We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Artistic Arbor Gardens Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since November 2004

11316 Hwy 67

Lakeside, CA 92040

We have been in business for more than 35 years! We are woman owned and operated. We have had the same crew whom also is a family for more than 18 years. Our Services include; Lacing, Shaping, Crown Reduction, Ornamental Pruning, Fruit Tree Pruning, Dangerous Removals, Hedge Pruning, Treatment of Diseased and Infested trees, Landscaping....

05/06/2016

Christopher C.

Sarah came out to review the proposed work and provided an estimate before leaving along with a Certificate of Insurance. I accepted and the work was performed the following week. Two men with a lift truck and shredder arrived early in the day and stayed all day to complete the work. They showed that tree trimming is really an art that takes a skilled professional. Their cleanup left my yard looking better than before their arrival which also included cleanup of my neighbor's back yard where tree clippings had fallen. Their estimate was reasonable compared to estimates I had received from two other contractors. Sarah's estimate was also very detailed with a description of the work and estimate for each tree. The other contractors would only give a lump sum estimate for the total work. Also, if I had wanted to remove a tree, they have a grinder to remove the stump. The other two contractors did not have the grinder. I will definitely have Artistic Arbor Gardens return when the trees need trimming again. Artistic Arbor Gardens is both in Angie's List and the BBB.

Description of Work
The work required the trimming of eight trees including a palm, ficus, loquat, juniper, elm, China berry, and eugenia trees.

03/03/2016

Jennifer B.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees in front and back yard. They were great!

02/23/2016

Colleen M.

It went very well. The estimator, Sarah, arrived on time and was very knowledgeable. She immediately provided their Certificate of Liability Insurance, something that is very important to a homeowner. She listened to our requests and provided advice regarding what should be done. The actual work went perfectly. The tree trimmers arrived on time, were very professional, and took special care to protect the new patio cover and pergola, as well as the plants near the trees. The three trees, a large jacaranda, a misshapen podocarpus, and an old navel orange, were not just trimmed...they were sculpted. Each tree is a work of art! The jacaranda can be seen from a distance, and I have received compliments on how good it looks. After watching the process of working on these trees, I feel that the cost was extremely reasonable. I am very happy with the service I received, and will use Artistic Arbor Gardens routinely to care for my trees.

Description of Work
Provided crown reduction, laced, shaped, removed dead wood and balanced three trees.

12/02/2015

JOHN P.

Description of Work
Excellent arborists who removed several trees and trimmed several others.

07/29/2015

MARY U.

It went quite well. They arrived on time, supervisor stopped by a number of times during task to see that everything was going as planned. They were at our place for about 4-6 hours and cleaned up all the trimmings (and there was a load of them). Our tree is in backyard and they had to have an enormous chipper parked out front to grind up the branches....there was a ton of branches. These chippers are quite load, though very necessary.

Description of Work
treated and trimmed an enormous 100-yr old camphor

06/17/2015

Steven J.

Our trees were overgrown and needing thinning and lacing, our cypresses were impacting the gutters. The huge pine tree needed a large amount of trimming, that in itself took an entire day, trimming a lot of the other trees took the job to a total of 3 days. We had a vine overgrown pergola which they also cleaned out. We added some after the original estimate which he took in stride and gave an hourly estimate for the additional time which we approved. Clean up was great and we had no complaints

Description of Work
Trimmed and thinned a yard full of trees ranging from overgrown pine tree to cypresses to a coral tree.

06/24/2014

Wendy B.

It went great. they guys showed up on time with all the equipment and did the work in less time than was estimated it would take. They did a great job, and cleaned up both my and my neighbor's yards of debris. Also, Sarah the Estimator that came over before the work was done was very professional, knowledgeable, and nice. I will definitely hire this company again to have any other tree work done in my yard and will recommend them to my friends.

Description of Work
removed 2 palm trees from my back yard

05/28/2014

Don D.

First job was a major thinning of an 80' tall ficus tree that was probably 15 years untrimmed. This second job was trimming three pepper trees along our road and removal of two smaller trees. Both projects were right on time, on budget and the clean-up afterwards is amazing. They are a family owned company and all of the employees who have worked on our two projects have been neat appearing, using well maintained equipment and leaving trees that look great. Make sure you are using Artistic Arbor Gardens, Inc. of Lakeside. (Don't be fooled, there are a couple of other firms with very similar names.)

Description of Work
Thinning, trimming and tree removal.

04/09/2014

SUSAN G.

