Blindsgalore

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2012

5744 Pacific Center Blvd Ste 306

San Diego, CA 92121

Family owned & operated. Blindsgalore is the DIY-ers choice for the best selection and value in custom window coverings. Blindsgalore's goal is to make home improvement and decorating more affordable by providing easy access to the most comprehensive collection of custom made to order window treatments/window coverings and knowledgeable, friendly customer service professionals. We offer the most comprehensive collection of custom window treatments from Bali, Graber, Comfortex, Good Housekeeping and Levolor, as well as our own Blindsgalore collection, allowing you unlimited design choices and affordable prices. All our products are first quality, custom made to your specifications, and shipped direct to you from the factory. Cost is determined by the job....

12/04/2020

Carla D.

If I could give zero stars, I would. First, it was taking forever to get my order. When I looked at my order, they somehow had the wrong address (my former address from five years ago), so I contacted them to change the address. They assured me that the address was changed. A couple of weeks later, I was notified via email that my order was delivered but when I checked my front door it wasn't there, so I went to my old address, 30 minutes away and got lucky that the owner was there and had received my order. When I got it home the 3 roller shades that I ordered for side-by-side windows were all 4 inches too big. I followed the online measurement directions which suggested that you add 2 inches per side to your measurements for an outside mount. I should have stayed with my original measurements. When I called, they suggested that I keep an inch on each side. They re-made them, and AGAIN sent them to the wrong address - even after I re-confirmed that they had the right one. Again, I had to go to my old address to look for my delivery. This time, no one was home, so I took a chance and waited in front of their house for a while until someone may come home. Luckily, someone showed up within 90 minutes. This time they had showed up with 2 boxes! They re-made it twice (6 roller shades), all still too big! Due to the global pandemic and for personal reasons, I waited to address the issue. When I finally was able to contact them, I was sent a message that the CSR's supervisor determined that the blinds were made correctly. Therefore, they cannot offer a remake for this order. Their policy states that they will make up to 4 shades if the customer is not completely happy. However, they offered to remake the shades at a discounted price! I will not give them one more penny! Worst service ever! A $500.00 lesson learned - They stole my money and left me with 9 useless roller shades to get rid of. I do not recommend them!

Description of Work
Ordered 3 roller shades

07/14/2020

Bart B.

Once my order arrived, the hardware order was missing 8 hinge pins. I immediately attempted to contact the company and sat on hold for 40 minutes. I opted to leave a message but never heard anything back. Then I opened the last box and there was damage to one of the shutters. I again attempted to call them with no luck. At this point, I have called about 6 times over the last 2 weeks, left several messages and sent 3 emails. I spent $300 on a broken shutter. Do not give your hard earned money to this company.

Description of Work
Ordered new interior shutters for 5 windows

06/09/2020

Robert W.

I purchased a large amount of blinds from Blinds Galore, to redecorate my home. The selection of blinds was great; the price was best around (particularly during oft-repeated manufacturer discounts). And it was easy to order, since the Blinds Galore representative was very knowledgeable, and patient through various re-work of the order. Finally, Blinds Galore was accommodating beyond expectation, for correcting mistakes that I had made in the order, not realized until after the order was delivered.

Description of Work
Purchased window treatments

03/01/2020

Vickie & Joe V.

No contact from Blindsgalore. I purchased new blinds.

Description of Work
Blind repair

11/18/2019

Lauri S.

No one contacted me. Since I value customer service very highly, I would not consider working with this company.

Description of Work
Sliding door blind purchase and installation.

10/03/2019

Warren T.

I have been a customer since January 2006. Each time I've moved, I've ordered new blinds from their website. Everything was great. Customer service really bent over backwards to make things right. Quality was good and what you specified on the website is what you ended up getting shipped to you. I recently renovated a room and I ordered new blinds. What I configured on the website was not at all what I received. Apparently the factory made changes to product options that did not match what was being offered on the website. Rather than contact me to discuss, they simply made and shipped the blinds. I received something that was COMPLETELY different that what I'd configured (and paid extra for) on the website. I called them (they are Pacific Time zone) and the hours listed on the website indicated that someone would be available to answer the phone to fix my problem. Turns out the hours listed on the website are only the SALES hours. The customer service hours are different. In fact customer service closes two hours earlier than sales. I called back the other day. There's no phone tree. You just sit on hold until someone answers. By default they route your call to the sales people. Well when the sales person answered the phone, they flatly stated that they are the sales office and they can't address customer service issues. The attitude was as if it was my fault for incorrectly reaching out to them. I get transferred to customer service (have to wait on hold again). Marty from customer service was able to resolve my issue. He reached out to the factory, figured out the miscommunication and explained my options. In order to get things consistent, I had to pay additional to upgrade the blinds. They sent a replacement right away. Within a week I received the replacement. Still not good. One of the blinds is damaged. The other looks good so I go to install it. Instructions are clear and straightforward, but the mounting brackets they sent do not match the blind's headrail. I call back again. No phone tree to directly request customer service. I sit on hold. Finally a sales rep answers the phone. Same attitude. "I'm in sales, I can't help you. You need customer service, please hold and I'll transfer you." I finally get connected to customer service. The nice lady (can't remember her name) apologizes for the inconvenience. She promises to reach out to the factory to get the damaged blind remade. She also promises to have the factory send out the correct mounting brackets. The brackets will be sent in a separate shipment from the blinds so I should get them much sooner. She promises that I'll be emailed tracking numbers when they ship. Its been two days now, and I still haven't received any update. I guess I'll roll the dice and try to call again. In the meantime, my wife is giving me the evil eye and saying "You should have just ordered these from Home Depot."

Description of Work
Ordered Blinds

02/20/2019

naomi M.

Salesman was very helpful and professional but they were the most expensive. And I still have to do the installation or find someone to do it.

Description of Work
Plantation shutters

08/29/2018

Edward P K.

The items received were labeled properly and unbroken. They were installed per the instructions, and functioned.

Description of Work
Window Treatments

01/17/2018

Candi H.

There was a problem with one of the blinds not including the liner as ordered. It took a couple of calls to get it replaced but they came through with a new blind pretty quickly. Would order from them again.

Description of Work
Second time ordering with Blinds Galore. We installed window blinds and roman shades ourselves.

07/18/2017

Barbara G.

You can pick out what you like and they will send you a sample of the style and color so you can be sure it's a good match. They give you instructions on how to measure your windows for either inside or outside mounting. You will get a great discount being an Angie member. The blinds are great quality and service is very quick and they are super easy to install.

Description of Work
Needed new cellular blinds