Choosing new cabinet hardware is a fun balance of practicality and design. Costs range between under $100 and up to five figures, though, so budgeting and knowing which materials you can afford is key. This cost guide breaks it all down.
Get matched with top cabinet refinishers in Big Lake, AK
There are 1 highly-rated local cabinet refinishers.
Recent Cabinet Refacing Reviews in Big Lake
- ALASKA WOODCRAFTERSI’m sorry to say my experience with Alaska Woodcrafters was beyond disappointing. Two stars because, as another reviewer wrote, I did get my cabinet back. After TWENTY MONTHS. I brought a 100-year-old pie cabinet up from the Midwest and chose this business to restore and refinish it. Owner came to my house to see it, gave an estimate, picked up the item and half the payment in December 2019. I finally picked it up today, in July 2021, and while I understand there was a lot of cleaning, stripping, and repair, I still need to touch up the paint and get new hardware put on part of it. In other words, it’s not completely done. Communication at the beginning, in 2019, was ok. Other big projects took priority; not being in a huge rush, in hindsight I was too forgiving about that. I certainly understood a delay in spring of 2020 when everything shut down. But in July 2020 I stopped in to see the cabinet and choose paint. At that time I was told it would be done in two weeks. No communication again until September, when I was told it would be done in two weeks. No communication again until November… this went on and on, every time being told it would be done in two weeks. I would never recommend this woodworker for an individual piece or project. If you’re crazy enough to go with them anyway, get a finish-date or delivery date in the contract and find a good lawyer
- Avalanche Construction Inc.Very well. Great communication the entire time. There were some time set backs due to the pandemic but we were notified of all progress as the job went along. Photos and videos were uploaded to the app they use to keep us informed. The work site was clean and orderly the entire time as well. No issues with debris in the yard or driveway. Overall we had a great experience and would recommend them to friends and family. Very knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to work with. A definite company to consider for all construction or remodeling needs
- Thomas Burton Custom FinishesI wasn't sure of the design, but it was sketched out ahead of time...just what I was looking for. I'm more thrilled with the outcome than I could've imagined! He also does faux painting to match granite, malachite or just about any finish. Cabinet restoration and painting too.
- TMS ConstructionMr. Sparks was punctual and worked steadily each day he was here (approximately five days over two weeks.) I never saw him take a break in an 8.5 hour day. He thought ahead about what materials were needed and came prepared. He offered multiple problem solving approaches to what needed to be done. He was professional, pleasant, diligent and honest throughout. He cleaned up his work area(s) before leaving each day and hauled away all used lumber and debris each evening. His rates were very reasonable. I couldn't have been more pleased and would highly recommend him to anyone needing handyman services
- Perfection Home RepairsChad made a bid, got the work done on time and under the estimate amount. He was in contact with us frequently and let us make choices when they needed to be made. He was very good about explaining the pros and cons (and costs!) of different materials and ways of doing things. When he left, both places were neat and clean and ready to go. We have had Chad come and do many smaller repairs since and have been happy with his work each time
Cabinet Refacing Contractors in Big Lake
- Business Description:A Team specialized on Residential & Commercial painting and remodel, our qualified team have the expertise and drive to fulfill your needs. We have list of highly satisfied clientele in our portafolio. Thank you for your interestRecent Review:Aurora was patient, kind and responsive to the myriad of questions I had prior to awarding them the bid to repaint my house. The crew showed up and worked 10-14h days to complete the work accurately, professionally and communicated often. The finished project has already gathered several positive responses from neighbors at the color selection and quality of work. Definitely recommend Aurora and will use them for future projectsJohn & Judith W.
- Business Description:We build one of a kind custom furniture, restore and refinish furniture, design and build built-in furnitureRecent Review:I’m sorry to say my experience with Alaska Woodcrafters was beyond disappointing. Two stars because, as another reviewer wrote, I did get my cabinet back. After TWENTY MONTHS. I brought a 100-year-old pie cabinet up from the Midwest and chose this business to restore and refinish it. Owner came to my house to see it, gave an estimate, picked up the item and half the payment in December 2019. I finally picked it up today, in July 2021, and while I understand there was a lot of cleaning, stripping, and repair, I still need to touch up the paint and get new hardware put on part of it. In other words, it’s not completely done. Communication at the beginning, in 2019, was ok. Other big projects took priority; not being in a huge rush, in hindsight I was too forgiving about that. I certainly understood a delay in spring of 2020 when everything shut down. But in July 2020 I stopped in to see the cabinet and choose paint. At that time I was told it would be done in two weeks. No communication again until September, when I was told it would be done in two weeks. No communication again until November… this went on and on, every time being told it would be done in two weeks. I would never recommend this woodworker for an individual piece or project. If you’re crazy enough to go with them anyway, get a finish-date or delivery date in the contract and find a good lawyerRobin B.