A huge half-dead pine tree in the canyon straddled my neighbor's property and mine. Removal was mandated by the fire marshal. My neighbor was familiar with Artistic Arbor, so we hired them to do all of our needed tree trimming work at the same time, splitting the cost of the pine removal. The crew worked on both properties at the same time over two days, so there was a lot of activity and noise from the grinder. The tree trimmings all went well, but a disturbed bee hive in the canyon put the canyon work on hold until the hive removal was done (see my report on Honeybee Rescue). The crew trimmed a large Elm and a large Jacaranda on my neighbor's property (not included in my costs) and trimmed a large Tipu tree on my property. They removed a large Pine in the canyon, and after the bee removal they removed a large Lemonadeberry bush in the canyon (also mandated by the fire marshal). They were at all times friendly, professional, efficient, and courteous. They arrived on time in the morning, they cleaned up the debris every day before leaving. The tree trimming was well done. The canyon work was difficult but done faster than I expected. There was only one casualty--one broken plant pot that I should have moved before they started hauling out branches.

Description of Work
Trimmed large Tipu tree, removed dead Victorian Box tree, removed 2 large surface roots, removed large Pine tree from canyon, removed large Lemonadeberry bush (and other brush) from canyon.

03/27/2014

Sara R.

The are good tree cutters but we had so many problems with them. They broke our trampoline and pipes and just ran out of here. They did not clean up after they were done. He screamed at me because I paid him part of his fee since they had destroyed my property.

Description of Work
I used Artistic Arbar Gardens Inc for tree cutting services.

02/04/2014

Leonard P.

Over all good service. Finished on schedule and at cost quoted. Sarah and crew were professional and easy to communicate with. Would use again.

Description of Work
They removed two king palm trees that were stunted due to being poorly located and ground up the stumps. Removed two dead trunks from a phoenix reclinata. Trimmed three 30' Mexican fan palms. Trimmed bronze loquat tree. Diagnosed queen palm fusarium wilt problem. Fertilized and treated 11 queen palms to prolong life. Removed all debris with exception of a small scattering of some seeds and wood chips (it was wet due to rain). They left remaining fertilizer and one full bottle of Thrive with me.

11/30/2013

Sara R.

Description of Work
They trimmed the trees fine, but caused over $2000 damage to our property and ran off without telling us. They also did not remove the branches that they cut out of areas they thought we could not see (I saw another review that said they did the same thing to them).

10/16/2013

richard C.

One of the workers, Wilmon, was very good and the other one's name was Richard, he was a foreman. There were only two people here working, out of which the foreman was not working as hard as the young man named Wilmon. We would not get them again. We were not really happy. The lady that came, who gave us an estimate was very very nice. We had somethings written down and then she said do not worry about things as the workers can trim and they can check the sprinklers how they are working. We were not satisfied with the work. They were supposed to inspect all the sprinkler systems and tell us what needed to be done and then give us some kind of an estimate as to fixing the sprinkler systems and they did not do it. They were good at tree trimming and they did a good job with the shrubs. Their price was reasonable. There was no follow-up from them. They were punctual.

Description of Work
Artistic Arbor Gardens, Inc., pruned five trees, separated the shrubs as they were all growing together, and trimmed one of the neighbor's trees coming into our yard. They were supposed to do 2 feet around each tree, to remove everything and with some trees it looked like they did it, but since my husband and I cannot go up the hill as we have a slope, it did not look like they did one of them up the hill.

10/15/2010

CHRISTY & ED W.

2333829491I0101015

Description of Work
2333829491I0101015

06/16/2010

James H.

They were good. They charged about $1000 for the tree trimming. They came back and did a bunch of plantings and charged about $1800 for that. I was not here when the work was done. My wife had them do the work. It seemed good. The quality of work was good. They were here on time. We will consider using them in the future.

Description of Work
Artistic Arbour Gardens Inc trimmed a couple of trees and removed a couple of shrubs. They did some planting too. They did this work in March.

03/02/2009

JACQUELINE R.

The work was just beautiful. They were extremely efficient and hard working. They were good people and talked with me a lot. They cleaned up the job sight very nicely and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They removed a Palm tree and pruned or totally removed other trees for me.

01/30/2007

SHIRLEY H.

They are dishonest. They told me they took the tree down to ground level and ground the stump. They said that with what I had done the roots wouldn't show. Within a month the roots began to show and I had to pay someone else to come and remove the roots and ground the rest of the stump.

