. Hammond Ave
- J.J.'ll Do It218 N Magnolia Ave
- Jon Casey Construction, Inc3356 W. Mt. Whitney Ave.
- JRM Construction6651 N. Bendel
- JZ Construction & JZ Design Center145 Sunnyside Avenue
- J and A Construction Co.
- M A Johnson Construction549 W Acacia Ave. near Fruit Ave.
- M.B Plumbing & Remodeling288 W Dovewood Ln
- michael david construction534 w hedges
- Michael Jewell Electric6538 North Ferger
- MID VALLEY BUILDERS1865 Herndon #K56
- Mike Anderson697 W. Ashcroft
- Mike the HandymanP.o.box 6224
- Mooney's Handyman Service154 Mesquite Ct
- M A Johnson Construction
- RSL STRUCTURES347 S Hughes Ave
- RSL STRUCTURES
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Sierra Construction6083 N Figarden Dr # 197
- Sol Power ConstructionPO Box 1480
- Specialized Remodeling, Inc.637 W Casanova Ln.
- Stevenson Construction5790 E. Shields Ave #103
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space