Your septic system is a lot like your digestive system. Take care of it with these maintenance tips so your septic system works properly and lasts a long time.
Get matched with top septic system services in Mabelvale, AR
There are 1 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Mabelvale
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingThey were very nice and informative. They explained everything well and gave a detailed explanation of the cost. They left no mess and were prompt and professional.
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingWe are new to septic systems and purchased a house with one that was 9 years old. Since we couldn't get a straight answer from the seller we hired Kelly to check it out. Very friendly and informative man. The system does need to be pumped out but is running very well. Will definitely have him come back to pump it out
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingEverything went great from first phone call to installing a new septic tank pump. see above inform.
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingIt was around the Thanksgiving season in 2012 and I was expecting house guests. Honey-well was not the original firm that I contacted. I called and Mr. Snodgrass was able to fit me in immediately on a Sunday to pump out my septic tank. He was prompt, explained to me the problem and solution. Also told me what I could do on a routine basis to prevent future problems with my septic tank (i.e. pour rock salt down my drains instead of chemicals that kill the necessary bacteria).My tank had not been pumped in the 30 years I had lived there. After he finished he noticed water was still running although everything was supposedely shut off. He helped me find my outside water shut off and waited while I experimented with different inside water lines. We determined my master bath had a slow leak in the commode. That along saved me money in the long run. I will use Honey-well for routine septic pump cleaning.Rate was very reasonable
- CLEAR FLOWMike O'Conner came out on a Saturday and pumped the standing water out of our septic tank, and checked the pump for problems initially. He diagnosed it as the float not doing it's job. He repositioned it and said that we needed to wait to see if it was going to be work and recommended that we hard wire the pump to the electrical source we had available instead of having an exposed cord. This would be done once the ground around the pump tank had time to dry out. After a few days we noticed that the tank was filling up again, and called Mike. He sent one of his crew out to reposition the float. The young man let us know he was there and went straight to work. He knocked on the door after he had finished and let me know he would be back to check on it ( but he wouldn't bother us, just go to the pump tank and check) and make sure it was working and that they would hard wire it once it was dry. For several days we had rain, and of course the ground could not dry out, but we didn't notice any water building up in the tank. I spoke with Mike a few days later and he told me that his crewman had been out three times to check the pump and was certain the problem had been fixed. He then set up a time to have someone come out to hard wire the pump. The young man who came out was the same one who had been checking on the pump. He was polite, quick and efficient. I can't say enough good things about this company! They are excellent and saved us a ton of money! Thank you, Mike and crew
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingWas a little late due to needed to refill gas tank on truck. But very friendly and went straight to work. Had been over 10 years since tank was pumped, but he got it done quickly and cleaned up after he was done. Very happy with service and will use again.
- 4E Environmental Services Inc.Garza and CW were friendly, experienced, knowledgable, and stuck with it until the job was done RIGHT! They had to dig under a sidewalk to get access to the lid/cover of the tank. They then pumped and back-flushed, and then pumped and back-flushed again and again until the bottom of the tank was visible and sparkling. They also inspected the tank and provided great counsel on how to maintain our septic tank on a go-forward basis. I would recommend these guys and will use them in the future for sure
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingA great experience. I had just bought the house, and he was able to use it as an example of what NOT to put in a septic tank. Did a great job of pumping out the septic tank, and giving me helpful advise on how to maintain the septic tank system.
- 4E Environmental Services Inc.Located, uncovered and thoroughly cleaned a 1500 gallon septic tank. After the initial clean-out, they used a high pressure hose to flush all the nooks and crannies and then cleaned that out also. In the course of cleaning, the technician discovered several stress cracks in the side of my tank, probably caused last year when a back hoe was doing some work in the area. He warned me about the potential for failure so I can take steps now to avoid a disaster in the future. When they were done, they replaced the tank lid and restored the lawn, leaving the work area just as they had found it. These folks are rare birds in this day and age, they actually care a LOT about what they do and how they do it. When the time comes for my next cyclical clean out, I definitely will be using them again. I'd recommend them to anyone
- 4E Environmental Services Inc.I called them that morning and they came out a couple of hours later. They stayed until they found the distribution box and pumped that out too. They advised me on what to do after they left. The amount of work and time they put in I don't think another company would have done all that and not jacked up their fees on me. I'll definitely be calling them when its time to do the scheduled maintenance in two years
Last update on December 7, 2015
Septic Service Contractors in Mabelvale, AR
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Caring for your septic system properly can mean the difference between paying a few hundred dollars and paying thousands of dollars for a replacement.
Find septic tank services in
- Shannon Hills,
- East End,
- Little Rock,
- Sweet Home,
- Cammack Village,
- North Little Rock,
Septic Tank Contractors in Mabelvale, AR
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Get-ER-Done Handyman Services17227 Butler Rd
Alexander, Arkansas 72002
- Get-ER-Done Handyman Services
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup9022 Landers Rd
North Little Rock, Arkansas 72117
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup
- U S Rooter All Type Plumbing Co Inc17023 Batesville Pike
Sherwood, Arkansas 72120
- U S Rooter All Type Plumbing Co Inc
Septic tank companies that service Mabelvale
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.