Few things are more frustrating than a malfunctioning AC unit on a hot day. Here are nine AC troubleshooting tips to get the cool air flowing again.
Get matched with top home builders in Kenai, AK
There are 5 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Kenai
- Roche ConstructionJob when very well. Great contractor to work with in everyway. They did the design, provided a solid bid and completed the work in a very professional manner. Highly recommend.
- Roche ConstructionOutstanding general contractor. Provided estimate and schedule and stuck to it. We added several change orders because the work was so good. It's like having a new house.
- FAIRVIEW PROPERTY CONSULTANTSI have used Fairview Consultants for three of my home inspections now and I will never use anyone else! Pamela and Mike are a husband and wife team who are both licensed inspectors with many years of experience, so you’re really getting two inspectors for the price of one! They are very professional and will take the time to walk the buyer through the house and explain everything. Their pricing is great compared to their competitors and you can rest easy that you got a top quality home inspection. Highly recommend using them for your home inspection needs
- Building Specialties IncThey were here everyday working. Many days there were 3 different contractors working on my home. Jacob and John kept me apprised of the work and costs frequently. If there were additions added to the original contract, they were written and signed by both of us. Everyone knew where we stood. I have recommended Building Specialties to others. I would hire them without even getting any other bids. They were fair, consistent, hard working and most of all, honest
- Wiring Up AK Electric LLCI used Brian for a small remodel job in 2010 and saved his business card. Called him in again in August 2020 to install a baseboard heater. He listened to my specs and preferences, did the shopping for me, and installed the unit all within 24 hours. The price came in below his estimate. Who wouldn't hire a cheerful, competent, professional guy like him again
- Spartan ContractingRenovation went excellently. in addition to executing work, Spartan provided design recommendations. Spartan were available for questions, responded in a timely manner, and worked within our guidelines. The work was done well. The project costs and timelines were explained clearly and appropriate documentation was provided
- Jensen ConstructionIt took a little time for us to get together for est. But when it came to performing the work I had a lot of imperfection to over come but the work was excellent. Dave gave me a quote off the top of his head said it would be high end (over).Insure he went over but he only charged me what he quote.
- Case & Gamble ConstructionGreat! Case & Gamble were very professional and communicated well throughout the process. Would absolutely hire again.
- KORNERSTONE KONSTRUCTIONContractor drilled through foundation at several locations and injected material (Mountain Grout) that is blocking the water from entering the crawl space.
- TRAILBOSS CONSTRUCTION & PAVNGGreat job, showed up when promised, and got job done in professional manner. Would not hesitate to hire again.
House Builders in Kenai
- Business Description:Building Specialties specializes in commercial and residential construction with over 60 years of combined experience in foundations, wood and steel frame construction, roofing and finish work. We are also warranty trained, Carlisle-Syntec rubber roof applicators for Alaska. The industry has brought the business all over the Kenai Peninsula and the Anchorage area. Whether it's remodeling a home or construction of a new commercial building, Building Specialties has what it takes to get the j..Recent Review:They did great. They're very dependable they did the job in a timely manner cost was reasonable. We've been using them for 15 years and have never been disappointed with them.Robin C.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a husband wife team who have been in the construction field for over 30 years. Have been in the home inspection business for over 18 years inspecting over 6,000 homes/businesses in the State of Alaska.Recent Review:I have now used Mike and Pamela at Fairview Consultants twice. The first inspection, they saved me from a terrible initial inspection conducted by another company. They found multiple issues with my property and were able to help me rectify those issues with the seller - a huge relief as I was buying sight unseen. The second and most recent inspection went phenomenally. They pointed out even the most minor defects that could result in potential issues down the line. Mike and Pamela truly work for their customer and their pricing is extremely competitive for the thorough work they do. I highly recommend this team for any future inspectionsMichael R.
- Business Description:Jensen Construction is a small family owned company, in business in Anchorage since 1984. My business is under many categories on Angie's list. Almost all phases of construction. We take pride in the quality of work we provide and I, Dave Jensen take a hands on approach to ensure satisfaction. business lic #50121 specialty contractor lic# 1573Recent Review:Dave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!!MARK V.
- Business Description:Hello Angie's List members, My name is Elayne Davis-Lucero, owner of Wiring Up AK Electric. The company is residential based and covers anything from new construction to home owner's remodels. I treat there project as if it was happening at my own home. I pay attention to details insuring quality service and customer care. I also do Generator back up system's or small issues that may arise. I give 1 year warranty on all work performed, along with free quotes. I look forward to working with An..Recent Review:Brian was very prompt about returning calls, and he and Anthony arrived on time and installed the fans, including trim around the ceiling where the old fans had been cut out. We are very happy with the fans and with the quality of service. Definitely will call them again when we have another project. Pricing seemed reasonableDiana W.