Description of Work
Removed one Star Pine tree.

08/27/2006

BARRETT D.

The workers did an excellent job in a timely manner. We give the crew high marks (they get an A). Our only complaint, the woman in charge of the crew didn't return to finish some small jobs when she said she would.

Description of Work
Large tree cut back and trimmed, front area near street cleared out, large evergreens trimmed, weeds pulled, and large rose arbors cut back. Everything was cleaned up and hauled away.

05/30/2006

JOE V.

They were on time or even early, they came quickly to give me a quote. They were a little higher than other quotes but they matched the price. They did a great job, I am quite happy with the work.

Description of Work
Cut down a large Fikus, ground out the stump and roots, laid sod in the front. Trimmed a 25' tall Cypress and also trimmed and cut large branches from a Brazilian Pepper tree. Hauled away all debris.

01/22/2006

Overall the experience was good. The work was done carefully and in a timely manner. All debris was taken away and the yard was left clean. The only things were that they removed a couple trees that were meant to stay, and they trampled my flowerbeds (I came home unexpectedly to find the crew walking right through them). In the future I would mark the trees to be removed, which would have taken care of the problem.

Description of Work
9 trees removed, several stumps ground out, 6 trees laced.

06/06/2005

THE COMPANY WAS GREAT, CAME OUT TO THE PROPERTY AND GAVE ME A FREE ESTIMATE. THEY SHOWED ME A PICTURE OF WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE. I HIRED THEM ON THE SPOT. THE WORKERS WERE VERY NEAT WHILE TRIMMING. THEY MADE SURE NOT TO DAMAGE THE PLANTS AROUND THE TREE.

Description of Work
MY PARENTS HAVE A CANARY PALM TREE THAT HAS NEVER BEEN TRIMED. LET ME RESTATE THAT, HAS NOT BEEN TRIMMED SINCE THEY HAVE OWNED THE HOUSE, 20YEARS. SO AS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT I HAD IT TRIMMED.

11/04/2004

KAAREN M.

THEY WERE VERY QUICK WITH AN ESTIMATE. THEIR PRICE WAS VERY REASONABLE IN COMPARISON TO OTHER QUOTES WE OBTAINED. THEY ARRIVED PROMPTLY AT THE APPOINTED TIME AND THE TRIMMER DID AN EXCELLENT JOB OF SHAPING THE TREES.

Description of Work
TRIMMED AND LACED 12 ALDER TREES TO HEIGHT SPECS PER HOMEOWNER'S ASSN. CCRS. INCLUDED CLEANUP AND HAULING AWAY DEBRIS.

09/26/2004

MARIA H.

GREAT JOB AND NEAT AFTERWARD.

Description of Work
TREE SERVICE.

08/13/2004

WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE ARTISTIC. THEY WERE REFERRED BY ONE OF OUR NEIGHBORS. THEIR PRICES COULD TRULY NOT BE BEAT! TO TOP IT OFF (NO PUN INTENDED), THEY CALLED AND OFFERED A REDUCED RATE IF THEIR STAFF COULD START ON THE JOB THE VERY NEXT DAY, SO AS TO PROVIDE THEM ADDITIONAL WORK WHILE 'IN THE AREA' AND KEEPING THEIR STAFF HAPPY AND BUSY TO EARN EXTRA MONEY FOR THE HOLIDAYS. THE WORKERS WERE SIMPLY AMAZING! THEY GOT THE JOB DONE IN LESS THAN ONE DAY FROM START TO FINISH. ALL WAS DONE IN A VERY PROFESSIONAL, EFFICIENT AND IMPRESSIVE MANNER, WITH PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY SAFETY. IN ADDITION, THEY GAVE A COURTESY FOLLOW-UP CALL A COUPLE OF WEEKS LATER TO SEE IF WE WERE SATISFIED WITH THE JOB. WE GAVE THEM A 5 STAR RATING!!!!!

Description of Work
FREE ESTIMATE WITH PROFESSIONAL COMPREHENSIVE PROPOSAL PROVIDED ON A SHORT-TERM BASIS. THEY REMOVED TWO 48 YEAR OLD ALEPPO PINE TREES (AKA: URBAN FORESTRY) FROM OUR FRONT YARD! THEY GROUND BOTH STUMPS AND STACKED THE FIREWOOD TO THE SIDE OF THE GARAGE, TOOK AWAY THE DEBRIS (AS WELL AS CUTTING DOWN A PEPPER TREE ON THE SIDE OF THE GARAGE).