How long does it take to install a window? Replacing a window can do wonders for your home’s energy efficiency, but this job isn’t always a quick fix. Learn more.
Get matched with top window treatment in Wasilla, AK
There are 0 highly-rated local window treatment.
Matching on Angi
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Wasilla
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingThey are quick to respond to requests for quotes. We’ve been very happy with the blinds especially the block out blinds in the bedrooms. They tell you it will take about 4 weeks but it’s been closer to 3 for both of our installs. Professional, good quality and all around good company. Would highly recommend. Money well spent
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingFantastic! Tom and Barbara were wonderful to work with. Tom came over and measured everything. Barbara suggested I come in to the store prior to his measuring to get an idea of what type of blinds I might be interested in purchasing. Their son, Sam (I think that's his name) helped me in the store. He spent quite a while with me explaining the differences and possibilities in various types of blinds. I never felt rushed in the least. The blinds arrived earlier than scheduled (great!) and they called to schedule installation. The installer was very professional and was able to install the blinds a lot faster than I would have thought. The finished product is perfect and we are SO happy to use a local company and receive absolutely THE BEST customer service! We will definitely use them again in the future
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingThe thing I love the most about this company is that they listen to what you like and don't like in window treatments and have suggestions. The show room is beautiful and welcoming. They come in and measure, bring samples. Tom's color suggestions are spot on, he really looks at the whole room, and is a great listener and provides valuable input. While not the least expensive treatment you can find on the market, the quality is well worth the price. He had ideas to please both myself and my husband to get the look and features we desired. I love the fact that they are punctual you don't spend all day, or even a half of a day waiting for them to come. They set an appointment time and they arrive at that time. They are great at estimating when your window treatments will be in (and you know in Alaska that is a trick in its self). My upstairs was such a positive experience that I had him come back a month later and give me ideas what I could do with my family room. We completed that in January. They want you to be happy, no high pressure sales. The installation was perfect, and they packaged up the old blinds and would have removed for me if I wanted. They mentioned that the Habitat restore did take those kind of things. That shows the conscientious behavior that they exhibit. I have one more room to do and they can count on that I will be calling them to come and give me a quote
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingThey were very friendly and easy to work with. They worked well with my schedule and did a great job. The price was fair especially because they covered majority of the work under the warranty. The blinds were in this home when I purchased it. They did the research to ensure it was still covered under warranty
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingAwesome ! Love it ! Beautiful local showroom. No pressure to buy. Added value with expertise. Helped me though the complicated process we patience and practvoality.
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingI was told that the shutters could take up to six weeks from order to install, but the shutters were installed in three weeks/1 day. Installation takes all day (one person), and we have less than 1800 square feet (no huge oversized windows...pretty much just the larger one-window living room and one that is much smaller, larger one-window dining room, one larger window in the master bedroom, one smaller window in each of the other two bedrooms, 4 smaller windows in the breakfast nook). Three shutters had minor problems and even though they were installed (and fully functional and looked fine), the parts that were needed came in and fixed three weeks later...so six weeks was correct if you count waiting for parts. Tom and his employee were totally professional, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending the company. I never had shutters nor even knew anyone that had them. Here's some things to think about if you are thinking of shutters for your house: 1. This is important for those of us that live in Alaska during the winter months. Even if you have the louvers (the blades that open and close) open, it is somewhat darker than if you are used to shades where you simply pull it up every morning. However, the advantage of shutters over shades is the ability to have as much privacy as you want; you can have the louvers on one side completely open and the louvers on the other side completely closed (blinding sun) or any combination of opened/closed. We have relatively close neighbors, so the ability to control privacy is critical. 2. Although I vacuumed my old shades weekly (or should say, that was my goal), I could never vacuum the backside (closest to the window), and we all know how much dust is in Anchorage, so I never thought the shades were ever totally clean (between getting them cleaned professionally every year or two). For the shutters, I find that using a Swiffer duster is all it takes and much easier than when I vacuumed the shades. It does take a chunk of time to Swiffer the shutters; having shutters is not saving on cleaning time (as compared to vacuuming shades), but the end product is much cleaner! 3. I never thought of this until after we had shutters: All of our windows have 'grids' (the bars between the layers of glass so it looks like the window has smaller panes), so looking at the windows from outside, the shutters are not as attractive as they would be if the windows had no grids. And, of course, it is not an option to change out all the windows. If we ever build a house, I will remember to not select windows with grids, as I'm pretty sure I will again choose to have shutters. 4. And, finally, the windows from the inside always look 'finished' without having any drapes. I like simple and no fussiness. I chose white shutters with the tilt rod not visible on the outside - I really like the simple clean look. The price was a little expensive but not that much more than the higher-end shades that I intended to buy. Also, our shutters are not wood. I believe they are the Palm Beach polysatin shutters, and being white, Tom said he recommended the non-wood alternative, which made them about 1/3 cheaper than the all-wood option. Perhaps if you want a wood look, it would be better if the shutters were a real wood product, but being white, it did not matter
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingThis family owned business is a pleasure to work with! I loved being able to walk into their incredible store and see examples of design, colors, fabrics, and get answers to many of my own questions about window coverings! The owner came to my home and precisely measured all 5 windows and was quite talented in color matching, as well as helping keep costs affordable for my needs. The professional installer was careful and spent time teaching us how the automatic system works. I would recommend this business to anyone needing window treatments!
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingTom as great with the estimate. Asked our color options and future home operatives. Andrew's installation was efficient and quick.
- TAYLORED RESTORATION SVCDid everything on schedule, very responsive and charged exactly the estimate. Really like this business.
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind KingThey did a wonderful job. The whole experience was great. They brought samples and went over with me what would work best. Getting the materials ordered was easy and the installation was fast and efficient. It is better than what I envisioned. They coordinated having the treatment being done with the blinds being installed. Getting the work scheduled was very easy. I called them and had an appointment set up soon after. They have the local knowledge of natural light in Alaska. I have a lifetime warranty on the blinds, which comes with the blinds. I would not go with anyone else for this type of work
Last update on December 17, 2017
Window Treatment Services in Wasilla
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Skylight shades, conveniently automated, let homeowners enjoy their windows while limiting light. Choose energy-efficient cellular shade window treatments.
Frayed blind strings can make your window blinds work ineffectively. Learn how to DIY restring blinds and fix cords in this step-by-step guide.
window treatment in Wasilla
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Cozy Carpet Interiors17035 N Eagle River Loop Rd
Eagle River, Alaska 99577
- Cozy Carpet Interiors
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind King1120 East Huffman Road Suite 1
Anchorage, Alaska 99515
- Exciting Windows! by Mini Blind King
- FLORCRAFT CARPET ONE145 E 5TH AVE
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
- FLORCRAFT CARPET ONE
- Palace of Glass2340 Powell St, Suite 108
Emeryville, California 94608
- Palace of Glass
- RoomsBeautiful.com3547 Fairview Industrial Dr SE
Salem, Oregon 97302
- TAYLORED RESTORATION SVC8535 Dimond D Circle Unit A
Anchorage, Alaska 99515
- TAYLORED RESTORATION SVC