- Business Description:Perfection Home Repair is a family-owned company in Wasilla, AK. Dedicated towards delivering high-quality results to all of your commercial and residential jobs. We work with you to make your house your Home.Recent Review:The deck foundation is great. The stairs to the deck are great. The decking boards are spaced so close together that they didn't drain. It's taken fall, winter, and summer for the boards to shrink enough to drain water. The bench seats are about 4" too high, as even a 6-foot man's toes barely touch the deck. The seats are not deep enough, as they cut you off at the knees when sitting and dangling your feet because of the height. The support boards are not faced for ease of snow shoveling. The bench backs are too high and not angled back enough for comfort. The 2x6 bench beams have split where they are screwed to the floor. Chad Staats said he would fix the seats last October (2018), and I waited on this review until he fixed the problem. It's now 8 months later (August 2019), Chad still is "too busy" to fit me in, and in fact doesn't even answer my emails, so I have to find a contractor that really knows what they are doing to fix this problem, at a considerable cost to me. Apparently, this was his first deck with benches. No, I would not hire Perfection Home Repairs, Chad Staats, again, unless he had evidence of previous experience in what I was hiring him forTeresa Z.
- Business Description:Cabinet Door World manufactures quality finished & unfinished cabinet doors and ships them directly to your doorstep. Since we handle the manufacturing and shipping we offer highly competitive prices from the heartland of the furniture industry - North Carolina. We offer high quality products and outstanding customer service at reasonable prices. Feel free to reach to us via telephone or through our chat service located at the bottom right of our website. Www.cabinetdoorworld.com. Additional ..Recent Review:Unbelievable! The worst customer service I've ever seen. I ordered 2 cabinet doors which were supposed to be delivered in 20 business days. I had to threaten to call the police and file a claim with the NC attorney general to get my doors. After 4 months of waiting they arrived with a crooked line in the cabinet, I made multiple attempts to get my money back, but they insisted on making me new doors which I'm sure would have taken another 4 months and might also have defects again. They would not refund even part of my money for these issues. PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Terrible company and terrible servicePaul S.
- Business Description:Our experienced team of finishing carpenters, painters and landscapers work hard to make your construction goals a reality. Our team consistently delivers superior results coming in on budget and on time!
- Business Description:Delagrange Custom Cabinetry
- Business Description:Equity Builder Home Improvement is locally owned and operated. We pride ourselves on providing personalized professional services at the most competitive prices possible. We try to keep all of our work in-house to alleviate the headaches of coordinating your schedule with multiple contractors, which often leads to delays and inconsistent quality. We understand letting strangers into your home requires a great deal of trust from a client. It is for this reason that we maintain a relatively s..Recent Review:I don't really have any details I read the reviews and it sounded like he does great work. I saw there were a few times that he did not send an estimate back to a client but got his computer fixed. I thought we would give this guy a chance. I waited all evening because i gave him the benefit of the doubt maybe he had car trouble, maybe running late with kids or everyday things but we did not receive even a phone call about why he was late or not there. No call or anything the next day so I didn't even bother calling back. I figured maybe if there was something that happened we could reschedule but he never called back and I did not feel like chasing someone to give them my business. <br /Brian R.
- Business Description:You need it done and WE CAN DO IT! Expertise is every phase of construction from dirt work to finish work. We can do concrete, remodels, landscaping...we do it ALL! We have extensive experience working in remote parts of Alaska and in all weather conditions. We specialize in professional construction services at prices you can afford
- Business Description:General residential and commercial contractor
- Business Description:We have over 40 years experience in construction and remodeling. We are thorough with your project assessment and will give you several options to achieve your dream, including helping with the layout and design. We are Alaskans and understand the building season is short. We are licensed and Insured
Explore our Solution Center for helpful cabinet refacing contractor articles
A lot goes into kitchen cabinetry, and the more cabinet terminology you know, the better equipped you’ll be to design your dream kitchen. Use our guide to learn about common cabinet types, parts, materials, and finishes so you can start planning.
You may love the look of your stylish kitchen cabinets, but your dream kitchen can turn into a nightmare with all the creaking and banging your family makes on their nightly snack raid. Learn how to silence those noisy kitchen cabinets for good.
cabinet refinishers in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A and g painting12310 Mary Ave
- Accessible Homes IncPO Box 220494
- ALASKA WOODCRAFTERS1230 E 68TH AVE
- Alaskan interiors518 Lynnwood Dr
- Anchorage Property Solution9100 Elim St
- Anthony Bradford Contracting4155 Apollo Drive
- Aurora Service801 Northway Dr
- A and g painting
- Greg's Carpentry Plus3130 Ilianna St
- Greg's Carpentry Plus
- JUNGLE JIM'S FLOOR COVERINGS5650 Old Seward Hwy
- JUNGLE JIM'S FLOOR COVERINGS
- Rol-And-Door Enterprises22750 Myrtle Dr
Eagle River, Alaska
- Rol-And-Door Enterprises
- Smith & Sons Painting LLC6405 N Jason Ct
- Smith & Sons Painting LLC