- Business Description:Roy Briley General Contracting serves many companies along with the general public. With nearly 200 real estate professionals, 500 rental doors, and thousands of HOA doors all needing construction services, we stay very busy. We understand that downtime is costly to the property owner, therefore, getting the resident back into their restored home is a high priority. From flood and fire mitigation, general remodeling, to basic maintenance issues, RBGC is the preferred contractor. With cost eff..Recent Review:I needed to install a ceiling storage unit that my mother had started, but got in over her head with (both literally and figuratively). Brynn corrected the "work" that was done and walked me through the process. They are professional and fairly priced. Special thanks to Josia and Brynn for doing such a great jobgabrielle s.
- Business Description:24 Hour Emergency Services. Founded in 1972, Taylored Restoration is one of Alaska’s leading remodeling and renovation companies. We are a customer-focused company that has completed thousands of home and commercial projects. We strive to serve our customers for life! Our Family is in its third generation in Alaska and we have a strong interest in the well being of our community. Taylored Restoration and the company team have contributed time and money to many community projects including the..Recent Review:First class operation. Cannot say enough about Taylored's professionalism!John P.
- Business Description:Remodel and repair experts for residential and commercial jobs. Our company was founded by life long carpenters. We employ highly skilled craftsmen, and following strict industry guidelines in the execution of any job we do. We are proactive problem solvers, that value our customers. No job to large, no job to small. At APEX Construction & Remodel "Quality Matters"Recent Review:We hired Jon’s company to sand and stain our deck in June 2017. Very long story short, we tried every way to get ahold of Jon to talk about the work that was done for a year and a half. The office manager would always say she will have him call, but we never received a call. The deck was done incorrectly and was never finished. It’s now green, rotting and will most likely have to be replaced. Not only was in raining that day but it had been raining for weeks prior. It clearly states on the 124 ounce can of Superdeck Transparent oil based Stain, to NOT apply “…if rain is likely to occur.” Now, here we are at the end of 2018, we finally get a call from Jon and he threatens us with lawsuits/liens/collections etc at Christmas time, after we have spent as much as we can afford on our 3 daughters for Christmas. He repeatedly tells us how busy his company is, which we don’t care because that has nothing to do with us. He says that his company is full of “professionals” but he was not willing to do anything to rectify my situation except gives us $100 off. Gee, thanks a lot, Jon. The following week, after an EXTREMELY rude phone call from Jon and his accountant Linda, who was yelling at me in the background, we paid him, so we never have to speak to him or his staff of “professionals” again. It is obvious that APEX is a poorly managed business at this point. Next summer we will be re-doing the work on our deck ourselves, correctly and professionally. We do not recommend this company to anyone unless you are into horrible customer service and enjoy being on a back burner. Also, just a side note, if I would have checked court view first, and read the reviews with a reoccurring theme, we WOULD NOT have hired him. That was my bad for not taking time to investigate who I was actually hiringSean N.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Recent Review:What a headache to deal with byler construction. None of their timelines are correct. Had me schedule inspection with nothing complete, not hooked up to utilities, house had debris all over the inside, sink holes on the property from them burying trash/debris and downed trees all over property. Inside nothing is done with care... counters show seams all over, outlets stop working and dont reset, control boxes are laying on the ground in the crawlspace in standing water not supported and with conductors showing, none of the receptacles match the prints, conductors chafing on K.O. holes (horrible electricians, I am a commercial electrician and their work is unacceptable, electrician should be fired). They took numerous short cuts including leaving standing water in the crawl space, concrete walls are soaked that they covered up with insulation. Not only are they not wanting to fix their mistakes, they do not hold up to their end of the contract. They promise D1 gravel driveway with base layer and top layer and provided a dirt driveway calling it complete... same one a week earlier that had 8 inch ruts in from their trucks that they just compacted down again. They do not hold up their end of the agreement, not sure how they are still in business. They always want to "come back after closing" well like other reviews say... they won't come back and their handshake means nothing, or a contract for that matter when they cut corners and call things complete to save money. I gave them a chance even after seeing their horrible reviews and was a big mistake. Their good reviews come from friends and family or their selling agent for example ofcourse leaves a perfect review. Take your business elsewhere, these people are not trustworthy and do not make things right... probably the worst contractor in the valley. I understand mistakes happen but they will not fix them or abide by the contract and give you what's promisedTrevor B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
home builders in Kenai
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A-laska Plumbing,Heating and Construction Services2261 S Hornung Rd
- Accessible Homes IncPO Box 220494
- ADAMS CONSTRUCTION651 E CREEKSIDE DR
- Affordable Construction2907 Turnagain St
- Alaska Construction Groups7664 Snowview
- ALBORN CONSTRUCTION118 E. International Airport Rd.
- APEX Construction & RemodelPO Box 140523
- A-laska Plumbing,Heating and Construction Services
- Energy Savers2181 Cottonwood Loop
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Energy Savers
- H&K Enterprise5551 N Snicker Ave
- H&K Enterprise
- Visser Construction2137 Fairbanks St
- Visser Construction