Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Jacksonville, AR
There are 1 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Jacksonville
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingIt was around the Thanksgiving season in 2012 and I was expecting house guests. Honey-well was not the original firm that I contacted. I called and Mr. Snodgrass was able to fit me in immediately on a Sunday to pump out my septic tank. He was prompt, explained to me the problem and solution. Also told me what I could do on a routine basis to prevent future problems with my septic tank (i.e. pour rock salt down my drains instead of chemicals that kill the necessary bacteria).My tank had not been pumped in the 30 years I had lived there. After he finished he noticed water was still running although everything was supposedely shut off. He helped me find my outside water shut off and waited while I experimented with different inside water lines. We determined my master bath had a slow leak in the commode. That along saved me money in the long run. I will use Honey-well for routine septic pump cleaning.Rate was very reasonable
- 4E Environmental Services Inc.Garza and CW were friendly, experienced, knowledgable, and stuck with it until the job was done RIGHT! They had to dig under a sidewalk to get access to the lid/cover of the tank. They then pumped and back-flushed, and then pumped and back-flushed again and again until the bottom of the tank was visible and sparkling. They also inspected the tank and provided great counsel on how to maintain our septic tank on a go-forward basis. I would recommend these guys and will use them in the future for sure
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingEverything went great from first phone call to installing a new septic tank pump. see above inform.
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingWe are new to septic systems and purchased a house with one that was 9 years old. Since we couldn't get a straight answer from the seller we hired Kelly to check it out. Very friendly and informative man. The system does need to be pumped out but is running very well. Will definitely have him come back to pump it out
- 4E Environmental Services Inc.Located, uncovered and thoroughly cleaned a 1500 gallon septic tank. After the initial clean-out, they used a high pressure hose to flush all the nooks and crannies and then cleaned that out also. In the course of cleaning, the technician discovered several stress cracks in the side of my tank, probably caused last year when a back hoe was doing some work in the area. He warned me about the potential for failure so I can take steps now to avoid a disaster in the future. When they were done, they replaced the tank lid and restored the lawn, leaving the work area just as they had found it. These folks are rare birds in this day and age, they actually care a LOT about what they do and how they do it. When the time comes for my next cyclical clean out, I definitely will be using them again. I'd recommend them to anyone
- CLEAR FLOWMike O'Connor made the schedule for Thursday, Sept. 4th at 9:00am. Crew showed up at 8:50. Had Genes pumping service and man on board ready to work at 9am! I have had trouble in the past with last vendor making sure things were on time and inpections performed per schedule. Clear Flow seems to have their operations finally tuned and customer satisfaction on top of list. I look forward to having this company service my system and highly recommend them
- CLEAR FLOWMike O'Conner came out on a Saturday and pumped the standing water out of our septic tank, and checked the pump for problems initially. He diagnosed it as the float not doing it's job. He repositioned it and said that we needed to wait to see if it was going to be work and recommended that we hard wire the pump to the electrical source we had available instead of having an exposed cord. This would be done once the ground around the pump tank had time to dry out. After a few days we noticed that the tank was filling up again, and called Mike. He sent one of his crew out to reposition the float. The young man let us know he was there and went straight to work. He knocked on the door after he had finished and let me know he would be back to check on it ( but he wouldn't bother us, just go to the pump tank and check) and make sure it was working and that they would hard wire it once it was dry. For several days we had rain, and of course the ground could not dry out, but we didn't notice any water building up in the tank. I spoke with Mike a few days later and he told me that his crewman had been out three times to check the pump and was certain the problem had been fixed. He then set up a time to have someone come out to hard wire the pump. The young man who came out was the same one who had been checking on the pump. He was polite, quick and efficient. I can't say enough good things about this company! They are excellent and saved us a ton of money! Thank you, Mike and crew
- 4E Environmental Services Inc.I called them that morning and they came out a couple of hours later. They stayed until they found the distribution box and pumped that out too. They advised me on what to do after they left. The amount of work and time they put in I don't think another company would have done all that and not jacked up their fees on me. I'll definitely be calling them when its time to do the scheduled maintenance in two years
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingAll of the wonderful reviews about this company are correct! The man who pumped my system is (I believe) the owner. He was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I moved into my home two years ago. The house was built in 1991. The people who installed my system did so near a large tree. He told me there should be ten feet of clearance on all sides of the septic system, therefore this system was installed improperly. He also alerted me to the fact that my system had never been pumped. It was obvious! Tree roots were awful and he had to chop through them to get to my tank. Whenever we encountered an obstacle that could potentially cost me more money, he stopped and explained the situation thoroughly. For example, the tree had grown under the septic system and had started to pull it up. This resulted in a semi-warped lid. He had to pry the lid off and told me if the lid broke he wasn't responsible. He also told me about how delicate my system was and gave me helpful hints on maintaining it. I will definitely have this system pumped by Honey Wagon in two years as he suggested. I wish all service providers were like Honey Wagon! I wish they accepted debit or credit cards. They only accept cash or check. I was charged $25.00 for him to go up and down the steep hill by Greystone Subdivision, but I knew of this charge prior to his arrival
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingThey were very nice and informative. They explained everything well and gave a detailed explanation of the cost. They left no mess and were prompt and professional.
Last update on December 7, 2015
Septic Service Contractors in Jacksonville, AR
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- North Little Rock,
- Cammack Village,
- Sweet Home,
- Little Rock,
- East End,
- Shannon Hills
Septic Tank Contractors in Jacksonville, AR
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 4E Environmental Services Inc.PO Box 7805
Little Rock, Arkansas 72217
- 4E Environmental Services Inc.
- Get-ER-Done Handyman Services17227 Butler Rd
Alexander, Arkansas 72002
- Get-ER-Done Handyman Services
- Honey-Wagon Septic PlumbingPO Box 215
Little Rock, Arkansas 72203
- Honey-Wagon Septic Plumbing
- U S Rooter All Type Plumbing Co Inc17023 Batesville Pike
Sherwood, Arkansas 72120
- U S Rooter All Type Plumbing Co Inc
Septic tank companies that service Jacksonville
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.