When your power goes out, having a generator that supplies backup power can be a huge relief. Keeping on top of generator maintenance and repairs gives you extra peace of mind as a homeowner. Find out how much generator maintenance costs are.
Get matched with top generator services in Big Lake, AK
There are 2 highly-rated local generator services.
Recent Generator Service Reviews in Big Lake
- Pickett Power ElectricOur business is in hospitality and food service. The most recent extension of our company was a mobile commercial kitchen. We knew our kitchen had to meet precise requirements with health and fire inspectors. It was just as important that our electrical work was up to code. We are happy to have found Pickett Power Electric! After filling out the questionnaire on Angie's list I very quickly received a call from Wayne, the owner of Pickett Power Electric. Wayne was very courteous on the phone and got right down business. We began by discussing the specific needs of our kitchen. This included the power requirements of each appliance and placement according to our floor plan. Wayne made quick work of tallying the numbers and we set an appointment to view the mobile kitchen in person. Wayne arrived at the job site right on time. Over the couple of days the project took place this was an attribute I came to appreciate about him. In some cases he even beat me there! I showed him around the kitchen and discussed the flow of operations. At this time we mapped our switches, outlets, and panel placement. I had an idea of things I wanted functionally but it was Wayne's professional eye that was also able to consider aesthetics and convenience as well. It truly started to feel like a custom job! Wayne followed up by taking his time to draft an equipment list in a way that I would be able to understand. With his direction I was able to easily purchase everything on the list. There were even a few times I got confused when shopping and Wayne was instantly available on the phone for calls and picture messages. I definitely couldn't have sorted through all the gadgets without him! Never having used Angie's List I was not really sure what to expect. After seeing Wayne's work during the initial stages of day one I had no doubt we were working with a professional. I later asked how long he'd been doing electrical work and he mentioned 33 years! His work was fast, concise, and found a way to include me every step of the way. After all the wiring was done and the panel was installed I went out to get a generator. Wayne was willing to lend his expertise in this field as well given his experience with generators on job sites. We were able to pair a nice generator capable of maintaining our whole mobile kitchen's power requirements. One thing I really appreciated was Wayne's follow up after I got the generator. He helped me hook it up and even custom made the power cable for it. Next he walked me through the proper methods of operating the panel when connecting the generator. I was very happy to have this insight! After the generator was warmed up and plugged in Wayne finished the job by testing each outlet for proper operation. I wasn't surprised when everything worked great! All in all the work took two and half days. There was never a moment I felt any time was being wasted. Wayne's work was clean, concise, and really looks great in our kitchen! What we were left with is a truly custom job. We have plenty of plans for future projects in our commercial kitchen and I have no doubt that we will be reaching out to Pickett Power Electric to get them done
Generator Services in Big Lake
- Business Description:Hello Angie's List members, My name is Elayne Davis-Lucero, owner of Wiring Up AK Electric. The company is residential based and covers anything from new construction to home owner's remodels. I treat there project as if it was happening at my own home. I pay attention to details insuring quality service and customer care. I also do Generator back up system's or small issues that may arise. I give 1 year warranty on all work performed, along with free quotes. I look forward to working with An..Recent Review:Brian was very prompt about returning calls, and he and Anthony arrived on time and installed the fans, including trim around the ceiling where the old fans had been cut out. We are very happy with the fans and with the quality of service. Definitely will call them again when we have another project. Pricing seemed reasonableDiana W.
- Business Description:Long Family Electric is here to serve the Alaska community. Our service department is ready to help you with immediate needs, and our team offers free estimates for your remodels and additions. Problem solving is a specialty of ours, and there is no job too small. If you have a business or are a commercial contractor, we are able to serve your needs as well, with competent journeymen and great teamwork great attitudesRecent Review:Fast response, but still waiting for an estimate about 10 days after initiating. Price unknown.B M.
- Business Description:Sales, Service & Rebuilding of Antique and Classic Car Components such as, Carburetors, Starters, Generators, Fuel Pumps, Double & Single Action Fuel Pump Rebuilding, Water Pumps, Hydraulic Top Pumps, Distributors, and DELCO Knee Action Shocks, We also carry a complete line of NOS and NORS parts. We offer FREE Technical advice for any YEAR Classic Car 609-462-741Recent Review:Beware. They charged me double shipping even after I told them I would wait so I wouldn’t have to pay two shipping fees. The last item was a fuel pump that I had a problem with. I have made 4 calls to ask for help with no return call. PooFrank H.
- Business Description:As a family owned and operated electrical contracting and service provider. We take pride in offering the best electrical services possible at a reasonable priceRecent Review:Installed all of the electrical in a custom project but we had an issue with a 220 outlet that kept popping the circuit breaker every time. <br /> <ol> <li>We inspected the wiring and discovered that he used 16 gauge wire where all of the other 220 wiring was 6 gauge. We asked him to take a look at it and he just kept saying it was "b*******" that we were accusing him of using the wrong size wires.</li> <li>He refused to look at it. He does not stand behind his work.</li> <li>A real electrician came out and rewired the ling and used the right size wire and conduit. Very unprofessional individual.</li> <li> <hr /> </li> </ol> <br /Ryan B.
- Business Description:Meeting your residential, commercial & industrial electrical needs throughout the state. Possesses an electrical administrator's license. We are located in the Mat-Su Valley, & able to travel to remote locations in order to serve our clients-no job too large or small
- Business Description:General Contractor
- Business Description:ABB VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVES, SENSAPHONE MONITORING SOLUTIONS, SCADA, WELL PUMP SERVICE,PUMP REPAIR, PRESSURE TANKS!Recent Review:The technicians came on site and told me I noticed the switch humming because the pump never shut off. They thought it was getting louder over time from holes in my well pipe that were causing my pump to have to work harder and harder as the corrosion got worse. They were correct and pulled the corroded pipe out and replaced it with PVC in a couple hours. My house water pressure has improved and the loud humming has stopped. Good service and very responsive. I wish it was cheaper but installing '140 of new pipe in a well isn't something that could have been done quicker or by less skilled techniciansEric D.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful generator service articles
Generators come in a wide range of sizes based on wattage, and your needs will be different depending on if you want to power your home or provide some electricity for an outdoor event. This guide will break down how to calculate the right size.
The cost of a generator and its installation depends on the type you choose and its size. Use this guide to learn more about generator installation costs so that you can figure out your budget.
generator services in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ANCHORAGE WELL & PUMP SVC INC330 E 76TH AVE
- ANCHORAGE WELL & PUMP SVC INC
- DeYoung Electric, LLC1250 E Glenwood Ave
- DeYoung Electric, LLC
- Long Family Electric10833 E Twin Peaks Ct
- Long Family Electric
- My Classic Car Trader LLC312 Prospect Ave
Sicklerville, New Jersey
- My Classic Car Trader LLC
- Prime Constructors LLC2231 N Northway Ln Unit B
- Prime Constructors LLC
- Sibley Electrical Services9494 South Starlight Ln
- Sibley Electrical Services
- Wiring Up AK Electric LLC3705 Arctic Blvd
- Wiring Up AK Electric LLC